Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade eximus sucks because of the intention implementing them.

32 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Who hurt all of you, why so spiteful? Getting "Life sucks and I'm bitter" type energy from these comments. Like try to meditate, no need to take out your problems on other people.

I’m more curious as to what kind of game you thought you were getting involved with when you first booted up Warframe and why it didn’t peg that it’s a third person shooter

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Merkranire said:

I’m more curious as to what kind of game you thought you were getting involved with when you first booted up Warframe and why it didn’t peg that it’s a third person shooter

I have no idea what you mean. Been playing since 2015, never had a problem with the game. Even the Jade light eximus aren't really a problem, it's just the intention that bothers me. 

Why does everything have to be policed in the game? Pretty sure all other third person shooters don't have this level of play-style policing.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Why does everything have to be policed in the game?

Please tell me:
How is your behavior "policed" by having a rare enemy that requires you to occasionally pay attention to what is happening in the game?

Outside of the new event jade eximus units are fairly rare, even in longer duration endless content.
Sure they show up from time to time but they aren't a constant thorn in anyones side.

Heck the random nechramech that the culverains spawn in netracells is much more annoying and common (sometimes back to back to back attempts to summon nechramechs from closets) than jade light eximus are, and serve the exact same purpose: force you to move around and pay attention.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Why does everything have to be policed in the game? Pretty sure all other third person shooters don't have this level of play-style policing.

Because this game has an issue with rule breakers who're leeching off the work of others. And since DE wont/can't deal with them directly it's refreshing to at least see them getting some punishment for their (in)actions.

At this point all we need is changes to how the eximus damages objectives. And if DE us feeling generous maybe making the beams ignore invulnerability and/or make forced revives take 2 revives instead of 1 (just so afk players can get nothing after 2-3 deaths). Then they would be perfect.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Please tell me:
How is your behavior "policed" by having a rare enemy that requires you to occasionally pay attention to what is happening in the game?

Outside of the new event jade eximus units are fairly rare, even in longer duration endless content.
Sure they show up from time to time but they aren't a constant thorn in anyones side.

Heck the random nechramech that the culverains spawn in netracells is much more annoying and common (sometimes back to back to back attempts to summon nechramechs from closets) than jade light eximus are, and serve the exact same purpose: force you to move around and pay attention.

Well the design of these enemies are intentionally hostile against the player, not in the sense that enemies are hostile and attack, I mean similar to hostile architecture where the design is combative and is meant to push you to play a certain way.

• Like 5

To my knowledge, DE has never stated that Jade Eximus were designed with the intent of impacting AFK behavior; rather, there are some players who have theorized that that's the case.  Personally, I don't think that theory adds up, for a few reasons:

1. First and foremost, if DE wanted to introduce something new to deter AFK behavior, they would openly and transparently tout it as a feature.  The overwhelming majority of the player base dislikes leeching, so DE putting in further effort to stop that would be appreciated and applauded by the player base.  DE isn't going to pass up the good will.

2. The game already has anti-AFK measures.  Any impact Jade Eximus could have is redundant with what has already been implemented and thus doesn't meaningfully impact the genuine kind of AFK behavior that DE and players care about.

My interpretation is that Jade Eximus is just another enemy aimed at trying to provide some flavor to the challenges that players face.  And in that sense, I think it's a successful unit.  When a Jade Eximus is around, you're gonna either be chased or have to take out its light fixtures until you've killed it..  And that's great game design: the unit presents unique challenges with distinct solutions.  And the instant it's dead, you can move onto different challenges until another one appears.  It's a neat unit and I'm glad to have it.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
fixed typos
  • Like 8

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, trst said:

Because this game has an issue with rule breakers who're leeching off the work of others. And since DE wont/can't deal with them directly it's refreshing to at least see them getting some punishment for their (in)actions.

At this point all we need is changes to how the eximus damages objectives. And if DE us feeling generous maybe making the beams ignore invulnerability and/or make forced revives take 2 revives instead of 1 (just so afk players can get nothing after 2-3 deaths). Then they would be perfect.

How is not bouncing across walls like a squirrel who broke into a bodybuilders pre-workout supply breaking the rules? What if you're helping the team ability wise like applying over guard, or my new favourite style I got now I unlocked protea prime, using nourish, putting a dispensary down so the team has plenty of health and energy and then just using the turrets. 

Why do I HAVE to jump around and smack Crtl+Space ad infinitum? What if I want to take it slow while also providing support energy/health and damage wise?

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

To my knowledge, DE has never stated that Jade Eximus were designed with the intent of impacting AFK behavior; rather, there are some players who have theorized that that's the case.  Personally, I don't think that theory adds up, for a few reasons:

1. First and foremost, if DE wanted to introduce something new to deter AFK behavior, they would openly and transparently tout it as a feature.  The overwhelming majority of the player base dislikes leeching, so DE putting in further effort to stop that would be appreciated and applauded by the player base.  DE isn't going to pass up the good will.

