The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why has the prime schedule been disrupted this heavily?

i'll put it simple. where is xaku prime? why is the schedule being disrupted this heavily? there's been a few switch ups in the past, but the switch was usually swapping the 2 frames for that pass around like gauss and grendel, or atlas and wukong.

we just had protea, xaku should've been next, and even if they want to pull the "they're NB" card, yareli should've been next then. why is sevagoth next? why him spesifically? lavos came before him too.

i've been waiting for xaku prime for 3 years now. went into tennocon hyped to hell and back to see my beautiful skeleton guilded to the nines and kitted out with beautiful cosmetics. instead i got a thicc pirate and his pet fish.

i just wanna know why

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, herozen13 said:

i'll put it simple. where is xaku prime? why is the schedule being disrupted this heavily? there's been a few switch ups in the past, but the switch was usually swapping the 2 frames for that pass around like gauss and grendel, or atlas and wukong.

we just had protea, xaku should've been next, and even if they want to pull the "they're NB" card, yareli should've been next then. why is sevagoth next? why him spesifically? lavos came before him too.

i've been waiting for xaku prime for 3 years now. went into tennocon hyped to hell and back to see my beautiful skeleton guilded to the nines and kitted out with beautiful cosmetics. instead i got a thicc pirate and his pet fish

i just wanna know why

this is just my guess but, how popular frames are might have something to do with it.

they have lots of player data on this since they collect everything we do and analyze it.

it would be smart to not work on unpopular frames, but only DE really knows the reason, we can only take educated guesses.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, latetier said:

this is just my guess but, how popular frames are might have something to do with it.

they have lots of player data on this since they collect everything we do and analyze it.

it would be smart to not work on unpopular frames, but only DE really knows the reason, we can only take educated guesses.

grendel prime, protea prime, and now sevagoth prime. all unpopular frames at base upon their prime's release. all getting a prime. your logic fails

Just now, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Maybe Xaku is taking longer given their weird background and design.

if i don't see my prime skeleton by halloween, i'm setting canada on fire again.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, latetier said:

Maybe.  Xaku is a lot more popular than Sevagoth, so conceivably they might have planned on saving  Xaku for the end of the year. 

According to the 2023 usage rates, Sevagoth, Yareli, and Lavos were all around the same level.   Although this might have changed. Particularly I think with Yareli who I've see a lot more of in 2024.

23 minutes ago, latetier said:

but only DE really knows the reason, we can only take educated guesses.

Yeah, the explanation could be almost anything.   Maybe they planned on Xaku but the skin is taking longer to come together.  Maybe they're saving Xaku for a release that will be more thematic based on content coming out at the same time.  Who knows.

1 minute ago, herozen13 said:

grendel prime, protea prime, and now sevagoth prime. all unpopular frames at base upon their prime's release. all getting a prime. your logic fails

That's not a fair criticism, I think.  Grendel and Protea Prime came out in the standard pattern DE's used for years.  The question was, "Why Sevagoth now?", who definitely breaks with that pattern.

• Like 2

They are known for playing favoritism for Tennocon. That is what I've got.

But even then is Sevagoth really that much more popular than Xaku?

Yareli I can understand not showing off at Tennocon. She was bashed on heavily at release if anyone else remembers that. Which leaves what then? Lavos is not popular enough. Caliban isn't. Sevagoth is the only other frame that has a somewhat decent popularity but I still question if it is that much more popular than Xaku. Gyre and Voruna I have to assume are too far out.

I have to assume they look at the plat sales data, but maybe the farm is also taken into account? I know that is one area where Sevagoth (and Caliban minus everyone getting him for free) is heavily talked about.

Shock factor??? I don't know, grasping for straws here.

I was hoping they would do something special for Xaku, like introduce Xaku as a permanent feature like Valkyr and Nyx in RJ relics to not disrupt that gendered scheduling and show it off as a special treat during Tennocon. And it doesn't make sense to do a hey look something special for a future date since that is what Tennocon is for.

I don't mind them going out of order, I just can't follow the logic.

Edited by Numerounius
  • Like 1

Is there actually a Prime schedule though? Or is that just what players call the pattern DE has been following? Cause afaik DE has never actually acknowledged that pattern and never confirmed any actual release timelines aside from whatever the next Prime will be. Sure they are breaking that pattern, again, but unless they stated otherwise it's not like they're beholden to that order.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, herozen13 said:

if i don't see my prime skeleton by halloween, i'm setting canada on fire again.

Bro, it is wildfire season right now. Not the time to make the fire joke.

I can see the skeleton and Halloween thing but isn't that more reserved for a deluxe skin which Xaku already got recently?

