The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A problem with teams that needs to be addressed

7sevenVII

Plain and simple, I'm in Zariman trying to do Exterminate, farming for plumes. What I don't understand is the players who feel the needs blaze through just for a pinion, but then feel the need to nuke the rest of the squad from continuing just because they want to leave. I mean, really. If you have a Warframe that can solo a Void Angel, why not just play solo and leave multiplayer to the rest of us?

Leaving should be refactored into an individual decision, not one person dictating to the rest. But you know, some players are just selfish like that. I at least ask other teammates if they're farming or not, because I don't want to be that guy complaining about what happens to me, then turn around and do the same to others. 

Make a premade. If you play public you have no rights to complain how people decide to play. If you join public squad you need to understand that other players can have different goals. Just find players with the same goals as you. Thats the only fair solution.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, 7sevenVII said:

If you have a Warframe that can solo a Void Angel, why not just play solo and leave multiplayer to the rest of us?

More enemies = more loot

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Anytime the objective is completed, we should be able to "quick extract" from the pause menu.

In Zariman we can press "extract" in the elevator. But "extract from menu" would be amazing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Anytime the objective is completed, we should be able to "quick extract" from the pause menu.

From the extraction point, not the pause menu. Actually surviving to extraction -- while trivially easy for forumites -- is still considered part of the gameplay challenge

Otherwise yes. The 60 second countdown method didn't hold up in practice, it needed changing long ago

• Like 1

IMO is a "lack there of" that needs to be addressed. Warframe's newer content has been getting less and less team friendly. Not necessarily harmful to teamwork but nothing really encouraging it aside form "being carried" or "being taxi'd" by public.

Railjack, (before corpus proxima completely ruined it) was designed to be team heavy, you needed cooperation, you needing to communicate and delegate roles. It was genuinely fun (when it wasn't bugging out). Now? its better to just get npc crew and go solo. We need more of what railjack USED to have.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

IMO is a "lack there of" that needs to be addressed. Warframe's newer content has been getting less and less team friendly. Not necessarily harmful to teamwork but nothing really encouraging it aside form "being carried" or "being taxi'd" by public.

Railjack, (before corpus proxima completely ruined it) was designed to be team heavy, you needed cooperation, you needing to communicate and delegate roles. It was genuinely fun (when it wasn't bugging out). Now? its better to just get npc crew and go solo. We need more of what railjack USED to have.

It's not really the content or missions themselves, but moreso tools that have been added to circumvent playing with others. Overguard, Helminth, Shield Gating, Self Revive, newer Arcanes, state of AoE, Incarnon weapons, On Call Crew, and so many other smaller features add up to a formula where you can ignore the squad entirely.

With that said, I still agree with you.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

So you're trying to find all the void plumes and upset people want to extract?

It's usually faster to farm pinions in squad even if you can solo it.  Some people enjoy groups more, yet will still optimize to do it all.

Finding plumes isn't really part of the mission.  It's like looking for rare crates, which you shouldn't expect the squad to want to do.

Exterms are just for rep and pinion farming.  In sanctum, I try and farm voca here, but I've started to prefer solo just to avoid groups that ignore voca.  It's similar, but voca farming is convenient and voidplumes isn't. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Quest said:

solo = less enemies = less drops

What drops? Is there anything particularly rare or needed from those mobs? You sure as hell do not need this many mats. Plus if you want drops there are always different modes, Steel path, Omni Fissures, Endless missions. Bounty is a bounty*. You go in, you do the objective, you go out. 

You cant blame a cookiestore owner for refusing to make your a hamburger.

*) part of the issue is are prizes for endless bounties, which do not scale the longer you stay.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

What drops? Is there anything particularly rare or needed from those mobs? You sure as hell do not need this many mats. Plus if you want drops there are always different modes, Steel path, Omni Fissures, Endless missions. Bounty is a bounty*. You go in, you do the objective, you go out. 

You cant blame a cookiestore owner for refusing to make your a hamburger.

*) part of the issue is are prizes for endless bounties, which do not scale the longer you stay.

Well that depends on the bounty what drops there are. Reasorces are just cherry on top. You play the content you might as well get them. Affinity is also not something irrelevant, more mobs > better. 

50 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

Well that depends on the bounty what drops there are

Name one example that may be less efficient to extraxct as soon as you completed all the objectives.

