The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & The Five Fates - Companion Reworks

[DE]Momaw

These are honestly the best changes you could have made. 

Especially smeeta´s charm. I´d argue that you could increase it´s chance since now you can´t controll the timing of the mulitplier but already nice to still have it accessible. 

Will the Posture mod´s also affect Sentinels? Would be cool if so.

• Like 2

3 часа назад, L3512 сказал:

Trying reading, or if that doesn't work there is a short video.

the op's word choice wasn't the best but their opinion is fully valid while you didn't provide anything useful in your comment -outside of being bitter.

equip smeeta or miss out changed to equip a beast or miss out, since robotics didn't get an alternative.
if you'll gonna compare the new loot beast mod to the spare parts- then i guess it's gonna be the end of a discussion , since they are not in the same weight class.

absolutely the same issue as vacuum once was and how long it took to get fetch and now we're at the square one again .

• Like 6

Question about the Charm/Loyal Retriever change.

So with Charm having its Resource Buff removed and moved to Loyal Retriever my question is will Loyal Retriever proc for Mining/Fishing? Personally i've never used Smeeta in the way that Pablo describes (waiting for the buff and picking up the desired resource), but rather i just played the missions normally and let the dice roll how it rolls. However i'l admit, Smeeta was also a Mining/Fishing companion due to the Resource Buff applying to mined minerals and caught fish aswell. The wording on Loyal Retriever makes it look like it only applies to pickups, and i'm not sure if mining/fishing really fall under that umbrella so i'm a bit worried about losing that bit functionality as a good part of the older 2 Open World resource grind was through mining and fishing.

Edited by Oremir
rewording
  • Like 6

vor 18 Stunden schrieb [DE]Momaw:
  • Charm (SMEETA Kavat): The resource and credit pickup multiplier has been removed from Charm and promoted to being its own separate precept Mod (Loyal Retriever,) equippable on all Beasts. Charm's chance to provide a buff on activation has been increased to 40%. The available buffs are:
    • 25% chance of Reinforced Shield
    • 25% chance of Instant Reload (re-rolled if your current weapon doesn't need to reload)
    • 10% chance of Bonus Critical Chance buff
    • 10% chance of Free Ability Casts
    • 10% chance of Bonus Affinity. (Affinity bonus has been increased to 3x)
  • Loyal Retriever (Beast companions): Provides a passive 13% chance that each resource or credit pickup will be doubled. This effect is always active: there is no cooldown, no duration, no waiting for it to be ready.
    • If you already own a Smeeta then you will receive Loyal Retriever for free automatically. In the future, this will be purchased with Conservation tags from the Earth Conservation vendor.
    • We chose 13% as being the statistical average of what amount of time Charm's resource bonus would be active.

The rare resource drop is just bloody dead, then? That's honestly a shame. Might want to consider reducing the requirements for Orokin cells and Entrati Lantorns then, because the amount of those things you need for certain weapons and syndicate offerings is outright criminal, considering how rare they are.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The Strain mod set changes are a little underwhelming, to be honest they're more like bug fixes than buffs. Sheldon had stated they had a some buffs coming for the set back in 2019 on the dev stream with his napkin notes, been patiently waiting for these mods to actually be viable... 

The changes to trample look great but proboscis wasn't touched, it still remains a useless mod. It would have been nice if it pulled in more than one enemy or something, anything to make it useful. 

but the rest looks pretty good. 

I agree, building and using helminth charger seems underwhelming with the current precepts, though I am yet to try these changes. I hope these can give oomph on my current build setup

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shaxarok said:

Vulpaphylas come with the ability to help you just ignore death, a much better utility (and they used to be straight up better before we made all pets immortal), and the other mod for Vasca is still just bad if it is literally not being touched, even with a presumable damage upgrade.

with Last grasp both you and your pet can die, you can last grasp yourself revive your Vasca which will in turn revive you, its a safety net for mistakes on harder missions, while sentinels can revive you with a mod they aren't really comparable with that! they are slow to revive, they die with you they are just not going to revive, Vasca is king

I admit it's probably just a better game-plan to not die, there are better utility available too, but it works, I will sometimes bring glass canon frame on archron hunts and sometimes teammates are bad at revive! though it's self heal mod I agree is kinda meh, when the overshields mod will make a companion functionally immortal!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

The Strain mod set changes are a little underwhelming, to be honest they're more like bug fixes than buffs. Sheldon had stated they had a some buffs coming for the set back in 2019 on the dev stream with his napkin notes, been patiently waiting for these mods to actually be viable... 

