The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Greater Rift" type game mode, please.

4thBro

I'm going to suggest this every so often, because it's what I want from Warframe. I don't really even play the game right now, because there's nothing fulfilling or satisfying in the game at the moment. No good way for me to stretch my muscles and see what I can do (or what doesn't actually work).

• I don't want my loadout to be randomized. I want to play what I worked on creating.
  • I don't want to be forced into Operator. Nobody cares about Operator. This game is called Warframe, not Operator.
  • I want max level enemies immediately. Or maybe after like 5 minutes so you can "ramp up." Nobody wants to have to sit around for anywhere between 2 to 8 hours before the enemies start to test your build.
  • I don't want special rewards for this game mode. Special/exclusive rewards, or even any slight advantage at all, are the biggest thing opposition of this idea present as their reason. Those that WANT something like this don't want it FOR heightened rewards. They want it so that something in this game has meaning to them.
  • Leaderboards would be cool. Probably separated into Frame categories. Again, no reward for this leaderboard, please. I just want the game mode, not excuses as to why we're not adding it.
  • This would probably be a Survival type mission. If you wanna add periodic bosses, that could be fine. (Acolytes at the very least, but I'm wondering if maybe something extra, too, like Liches and Sisters? Maybe even Archons, too? ALL of these types in this mission mode could be pretty awesome, actually, now that I say it out loud. Their levels might have to not be 10,000 though, lol.)

Anyway, there you have it. This is what would make me LLOOVVEE Warframe to death. But right now, it just has no real reason to be played. All any of us want to do is go out and kill stuff. But we also don't want to just kill level 1 enemies, which objectively means we want to kill stuff that's a sort of challenge. Well, here we go. This would be the ultimate thing.

Also, this serves positive purposes, as well:

• This would boost the economy, and would cause people to explore different things.
  • It would be a never-ending goal, since it's effectively competitive PvP from the leaderboards, which gives people an infinite incentive to keep logging in and playing.

And, as mentioned... since there would be no special rewards for this... There would be ZERO DOWNSIDE to anyone at all.

Thanks for reading. Hoping to see this in the game someday.

Edited by 4thBro
  • Like 4

Doesn't look appealing, challenge is fun and all but without anything to gain from it besides an ego boost it would likely not get many people playing it. Doubt they would add something like this

• Like 8

I didn't expect you to make such a compelling case, but you did.  I think the mission type that you described here would be something that certain high-end players would enjoy without disrupting the rest of the game.  So yeah: +1!

• Like 2

But that's the beauty of it. You may not want it. But it doesn't have to cross your path at any point in time.

It is strictly a positive for those that want it, and strictly a neutral for those that don't.

So... thanks for letting me know that you don't want it.

But, in the nicest way, it doesn't matter that you don't want it! :)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ominumi said:

Endless missions is already like everything you suggested. With rewards. With purpose. 

They don't have the instant access to incredibly high (max?) level enemies that the OP is requesting.  Also, do they have leaderboards?  I think some do, but I've never really investigated.  If they do, I don't think they have them separated by frame.

Honestly, I don't know that I'd play the game mode the OP is suggesting, but it would be a good way to give a certain subset of the playerbase an endlessly replayable game mode.  Maintaining it amid DE's spaghetti code issues is another thing, but if conclave can still exist, then so should this.

Edited by sunderthefirmament
typo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

They don't have the instant access to incredibly high (max?) level enemies that the OP is requesting.  Also, do they have leaderboards?  I think some do, but I've never really investigated.  If they do, I don't think they have them separated by frame.

Honestly, I don't know that I'd play the game mode the OP is suggesting, but it would be a good way to give a certain subset of the playerbase and endlessly replayable game mode.  Maintaining it amid DE's spaghetti code issues is another thing, but if conclave can still exist, then so should this.

For a leaderboard visit Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. All these different game mode already exist in warframe in some shape or form. Players already tried them all and stop engaging in the activities because there's nothing else for the players to gain.

• Like 2

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is not what I'm asking for. That place does not have strong enemies, it does not have Frame specific leaderboards, AND it punishes you for using your abilities.

Stop saying this game already has what I want, lol.

It does not.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 4thBro said:

But that's the beauty of it. You may not want it. But it doesn't have to cross your path at any point in time.

It is strictly a positive for those that want it, and strictly a neutral for those that don't.

So... thanks for letting me know that you don't want it.

But, in the nicest way, it doesn't matter that you don't want it! :)

except that because so many people dont want it, DE isnt going to add it. theyre not going to waste dev hours on a project that only 1 out of 10,000 people even give a kuakas behind about. especially since those people are probably gonna get bored of it pretty quick one someone does an incredible run and everyone gives up even trying to compete. its a waste of time

• Like 1

If you think 1 out of 10,000 players want this, even calculating hyperbole, you're vastly mistaken.