2. The game already has anti-AFK measures.  Any impact Jade Eximus could have is redundant with what has already been implemented and thus doesn't meaningfully impact the genuine kind of AFK behavior that DE and players care about.

My interpretation is that Jade Eximus is just another enemy aimed at trying to provide some flavor to the challenges that players face.  And in that sense, I think it's a successful unit.  When a Jade Eximus around, you're gonna either be chased or have to take out its light fixtures until you've killed it..  And that's great game design: the unit prevents unique challenges with distinct solutions.  And the instant it's dead, you can move onto different challenges until another one appears.  It's a neat unit and I'm glad to have it.

That's a good point, they'd probably have mentioned it in thee dev-stream. I'm not fully against the Jade Eximus (not like my opinion matters in the direction of the game), they do add variety and I think the lore surrounding the Jade Light and the units is pretty cool.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, _Eclips3_ said:

How is not bouncing across walls like a squirrel who broke into a bodybuilders pre-workout supply breaking the rules? What if you're helping the team ability wise like applying over guard, or my new favourite style I got now I unlocked protea prime, using nourish, putting a dispensary down so the team has plenty of health and energy and then just using the turrets. 

Why do I HAVE to jump around and smack Crtl+Space ad infinitum? What if I want to take it slow while also providing support energy/health and damage wise?

Well the great thing is that nothing has forced you to do any of that. Literally holding forward is enough to keep the beam off you. And if there's a lack of space moving in a circle also works plus rolling through it works since rolls grant 75%DR. If that's asking for too much then it seems like a change in build (or game) is in order.

After all if you're actually playing but you want to pretend you're a turret then you can do so with a build that face tanks them or run Silence to disable them. Plus a supposed support playstyle would be far more efficient by disabling Eximus abilities altogether via Silence instead of providing resources any player can, and most often do, have an excess of.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TronionX said:

The only real issue i see there is the griefing potential of someone intentionally letting the eximus destroy a defense objective.

I would argue this expands to all mission-critical objectives that require the player to interact with something (reviving a downed prisoner or retrieving data from a vault) since the player has no option in both cases but to stand still or lose.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alguien said:

I would argue this expands to all mission-critical objectives that require the player to interact with something (reviving a downed prisoner or retrieving data from a vault) since the player has no option in both cases but to stand still or lose.

A player that isn't griefing has the options to kill the eximus first, use an ability that'll remove the concern, use Void Mode with their Operator, or take the risk of performing the action with no protections. It's never just a case of "stand still or lose" unless you make it so.

I understand your argument that it feels like DE is reaching to force things on players by design, but it also sounds like you are paranoid about it. I don't like the Jade eximus because the beam can spawn even through walls and there's no real way to tell where the eximus is based off the beam. It makes the game slightly unfair rather than harder in my opinion. Even then it feels like a reach to say that DE is using the Jade eximus as step one to train the community into complacency from the inside out. Plenty of frames can have a slower playstyle but I'd say rarely any stay still enough for a beam to kill you. Other frames have perfect tools against them like Valkyr who is invincible or Nezha who can actually use the beam to charge his shield up to like 20K instantly or more. I understand the beam #*!%s over when you need to step aside or pause the game, but that's also why you have revives by teammates and yourself. The game design balances itself for now by allowing you to #*!% up 3-5 times at all difficulty levels.

16 hours ago, TronionX said:

I genuinely don't even see a major difference between them and energy/health leech eximus, both them and the jade eximus spawn a damage/drain zone, that forces you to move out of the way otherwise you take damage/get mag proc'd, the only difference here is the jade light also follows you for a few seconds, but you can break it by shooting the orb.

Enemies making you interact with their mechanic is not a bad thing.

I think the biggest thing is damage. The energy leech dont hurt technically, but the mag proc and energy drain still hurt. 

meanwhile health leech eximi are a joke. Their damage isnt high, and while it does ignore shields, it doesnt do enough damage to matter. 

Jade eximi are essentially a leech eximus that no longer ignores the shield of a player, and trades healing allies for sheer damage, ironically similar to our new “support focused” frame. If health leech could kill you in 2 seconds if you stayed in its effect radius then you’d see more complaints

28 minutes ago, Alguien said:

I wish many bleeding rescue targets and data being deleted while Jade Eximus are around upon ye

Aite, I'll be sure to press all of 1-2 buttons before dealing with them. I'd advise anyone to do the same if they can manage such a herculean task.

17 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

See, I don't get that mindset, why do you want to control how other people play? Like why do you care?

