The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime End Game

BritishBadgerX

28 minutes ago, BritishBadgerX said:

Yes, I once again come to this lovely forum to get a good build for the frame I just got. Overframe and YouTubers just lost their touch. 

Please recommend me some builds, I think Ember is pretty cool, but she won't be my main. Willing to throw in 5 forma. 

Thank you <3

How serious are you about being strong?

You can do basically anything and it'll be fine. Warframe is not hard, and there's no need to actually make a Frame well. (Case in point up above; her 1 is what you Subsume over, and its augment is not good because Heat is no longer a good typing.)

Also, what type of weapon(s) are you interested in playing with her?

We'll need some guidance of what you like. Otherwise... maybe I'll make a video on my own personal build for her.

I think I'll do that, that sounds fun. I play her Slam for the flavor, but the core of the build would remain the same for any weapon type.

I dunno when I'll get to making this video, so I'll tell you the most important part of making Ember:

- You don't need Strength on her above default 100%. (You might want Strength if you Helminth something that wants it, but her own kit doesn't care about it.)

- You do want to augment her 3 for Overguard. You play her for shield gating. The Overguard makes it feel REALLY comfortable.

And that's really it. That's the core principle. Keeping those in mind, you can do anything you want afterwards. She full strips, so any weapon is good to go. Her base ability kit has the essentials, so you can Helminth anything you want. Maybe damage, maybe mobility, maybe energy... absolutely whatever you want.

I'll make the video eventually though. But be ready to hear a lot of fluff in this thread. Warframe is a game where you can get by just fine with absolute garbage, so you'll get a lot of that, with the sales pitch of: "It's worked really well for me!"

Edited by 4thBro

Endgame? Usually Rolling Guard + Brief Respite works well for most frames. Healing Flame for overguard. Range doesn't matter on Ember. A little extra power strength for her damage reduction, no need to blow it out though.

But take that with a grain of salt. I'm a filthy casual who likes to run 4D.

Adaptation, Rolling Guard, Health Conversion, and Quick Thinking.

chris farley snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

25 minutes ago, 4thBro said:

How serious are you about being strong?

You can do basically anything and it'll be fine. Warframe is not hard, and there's no need to actually make a Frame well. (Case in point up above; her 1 is what you Subsume over, and its augment is not good because Heat is no longer a good typing.)

Also, what type of weapon(s) are you interested in playing with her?

We'll need some guidance of what you like. Otherwise... maybe I'll make a video on my own personal build for her.

I think I'll do that, that sounds fun. I play her Slam for the flavor, but the core of the build would remain the same for any weapon type.

I dunno when I'll get to making this video, so I'll tell you the most important part of making Ember:

- You don't need Strength on her above default 100%. (You might want Strength if you Helminth something that wants it, but her own kit doesn't care about it.)

- You do want to augment her 3 for Overguard. You play her for shield gating. The Overguard makes it feel REALLY comfortable.

And that's really it. That's the core principle. Keeping those in mind, you can do anything you want afterwards. She full strips, so any weapon is good to go. Her base ability kit has the essentials, so you can Helminth anything you want. Maybe damage, maybe mobility, maybe energy... absolutely whatever you want.

I'll make the video eventually though. But be ready to hear a lot of fluff in this thread. Warframe is a game where you can get by just fine with absolute garbage, so you'll get a lot of that, with the sales pitch of: "It's worked really well for me!"

Oh wow, thank you for your input. I am interested in what she can do. I am currently busy farming Phantasma Prime. It might be wrong of me to say this but when I build and mod frames, I try and mod them in such a way that they can either buff the weapon or where they can manage on their own. 

32 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Spam Fire Blast with the Healing Flame augment, buff your weapons with the Fireball Frenzy augment, easy level cap. Ignore all the other garbage abilities.

Thank you for your comment, I will give this a try. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Endgame? Usually Rolling Guard + Brief Respite works well for most frames. Healing Flame for overguard. Range doesn't matter on Ember. A little extra power strength for her damage reduction, no need to blow it out though.

But take that with a grain of salt. I'm a filthy casual who likes to run 4D.

Adaptation, Rolling Guard, Health Conversion, and Quick Thinking.

chris farley snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Thank you for your comment, I shall take it with a grain of salt like you suggested. 

Didn't think so.

Guess I'll have the discussion with myself:

Heat is not a good element anymore. It used to be good for its typing advantages, and lack of disadvantages. It also has Primed Heated Charge for secondaries, which are already widely considered the best weapon slot. And even more so, Heat's armor removal was more relevant back then, before enemy armor got nerfed. (I never thought it was good for armor removal even back then, but if you're gonna pitch it for that quality, then just know it's not necessary anymore anyway.)

Now:

Heat does bonus damage to the weakest faction in the game, Infested. (And might I add, rarest enemy, as they are different from Deimos Infested.)

Heat does reduced damage to Kuva Grineer, possibly the most armored units in the game, and typically the strongest version of Grineer.

As for the Heat status? Well, the best thing about it is that it provides CC. But so do other elements, namely Electric which is a much better typing than Heat.

The Heat status effect technically can stack its damage ticks infinitely. But this is, in practice, utterly useless. It takes too long to stack high. You effectively have to make a point to try NOT to kill your targets FROM attacking them enough to stack high Heat, that you just kill quicker by not caring about it. There is no Heat stacking build that can kill anything faster than a plethora of other killing methods for the same Frame.

IN FACT, Ember is probably THE STRONGEST FRAME for Heat stacking builds, but since she FULL ARMOR STRIPS, it's probably THE slowest build you can possibly run on her.