The changes to trample look great but proboscis wasn't touched, it still remains a useless mod. It would have been nice if it pulled in more than one enemy or something, anything to make it useful. 

but the rest looks pretty good. 

Worst part is that Chargers aren't getting stat buffs to even be on par with all of the other beasts, and they're getting a damage downgrade. Strain Set / Precepts won't bring them up to par with the others, and they're more underwhelming now compared to base stats in the game, and compared to what we have been presented today. 

Helminth Charger Crit Chance, Status Chance, and Crit Damage multiplier, as is, left unchanged compared to every single other beast that received a buff, is a low kick to the shins. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Vulcax:

• Previously: Charge-up beam weapon that reloads after every shot (Damage 35, Status 10%, Fire Rate 1, Magazine 1/Reload 6, Critical 20%/2.5x, Punchthrough 1M)
  • Now: Damage has been significantly improved to help the Vulcax's viability as a heavy weapon, along with better Accuracy, Reload and twice the Punchthrough. (Damage 500, Status 10%, Fire Rate 1, Magazine 1/Reload 3, Critical 20%/2.5x, Punchthrough 2M)

From 35 to 500 Damage?

29 minutes ago, Abbsa said:

From 35 to 500 Damage?

its basically a sniper rifle with a magazine size of 1 and a 6 seconds reload time.. yes 500 damage!! please!!!!

(edit:oh they changed lowered the reload too, still its going to be firing more infrequently than the other weapons)

26 minutes ago, Halo said:

Helminth Charger Crit Chance, Status Chance, and Crit Damage multiplier, as is, left unchanged compared to every single other beast that received a buff, is a low kick to the shins. 

they said something about the dust settling so I am assuming there could be another balance pass, I wouldn't worry too much, is it worth mentioning that it now always does toxin that won't combine with other elements and will go through shields and slash which ignores armor? its trample mod is going todo aoe toxin, knock enemiesdown and leave goop on the floor that will damage enemies that walk in it?

Edited by _Anise_
  • Like 1

The new loot mods are going to have the same problem vacuum did, we are just repeating history, give them to all companion

Can we remove the need for a attack mod for sentinels, the new postures solve that problem and allow more control over your companions.

Freeing up a mod slot of sentinels would help with build diversity and would complement the new weapons reworks, IE attacking multiple enemies with the ice bombs vs single target with the deth machine gun etc...

• Like 4

Will Venari be getting some love with this update? I'd ask primarily cosmetically to allow them to use cosmetics that other Kavats have access too.

Some sort of pack posture might be neat to so if Khora is running another bio-companion they co-ordinate on a shared target or target enemies targeting the other.

Other than that is there a reason (other than storage space which admittedly is a big issue) that Beast weapons aren't going to be swappable like robotic mods? Given the Helminth can swap powers between warframes there's no reason lore wise that some sort of gene mod couldn't change biological ones? Like with the infested pets it could make for cool changes in appearance and (visual) profile while giving the option later for other changes down the line like cybernetic weapons or simply ones like enhanced claws and tails from sheaths.

While certain mods like Charm need looked at because of One True Build symptoms shouldn't a bio-companion be characterised by it's breed abilities first and foremost as represented by their precepts?

I'll also echo that Territorial Aggression changes are going to make scanning wild kavats much harder will you be reducing the requiredments to incubate them to counter this or switching to an equivelent of the Kubrow eggs?

Edited by Mishfad
Forgot to add a point
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, redindy said:

The new loot mods are going to have the same problem vacuum did, we are just repeating history, give them to all companion

not all companions only beasts also the way it works it won't be as mandatory, its no longer a buff that can stack with itself and give you 8 times as much as the thing you pick up.

sounds like its just going to be around 10% chance on pickup to get 2x of thing, it's going to be kinda basic and not really better than other double loot based effects

2 minutes ago, Mishfad said:

Will Venari be getting some love with this update? I'd ask primarily cosmetically to allow them to use cosmetics that other Kavats have access too.

Deimos pets could also use access to cosmetic skins kavat > vulpa, predasite > kubrow

• Like 2

Now i do agree that the Loyal Retriever seems smoother overall. But i have to say it takes the uniqueness out of smeeta. Smeeta was always used to farm resources. That double buff felt amazing but that triple buff felt godly. Overall i like the change because i dont have to worry about getting buffs and loot despawn. At the same time i do think that the loot should have some % to give 2x or 3x buff that would be fair. 

Also please allow mecha mods on hounds. They look mechaaa come onnn D':

• Like 1