Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 12.3.0: The Grustrag Three

[DE]Rebecca

Will enjoy encounter this new mini-boss, hope for a fun challenge. =)

(+ corpus revenge in the whole solar system \o/ )

No more even exclusive weapon? Did we got a chance to see the snipetron vandal?

Or why some event exclusive weapon got to be rerelease and not other one?

Be fair with all late players...

Primed chamber? All event mod?

You've just open the Pandora's box... It's a choice.

Okay, takes this as my rule of thumb based on how i think Digital Extremes works as business.

Totaly new weapon with it's own unique design = Not exclusive.

Existing weapon with it's own unique skin = Exclusive.

Therefor Brakk = Not exclusive.

Anything Vandal/Wraith = Exclusive.

A totaly new weapon takes several manhours of development time to make. Design, 3D modeling, animation and coding. Man hours mean development money. Therefor spending money to create a new item that only a handfull of players will get, means that the money got wasted. In addition to that it's possible (though not likely) for every player that got the gun to have quit the game within the months after it's release. Increasing the chance that the weapon ends as ghost item.

So it's totaly logical to release said new weapon to the full playerbase eventualy. Either as something directly to buy (as we see with the new clan tech additions) or as something they can farm.

While they don't make money from allowing players to farm said gun (instead of direct buy), it increases the amount of time players spend on the game, boosting the player statistic, which is also profitable for them.

Meanwhile reskining an existing weapon with changed stats, takes far less time to create, but allows the developers to hand out exclusive items to players in order to increase their interest in events (which increases the player numbers during said time period). Exclusive items mean that a player can not only enjoy the fruit of their work from events, but also have a bit of a status symbol. A status symbol that is not hurting sales or has the developers cost a larger amount of development money.

Same goes for mods.

So bottom line, when a future event includes a totaly unique new weapon, don't even think it's going to stay exclusive. However if the event rewards a unique skinned EXISTING weapon, it's very likely to remain exclusive.

Edited by Othergrunty

emboss new Prime? WHY? I just go out and buy a month part of the market = / somewhere interesting mission can be useful knowledge and experience accumulated over 1,000 hours?? or benefits from this? Alas, no = / o and it may be possible to assemble a collection of unique weapons? Again NO = / hmm can then at least the frame can not develop templates and stamps to create something unique and exclusive where last 1000 hours of play will be a bonus? NO again = /

Says the 1200+ hours gamer to the 200 hours gamer.

1200+ hours gamer: hey man look at this weapon if u played this game earlyer u could get this, but i spent alot of time and boring event procedure to gain it 100 runs but since there was like nice rewards from corpus and potatoes and stuff i had to do like 150 just to get this weapon.

200 hours gamer: oh that weapon i just do 2 missions in normal mode dificulty with strangers and i got stuff and then i went to the forge and now i have to w8 for 13h or 23 hours to get it.

1200+ hours gamer: hmmm -_-... :-( 

I think I might be the only person who's actually disappointed by the update. I support the Corpus almost constantly and I've had Brakk since Gradivus... This isn't really all that interesting.

I did the same, supported teh Corpus for the Prova Vandal and Detron. 100 missions for them, and instead, we got a potato peeler and a neoplasmic pistol lol

Ahhhah now all these poor Corpus-supporters will pay! Grustrag Three will eat all your cereals and greedy milk that u have!

#GrineerSupremacy

Or, you know, we could be trying to actually get the Corpus back on the map because there are currently no tier 3 defenses under their control and the Grineer have no rewards worth killing them for.

There was NEVER a reason to support the Corpus. There is STILL NOT a reason to support the Corpus, because if these bucketheads show up and you lose, it doesn't make you play an escape mission. It makes you craft an item with a mastery requirement apparently over four in order to actually be able to use your powers against them, like, ever again.

Says the 1200+ hours gamer to the 200 hours gamer.

1200+ hours gamer: hey man look at this weapon if u played this game earlyer u could get this, but i spent alot of time and boring event procedure to gain it 100 runs but since there was like nice rewards from corpus and potatoes and stuff i had to do like 150 just to get this weapon.

200 hours gamer: oh that weapon i just do 2 missions in normal mode dificulty with strangers and i got stuff and then i went to the forge and now i have to w8 for 13h or 23 hours to get it.

1200+ hours gamer: hmmm -_-... :-( 

Actually what you just said is true, i started playing warframe when the "snipetron vandal" event was happening and i didn't get it, at the beginning i was sad about but c´mon there will be more events like this and so i got all the wraith weapons brakk and all the tier 3 rewards in all the events and i wasn't hard but i took me a lot of time, and all for what? im not mad that newbies can get it Im mad that the 100 mission i did against corpus was for nothing and the brakk will get nerfed soon.

Tell me DE will you do this again? warframe founder are the ones that helped you the most and those guys have +300 hours in warframe there effort for trying to get "only one time weapons" is lost?

i feel bad for telling this about my favorite game which is warframe but this update Sucks.

*building Brakk*

Thx for this update DE,this is special for us who didn't participate on gradivus event

Don't care about all complains DE...release all previous events weapons so we(players who late playing on warframe) can taste them too :p

Huehuehue

And I kinda disagree either about all new weapon being in clan tech,I don't really care about forma as their ingredients but pls cut the research time...3 days for new weapon is darn long >.<

Don't care about all complains DE...release all previous events weapons so we(players who late playing on warframe) can taste them too :p

Huehuehue

In that case, re-release Snipertron i once lost due to an inventory glitch, making it vanish into nothingness.

