The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is XAKU not considered the S+ tier frame, that sits above all others.

IAkashGargI

XAKU has 100% armor/shield strip in a big AOE. Auto Turrets that deal damage scaled on enemy level. 75% damage reduction. The best weapon damage buff. All of this for infinite duration. Only care about spamming his 4th ability. 

So, my question is what makes him not the best frame in game ever?

Probably because dodge chance for attacks and projectiles will eventually kill you every now and then, and that the damage reduction is just for spells.

Also, he has quite a immobile strip defense.

And tier lists are made by people doing click bait instead of understanding the game. Caliban is S tier you know ?

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Probably because dodge chance for attacks and projectiles will eventually kill you every now and then, and that the damage reduction is just for spells.

Use augment for 2nd for regular health regeneration. 

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

And tier lists are made by people doing click bait instead of understanding the game. Caliban is S tier you know ?

But I never new Caliban was S tier. Everyone is always dissing him. I get your point regarding tier lists.

il y a 2 minutes, IAkashGargI a dit :

Use augment for 2nd for regular health regeneration. 

But I never new Caliban was S tier. Everyone is always dissing him. I get your point regarding tier lists.

No health generation can avoid the one shot at some level, and using vitality and this augment seems wrong to me on such eluding glass canon. I'd prefer play him around shield gating.

• Like 2

Decided to rewatch Brozime's Xaku's review in his all frames review. He puts it at A+ and two others put it at S. So it is being ranked highly.

I'd say it comes down to a couple of factors that holds it back from being cream of the crop. Disclaimer: I don't play Xaku as much as others but still get him often enough in squads and have enough experience to put down some points.

1)Armor Strip and Shield strip isn't needed most of the time. It is a very static ability that takes time so that weighs its usefulness towards certain gamemodes and makes it useless in others. Granted it is a shield strip which is rare enough to begin with but the bar is pretty low, give me instant shield strip instead.

2)You are using the ult to do other stuff. Dead ability that doesn't contribute to anything that you can't subsume. Sure you can box break with it but nobody's doing that to claim the top spot.

3)Not as good in certain gamemodes like Mobile Defense or Archons. There are frames that have a better spread of viable gamemodes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

Decided to rewatch Brozime's Xaku's review in his all frames review. He puts it at A+ and two others put it at S. So it is being ranked highly.

I'd say it comes down to a couple of factors that holds it back from being cream of the crop. Disclaimer: I don't play Xaku as much as others but still get him often enough in squads and have enough experience to put down some points.

1)Armor Strip and Shield strip isn't needed most of the time. It is a very static ability that takes time so that weighs its usefulness towards certain gamemodes and makes it useless in others. Granted it is a shield strip which is rare enough to begin with but the bar is pretty low, give me instant shield strip instead.

2)You are using the ult to do other stuff. Dead ability that doesn't contribute to anything that you can't subsume. Sure you can box break with it but nobody's doing that to claim the top spot.

3)Not as good in certain gamemodes like Mobile Defense or Archons. There are frames that have a better spread of viable gamemodes.

Thanks, was looking for something like that.

Based on my understanding of builds, I think Armor Strip is must right?. Plus it is instant on any enemy that enters strip zone. 

Don't know anything about Archons as not unlocked it yet but why not Mobile Defense. Just sit there and let turrets do the job. Although spy would be bad mission type since XAKU would always trigger alarms. 

Probably because tierlists are meaningless.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Not gonna go in great lengths about this, but consider this : a fully modded, arcane & potato'd good gun can take you to level cap with ease... so is there any reason for Limbo to not be S tier if he's running Silence? If you already know you're going to oneshot everything with your guns, your frame might as well prevent enemies from doing anything.

If your favorite content creator tells you that your favorite frame is trash, it doesn't really matter.

There's a use for everything if you're willing to invest time thinking about how to use it to its highest potential. Except the Stug.

