Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failures

[DE]Glen

I've been trying for over 24hrs off and on. Best speed I get 50KB/s.😡

I've checked everything on my end, router, modem, etc.

Current ISP speed is around 80Mbps.

EDIT: Kept reconnecting for a higher speed.  Finally got a DL rate of around 500Kbps.  🙄

Edited by Mirarim

8 hours ago, Mirarim said:

I've been trying for over 24hrs off and on. Best speed I get 50KB/s.😡

I've checked everything on my end, router, modem, etc.

Current ISP speed is around 80Mbps.

EDIT: Kept reconnecting for a higher speed.  Finally got a DL rate of around 500Kbps.  🙄

This happened to me quite frequently but i ignore it even though the update that not pretty big around 10mb and usually stuck at 2-3mb. I don't know whether it doing optimization it the background before finish the download.

go away goodbye GIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I cant finish the latest update.

"Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly..."

Checking for new content ... 243.4 KB

I tried to verify the download cache, change the language and reinstall the game it stops at the 243.4KB mark

vor einer Stunde schrieb Iceirt:

I tried to verify the download cache, change the language and reinstall the game it stops at the 243.4KB mark

I have exactly the same problem.. stuck at the 243.4KB mark. I've tried reinstalling with and without steam, verifying, optimizing, checked everything.

I don't know what else to do...

Edited by MicTruck

Am 28.9.2019 um 14:42 schrieb MicTruck:

I have exactly the same problem.. stuck at the 243.4KB mark. I've tried reinstalling with and without steam, verifying, optimizing, checked everything.

I don't know what else to do...

Same here, this is the 2nd time now, the last time it happened i almost spend a week fixing it, not gonna bother this time.

I am done with this game, until i see a clean, correct and not so time wasting solution... so sad.

It was a cold, breezy Thursday and I said to myself "Well, nothing is better than starting off your day with Warframe"  Unbeknownst, The Almighty Lord prevented Warframe from updating, and kept saying "UpDaTe fAIleD! sOmE cOnTEnT uPdaTE coULd nOT bE doWNloAdEd fRoM oUR sErVeRs. thE uPdaTE wiLL bE rEstaRtED ShORtLy... " As an idiot I am, I wait. For how many "Updated failed" only Mesa knows. As a fellow Warframian, I seek thou help, worms.

• Like 1

update failed! Downloaded data was corrupted. launcher been stuck like this for FOUR DAYS. reinstalled twice, didn't work, tried starting launcher as administrator and all i got was a blank launcher that says Failed to load URL http://launcher/agreement.html?language=en&cluster=http://content.warframe.com with error (-105). Im getting frustrated here. What am I supposed to do now? how do I report this kind of problem to DE?

Well, i dont play that active anymore and just logged in for the daily login rewards (mainly the 700 day one which i got already now) but yeah seems same problem for me.

After now downloading the update/hotfix whatever it was, its stuck at exactly: 441.4 KB missing and before showed 100 % (but didnt let me play)

Ticket was already written at support as well.

Now the real question i really wanna know from you guys: Does ANYONE have this kind of problems in steam as well sometimes with updates? Because i sure as hell have that problems out of nowhere, without a warning and steam support also doesnt know how to fix that. Then suddenly after sometimes 3 weeks, it .... "fixes itself" and suddenly the update works again and its like the few KB missing were never a problem in the first place.

What is that exactly? WHY does this happen exactly? What causes this and how can we prevent this? (and dont come up with "dont sit in front of a computer" thats my sentence)

19 hours ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

-snip-

I have literally the same right now.

I play this game for more than 4 years. Never an issue with this game. Now I got a new PC in mid September and Updates fail. Then suddenly it worked again and now since U25.8.1 I'll get the same problem. 441.1kb missing.

edit: Steam and non-Steam version are the same. Other PC is affected as well. Changing to DX10 didin't also work 

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

already tried:

everything on this DE post, restart warframe, restart steam, restart PC, clear cache, change language, updating all drivers, reinstall, using fiddler, changing from pc to mobile connection, turning off anti-virus, SENDING TICKET (but they aint answerin it at all for 4days and counting)...

STILL stuck on checking for new content and when i try to verifying it stuck on 20%... im at my wits end here

0vziwVHHoRrWCBsIuNOyQ6EOU?token=eyJhbGci

On 2019-10-11 at 10:54 PM, Dark_RRiderr said:

did you before use windows 7 pro and now with the new pc use win 10 ?

Using Win10 since Feb 2015. But this is mostly irrelevant because the PC of my gf with Win7 has exactly the same problem. 

We never had any problems before but now on both rigs. Didn't install anything new. It worked the hours before the Hotfix and suddenly after the deploy we can't patch anymore.

Problem still on.

On 2019-10-11 at 10:54 PM, Dark_RRiderr said:

im from germany, where are you from?

Germany as well, Vodafone. Maybe the ISP has issues.

update 10/19/2019: 243kb missing now

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

Hi,
have the same problem.
All updates in the last three weeks have been downloaded,
but each time 441.4 KB missing.
Reinstallation, even on steam and offline installers have brought nothing.
Fixing the Mircrosoft Visual C ++ 20xx Redistributable did not solve the problem either.

Germany , Vodafone 😮

Error: >Launcher.log

Spoiler

0.577 Sys [Error]: Reading large file /Windows/H.Misc/Packages.bin (file size 125136335)

Finished ClientIP (0.0 seconds)
Could not send request for clientIP.php (ERROR_INTERNET_OPERATION_CANCELLED)
OS Version: 6.2 (SP0)
No page file detected; enforcing strict memory requirements!
Finished Platform (0.0 seconds)
Finished PickDirectory (0.0 seconds)

0.688 Sys [Error]: Reading large file /Windows/H.Misc/Packages.bin (file size 125136335)

-> I already deleted the file(Packages.bin) and downloaded it again,  but does not help!

On 2019-10-20 at 9:36 AM, Dark_RRiderr said:

might have something to do with Vodafone

That's why I was mentioning it. I had a similar problem with another game years back with Telekom and it indeed was a problem with this ISP. Now it seems as Vodafone has some issues.

A little workaround is: if you can get the patched files you can play again.

A friend of mine copied his complete WF folder onto an usb stick and I just pasted into my install folder. Boom. I can play again. But this step probably has to be repeated for every Hotfix, I guess

So much for the 1 year login count!!  Windows 10 did an update with nothing else changed and bam game gets login crash of death no matter what I do.  Razer synaps now updated to latest approved version, windows 10 sadly updated to latest version, everything to do with xbox uninstalled or disabled, graphics card updated, game uninstalled and reinstalled without steam verify..  but game crashes right away after login.  I sign in with my phone app but windows? not a chance.  I will switch to my backup hard drive for now but would appreciate suggestions.  Yes I tried disabling my razer so no that isn't the issue.  😞  I did reinstall my wireless network card thinking maybe the server was blocking me.. no luck. Haven't tried youtube window toss yet but some guy did that once.  lol