Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to slash procs

My slash procs from glaive prime and nataruk do a lot less dmg now than before the resistances update, is it just me or did they get needed?  Also it was in archon hunts that I noticed this.

The enemy base health is higher , so it takes more slashes to achieve the same TTK when before the hp was low but Armor was high.

The actual damage shouldn't be different (outside of a bug in simulacrum).

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Typo
  • Like 5

56分钟前 , bobojoeho 说:

My slash procs from glaive prime and nataruk do a lot less dmg now than before the resistances update, is it just me or did they get needed?  Also it was in archon hunts that I noticed this.

Change in armor and effective health.

Before: 100 health with 99.9% DR from armor = 100000 effective health

After: 10000 health with 90% DR cap from armor = 100000 effective health

Both have the same effective health. Your guarantee slash glaive prime deals 100 damage to both, bypassing their armor and DR. But it takes 1 hit to kill before update, and 100 hits to kill after update.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bobojoeho said:

Oh it got nerfed, you know how they like to sneak in Nerfs and think no one is looking.

I've also noticed this with Viral/Heat Builds (they are still powerful, but not as potent) 

• Like 1

Enemy base health is much higher and their armor is now much lower (and capped at 90% DR) to keep the same EHP.

This means that if you relied on slash procs to do the killing in missions your TTK goes up.

Meanwhile if you use other methods to kill enemies (as well as armor stripping and the like) your TTK either remained the same or got slightly lower than it was before the update.  Especially for people who could only partially armor strip as they redid the enemy (not player) armor math so that partial armor stripping is much more effective.  After all in the old system you could remove 80% of the enemies armor and they could still have a 95% DR at the higher levels and now that just isn't a thing where an 80% armor strip actually noticeably decreases their EHP across the board.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 3

yeah my glaive went from doing 800k-5mil to about 70k-400k. but thats not the worse part, the hit detection is so weird now. almost like its not AOE anymore and must be direct hit to register. im not sure whats going on but kinda sucks i only got the weapon a month or so back. 

oh well i got a lot other strong weapons it is what it is. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb 7bigpete:

yeah my glaive went from doing 800k-5mil to about 70k-400k. but thats not the worse part, the hit detection is so weird now. almost like its not AOE anymore and must be direct hit to register. im not sure whats going on but kinda sucks i only got the weapon a month or so back. 

oh well i got a lot other strong weapons it is what it is. 

is it a bug? I've also tested a lot. At the moment a lot of things aren't working.
and they're fixing a lot at the moment. There are still too many bugs.,

On 2024-06-25 at 2:45 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Oh it got nerfed, you know how they like to sneak in Nerfs and think no one is looking.

Except, you know, they talked about upcoming changes before they happened and then spelled it out in patch notes.

But sure, they sneaked it in.

• Like 6

On 2024-06-26 at 12:34 PM, 7bigpete said:

yeah my glaive went from doing 800k-5mil to about 70k-400k. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that elemental weaknesses got changed

Pre-update, flesh was +25% weak to slash damage and +75% weak to viral, on top of the +100% bonus from a viral proc. But now those multipliers are gone for everything except Corrupted. So if you were running pure Viral against Grineer, now the +75% multiplier is just gone and you're doing less damage overall

As mentioned they reverted some of the Enemy scaling HP nerfs from 5 years ago. The reason I quit playing for a long time.

I remember back then players would always use eHP as a comparison for Armor which was very flawed since Corrosive at the time did up to millions of eHP per proc. Used to drive me nuts. Players often constantly blamed armor scaling but It was the Raw HP catching up with their damage and lack of status rates.

I'm not big on the damage modifier changes but I'm glad I was here to see them realize that scaling nerf was a mistake.