Reasorces are just cherry on top

The way Zariman grind goes, you get plenty of resources while farming for complete BP sets of all the Zariman items. Actually you could probably build two sets by the time you get all the BPs of Gyre (x2 for H), Alterox, Hespar & Aeolak, and still thosee are mostly Thrax Prisms and Voidplumes (which are found or/and given for Bounty completion) anyway.

Affinity is also not something irrelevant, more mobs > better. 

If you are doing Zarimaan and afffinity is not irrelevant to you, you may be going too fast.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

Name one example that may be less efficient to extraxct as soon as you completed all the objectives.

Ive never said its eficient, just that if you do it you can get something extra. Efficiency is not everything.

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

The way Zariman grind goes, you get plenty of resources while farming for complete BP sets of all the Zariman items. Actually you could probably build two sets by the time you get all the BPs of Gyre (x2 for H), Alterox, Hespar & Aeolak, and still thosee are mostly Thrax Prisms and Voidplumes anyway.

You need lower tier void plumes to rank up. Again its something to get as an extra, a side activity.

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

If you are doing Zarimaan and afffinity is not irrelevant to you, you may be going too fast.

I usually have 1 or 2 things leveling when doing bounties. You also forget about 1 very important aspect of the game. Its just more fun to have more enemies to kill.

13 minutes ago, MrInubis said:
18 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Ive never said its eficient, just that if you do it you can get something extra. Efficiency is not everything.

It is not extra, it costs you time (for unspeciffied aount or type of Voidplumes) and the alternate cost of starting another Bounty that gives you sure prizes for completion.

Time efficiency if everything. At least for those of us who do not have whole days to play.

You need lower tier void plumes to rank up. Again its something to get as an extra, a side activity.

It is not extra or free as you picture it.

Edited by Zakkhar

You also forget about 1 very important aspect of the game. Its just more fun to have more enemies to kill.

Definition of fun changes depending on the person and their current state. What may be fun for you now, maay not be fun for someone else tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It is not extra, it costs you time (for unspeciffied aount or type of Voidplumes) and the alternate cost of starting another Bounty that gives you sure prizes for completion.

Time efficiency if everything. At least for those of us who do not have whole days to play.

I rarely have more than 2 hours to play and i still do it sometimes. Everything you get besides the main objecive is an "extra". If you are already there might as well get more sh.it done.

9 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Definition of fun changes depending on the person and their current state. What may be fun for you now, maay not be fun for someone else tomorrow.

Doesnt matter one bit.

12 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It is not extra or free as you picture it.

But it is. Why go out of your way to get something you need when you can get it while doing other things? 

Just give the same treatment to non-endless missions that endless missions have: any people can extract after objective is complete without pulling everyone with them.

Edited by Chollynn
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

But it is. Why go out of your way to get something you need when you can get it while doing other things? 

But it is the exact opposite.

You get Plumes while doing bounties. Staying after bounties are complete, instead of starting another and another IS going out of your way.

You can find some Plumes in the next bounty while doing it. Bounties give you way better range of prizes than just Plumes.

52 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

Doesnt matter one bit.

It does. If you go public you cannot force everyone to have the exact same definition of fun as you do.

6 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

It does. If you go public you cannot force everyone to have the exact same definition of fun as you do.

That goes both ways. Others cant force me.

7 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

But it is the exact opposite.

You get Plumes while doing bounties. Staying after bounties are complete, instead of starting another and another IS going out of your way.

You can find some Plumes in the next bounty while doing it. Bounties give you way better range of prizes than just Plumes.

What if i dont want to start another just for that? What if i already got my standing for today and the bounty is the side activity at this point? What if i ran out of some specific reasorce? There are many things to consider.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrInubis said:

What if i dont want to start another just for that? What if i already got my standing for today and the bounty is the side activity at this point? What if i ran out of some specific reasorce?

Play solo or in premade if you want to play with your own personal objectives

That goes both ways. Others cant force me.

They cant force their definition of fun on you, but they can force their definition off mission completion on you. Because the system lets them. Do not like it, do not play public.

Edited by Zakkhar

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Thats what i said in my first replay in this topic....

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

They cant force their definition of fun on you, but they can force their definition off mission completion on you. Because the system lets them. Do not like it, do not play public.

But they still cannot force me to run to extraction.

Edited by MrInubis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Thats what i said in my first replay in this topic....

And somehow made a full 180 along the way.