The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Hotfixing Paused Until The Lotus Eaters

[DE]Sam

Howdy, Tenno!

image.png

TennoCon 2024 is officially wrapped (hope everyone had the party of their lifetime!), so we’re shifting our focus to ensuring Warframe’s next Update gets the love it needs. As we put our heads down for The Lotus Eaters, Hotfixing will be paused until its release on August 21st!

One important note: The iOS team may continue to Hotfix to tackle performance improvements and resolve pressing issues exclusive to the Mobile platform during our dark period. For further details, Steve spoke about our effort to nail down any and all iOS issues ASAP in his Forum post

Due to The Lotus Eaters not being a Cert build, we won’t be able to ship any Code Fixes with this August Update. For more details on what a Cert build or Code Fixes entails, please review our Lexicon for Update Notes!

To clue you in, The Lotus Eaters aims to bridge the story between Whispers in the Walls and Warframe: 1999, featuring a short Quest prologue to the latter Update. It will also bring Sevagoth Prime Access, joined by Nautilus Prime, Epitaph Prime and other Primed cosmetics! 

Also, with the summer season at its peak up north, the need to cool off is ever-present (no thanks to Ember Heirloom), and what’s a better way to cool down than to enjoy some Dog Days water gun fun - and this time, Assists will reward 1 Nakak Pearl per! As a reminder, Dog Days 2024 ends September 3rd at 2 p.m. ET!

But of course, our day-to-day operations continue, whether it’s collecting bug reports, game feedback, or anything else. And if you want to see more of us, we've got you covered:

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we buckle down for The Lotus Eaters. We’re excited to get it into your hands on August 21st!

• Like 15

Would've been nice if y'all addressed the new bug with heavy weapon animations randomly choosing to not work. The issue fixes itself eventually, but it's a little strange seeing my Warframe just standing in a ready-to-strike position while hearing the swooshing of the blade and seeing enemies drop for an indeterminate number of missions per session.

...So you had it paused for almost a month before Tennocon, just to do 3 small fixes and to pause it for for two more weeks now? It's honestly very concerning how you guys are leaving the game for these long periods of time with some game mechanics being in a completely broken state.

You must be dealing with an insane amount of development crunch if you are constantly making decisions like this.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Crisp said:

...So you had it paused for almost a month before Tennocon, just to do 3 small fixes and to pause it for for two more weeks now? It's honestly very concerning how you guys are leaving the game for these long periods of time with some game mechanics being in a completely broken state.

You must be dealing with an insane amount of development crunch if you are constantly making decisions like this.

They will 100% say that because soulframes combat got annihilated  they will put more focus into that issue as well as the points you mentioned.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Crisp said:

Don't forget the hotfixing pause before Jade Shadows too. It's really weird. It feels like this year has been among the worst for pauses and radio silence. For me personally, it's weird seeing Reb doing interviews and talking about stuff and finding out after the fact from someone on reddit or something, without actually giving those messages to the playerbase on a medium they'd see, like here or the News panel. What happened to devstreams being about communicating with the players? Nowadays it's just them showing stuff off (or saying they can't show it off because of spoilers) and ignoring the contentious parts.

Wasn't Tennocon hype though, with them telling us to wait for gamescon or TGS to see more upcoming releases, instead of, you know, the actual convention built around their game?

I think 1999 is going to be great, but the 'Prologue' quests have almost always been something that could have come out at the same time as the release and nothing would have been lost. Pausing hotfixes when RJ is in such a state with the UI right now, especially for an update that the devs themselves say is supposed to be nothing more than an intro, does feel off.

Edited by Dragoon
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Dragoon said:
3 hours ago, Crisp said:

Don't forget the hotfixing pause before Jade Shadows too. It's really weird. It feels like this year has been among the worst for pauses and radio silence.

Yeah, I was wondering when current 'hotfix pause' ends to see this post. However, at least, content we get is at least decent (some are great some are worse but that's ok).  Nowadays we get some reworks & stuffs. I remember time around RJ & Yareli. That was boring. I hate RJ so there were nothing for me to do (Yareli were very bad). We have gotten like 3 frames... that were boring, clunky & stuff. Sevagoth's base form get changes & fixes. Yareli got some fixes too (not the greatest but it's something). Caliban is going to get some changes as well.

4 hours ago, Crisp said:

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but it's been like this for a long time now.

4 hours ago, Crisp said:

I sure hope it's something else. It'd be pretty sad if this was the reason.

• Like 2

On 2024-08-07 at 10:39 PM, Voltage said:

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but it's been like this for a long time now.