• Like 3

Maybe they just want to change the way they do prime releases instead of following the same pattern they've been following for a while 

I was a bit disappointed though, I'm not a Sevagoth fan, would've liked to see what Xaku prime looks like or even Lavos prime but I guess I'll have to wait a bit more

• Like 1

When they made Nidus Prime, they had to delay him because they needed to make an appealing design that was lore-accurate. Obviously this is conflicting with the fact Revenant Prime exists, but in Rev Prime's defense he canonically does not and should not exist but does thanks to void shenanigans.

Frankly, I'm really happy Sevagoth is next, that means I don't have to wait til January for him :9

4 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

But even then is Sevagoth really that much more popular than Xaku?

In 2023 Sevagoth had 0.41% usage to Xaku's 1.43% according to DE's chart.  For what that's worth.

11 minutes ago, trst said:

Sure they are breaking that pattern, again, but unless they stated otherwise it's not like they're beholden to that order.

Definitely.  Although I read the OP as salty, but not suggesting they'd broken a solemn promise or anything.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, C11H22O1 said:

Maybe they just want to change the way they do prime releases instead of following the same pattern they've been following for a while

I imagine part of it has to do with the change of pattern with frame release, since they seem to have completely veered off the original MMFFMMFF course they semi-standardized in the past. Makes sense, since right now primes are catching up with frames a little faster than they can release new frames, so I'd rather they work with what they have ideas for and can get pumped and excited for rather than force something out because it's technically next.

• Like 2

Because Sevagoth is just THAT goated, His aura broke the schedule 

Sevagoth mains stay winning 

Jokes aside, Sevagoth mains have literally been living in the shadows since his release and only recently starting seeing the light, let them have this one

And you WILL get your Xaku prime eventually

Edited by Waeleto
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

I imagine part of it has to do with the change of pattern with frame release, since they seem to have completely veered off the original MMFFMMFF course they semi-standardized in the past.

Am I drunk?   I'm looking at the prime releases since 2012 and I don't see a break with that pattern until the one that was announced today.  👀

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframes_Comparison/Release_Dates#Prime_

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, trst said:

Is there actually a Prime schedule though? Or is that just what players call the pattern DE has been following? Cause afaik DE has never actually acknowledged that pattern and never confirmed any actual release timelines aside from whatever the next Prime will be. Sure they are breaking that pattern, again, but unless they stated otherwise it's not like they're beholden to that order.

There is no schedule, just a pattern the playerbase followed.

My guess is if there is new Railjack content at the same time (I haven't been following the news, only saw a thread about it), then they want a poster-child for the content, and Sevagoth is the "Railjack-frame" because of the Tempestarii thing (perhaps a Tempestarii Prime reskin)

Edited by Pakaku

I mean if you want DE to answer, you might be better off asking in the Dev Short or next Dev Stream. The obvious answer is that Pirates are in right now, Bones will be next season, and 2025 will be the year of Serpentine Alchemy and Kawaii Fish. The joke answer on the other hand? Well, Sevagoth has had his Prime version designed and ready to go for years. It might just be that since DE has different people who work on different Primes, other Warframes, like Xaku Prime's design wasn't ready yet, but Sevagoth's was. Its not always just taking popularity into account, or upholding to the Sacred Patterns of FF/MM or Release Schedule Notions & Prophecy. 

Personally, I would have preferred Xaku and or Lavos, but... Sevagoth isn't also coming with the Epitaph Prime, so, shrugs. 

10 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Am I drunk?   I'm looking at the prime releases since 2012 and I don't see a break with that pattern until the one that was announced today.  👀

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframes_Comparison/Release_Dates#Prime_

The standardized pattern is MMFFMMFF usually based on release order, breaking out of release order is a more recent thing, but again - quality over standard, imo.

Pattern and release order are, as always, simply a suggestion as DE is very much like to do whatever they want.

Edited by Flannoit

2 hours ago, latetier said:

Unless you mean DE is kicking Sevagoth out to the curb in late summer so Xaku can rake in the big bucks for the holiday season this winter, then this take couldn't be more wrong.

SMTGP5G.png

2 hours ago, herozen13 said:

protea prime [...] all unpopular frames at base upon their prime's release

That's definitely a take...

Edited by KitMeHarder

3 hours ago, herozen13 said:

why has the prime schedule been disrupted this heavily?

Because it's not a sacred promise from DE. Never was. It's just a pattern they like using

I've seen this happen in too many fandoms, "former coincidence, turned pattern because the dev liked the pattern" becomes internalized as "holy gospel" and the fans go completely nuts of the dev has to break the pattern for whatever reason

• Like 7

I honestly hope the delay means Xaku prime will look magnificent. I love Xaku's current design a LOT. And I hope the prime upgrade won't be a downgrade for them.

And sevagoth got pretty .. strong with the latest augments, so I'm fine with him releasing.

I'm dreading forma'ing 3 different parts of him though. 😅 

• Like 1