Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Not A Race Ps4

(PSN)KILO_1_SIX

This is NOT a race so stop treating it like you win by getting to the end of a map first, how can you have fun just running as fast as possible through every single map. Not only are you missing out but when you have even just one doing it the game is not fun for those of us really wanting to play it.

This is just a rant that is likely pointless since most the noobs/casual or whatever you want to call them are not looking on the forum, and everybody who sees this is likely in the % I like playing with, but if just one of these Usain Bolt wannabes sees it then that's enough.

Am I wrong or missing something isn't this game about COOP play and staying together while also looting everything in sight b/c you might and most likely will need it to build something sooner or later. I mean I have to play solo just to loot a map good and have some fun playing instead of running to the end like a mad idiot. B/c so many (most of them in paid for gear) treat each map like some kind of race. What do you get for winning? Nothing you just left behind stuff that will let you build what your buying and also the things that will upgrade your $80 loadout making it worth having and not so weak past Venus are all just sitting back there. Maybe if you would pick up cores I wouldn't be dealing 75% damage in free gear when your getting 5-10% a piece in a 80 dollar loadout. 

Not all but many I have played with do this just run though a map not opening a thing. Not getting drops even mods from dead enemy. Not staying together, running past enemy. Doing things like starting mobile def. on their own costing us the mission, b/c no-one can fight through all the enemy he left in his wake to get there in time, when he dies after 15 sec. in his 60+ dollar loadout that he has spent no time improving. Join mid game at the exit and have to go to the start b/c everyone was so quick to start their mad dash to the finish they didn't bother taking the objective. Losing in survival b/c the 200 bucks the other three have spent on their un-upgraded gear isn't enough to keep them from always falling back and/or just trying to run for an exit that isn't open yet and I die trying to keep the air on alone.

They start running b/c they see no reason to pick up items dropped since they just bought their gear at the beginning. So when they hit that wall which is pretty quick b/c they have not been upgrading with mods and cores, they have to keep running b/c they are to weak to fight the enemy now. Since they just ran through so many missions and didn't level up the few mods they have won't even fit. Just buying pretty gear and not knowing how to get full use off it seems to be a problem many have right now on PS4 

the ones that want to rush outweight the ones that dont, leading to the ones that dont feeling like their holding every1 else up and the ones rushing feel like the slow ones are trolling them.

sad fact unfortunatly.

its why id like 1 day to see the codex/scanner being used for "recon" mission types, needing ppl to not get spotted and scan then kill enemys, thats likely something that cant be rushed, would introduce a "need" for silent weapons like bows/throwing weapons and some stealth/slower gameplay allround for those that want it.

interesting

up till today i Never thought of how all the PS4 players would have to go through most of what we PC players went though.  but...... back on topic.

Listen, I know you think rushing is bad. but honestly there are only boss maps that are important, special zones for special drops. and your normal grind for XYZ stuff ( XP/Mods/Credits/Etc ) which is only about ( top of my head ) 10% of all the locations on the map. so... rushing through isn't a bad idea when you are trying to just clear those "filler" spots to get to the good zones.

Just my 2 cents.

and seems im the only one that sees the value in rushing. 

edit*

if you truly want to "stop and smell the roses" there is options for you like gathering up clan mates or friends of yours and setting it to private? or just solo it. even low low level you can solo lots of stuff till you get into the harder zones.

but really why do you want to spend soo much time in areas that don't really give you much in return for your time spent?

Edited by Rompido

Play alone, with clans or with friends. That's what I do. However I agree with you. Then again i'm sure they don't need mods, credits, building materials or affinity since they are all pointless in the game. Right? O.o

UNLESS, it's an alert or a enemy dry map and you want it done.

Edited by Completionist

i'm a non-rusher typically. caveats:

alert missions (not all the time, but depending on the quality of the group)

boss missions (when farming -- faster runs == more resources per hour) <-- and this could be changed if there were better options for attaining rare resources

other than that... can't think of a reason why someone really would need to rush.

the main issue is that players don't feel rewarded for exploring. the Void is a start, side rooms that can award mods. problem is then, the mods will generally be not amazing, so will still be skipped.

what it boils down to, is if the mission rewards an item at the end, and nothing else that a player really cares about, they have no reason to stick around.

that being said, i'm somewhere in the middle, i naturally traverse the map faster than most, i enjoy learning those tricks to make shortcuts and such - it's interesting to me.

but i also like exploring, from my many years of enjoying well built atmoispheric experiences. Warframe has some of that, so i find it enjoyable. 

now we just need a separate slider for Atmospheric additons and Music, so i can have the music as a background additon, and have the Atmospheric sounds up loud enough to hear them clearly, and really get the experience.

Let them rush... I have noticed though that more than often I will run into people who are down to explore and kill. If not, just leave the party after the mission and try again.

I always like to think that maybe some people only have a certain amount of time they can play per day and they want to try and do as many missions as they can. Have to think from both sides!

Let them rush... I have noticed though that more than often I will run into people who are down to explore and kill. If not, just leave the party after the mission and try again.

I always like to think that maybe some people only have a certain amount of time they can play per day and they want to try and do as many missions as they can. Have to think from both sides!