While I don't disagree with the sentiment either, folks who have been here long enough will know that this is the common trope for DE, leave game-breaking bugs for years or stopping hotfixs cuz they want to "Focus" on the update and sure more focus does mean less bugs right?, well, look at all the bugs still in-game that has to be fixed.

Considering they don't know how to release updates in a timely manner and always go "Opps" when they realize they can't do a update on the actual date it was suppose to come out, then you'll get used to it, while also keep giving players the radio silence treatment, thinking it's gonna hype them up.

But hey, that's just how it rolls

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 8

16 hours ago, Void2258 said:

So kuva and tenet weapons are inaccessible until at least the 21st due to the ongoing bugs in Railjack and confrontation missions?

Ah, so it is bugged afterall.

I recently been coaching someone back into the game, telling him the quests he needs to do, what you do in missions, new changes to the game etc. At one point the railjack subject came up including the new war and i noticed the difficulty he had when destroying regular ships, mainly due to how the UI said one thing and ships being a litle bit to the side. Locating crewships in space also became an adventure of it's own.

• Like 2

I have criticized Warframe's development when I felt it was needed. Working hard on your game is NOT something to be criticized for.
I would unironically take a 6 month period with no updates, if it meant DE was reworking base-line systems like the Codex, Conclave and Raids.
DE : Don't feel discouraged from taking a couple of months between updates. The Quality always comes before the Quantity. As long Warframe
keeps its originality and its atmospheric world-crafting I will stay in love with this game and keep supporting both DE and the Community ❤

However... having a secondary team working exclusively on Test Servers and Hot-fixing is not such a bad idea.
I played the Test Servers for Deimos and lots of Bugs were patched before release, it was pretty stable at launch.
But I understand Test Servers carry on the huge issue of SPOILERS. There is not element of surprise for the updates.

Edited by Roble_Viejo
  • Like 5

DE: Hey folks, we're delivering 3 Updates over the next 5 months, so we'll be taking a short 2 week break to try our best to make sure everything's as polished as possible. Keep in mind, we'll still be collecting bug reports so keep on sending them and we'll keep trying to get them fixed in the next Cert Build Update.

Forums: 2 WEEKS IS TOO LONG WHY WOULD YOU NEED THIS IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE WHY NO BUG FIXES WHY AM I NOT GETTING WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW I HAVE SO MANY ASSUMPTIONS WITH LITTLE TO NO FACTS WAAAAAH!!!!!!

It may not have been the intention, but this thread sure did work out as a great way to highlight as many ungrateful players as possible. Keep voluntarily adding yourselves to that list folks, it'll help determine who's opinion to take seriously in future threads.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

DE: Hey folks, we're delivering 3 Updates over the next 5 months, so we'll be taking a short 2 week break to try our best to make sure everything's as polished as possible. Keep in mind, we'll still be collecting bug reports so keep on sending them and we'll keep trying to get them fixed in the next Cert Build Update.

Forums: 2 WEEKS IS TOO LONG WHY WOULD YOU NEED THIS IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE WHY NO BUG FIXES WHY AM I NOT GETTING WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW I HAVE SO MANY ASSUMPTIONS WITH LITTLE TO NO FACTS WAAAAAH!!!!!!

It may not have been the intention, but this thread sure did work out as a great way to highlight as many ungrateful players as possible. Keep voluntarily adding yourselves to that list folks, it'll help determine who's opinion to take seriously in future threads.

Don't know, man. I would vote to scrap the next update completely if it would mean they could spare some time to fix Railjack target highlights and make in-mission waypoints reliable.

• Like 5

On 2024-08-07 at 8:00 AM, [DE]Sam said:

Due to The Lotus Eaters not being a Cert build, we won’t be able to ship any Code Fixes with this August Update. For more details on what a Cert build or Code Fixes entails, please review our Lexicon for Update Notes!

Even if it isn't a Cert build can the known issues list still be updated to reflect the bug collection that is going on?

I don't see this mentioned in the known bugs but there is a very serious bug associated with transference and the respawn plane. Is there any chance why these bugs are omitted from a purported top priority issues list? I have provided crystal clear videos and ee.logs of the bug in question and another that has griefing potential which I think DE is already aware about.

I'd post this issue in that thread but for some reason it is locked so this is my next best option.

I don't mind waiting for bugs through cert updates and stuff but when bug collection is supposed to be happening and I fail to see gamebreaking issues failing to make a top issues list I have my doubts if bug collection is actually occurring.

