Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VIDEO: Millennial Gamer Dad On Jade Shadow Quest - This feels wrong

Everyone is entitled to their feelings, and I am always in favor of more accessibility options. It is odd that they introduce a trigger warning, but there is nothing you can do to avoid it.

With that said, this is a game where we use people (who had lives and families) infected with a virus as marionettes to try to play god over the solar system. I don't think one of them being pregnant in their past life is that much darker than anything else in the game. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

If the trigger warning had read "themes of trauma due to childbirth" that definitely would have spoiled everything. But it didn't 

Me seeing that warning gave only 2 possible story directions. It was very obvious after the warning.

3 hours ago, V2lkyr said:

This is true since the Jade we make is no longer weakened,the baby was the cause so it proves she's not carrying him anymore.

They can say that the Jade in the quest is the og who actually had the baby,and the Prime is just an upgraded version Ballas made,and he kept her looking pregnant because the whole reason he chose her was to see what happens if you infect a pregnant woman.

I get that. As dark as that is.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

This is the exact kind of feeling that you shouldn't simply succumb to; rather, you should critically interrogate it.  If you don't know why you feel the way you do, how can you know whether you're tapping into something reasonable versus jumping at shadows?

Sometimes being uncomfortable can give us helpful insight, but sometimes it can lead us astray, because feelings aren't always logical.  I highly recommend doing your due diligence so you can learn to what degree this feeling is rational.  There's something valuable for you to learn here, and once you do you'll be better for it.

Thank you. Very helpful

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

This quest is about paternal love, overcoming and transcending alliances, enemies, and resonating on common love and understanding regarding the life of a child and a loved one.

Instead you people decide to focus on the "ew that's weird and disgusting" part. No wonder they deleted the thread with that one guy complaining about Jade's concept and implications of the quest.

It seriously baffles me how such a profound story flew over some people's heads. 

if you were half as smart as you are trying to sound you would not straw man peoples point.

its a pregnant warframe. it feels weird because people will fetishize pregnancy as they already fetishize everything else in this community. and that is WIERD AF. it is that simple.

Edited by latetier
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, latetier said:

if you were half as smart as you are trying to sound you would not straw man peoples point.

its a pregnant warframe. it feels weird because people will fetishize pregnancy as they already fetishize everything else in this community. and that is WIERD AF. it is that simple.

But... YOU're making it weird guys...

All i see is a great story that touched my paternal instincts, and the good that unites us and leads to common understanding.

My mind didnt even THINK of what you're describing. Didnt even cross it.

Also, please, lets maintain class and keep it civil and polite, no need to resort to name calling.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

But... YOU're making it weird guys...

All i see is a great story that touched my paternal instincts, and the good that unites us and leads to common understanding.

My mind didnt even THINK of what you're describing. Didnt even cross it.

Also, please, lets maintain class and keep it civil and polite, no need to resort to name calling.

oh i see. so we are just pretending now like the community wisp fetishization isnt a thing.

but sure lets pretend for a minute there wont be weird fetishization.

do you think its okay to make people feel uncomfortable in a different body or "frame" they dont feel comfortable in?

Edited by latetier

13 minutes ago, latetier said:

Literally the only thing making it weird is all the people going on about what other people fetishize. At this point it's all starting to sound like a whole lot of projection or the quest "awakened" something in some players and that's making them uncomfortable. 

• Like 7

hace 3 minutos, latetier dijo:

oh i see. so we are just pretending now like the community wisp fetishization isnt a thing.

but sure lets pretend for a minute there wont be weird fetishization.

do you think its okay to make people feel uncomfortable in a different body they dont feel comfortable in?

What do you think if it is better not to use it? Wisp and his huge butt make me uncomfortable, since it makes me uncomfortable we better take it off.

1 minute ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

What do you think if it is better not to use it? Wisp and his huge butt make me uncomfortable, since it makes me uncomfortable we better take it off.

if your gonna play this game of answering my question with a question i can just block you now and save us both time.

Edited by latetier

hace 4 minutos, latetier dijo:

if your gonna play this game of answering my question with a question i can just block you now and save us both time.

hahaha that's your answer? It seems that you are the one with the strange jade fetishes.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, latetier said:

oh i see. so we are just pretending now like the community wisp fetishization isnt a thing. i see.

Clearly you don't.

Also, under no circumstance will you ever again twist my words into something different.

Now, having said that, no, we do not ignore that aspect of the game and the community. 

And it is not a bad thing. Sexuality, even in its playful form, is more than welcome and also a part of being human.

There is no need to be ashamed, or guilt trip others for something you, me, or any other individual finds interesting.

And let's be honest, and to the point of this whole meaningless discussion; the reason this all started is because you guys made it weird.

Plain and simple.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

Clearly you don't.

Also, under no circumstance will you ever again twist my words into something different.

Now, having said that, no, we do not ignore that aspect of the game and the community. 

And it is not a bad thing. Sexuality, even in its playful form, is more than welcome and also a part of being human.

There is no need to be ashamed, or guilt trip others for something you, me, or any other individual finds interesting.

And let's be honest, and to the point of this whole meaningless discussion; the reason this all started is because you guys made it weird.

