Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Release Excalibur, Lato, Skana Prime To Public, Give Founders Something Else.

Hixlysss

No.

First off, Hunters don't deserve to keep the exclusive item they paid for, but Masters and Grandmasters do? Ridiculous. Second, if you use fans of Excalibur as a reason to release Excalibur Prime, what about the fans of Skana and Lato? (Yes... Believe it or not, they do actually exist.) How can your logic apply to the fans of one thing but not the others?

They said that the items would be exclusive to founders. They never said the items would never have their stats changed to compensate for major changes in the game, such as Damage or Melee 2.0. If any changes are made to the base item, then the same relative changes should be made to the Prime versions of those items as well, IMO. If the Skana launches up in power, then the Skana Prime should still have the same boost in power over its original counterpart as it did before the launch in power.*

* I really need to reword that, but can't be bothered. Hopefully you can catch my meaning properly.

Yes I do agree with one thing and one thing only the Skana and Lato prime shouldn't be added back. The masters and grand masters "earned" that, but Excalibur prime? It would be sad to someone that just started playing right this second and was like "Oh man Excalibur is so awesome." Then find out there are primes. "Um, why can I not get Excalibur prime anymore?". After all you Rhino's waited and wanted and wanted and waited... Would you really do that to an Excalibur fan? I believe putting the Excalibur prime Warframe on the market and leaving it in there for like 500 platinum would justify it. How about to let the Hunter's set the price of Excalibur prime on the Market with a poll or something from them. Sound's far to me to at least give them the Warframe.

Edit Note: And on a side note the Master's can poll the price of the Skana and Grandmasters the Lato if they were to be readded.

Edited by Kotei, Today, 03:37 PM.

I'm searching for compromise not an argument. What did hunter pay for? If i look at the chart properly 1220 platinum a badge and excalibur prime. What did you pay 50$. What can you get now for 50$ 1000 platinum and shred. How much is shred? 7-20 platinum so that's a 1020~ platinum. Looks like you got Excalibur prime for less then the 500 I said, a free badge, and 180 platinum. I don't know about you but I didn't buy the Grandmaster pack for Excalibur, lato, or skana. I bought it for the design counsel, badges, solar landmark, and 8870 platinum.

Now we have moved up from the point where People that don't have the founders pack and the difference between Disciple and Hunter. They payed 20$ why shouldn't they be able to give DE 30 more to get Excalibur prime and 850 platinum. I mean if they give you guys another chance to upgrade to Grand master will you? Put Excalibur prime on market and let anyone that has donated to the founder program upgrade to Grand master if they want. Also would give the PS4 people a chance to get it. All or nothing?

Would you truly support this game if they went against their word and let you do it? I don't know about you but I installed the game in true Open beta before PS4 release and played it for a few hours. I was like wow this game has awesome potential, so bought the Grand master pack. I supported this game to the extreme. I bought the inferno prime access pack on PC and PS4, as well as bought my cousin the flare which he updated to the blaze. He went out of state for work for a week and a half only to come back four days to late to finish upgrading to the inferno.

I plan on buying the pack for the new prime access too. Why is everyone so hung up on exclusive? You're paying for the platinum If I remember correctly. Which I don't. That's the main reason I bought the Grand master Pack. It was at the bottom of the chart. It said a "Value of" 500 or so dollars. I only spend 250, so yeah okay an investment. I did or at least I thought I knew what one was. 

Edit Note: Could always do it "Soon" like when the PC can migrate to PS4...

Edited by Kotei

Edited by Kotei, Today, 03:37 PM.

I'm searching for compromise not an argument. What did hunter pay for? If i look at the chart properly 1220 platinum a badge and excalibur prime. What did you pay 50$. What can you get now for 50$ 1000 platinum and shred. How much is shred? 7-20 platinum so that's a 1020~ platinum. Looks like you got Excalibur prime for less then the 500 I said, a free badge, and 180 platinum. I don't know about you but I didn't buy the Grandmaster pack for Excalibur, lato, or skana. I bought it for the design counsel, badges, solar landmark, and 8870 platinum.

I bought the Hunter founders pack so I could have everything entailed, including the EXCLUSIVE Excalibur Prime. How much Shred is now via trading is completely irrelevant to the deal made then. Just because you might not care about whether certain parts of the deal made are held up or not does not mean that the rest of us feel the same way.