I promise you, you can't Heat stack anything to death faster than I can remove their armor and one-shot them.

Heat stack, aka Heat Inherit builds, are utterly useless. There is never a reason to run it, and certainly no benefit to it.

• Like 1

Here's the build I run with:

Spoiler

5cZV9Y3.png

I've not messed with the build in a few patches so Arcane Blessing is likely unnecessary now with the changes to Healing Flame especially with Rolling Guard thrown in. Also Fire Walker is thrown in over Fireball just because I never use Fireball and only use Helminth options that match the frame's theme, plus going fast is fun.

Playing it is rather straightforward, keeping Immolate up with Inferno spam takes no real active thought with the energy from Exothermic and her recent buffs. While the drain is managed just from the times you'll be using Healing Flame for HP/OG. Though the lack of heavy strength investment makes this much more of a tanky 'weapons platform' setup than a nuke one.

2 hours ago, 4thBro said:

Didn't think so.

Heat is not a good element anymore. It used to be good for its typing advantages, and lack of disadvantages. It also has Primed Heated Charge for secondaries, which are already widely considered the best weapon slot. And even more so, Heat's armor removal was more relevant back then, before enemy armor got nerfed. (I never thought it was good for armor removal even back then, but if you're gonna pitch it for that quality, then just know it's not necessary anymore anyway.)

Now:

Heat does bonus damage to the weakest faction in the game, Infested. (And might I add, rarest enemy, as they are different from Deimos Infested.)

Heat does reduced damage to Kuva Grineer, possibly the most armored units in the game, and typically the strongest version of Grineer.

As for the Heat status? Well, the best thing about it is that it provides CC. But so do other elements, namely Electric which is a much better typing than Heat.

The Heat status effect technically can stack its damage ticks infinitely. But this is, in practice, utterly useless. It takes too long to stack high. You effectively have to make a point to try NOT to kill your targets FROM attacking them enough to stack high Heat, that you just kill quicker by not caring about it. There is no Heat stacking build that can kill anything faster than a plethora of other killing methods for the same Frame.

IN FACT, Ember is probably THE STRONGEST FRAME for Heat stacking builds, but since she FULL ARMOR STRIPS, it's probably THE slowest build you can possibly run on her.

I promise you, you can't Heat stack anything to death faster than I can remove their armor and one-shot them.

Heat stack, aka Heat Inherit builds, are utterly useless. There is never a reason to run it, and certainly no benefit to it.

Bait used to be believable. But in the off chance that this isn't bait then this is just a funny post. 

Resistances and weaknesses? Literally never mattered.

Resisted by Kuva Grineer? Again means nothing, especially for a faction only found regularly in a grand total of 1.5 locations. Vanilla Infested are literally more common than this.

Best thing about the status is the CC? Like, are you posting this from ten years in the past? CC is so dead and gone nobody can find it's dust.

Heat stacking is bad? Well duh, nobody is going out to min max Heat stacks except for the meme.

Armor stripping isn't as strong now? Well this here is perhaps the only point worth addressing. Yes stripping is less of a necessity, however, Heat wasn't ever used as a primary armor stripping option anyways. It was used as a one mod investment for getting some extra upfront armor removal which is a considerable damage increase both back then and now. And if anything it's 50% instant strip is arguably more relevant now and can work as a standalone option.

In reality the reason Heat was, and still is, good is because everything about it is above average for a single status type.  It was always the "worth throwing in if you have the space" status especially for the low investment cost for including it.

However in the context of this thread it doesn't even matter for Ember. Since she was never a dedicated nuke frame beyond T1/Lith Fissures anyways her abilities could do zero damage and she'd still be good. But she does get to reduce the investment of including Heat to effectively nothing.

Edited by trst
  • Like 4

Healing Flame augment is very powerful in providing near instant access to the overguard damage gate and with rising heat level costs basically no energy. Basically there are two ways you can play ember and your mileage will vary depending on what level of content you engage in. Healing flame is good for both.

You can go all in on being a weapons platform with fireball frenzy and roar. Healing flame will keep you alive pretty much indefinitely as long as you are able to spam it. Invest in cast speed.

You go all in on inferno with high cast speed, high efficiency, high cast speed, archon vitality and subsume either roar or sickening pulse over her 1. Strength is not super important here since her passive will give you lots of it. You will be constantly casting sickening pulse, inferno and fireblast. Heat gauge will essentially be maxed all the time because inferno boosts your heat gen more than the fireblast slows it. This build feels like a proper fire mage and i like it alot but the damage is unfortunately less impressive than i'd like it to be.

• Like 1

vor 21 Stunden schrieb 4thBro:

Didn't think so.

Now:

What about Heat inherit? Did they nerf it?

Dear OP, I don't know your "endgame", just remember: the key of Ember is not the absolute value of heat gauge, but the rate of increase of heat gauge.

And Ember can definitely spam 4 and occasionally 3 to nuke SP, although you may find other nuke frames more suitable for the job. Being a weapon platform is a more entertaining and engaging style for Ember, at least for me.

1 hour ago, BritishBadgerX said:

What do you mean? 

Probably meaning that, regardless of your perspective, there is no endgame in WF. Level cap runs are just...more of the same rewards. EDAs are manufactured difficulty through gear handicaps and debuffs. There's no separation between skilled players and filthy casuals like myself.

We all wade in the same pool.

Water Park Thumbs Up GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

23 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I dunno, this looks pretty good to me:

2 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

What about Heat inherit? Did they nerf it?

2 hours ago, RichardKam said:

No. He just doesn't know.

After health and armor adjustment, viral heat +/- corrosive more or less replaced the meta position of viral slash.