Plain and simple.

oh i see. you dont want opinions you AGREE with to be silenced. but ones you disagree with are fine being silenced. just making sure we clear on that.

12 minutes ago, latetier said:

oh i see. you dont want opinions you AGREE with to be silenced. but ones you disagree with are fine being silenced. just making sure we clear on that.

My apologies. I wish i could explain myself better. Clearly im not good enough at that yet.

But for what its worth, i hope you remember this conversation, and in the future, come to your own, open minded and well-intentioned conclusions.

Edited by Kaggelos

29 minutes ago, Kaggelos said:

maybe u should be more careful what u say and think on it in the future too. because yes, somethings u SHOULD be ashamed of sexualizing and fetishizing

Edited by latetier

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Your horrid take literally translates to anyone who, due to genetics, is perpetually youthful in appearance (extremely common in the Far East regions of the world) must forfeit any ability to ever have a relationship or find happiness in their life.

Could you be any more of an evil """person"""?

There's a difference between someone like Shauna Rae (someone who appears to be 8 years old but is really 20+) and a character like Nowi from Fire Emblem Awakening.

The former is a real person whom is suffering a medical condition, specifically one with a damaged pituitary gland due to brain cancer from a young age. They have agency with their own choices about their body, because regardless of what they look like, they're a consenting adult. If she decides to be or act sexual, that's just a matter between her and her partner/partners .

The latter is a character designed by a person. They have no independent agency (being, y'know, a bundle of polygons and written words). If they are acting sexually, then that means a grown adult is choosing to make a character who visually looks (and potentially voice acted or characterised) like a child act sexually. It suggests - or could suggest - uncomfortable implications and intentions in the designer, the executives that mandated the inclusion, or the audience which provides demand for such characters. It's neither morally wrong nor illegal, nor should it be - again, these are fictional characters, not real people with agency or rights to be observed, and there's plenty of examples of people who discuss or create things which touch on things which are morally dubious or even outright reprehensible, but in no way are interested in actually doing those things in real life. But equally so, people have a right to be disturbed or uncomfortable with the implications.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, trst said:

Literally the only thing making it weird is all the people going on about what other people fetishize. At this point it's all starting to sound like a whole lot of projection or the quest "awakened" something in some players and that's making them uncomfortable. 

Why do I feel like they're also the same people that when Voruna came out, their posts about her always started with the words "I'm not sexist, but..." followed by whatever nonsense they were spewing about how she should've been male?

For those that feel uneasy about any thought of pregnant women in combat, I would remind them of the story of the Freydis Eiriksdottir, the daughter of explorer Erik the Red and sister of Leif Erikson.  For those who don't know of this story, this was a woman who was sick and pregnant when she was with an expedition group that was under attack by natives.  When the group wanted to retreat, she instead proceeded to grab a sword, called the almost entirely male group a bunch of cowards (to put it VERY lightly) and then walked onto the battlefield, tore her top off and brandished her sword while screaming bloody murder, which scared the attacking natives enough for them to retreat.  The moral of that story is that pregnant women are FAR stronger and more capable that most men realize (I'd say "people" but let's be real here).  It's not to say that they don't need support, but they're not exactly Fabergé eggs either.  For those who fail to accept something like this or still find themselves uncomfortable treating pregnant women the same as other women, then maybe they just shouldn't be parents.

As for Jade, mechanically she's still a fun frame to play.  In terms of story, there's a beauty to it that I fear that the majority of the playerbase will never truly understand as showcased by threads like this one.

• Like 8

I dunno dudes, I don't really like the idea of the warframe's lore/appearance myself, but it def seems like others do, so whatevs. Just me but I'd rather just play the game as a space ninja and blow stuff up rather than deal with complicated thoughts on "the human condition" or whatever. Call me whatever you want, but there's a reason I skipped/alt tabbed during the cinematics; I play the game to get away from that stuff, same reason I don't play RPGs anymore.

And before anyone decides to psychoanalyze me like people were earlier in this thread to others, take it down a peg; I'm just talking about an opinion on a space ninja story and its relation to my gaming experience. That's all lol.

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

I doubt they will change the design especially since it's a game a lot of companies will not redesign their games or characters just because people don't like them. That's just how the video game industry is, and a lot of times people just have to get used to it.

58 minutes ago, OneOmniverse said:

I doubt they will change the design especially since it's a game a lot of companies will not redesign their games or characters just because people don't like them. That's just how the video game industry is, and a lot of times people just have to get used to it.

no one is asking for a redesign. op said in the video it makes him uncomfortable. and wishes there was a toggle so that it doesnt make him feel uncomfortable. and people are up in arms against that opinion. who is the weird one here? the guy asking for a simple toggle, or the people who are trying to say his opinion or feeling is invalid?

Edited by latetier

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Slayer-.:

While we are on the subject of tripping out, the new Motetique Signa reminds me of this old awesome TV series ship the Andromeda Ascendant.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.tQTVfzMppHKYopvOLP8lhwHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=ec7ad61f9a971d4878df5bd519557a5322dc13141de7410161a4b095ffa196ef&ipo=images

Loved the show and Andromeda was hot as a ship avatar. But the writing dropped further and further with each season.

• Like 1