Something I've noticed is that people on the "lawful" side of the lawful/chaotic spectrum want rule breakers to be punished. When we are in a bad mood we literally fantasize about it

Yes, "we," because I'm speaking from experience here. If you're outright leeching in a corner in a squad with me, even if we both agree I could easily solo the mission without you, I'm intentionally letting the Jade Light kill you. You break the rules, you get the punishment

But that's one half of the argument so far. The difference between lawful good and lawful stupid is when we look at the other half: how the Jade Light interacts with people who aren't breaking the rules:

18 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

These new enemies, designed as an anti-AFK feature, are meant to target and disrupt players who might be standing still too long, even if they're just taking a momentary breather

There is indeed more nuance here. If you have to step away mid-mission for 90 seconds (less than the actual AFK timer) for an emergency, I would be stupid and unreasonable to say no at that point. Call it out in the chat and I will totally cover you

Let's take it a step further. Let's say you're not even AFK, what if you're just playing Equinox or Mesa, you don't use Natural Talent or Waltz on your build, and you're stopping to refresh your abilities. That's about 3 seconds where you're stationary... And that's enough time to get hit by Jade Light. Is that good design? To force players to move not just frequently but CONSTANTLY? It doesn't come up in most missions because Jade Eximus are rare, but it can definitely be frustrating in the new Ascension mode where they're about 75% of the enemy spawns

• Like 3

5 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

Well the design of these enemies are intentionally hostile against the player, not in the sense that enemies are hostile and attack, I mean similar to hostile architecture where the design is combative and is meant to push you to play a certain way.

Architecture is in public. The game is not. 

Meh I like em.

They only time I had a problem was when the host's connection was so bad I died like three times without knowing.  Because the stuttering and freezing was so bad.

But I was playing wukong and didn't need a revive (I love his cloud walker for the ascension game mode).

The worst part of the game though was that I didn't pick up the sister drops even though she died right next to me because of how bugged it was (next time I'll just leave squad).

19 hours ago, SolStreak said:

I might add to pinpoint the main focus, that the Jade Light spawns right above the players. All other Eximus have their ability coming from their own body; Arson's expanding fire Aoe, Blitz's ground blast aiming at you, Shock's homing sparks, etc. meanwhile Jade Light just sees the player and cast a homing Jade Light right above them. Arson's reputation as the hardest Eximus has been dethroned by Jade Light I guess.

Arson is an interesting comparison.  Maybe Arson seem easier because

1.  We've been dealing with them for a long time.
  2.  There aren't lucrative missions that spawn lots of Eximus, and every single one an Arson Eximus.

I don't know which is actually more challenging.  Probably Jade, but it's not a totally easy call for me to make. There are definitely things about Jade Eximus that could be improved.  But I'm pretty sure if they'd been around for two years, and Arson Eximus were brand new and spawning like crazy in a new Operation that facilitated their special ability, the reactions would be fairly similar.  i.e., a lot  of people saying Arson are grossly unfair, some saying they're trivial, and everything in between.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I have no idea what you mean. Been playing since 2015, never had a problem with the game. Even the Jade light eximus aren't really a problem, it's just the intention that bothers me. 

I’m not asking whether you had a problem with this game, I’m asking what kind of game you thought you were getting into.

To me, the Jade eximus is a natural extension of the idea of playing a third person shooter with an amazing movement system, and it’s trying to throw problems at you for you to solve with your capability as a player.

Warframe is unique in that it gives us so many options and ways to avoid having to play like the game’s trying to kill us, but ultimately if you want to get the most out of the game and use the most options in the most way, you’ll inevitably find out why it’s still a third person shooter that’s trying to kill you and you need to stop that from happening.

Inaros and Nidus may be choices for modifiers that remove player shields, but they’re two options out of a roster of like 50-something, and the rest are going to experience the wrinkle of having no shields; it’s the same for cases where you may choose your build and loadout and missionlevel options in order to stand around without a care in the world, but the more you explore the range of builds and loadout and missionlevel options, the more you’ll come across scenarios where you can’t do that and the game gets a chance to be what it is at its core

Edited by Merkranire
I feel like players forget that the level of content they do matters too
  • Like 1

Personally, I wish that the attack came from the Exists and just was a tad bit slower chasing you alongside a more accurate hit box. 

I don't mind them melting me, I do mind it when the laser is a feet away from me but the hit box hits me. 

15 hours ago, RichardKam said:

Before the current hotfix, some people actually thought the damage output of jade light (a mistake admitted by DE) was intended.

TBF... It was pretty fun ngl. Warframe survivability is probably some of the most power creeped parts of the game. (Stacking shield gate(s) from companions, ability spam, etc. Ontop of overguard gates. Ontop of CC. Ontop of self revive via unairu. Ontop of etc, etc etc.) I wouldn't mind more dangerous enemies from DE, even touch of death enemies, as long as it's reactable, which pre hotfix jade eximus were.

• Like 4

I don't mind jade eximus units, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to their spawn rate being lowered a bit.  It's one thing to have to move a bit for a mechanic, but when I have to constantly run around for two straight minutes on some missions because of getting targeted by beam after beam after beam no matter how many I can shoot, it does get a bit obnoxious.

And yes, their damage could probably be toned down a smidge.  Pretty sure you're not supposed to sit in one as a Rhino and get an Iron Skin with over two million overguard.

Edited by Raarsi
  • Like 1