Agreed!  besides when exploring you could take some Codex Scanners with you and scan some enemies for extra affinity and Codex info

I kind of thought PC might be this way NOW just b/c after being out so long many people would see no need to do many things I am doing but no one could be so deep it to things on PS4 right now and I feel many just don't realize they need to level up(think their bought frame/weapon can't get better) and get a good amount of common items to build things like the Kama, Grakata, or Frost. If you have been playing a long time I get only wanting end rewards or alert items. But right now early in the game the biggest thing I find myself needing is credits, and I feel I play as much or more than most so they could use them too and looting gets about 2-3x as many as awarded.

Also just how many times they cost us a mission proves to me they need to slow down level up and upgrade b/c they clearly can't handle much of a enemy when they go down so easy and often. Like I said more often than not I get between 40-80% of the damage dealt b/c my slash dash and radial jav. is upgraded along with my weapons having stacked damage. So I am doing maybe 4 times the work with the MK1 Lato and Cronus as they are with much better base weapons that they paid for but just never improve. It just doesn't make sense seeing this from people who clearly need low level common items, like just getting as many cores as possible to fusion mods.

I know some might be just trying to get to a planet that has what they need, but many times this doesn't make sense b/c they end one mission and don't go to next but jump ahead or back 3-4 missions in same planet, so they don't seem to be farming this planet since they pick almost nothing up, they don't seem to be trying to get to another planet b/c they are playing a mission they have already beat, just randomly picking maps to run through for nothing. 

If they are not working towards something(seems most are not) then why are they in such a hurry to do nothing.

Edited by (PS4)KILO_1_SIX

It goes the other way around as well.

People that rush get irritated by those slacking behind as they can't open the door to procceed.

When joining a random room, you can't expect everyone to play the way you want them to play. Everyone has their own definition of "fun".

Best you can do is find people with the same objective, instead of going random.

Edited by KingTaro

I never understood rushers either.  They move ahead, stand around at the exit, and ask what's the hold up.  It got to the point where I didn't care anymore and responded "You are, doing this alone takes forever."  It's funny to see them leave.  It's ironic to see rushers in a public group, because rushers 100% don't need a group to pull off what they do, so I have no idea why they participate in a public mission anyway.  Logic is too hard for some people I guess.

Exterminate, defense and survival missions prevent rushing by the way.  By their nature, players are required to stop and shoot $#!%.  Maybe that's all every other mission needs: a kill quota, even if just optional for extra rewards.

I just solo now.  I might pub up for alerts where I might consider picking up rhino to survive them, because I really don't want to use rhino.  It's like activating god mode, which defeats half the fun of Warframe.  I play to shoot Grineer.  It's oddly satisfying.  Yes, there is always the "gotta get this" mentality driving me, but I don't make it the sole reason I play like most people seemingly do.  You know most of the complaints about armor scaling so fast weapons do no damage?  Those players are making it to the point in defense/survival missions where they're supposed to be executed in one shot anyway...

Problem with raising rushing problems will not solve anything as DE simply doesnt know how to solve it or wont do anything about it. Simple solution for them is to nerf stamina ( remember U10? ) and nobody profits. It is easier to nerf stamina than make game more interesting.

And again, if you are playing with random people you cannot expect that everyone will play like you desire. You have few options when you do, ask at the start if rush/explore, play with clan/solo or leave the game and hope you will get non-rushers next time.

You are the same as rushers, whining about them becuse you cannot play like you want. This is co-op game, if most of the team is rushing you should also. If they are exploring, you should also explore.

Edited by RoboDog

Well they have only adapted what the PC crowd does, which is speedruns as it has been recorded to be almost 3 times more effective in a long run than looking up for every corner which is a problem within the game and it's core mechanics in a way. Why I say in a way is that DE original intentions is not to make the game speedrun all the way but at the same time, it is supposed to be fast phased mainly so it is conflicting with itself for now.

Exterminate, defense and survival missions prevent rushing by the way.  By their nature, players are required to stop and shoot $#!%.  Maybe that's all every other mission needs: a kill quota, even if just optional for extra rewards.

I guess I could be considered a rusher, but the way I look at it is im trying to complete the objective quickly and efficiently.  The objective in spy deception, sabotage, rescue and capture is not to annihilate everything on the map.  It's get to a certain point or points and complete an objective.  I dont need to stop and murder every mob on the map to do that.  I will shoot what is directly in my path or clear a room where I need to complete some objective, but if whats in front of me doesnt die I dont really care.  Every mob being dead on the map is not going to help me complete the mission any faster.

If you don't want to rush through things and play at your own pace, then play solo or with people you know, thats what I do most of the time

I'm all for hunting for resources, helping new players or taking my time, but you have to understand that some people find rushing fun. I speed run in solo missions on my own time because I realized very early on  that Warframe's movement mechanics are some of the best I've seen in any game to date, not just an MMO and I like that feel. Some people don't want to swap to solo for that so enemies are higher level or so they feel good helping to clear a path for their teammates, or flanking the enemy positions instead of engaging in cover wars with the Grineer and some missions like the current alerts are simply too hard for some players to fight head on.

There's also the issue of growing skill differences, regardless of how you feel about rushing, I know that occasionally my movement is much much cleaner than some of the other players so even when I'm taking my time I need to stop for slower frames or newer players. However this can be perceived as rushing if I need to to break ahead to hunt for a control panel or get into cover or kill a group of enemies waiting for them, since now they don't have anything to do in regards to contributing and they'll get resentful. This can get immensely irritating for a player that for example, isn't even exploring but is actively just moving slowly through a map due to either unclean movement or idling.

There's two sides of every argument, faster players aren't always deliberately rushing, slower players aren't always contributing properly. You can't just brand one side or the other as inept or jerks.