They payed 20$ why shouldn't they be able to give DE 30 more to get Excalibur prime and 850 platinum. I mean if they give you guys another chance to upgrade to Grand master will you?

Why not? Because the Founders program is over. Done. The End. They missed out. I missed out on throwing more money at DE to upgrade my founders status to master or grandmaster. I had plenty of time to do it with plenty of warning about when my time is up. I missed out on it, so I have to live with that. I'm not gonna whine about it, it was completely fair.

im sorry, but when someone says this is your last chance, ever, to ever get this, at all, in any way shape or form, thats it there wont be anymore, i kinda take that to mean that after the deadline if i want it, im screwed.

then again that could just be my common sense tingling.

I bought the Hunter founders pack so I could have everything entailed, including the EXCLUSIVE Excalibur Prime. How much Shred is now via trading is completely irrelevant to the deal made then. Just because you might not care about whether certain parts of the deal made are held up or not does not mean that the rest of us feel the same way.

Why not? Because the Founders program is over. Done. The End. They missed out. I missed out on throwing more money at DE to upgrade my founders status to master or grandmaster. I had plenty of time to do it with plenty of warning about when my time is up. I missed out on it, so I have to live with that. I'm not gonna whine about it, it was completely fair.

And I bet if you took a poll right this second from both PC and PS4 the majority wouldn't rule in your favor, and since we can't come up with a proper suggestion everyone agrees upon, and people don't think it can be done, you think the devs will listen to us and our indecisiveness to act. If well agree on a suggestion/compromise they probably would listen. Don't know if they would act but they might. It's because of all the arguing and no one willing to compromise PS4 is getting left out and wont get it and that's really not fair. It's on their Codex... they will never be able to get any of that stuff from founders? I'm done with this I can only tolerate so much egotism before mine starts to take play. The stunt of growth will never improve anything. People willing to give more money to support the game and make it better I don't see why no one would want that. You have to give incentive.

Edit Note: Would you prefer "I don't see why anyone wouldn't want that..."

Edited by Kotei

im sorry, but when someone says this is your last chance, ever, to ever get this, at all, in any way shape or form, thats it there wont be anymore, i kinda take that to mean that after the deadline if i want it, im screwed.

then again that could just be my common sense tingling.

Common sense is very rare these days... Quite unfortunate, really. :/

People willing to give more money to support the game and make it better I don't see why no one would want that. You have to give incentive.

Hey, guess what? You can still support the game! Yes, that's right, it is STILL completely possible, even though the Founders program has ended. How can this magic be achieved, you ask? Why, you buy platinum! The money goes to the developers, and the platinum goes to you! Everyone gets something out of it! Win-Win! Amazing, right?

Common sense is very rare these days... Quite unfortunate, really. :/

Hey, guess what? You can still support the game! Yes, that's right, it is STILL completely possible, even though the Founders program has ended. How can this magic be achieved, you ask? Why, you buy platinum! The money goes to the developers, and the platinum goes to you! Everyone gets something out of it! Win-Win! Amazing, right?

And this is the reason right here why it is not logical to even put out any exclusive items. 3) Trolling... The fact that the ether daggers where removed from the market thus now exclusive upsets me. -End Line-

Edited by Kotei

And this is the reason right here why it is not logical to even put out any exclusive items. 3) Trolling... The fact that the ether daggers where removed from the market thus now exclusive upsets me. -End Line-

can you not get them from login rewards or bp drops?

I became a founder because I needed Platinum and figured I might as well get other stuff for my money too.  Exclusivity was not a selling point.  Excalibur certainly wasn't.

Ever since Frost Prime was made I thought it was a shame that Excalibur Prime is exclusive.  Excalibur is the poster boy and the first frame.  Excalibur Prime is the first of the first and should not be something that new players can never even hope to get. 

In livestreams the dev's have said they want Warframe to keep going and keep evolving, there will not be a Warframe 2 just updates to improve the existing game.  I think this sounds great, the idea that they wont make a new game that makes me forget about my inventory in this game buuuut..... in a few years time new players will be joining this evolving game and not be able to get Excalibur Prime, the blinged up version of the poster boy. 