And anyone that gives up just because one person did an incredible run on one Frame is simply not the person this game mode is for. People like me don't work that way. And people like me are the ones that want this.

It's really weird how people think that their stance on not wanting this means that it should not be included. Even though, by design, it doesn't interfere with them in any way.

I think we call this "gatekeeping". Saying it out loud in case you didn't say it in your head.

• Like 1

First off OP, Don't use words "Nobody like X"  unless you back it up with every statement of every active Warframe players that they don't like X. 

I for one like to play as Operators and Randomization. Thus, the use of "Nobody" is invalid and a fraud.

DE adding nothing of value to players in new content nowadays is out of character. If they somehow add this game-mode, they will add something worthy of attention.

• Like 3

I don't know about this ,

Do higher levels really add more challenge ? If you pick a specific loadout level cap is just as easy as around level 100,

Bragging about catching a whale bare handed is one thing , bragging about killing a whale with a nuke is gonna have less of an impact in my opinion. When the leaderboards are made up of players using the exact same cheese tactics , I am not really going to care much.

So if i revert to the nuclear option I am still playing an easy game mode. And any psychological achievement would be moot, at least for me . 

Now if I intentionally chose a specific non optimum loadout to do that , that is a challenge which might make me feel like bragging,

but then I need proof of it too so the leaderboards if any needs to be identifying the loadout, maybe a trophy to showcase your loadout that you can put in a clan/orbiter.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 4thBro said:

If you think 1 out of 10,000 players want this, even calculating hyperbole, you're vastly mistaken.

And anyone that gives up just because one person did an incredible run on one Frame is simply not the person this game mode is for. People like me don't work that way. And people like me are the ones that want this.

It's really weird how people think that their stance on not wanting this means that it should not be included. Even though, by design, it doesn't interfere with them in any way.

I think we call this "gatekeeping". Saying it out loud in case you didn't say it in your head.

Sounds like you just wanted to hear people agreeing with your idea.

With how many players dislike nerfing stuff in a game where you're already really overpowered, people that can't build properly and go to YouTube for help and people that say the wiki is mandatory do you really think they'll enjoy this mode?

Also you might not think so but someone having a tremendously high score can turn people away from the mode, no one wants to try to compete with the guy that can play 24/7 that survived 73 hours in the mode vs you that has to work or study and doesn't have much free time

• Like 1

7 hours ago, C11H22O1 said:

Sounds like you just wanted to hear people agreeing with your idea.

On 2024-07-25 at 7:15 PM, C11H22O1 said:

without anything to gain from it besides an ego boost

Don't get all high horse on me when you opened by telling me that I only want this game mode for an ego boost.

19 hours ago, Miser_able said:

except that because so many people dont want it, DE isnt going to add it.

Who wanted Railjacks??????????? Your argument is a fallacy. It pretends that things only get added if every player wants it. But that's obviously not the case. The whole DESIGN of Warframe is for you to find your corner of the game that you enjoy, and to go enjoy it.

That's why I made this thread. I don't currently HAVE a corner that I enjoy.

qq7aAAj.png

I'm just staring at my screen, saying... "There's nothing worth doing."

That's why I'm suggesting this game mode. Because it would be my corner of the game. And it would be a lot of people's corners. It literally does not matter that it wouldn't be everyone's corner. NO CORNER is everyone's corner. That's what Warframe is.

So I'm asking... Why are you trying to gatekeep this? What are you afraid will happen to your corner, by adding mine? I'm legitimately trying to put your concerns to rest, but first I need you to tell me what they even are.

7 hours ago, C11H22O1 said:

Also you might not think so but someone having a tremendously high score can turn people away from the mode, no one wants to try to compete with the guy that can play 24/7 that survived 73 hours in the mode vs you that has to work or study and doesn't have much free time

Yes, I've considered this. That's why I'm thinking they remove level cap for this game mode. Enemies can go beyond level cap, and they can do it rapidly. There WILL be a hard cap that people just simply cannot beat. The question will be, how high can they go? And if the pacing is made correctly, then the ballpark for average runs as well as record runs won't be too much to ask for in a single session. (Something like 1 or 2 hours?)

17 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

First off OP, Don't use words "Nobody like X"  unless you back it up with every statement of every active Warframe players that they don't like X. 

I for one like to play as Operators and Randomization. Thus, the use of "Nobody" is invalid and a fraud.

66% of your post is addressing semantics. You're fully aware that I was using hyperbole, but yet, you felt like you had to explain it for anyone that missed it.