EDIT: Tried once to use a support ticket, but that didnt work on getting that one back.

*We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.* . Wasnt really the answer i was hoping to get. I could understand if it was a clumsy sell i did, but it wasnt. Back on the Informant Event, the inventory was a gltichy mess, causing items to disapear if you sold one item. I sold a weapon once, and a Prova followed along with it, including the Snipertron BP (note, i only clicked ONCE, on the weapon i wanted to sell).

Edited by Cebius

Lol. People that ran 100 easy missions over the course of a week and got a weapon pre-built and supercharged already complaining because 4 months later, people have the option to run RNG amount of missions for a chance to fight a boss that has a chance to drop the part they need to complete a blueprint to a non-supercharged weapon.

4 months later.

Also, looking at the gradivus dilemma event page, I see no mention of it being "omg so exclusive, such wow, much never released again." You earned the weapon and you didn't have to RNG gods for it. Are people really throwing a fit because they're no longer a super special snowflake with a super special gun? I wonder how many of these people with a raging exclusive-hardon regularly go on the forums to complain about RNG. They got the Brakk, supercharged, after 100 missions. No questions asked. 7 days, About 15 missions a day, about 5 minutes a mission. For god's sake you didn't have to climb Mount Olympus and beat Zeus in an arm-wrestling match to get it. 

And now these people are complaining about it being re-released in the form of lol RNG? I still haven't even got my Detron, and it's the single last weapon I need to have everything. Every thing in the game. (Except a few event only weapons that were released before I played the game.) I've been farming and hunting for Harvester since he came out, trying to get Detron. Every time I fight him he gives me the part I DON'T need. We're talking 15 runs a day looking for him. Wait, actively searching for harvester, 15 runs a day? About 5 minute runs? Every day for a week?

Well F*** me, that's 100 missions in a week, just looking for harvester! Gee, that's a lot of work! If only there was some event that made it so that if I did 100 missions I was guaranteed Detron, supercharged, and already built. Oh, wait, there was one, and it was for Brakk. But you know, I'm sure those guys that did 100 missions are working a lot harder than I am, trying to get my Detron....100+ runs and counting. People are really crying because they got a weapon for free, and now complain that people have to get lucky with RNG in order to have a chance to get a piece to build it, not even supercharged, four months later.

This community has serious issues with exclusivity pride. Like someone else having Brakk is really going to hurt you. Seems to me like a lot of these guys just want to go "Lol I have something you'll never get. I'm special." And gloat and brag as if it's a badge of honor. Disgusting. I support equal opportunity. A lot of these people will put in twice as many runs as these "I did 100 missions so it should remain exclusive" people. In the end, they'll work harder for Brakk than the exclusive people had to, most likely. But nooooo. "I don't want other people to have it because it would make it much less special that I have it." All boils down to wanting to lord "exclusive stuff" over those who don't have it.

To clarify, I did 100 runs, and then accompanied two of my friends to do their 100 runs, in order to get Brakk.  So as shocking as it may be, I'm one of the ones who had an "exclusive Brakk" (Still don't see the part where it said "This weapon will never ever be released ever again.") and I'm actually announcing that I don't give a S#&$ that it's publicly available. I'm HAPPY it's publicly available. Last thing I'd want is to foster an elitist community where people grump around being snobby because they have weapons that "you can't get, lololol." I wouldn't care if they re-released any of the "exclusive lol never gonna be released ever again lol" weapons that I have. Because for me, having the weapon is enough. Someone else having fun with the weapon is not going to diminish how much fun I have with the weapon. In the end, it's just a stupid "exclusivity" complex.

Also, if it's any indicator, at the end of the Gradivus Dilemma thread, Rebecca answered a question about what would happen to the "Unused factions weapons." She said "They'd go into the vault until further notice." I wonder how much of these Brakk-huggers were absolutely ecstatic when the Detron became available, even though by their logic and law of "exclusivity", it shouldn't be released at all because it didn't win. But of course, it's fine when they give players a chance to get the weapon that wasn't chosen, (And they didn't even give it to the people that did 100 Corpus missions, LOL.) but it's not fine when DE gives PC players that came after the event, or PS4 players that never had the chance to get Brakk to begin with, a way to get it. It's cool when Brakk-huggers get access to the Detron too, (Though again, by their logic it should remain in the vault forever and never be re-released) but the thought of some filthy peasant that came after the event getting access to their Brakk is JUST. TOO. HARD TO HANDLE.

I LOVE BRAKK AND NOBODY SHOULD LAY THEIR HANDS ON IT BUT PEOPLE WHO DID 100 MISSIONS, AND NOT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DOING 200 MISSIONS JUST TO HAVE RNG DECIDE WHETHER THEY GET A CHANCE AT THE PART THEY NEED.

As a Brakk owner, And thus your superior for having it when you don't  I apologize on behalf of all these people who don't want you to ruin their special little snowflake of a weapon. And I will apologize to the other Brakk owners on your behalf, because you having a Brakk too will immediately ruin their game experience in some way. 

Jeez. So much ado about literally nothing.

TL:DR:  People don't want you to have stuff because they want to be better than you for having it.

Edited by Sokina