• Like 7

On 2024-09-01 at 10:47 PM, IAkashGargI said:

XAKU has 100% armor/shield strip in a big AOE. Auto Turrets that deal damage scaled on enemy level. 75% damage reduction. The best weapon damage buff. All of this for infinite duration. Only care about spamming his 4th ability. So, my question is what makes him not the best frame in game ever?

Xaku is strong, but damage isn't everything. It's often curbed by line of sight and takes a backseat in those mission where we're just watching a clock tick down (survival, mobile defense, interception, etc). Armor stripping isn't required unless you're in a mission longer than two hours. Personally, for the sake of efficiency, comfort, and mission-completion-time...I'd rate frames like Volt, Titania, Spova, Saryn, Gauss, Slamkong, Wisp...higher than Xaku.

Xaku is strong and all but the fashionframe is just awful. No matter what you put on Xaku you pressed 4 and puff they were gone. That instantly made Xaku C-tier for me.

Dunno if DE changed it yet. Haven't played Xaku in a long time.

On 2024-09-01 at 10:53 PM, dwqrf said:

The world is ending, he said something I agree with.

Xaku does not have the best buff, as that goes to Roar and Nourish, but i do think his has some unique situations of like... quad dipping, or something? I understand his turret stuff to be insane, though, right? And surely you can Helminth a great shield gate ability onto him, like Molt, if nothing else.

On 2024-09-02 at 5:47 AM, IAkashGargI said:

XAKU has 100% armor/shield strip in a big AOE. Auto Turrets that deal damage scaled on enemy level. 75% damage reduction. The best weapon damage buff. All of this for infinite duration. Only care about spamming his 4th ability. 

The main thing is that the frame isnt exactly one that does many mission types well. It is nearly useless in Disruption, cant use the kit versus Archons, and the turrets wont target certain other mobs either. The strip is static and stripping overall is very overrated unless you plan to push far and feel a need for it to counter the increasing health pools. The on thing Xaku has going is the nice passive nature of the turrets for things like Survival, where you can practically go with only ability based killing for hours. But there are many frames that trivialize that content while also able to deal with most other things effectively aswell.

So too many limitations to be a potential for best. I mean we dont have many frames that would be universally great, but there are those that come very close, like Dante, that can do everything rather well while not being restricted based on if the enemy is trash or a boss to any greater extent. The frame also comes with massive damage buffs aswell as defense of the extreme kind.

Mostly because this is Warframe, where a lot of abilities, Warframes, and potential synergies are bonkers coco puff crazy, and what can sound really overpowered and high tier, is just another relatively common ability, so then you have to consider other things, like ease of convenience, ease of set up and use, the scaling available, action and effort required or expended, and so on. Like some Warframes, you hold one button and move the camera around, and everything does... but then another Warframe, will kill everything if you just press one button, you don't even have to hold it... Some Warframes will kill everything, but you have to press 3 buttons, and aim for one of them, plus maybe move around a bit. 

Like others say though tier lists are often, well. Its important to understand the criteria one uses, and different people often have different criteria. With their own often subjective reasoning for such criteria. I personally consider Xaku top tier, for what I personally value, but I also consider Lavos pretty top tier too, ditto Vauban, Mag. Picks i know wouldn't be super popular. 

Xaku is not a bad frame by any means, its just it doesnt have his niche. There is no content in the game saying "Xaku would be great here". Its similar to frames like Ash or Excal. There are just better options for any given mission type.

• Like 1

Mainly because most people making tierlists are the 1% doing multihour survival endurance runs, not regular gameplay that the rest of the playerbase partake in. The problem with grading for regular player is that every frame, built right, is 'fine' like you're going to have your S tiers like Rev, Wisp etc. who are basically unkillable (Wisp is just a case of double tap her 2 for 3 second invulnerability and then jump to make her invisible and aim glide down, then repeat) but beyond that, almost every other frame would go into A tier as they're all "good enough" bar maybe moving frames in dire need of reworks down to B tier.

Which doesn't make an exciting to watch list.