Yeah, I dunno. The posts in here are weird. Can anyone explain why they're trying to gatekeep this? It literally doesn't matter if you don't want this. All that matters is that some people do. That's literally Warframe's entire design. The attempt for there to be something for everyone, while not forcing people to play anything in particular. Hell, even Archon Shards are spread out in so many places now.

But, for some reason, you're opposing the addition of something you'd never even have to look at, if it didn't appeal to you???

It's just so bizarre. What are you afraid of???

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

Don't get all high horse on me when you opened by telling me that I only want this game mode for an ego boost.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm in a high horse it's just with no rewards tied to it there's no reason besides "I did it" and that's not really a bad thing, I mean I literally do stuff like this:

Spoiler

gxHeig4.png

Getting achievements is something I enjoy doing even if I don't really gain anything for doing it just like you would enjoy this mode you suggested just because you'll have fun doing something more challenging.

Just saying that you have to look at it like... Why would DE use development time to do a mode like this when the player base isn't really competitive and only a few people do end up staying hours in missions to get level 9999 enemies.

Not trying to crap on your idea but it's just very unlikely that DE would do this especially without any rewards tied to it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, C11H22O1 said:

Just saying that you have to look at it like... Why would DE use development time to do a mode like this when the player base isn't really competitive and only a few people do end up staying hours in missions to get level 9999 enemies.

Not trying to crap on your idea but it's just very unlikely that DE would do this especially without any rewards tied to it

(I appreciate that you responded reasonably!)

I understand the premise of... "Why do this to appease a couple people?" (Hyperbole or not.)

Perhaps I'm just assuming that there WOULD be a healthy handful of people that would keep playing this game for the game mode. Maybe that assumption is right, and maybe it's wrong. It could go either way.

This is what I can say on my behalf:

I've been playing Warframe for many years now. I have 2.5k hours, which is very low considering I started playing... [Googles how to find out...]

October 24, 2017.

And that's a bit of the point. Less than a month ago from today, I finally got my 400 login reward and picked me up a Primed Surefooted. This game has been a major on-and-off thing for me, and even during the On periods, I can't be bothered to even log in every day to push the daily login count... much less, log in every day to actually play it.

That's my personal emphasis on how little there is for me within Warframe. Basically, I just periodically have play-sprees to catch up on the power creep, and then... upon fulfilling that goal, I quit again, because there's nothing TESTING my power. My Frames from several large power creeps ago were already sufficient against level cap enemies - whom, by the way, aren't even readily accessible in the game. There's just... nothing for me to do.

Yes, there are things I CAN do. But I don't enjoy constantly grinding trivial content, for rewards I don't even need.

I am somebody that uses every 50% or 75% discount login reward, and makes PLENTY of little five dollar purchases for Forma bundles, or ten dollar purchases for some Riven or another. I've probably spent over a thousand dollars on this game over my entire time playing it, if we're being honest.

Now imagine if I was logging in every day since October 24, 2017.

If we use rough math and say there's been approximately 2000 days since I started playing, but I only logged in for 400 of them... Any money I've put into this game is, in theory, only 20% of the money I could have put in.

And now multiply this amount by some X number, where X is the amount of people whom are the same as me... and, suddenly, I'd say the inclusion of this game mode is easily worth doing.

Even if you shave off some corners there, like, "Over time, you'd have spent less and less, and there's no determining that this game mode would have you logging in for 100% of those missing days," and other such arguments. All of those are valid things to suggest, but I think it's still fairly obvious that it would be profitable for DE to add this game mode.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Who wanted Railjacks??????????? Your argument is a fallacy. It pretends that things only get added if every player wants it.

Me and my friends wanted it. I personally have maxed everything on my RJ. We still play RJ especially for opening relics, because the void fissures missions are far more enjoyable in RJ than the traditional void fissures. But the thing that makes RJ special for me is because how many features that it has. How seamlessly you can go from one mission to another, how you can transition from RJ to archwing to traditional on foot tileset mission. It is truly underappreciated. 

• Like 2

On 2024-07-26 at 7:20 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

They don't have the instant access to incredibly high (max?) level enemies that the OP is requesting.  Also, do they have leaderboards?  I think some do, but I've never really investigated. 

Leaderboards available for almost every endless game modes, events or not events. You can check it based on clan (between you and your clanmates, or between clans), based on friends (between you and your friend lists), and based on globaly (individuals) 

i think there's also a leaderboard for Eidolon hunts, for the fastest runs. Probably the same thing for other special bosses. 

CMIIW, but i think there's also a leaderboard for the Ludoplex, specifically for Happy Zephyr and Wyrmius.

So yeah, lots of leaderboards. You get a leaderboard, you get a leaderboard, you get a leaderboard, EVERYBODY GETS A LEADERBOARD !!!

1*03btHjFwd2Nal0rsOIL1Yg.gif

Edited by (PSN)ATreidezz
  • Like 2