• Like 2

On 2024-08-09 at 6:25 PM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Well maybe then they shouldn't try to deliver 3 Updates in the span of 5 months because I and many others would much rather have less updates if they would be more polished with a bit more content in the first place, there would be less deadlines and it would be both healthier for the game and the developers.
These past two pauses in hotfixes and the one waaaay before tennocon all had game mechanic breaking issues that didn't get fixed at the time locking people out of content and potentially doing more harm to the game for new players if they are looking how something works and it just doesn't function properly due to a bug, and the best thing they can do is just wait, The craft timers already feel crushing and kill the the game for many new players because they are excited to get their hands on the brand new gear they made and the game is already overwhelming enough, this very likely is just as frustrating to a similar amount for both new and "veteran" players of the game.

On 2024-08-09 at 6:25 PM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

So giving any form of criticism is being ungrateful? I have nothing against the Developers who are working hard to push out the updates and stuff but if you are going to do it basically now 3 times in a row for it to push a deadline maybe some things need to be looked at again and some changes need to be made.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

You quoted the wrong user.

I thought it was the same user as before because of the way it was displayed, I comment very rarely so I'm not used to the layout, glad you were there to point it out though, fixed it now, thanks!

On 2024-08-10 at 10:53 PM, Crisp said:

Well maybe then they shouldn't try to deliver 3 Updates in the span of 5 months because I and many others would much rather have less updates if they would be more polished with a bit more content in the first place, there would be less deadlines and it would be both healthier for the game and the developers.

Random generic cliché critique with absolutely no substance to it at all.

These past two pauses in hotfixes and the one waaaay before tennocon all had game mechanic breaking issues that didn't get fixed at the time locking people out of content and potentially doing more harm to the game for new players if they are looking how something works and it just doesn't function properly due to a bug, and the best thing they can do is just wait, .

Want to elaborate on that at all? Not seeing any game breaking bugs at all, now or waaaay before Tennocon, although considering that's also not a measurement of time it's hard to know when you mean. Was it 2020 or something?

The craft timers already feel crushing and kill the the game for many new players because they are excited to get their hands on the brand new gear they made and the game is already overwhelming enough, this very likely is just as frustrating to a similar amount for both new and "veteran" players of the game.

Cool. Now keep in mind that right now you're the only one pretending to speak for other players. Can I have a look at the survey you did with new players? Nobody here could possibly be silly enough to come in here and try to definitively claim "Craft Timers kill the game for new players" unless they've done the appropriate work to have this locked in as a fact. I'm interested in seeing the data.

So giving any form of criticism is being ungrateful? I have nothing against the Developers who are working hard to push out the updates and stuff but if you are going to do it basically now 3 times in a row for it to push a deadline maybe some things need to be looked at again and some changes need to be made.

I apologise but I'm too old for the victim act to work. Your "criticism" is nothing but a hollow complaint that yes, comes across as ungrateful. Not just yours so don't worry, you can all group up together. Most posts amount to "I'm not happy about this", provide absolutely no reason as to why, present no possible solution to the situation itself, and then you accuse the company of putting their employees in a controversial and unethical position.

Ask someone you work with to walk up to you once per day for two weeks, say "I'm not happy with your work", not explain why or how to fix it, and then accuse you of something that might land you with Disciplinary Action. If you come out of that thinking it was helpful or constructive or grateful, I honestly wouldn't even know where to start with you.

• Like 4

On 2024-08-11 at 12:57 AM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Keep in mind I've been playing the last few weeks

You play the game. Yet you don't know whats broken? Literally first comment here is about railjack being broken, can't you read? Literally so much stuff after update is broken. Devs are absent for the past 2 months or so. You still gonna defend it because you can't see the issues i guess? Congratulations. If you actually played the game you would see issues with it. Yet you don't. You literally like that one person that gonna defend something without having any knowledge about it. You can keep responding to me. I won't anymore. I just know you got no idea what's going on in this game.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BoruBoru said:

You play the game. Yet you don't know whats broken? Literally first comment here is about railjack being broken, can't you read? Literally so much stuff after update is broken. Devs are absent for the past 2 months or so. You still gonna defend it because you can't see the issues i guess? Congratulations. If you actually played the game you would see issues with it. Yet you don't. You literally like that one person that gonna defend something without having any knowledge about it. You can keep responding to me. I won't anymore. I just know you got no idea what's going on in this game.

So to be clear, due to the generic attempt to insult above, you can't explain what is broken in the game either. Cool.

You: Hey the cars broken

Me: How is it broken?

You: The Steering Wheel

Me: That's just a weird collection of words, not a description. What about the Steering Wheel?

You: (Silence)

Me: Anything? Anything at all?

You: Oh you must not drive if you can't answer the thing I can't answer.

Yeah, you really would do well not to reply further, I fully understand why you wouldn't.

• Like 4