Which is why Knightmareframe should largely be ignored for any tier list he makes (and that's not even considering he's a transphobic PoS edgelord, seriously go watch ANY of his Xaku videos for proof...oh wait actually don't), in fact you should probably just ignore Knightmareframe in general, him and Grindhard Squad (though GHS is for different reasons).

Edited by Dr_Mechano
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dr_Mechano said:

Which is why YTubers should largely be ignored for any tier list they make.

FTFY

But agreed, every tier list is subjective.

For example, I see most of them placing Vasto incarnon fairly low on each of their respective lists. Kind of criminal considering it can one-tap acolytes (with full squad hp and not armor stripped) and most demolysts. Sure the Vasto has less universal usability than the dominant Laetum. But that doesn't make it a lesser weapon.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

FTFY

But agreed, every tier list is subjective.

For example, I see most of them placing Vasto incarnon fairly low on each of their respective lists. Kind of criminal considering it can one-tap acolytes (with full squad hp and not armor stripped) and most demolysts. Sure the Vasto has less universal usability than the dominant Laetum. But that doesn't make it a lesser weapon.

Because you guys only check the placement and dont want to hear why its there. Vasto is so low on the lists because of ammo. Nobody says its bad, just that its annoying to use. 1 burst and you are out. Tier lists are not the problem, its the people watching them. Yes, they are subjective but every single youtuber says why they placed weapon/frames in certain tier. You may not agree with their reasons but they give them.

On 2024-09-01 at 11:47 PM, IAkashGargI said:

Protea has armor strip, scaling turrets, infinite energy, infinite ammo (for weapons like Kuva Zarr), a self revive, infinite shield regen, and boosted shield gate.

So Xaku is good, but he still is equally matched by frames like Protea... Xaku can try and use void status to avoid taking damage and all that, but Protea can literally self revive and shield gate better...

Also you can also argue frames like Nezha (infinite orbs, infinitely scaling aoe damage. and some tankiness on top) or Revenant (infinite tanking) are better than Xaku as well due to how weapons scale super high in this game.

Edited by Lord_Chibi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kuciol said:

Because you guys only check the placement and dont want to hear why its there. Vasto is so low on the lists because of ammo. Nobody says its bad, just that its annoying to use. 1 burst and you are out. Tier lists are not the problem, its the people watching them. Yes, they are subjective but every single youtuber says why they placed weapon/frames in certain tier. You may not agree with their reasons but they give them.

One burst?

Somebody here hasn't used the weapon.

Funny Face Lol GIF

• Like 1

XAKU has 100% armor/shield strip in a big AOE.

So does Oberon in addition to the damage vulnerability that comes with the stacks of radiation damage he can pump out.

Auto Turrets that deal damage scaled on enemy level.

Might be the major big thing going for Xaku.  Can't remember if any other frame has something like this, although that ability is only as good as however many enemies are in front of them.

75% damage reduction.

Nezha, Citrine, Yareli and even Baruuk all sport 90% damage reduction, while frames like Revenant have full damage immunity.  That's also not even factoring frames like Frost, Dante or Styanax that can build up higher overguard values (especially Styanax having no upper limit to his).

The best weapon damage buff.

Nourish would like a word, especially since void status is kinda meh.

All of this for infinite duration.

For a lot of frames--including Xaku--anything is infinite duration if you have enough energy, which isn't all that hard these days.

So, my question is what makes them not the best frame in game ever?

Fix't.  I'd say the general gimmicky factor of their kit along with the clunkiness of their third ability.

Also, as others have pointed out, tier lists are stupid (especially if you're looking at overframe).

On 2024-09-01 at 8:47 PM, IAkashGargI said:

God Tier is about more than just raw power. It also has to be really really easy to use, a badly skewed effort:reward ratio

Xaku has to refresh his armor strip beacons periodically, position himself properly to maximize his turret numbers, mind his health and energy to maintain his various timers, and take care to press the attack or pull back to lure the enemy as needed

Saryn presses 1 then presses 4. Saryn wins