The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - New Player Experience and Quality of Life

[DE]Taylor

Warframe ISSUE with retaining new players , still usually I hear a lot it too easy, no guide on getting new frames and weapons , mission become redundant and bland , boss are to easy , and get better after 80-1000 hours

1. Give a missions requirement guide (could be made into story quest) for farming 1 of the frame and weapons, (but lower the time for crafting to convince new players just for this mission quest) and reward 1 free Warframe slot and 1 weapons slot for completing the quest. 

2. Making mission less repetitive, for example eximus exterminate mission , defense horde mode that relies more on surving or defending object, make spy mission the whole entire Mission a type of extraction/rescue, once spy item is stolen have it alert horde of enemies, survival horde survival mission can be like eximus only. Moblie defensive where you have to protect mobile target 

Maybe have the map affect the battles maybe routes it could be faster but increase of dying and slower which is more secure, different types of enemies spawns.

Using demois Infested : for plague Star and certain infested mission as specialized groups

Mission tiles with spawn location, for example in open areas increase incoming damage from surrounding and increase enemies spawns, in closed off room increase chance of spawning bombarts and gas type enemies etc

3. Difficulty increase exponentially 

4. New way to earn forma beside relics

5. Make sorties - steel path for increase drop chance of rare loot and 3 triple the amount of normal loot. Nightmare steel path for increase drop chance of rare mods can be increased by 5% , making each end mission a assassinate . (Mostly for higher mastery rank players)

6. Raijack junction with new frame boss like sevagoth, Caliban, protea, etc reward built forma. Reworking corpus railjack mission types , can be the same mission but make it more than engaging. Like grineer railjack.

7. Boss rework (includes assassinate missions) : can just add bit damage attenuation (making melee and guns to counter act damage attenuation, if guns don't work switch to melee vise versa) and for boss that have companion inmortal until boss is killed which then leave off with damage attenuation.  

Need rework: Juggernaut, Tolstoj - Captain Vor, Alad V, Captain Exta Vor & Lieutenant Lech Kril (needs to compliment one another and increase difficulty), , Mutalist Alad V Assassinate, Phorid, Hyena Pack

Orowyrms needs hp pool after last ring is defeated on the last phase once the last 3 rings are destroyed.

38 minutes ago, Reactions_with_will said:

Please let us favorite relics, i would really like to be able to go over my inventory, figure out what I need, and favorite all the relics that i want to open.

I had suggested this a while back, along with adding favorites to your cosmetic items, but the post has vanished, probably because of cross save. Once i created a pc access it overrides your forum history.

Ok i found the original post, hope to get some likes on it, so maybe they would go ahead and include relics into the favorites option.

3 hours ago, _Rai-Zen_ said:

Can you reconsider bringing back old heavy attack? (always heavy slam is annoying when using incarnon melees + its abused by wukong players [aka once again wukong will be as top played.] If ya change it soon there will be less rewiew bombing so please bring old heavy attack back)

Review bombing will be as big as before because Wukong is a very popular figure in Chinese culture, thus any nerf to him will be cause for review bombing and also that people will always try and find a way to make him work.

52 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yeah, I think you misinterpreted that.  Reb seems to me like she was just mentioning offhand other weak weapons that people would clamor for, not literally leaking two new ones that were supposedly in the pipeline.

But she mentioned the stug specifically, i think perhaps it was intended, but because it already has a alt fire mode, it needed to reworked first.

5 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

If a piece of equipment in a player’s loadout has 10+ unused Mod capacity and an unused Mod slot, a warning symbol will appear next to it in the Loadout section of the Navigation screen. This only applies to weapons with 10-30 unused Mod Capacity (or 10-40 for Lich/Sister weapons), and will not appear if you are Mastery Rank 30 or higher.  

Why disable it for MR30+? It is a nice QoL feature for any MR. And I personally would get a decent amount of use out of it.

17 minutes ago, Reactions_with_will said:

But she mentioned the stug specifically, i think perhaps it was intended, but because it already has a alt fire mode, it needed to reworked first.

Not just Stug, but also Seer.  No altfire on the latter.

• Like 1

Still. No guidance past the initial quest, no 'carrot on the stick', no progression, no meaningful upgrades - thats why many players feel lost and drop the game.