As I remember, Scott commented on exclusives in a livestream and how they have come to a decision that they are not a good use of an asset long-term.  I'm pretty sure this is why the brakk and detron were never actually billed as exclusive despite people's assumptions about them.  It was always the intention that the time spent designing them, both art and game mechanics, would be an investment into something bigger than an event.  It was then said that Founders exclusives would not come back but I suspect this is out of fear of backlash.

I think a redesigned Excalibur Prime should be added to the game.  The current helmet and possibly body should remain exclusive but the new skinned version available to all.  Not that fused about compensation but a booster would be nice or a syandana or even another skin such as the Alabaster skin Excalibur Prime had for about one night.  Currently the only Founders stuff I use are the badges.

I'm right there with you. I only got the disciple level because it was all I could afford at the time, I would really love to upgrade at least to hunter someday. I can live without the lato and skana primes but it makes me really sad I didn't get Excal prime while it was available.

Exact same thing here. Maybe if they let existing founders upgrade their rank to hunter/master/grand master? I would upgrade to design Council info too, but I'm stuck at Disciple :(

Exact same thing here. Maybe if they let existing founders upgrade their rank to hunter/master/grand master? I would upgrade to design Council info too, but I'm stuck at Disciple :(

But hey, too bad so sad, right? ...right?

They gave you enough time to upgrade, heck they even extended it for several months.

There's nothing wrong with an exclusive item having a sort of an edge against other melee weapons.

I'm not saying there is. I'm saying if they changed it now, that would be the issue. The timing of the change more than the change itself. 

It effectively alters the conditions on which people may have bought or not bought the package, which isn't fair. 

If they decided to change it now they would have to exploit loopholes in order to keep complaints to a minimum, selectively deciding what is the best way to shield against certain complaints or avoid other complaints altogether. I really don't care if they don't make them exclusive as long as they don't change them. But I would like to see them made in to viable items instead of mere cosmetics. Especially since they're prime gear. 

Which is my dilemna in this. I'd feel it safer and better for all parties to leave them at/near the bottom of their respective pools, but that's not what would be best for them. 

More seriously now I feel I should go back to my old idea, buff them to strong levels as they should be, but then make a 'loyalty'/whatever variant of the item with the same stats as the primes for regular players for achieving some time consuming/Difficult condition. It would piss off founders some, but they were probably buying them mostly as cosmetic items/bonuses any ways to start, and now they would have three strong tools in their arsenal so it would be a benefit to them, while others could still have the strength of those items it would be without the cosmetic and prestige bonus. Not to mention if other players had to work for it in some fashion then it would at least still had a high level of worth and be rare to see, and Founders would be avoiding all that effort for the same item. 

And it breaks no promises as far as I see, and isn't directly involved with the actual founders package so it's not like its being changed. Which makes it harder to complain you've changed the nature of the deal. 

Id be okay if those three prime were replaced with Vandal or Wraith version... It would be more clear to people since it's clearly stated that Wraith and Vandal will never be re released

... Then Again it's also clearly stated for founder stuff so... 

It's actually interesting to see the ideas of this thread. I myself couldn't afford to be a founder when it was around and really do want that Excal Prime, but at the same time I get a lot of the reasons you guys are bringing up.

However, as I look over my collection of frames I've amassed through grinding and remember what things looked like just a couple months back, I'm stuck here wondering if I would care as much about missing Excalibur Prime as more frames are added, including other potential variants DE might one day roll out.

Right now Excal Prime sticks out because the amount of Prime frames aren't too large in number, and the number of frames total is still not too sizable. Meanwhile, if the "cast" were the size of League (and I'm only using this example because the forums seem to love bringing it up whenever a F2P tactic is being discussed) then I doubt I would mind being locked out of a variant.

So maybe this is something that naturally gets solved with time, or maybe I still do feel like my collection is incomplete and I regret not spending the cash on Warframe when it was around. I say this is still something to wait on, though I do feel like an opportunity for a small bonus for PS4 "founders" could be welcome (and I've yet to cave and get that next gen goodness). Nothing as drastic as a frame, but maybe something special could come up.

They would still be exclusive to us, if we don't want to trade them. Nothing forces us to. Some founders clearly aren't bothered about exclusives so if they wish to trade them, they can. Some people want them, so they get that opportunity. It still keeps them exclusive. They're not supposed to be released again and remain exclusive, they wouldn't be released and they would still be exclusive.

I am pretty sure the founders pack only ever stated the items were exclusive for the founders pack, and not that the founders pack would only be once and never again.