Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva / Tenet Weapons just went all Magnetic?

Xzorn

I know well the value of having a base Toxic weapon. Esp pure elemental back in the day.

But here me out here. It's a similar situation to when Gas worked on minor Infested but Corrosive worked on the targets you wanted dead.

This is now the case for all factions involving Eximus Overguard. Esp for frames without damage amps. A single Magnetic proc is going to double you damage against the health type that currently scales the highest among all factions. Seems to me that despite the versatility in Toxic or niche use of other effects. Magnetic just entirely took over.

This was kinda already a thing before with secondary weapons but I've personally taken to using Corrosive + Cold which still works fine with Magnetic.
I find this situation to be esp notable on shotguns and other slow firing weapons for what they can bring against Nullifiers.

This is how the system always worked. There has always been an objectively best choice depending on the weapon/content. Currently it's looking like Magnetic is the best contender but that can easily change again with more reworks or buffs.

Though just as before the recent reworks there's still reasons to use other elements even if they're not the absolute best. Especially as it's really an argument over how many milliseconds you want to shave off your TTK or how much overkill damage you want. 

Most of my loadouts have remained the same since the changes and they function just as well.

I am sure i COULD optimize my loadouts for the uncommon enemy encounters (including eximus) , but it's really not that much of a challenge if you already have a decent enough loadout.

Having magnetic on a Kuva/tenet weapon is acceptable and doesn't get in the way of elemental modding too much so it's a good idea to have (also extra element for gundition) but isn't necessarily the only choice depending on what you want out of it.

• Like 1

It's a nice neutral, especially when you have weapons that are radiation anyways, but nothing that will make me reconsider the elements I already have (mainly toxin for viral or corrosive)

Magnetic has more utility than other element. It's a secondary element as well. So other mods won't change it. That being said, players can then add more element onto the weapon. Seeing three secondary element was unhear of until recently. It was always possible to pull off. Just never useful.

If I can add in Gas to my kuva/tenet weapon, that'll be my first choice.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Seeing three secondary element was unhear of until recently. It was always possible to pull off. Just never useful.

It wasnt unheard of and it was always useful for priming. Nukor with magnetic, modded for viral will have 3 secondary elements.

• Like 1

It depends on the weapon and what you plan to use it for. On some ranged weapons yeah probably. On melee I wouldnt want it, since I rather go all out on electric for influence in such a case. There is still good potential on several of the ranged primaries to go toxin even if you dont plan to use viral, corrosive, gas or a single element that isnt toxin, since it gives you access to utilize an arcane that isnt just base damage. And on secondaries you can always utilize free electric for the same reason. So you can go for Blast+Toxin or Blast+Electric by just using 2 mod slots.

And if you plan on just going straight up damage with no real interest in damaging statuses you can also go with cold, for something like corrosive+cold. Which also benefits you with access to other arcane options for damage.

Magnetic's main weakness for most weapons is that it's mutually exclusive with Viral damage, which is just better. +375% damage is such a defining effect that works game-wide that everything else is competing with it at specific niches instead (and in probably like 3 or 4 years it'll either get nerfed or its core effect will be spread to other status effects to even the playing field). So a Valance Bonus that offers it alongside Viral, covering just about the only holes Viral has?

Yeah that's gonna be really damn good.

Magnetic is a bit better, but Blast is more universal now. For weapons with a high fire rate, depending on the innate element, whatever gets you to Corrosive + Blast...feels better. Bonus damage from Magnetic procs every time you break shields, which means usually only once. Meanwhile Blast's damage bonus pops off every ten stacks, which is very often.

Pair Corrosive + Blast with either Cold or Viral + Heat from a companion weapon like the Verglas....sheesh, nasty.

Heaven help the trash mobs if DE ever give players combo element mods for either corrosive or blast as they did for radiation.

I just kinda aim for the head if I see an enemy with Overguard. Not really that big of an obstacle, unless you rely only on AoE weapons maybe?

I'm starting to become partial to Cold damage on kuva/tenet weapons thanks to Primary Frostbite and Shivering Contagion. But if I need to stack as many status effects as I can on a weapon I'll go for Magnetic.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb RyllusPurple:

if your character has purple shards, that can turn a cold weapon magnetic or disrupt the elements.

I don't understand. Why should it be worth it?
I have 2x5 tau violet shards for 2x mele warframes. And that's about overkill mele dmg. But why should it be worth it for something else?