Take a look at any game with progression/level ups - you always have something to do and things are stringed together in some way and you constantly get some upgrades/lvlups to keep you going and growing - thats how they hook players and keep them engaged and not being lost with 'what the hell am I supposed to be doing now' every new WF player asks.

Most WF rewards/loot is downright bad and it affects players not having fun and leaving - its just some trash that doesn't help to upgrade, grow or progress and its extremely font-loaded with 90% of the basic 'mainstay' mods being given right at the start via Vors quest - yet  they are still in all the mission droptables being meaningless non-rewards clutter. And of course new players dont even get any endo to upgade them. Its such a mess that badly needs an overhaul to incentivize players and give them a sense of progress

(its much better for later game when you have syndicates and all that to level up which keeps you playing every day - so you can look at WF itself what it does well and what it really lacks at the early-game)

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Curating our loading screen tips to player progression. 

• Ex: Players during Vor’s Prize will only see tips focused on beginner controls and mechanics. 

Reaching LR1 should enable meme tips. We veterans crave the memes.

Another QoL I would suggest is allowing me to right-click to instantly equip a mod in my Upgrade screen, rather than having to click-and-drag my mod up there.
Slapping it into the first matching polarity slot automatically would also be nice.

Please and thank you.

I was just thinking about how inconvenient it was to not be able to read the names and descriptions of mods I don't own in the Codex. 

All very nice changes but one big pain point for me as a late-game player and one that anyone who has access to lvl 40 weapons is the 5 forma requirement. I feel that this cost is too steep considering that a lot of these weapons do not need 5 forma to utilize a full build. There are too many Kuva and Tenet weapons now and the grind and cost of this has gotten too great. Assuming there are 30 Lich weapons, that's 150 Forma alone. 

Paraceisis and maybe some other very special weapons should have been the only ones and even then the cost to reach level 40 should only be 1-2 Forma. 1 forma for 10 rank or 2 forma for 5 rank each. This will relieve the massive and painful grind that lich weapons are in cost and time. 

I understand that these are late-game weapons but the 5 forma requirement is overkill and serves to artificially and shamelessly increase grind. I don't want to waste my forma on a weapon I don't care about. I don't want to be stuck using a kuva weapon for longer than I want to because of the lengthy time requirement to level it. I've gotten to the point of dreading more additions to the lich weapon pool because of this.

I like you DE, but this one mechanic in the game has always rubbed me wrong ever since it was introduced.

• Like 1

DE has been cooking as always.

I am a sucker for new player experience updates. I love it when the game is made more accessible and streamlined.

Btw the idea of narrative introductions for planet bosses is great idea. I am looking forward to a future update when we get that.

All the changes are amazing. Keep up the good work.

7 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

5 - Purchasing Arcanes from a Vendor now displays how many Arcanes you own per rank.

92ce2847af494f45c2704458fcab0177.png

Each filled diamond icon represents one rank! Also added the rank UI element to Arcanes in the Vendor wares to more clearly indicate that they are unranked. 

can the "OWNED" filter sort the ranked up version of the mod next to the unranked version so if im looking for arcanes to level i wont fuse some together that i should be putting into one that ive already started fusing. How about a sub-section for arcanes that are ready to fuse/rank-up 

Thank you, DE, for all these QOL changes!!  A lot of those changes have been a long time coming.  As a long-time player (since 2017!) I have a few more ideas.  

I'd love it if there was a special type of forma that would fit any polarity.  This would be very useful across configs because it would allow for a wider variety of builds.  Maybe the Umbra formas can fit any polarity?  I'll also take a new type of forma, even if it's more expensive.  Just give me more flexibility across configs, please.  

All augments should be Exilus mods.  Or maybe give us a special augment slot, DE.  Please!  

The ability to underclock a mod would be great, especially for mods like Fleeting Expertise or those you can only get once.  

The weapon loadouts should include the Archwing, heavy weapon, Necramech, and K-Drive.  You'd think they'd be part of the same loadout, but they're not.  They're in a separate vehicle loadout and it always defaults to the last one you've selected, meaning there's no way to assign a particular Archwing or Necramech to a weapon loadout.  Please combine weapon and vehicle loadouts!  Or at least let us assign a vehicle loadout to a weapon loadout.  

This one is more of a pipe dream, but I've always wanted Frost to be able to charge his 1, like he did in that E3 2013 trailer (seen below).  Mag got a new ability because of the cinematic experience.  Can I finally get Frost charging his 1, please?