The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Radial Blind Needs A Slight Nerf

Tatersail

Radial Blind is far too powerful, currently it can be setup with

either http://goo.gl/2Hg8Xe Which turns off combat within a 48m range, 96m Radius for 22 seconds (this can be maintained FOREVER without any energy pickups SOLO)

or http://goo.gl/2x0Pok Which turns off combat within 58m range, 116m radius for 15 seconds (this can be maintained for 19 mins with 0 energy pickups or Forever with 2 players)

Inside this massive radius, which covers most maps and rooms in the void, Nothing can shoot at you.

Literally it removes combat from the game, Shields, Armor, Vitality... meaningless since nothing can fight back!

(I am currently not getting shot using any weapon, and things are not attacking in melee)

The additional 2x and 4x charge melee damage multipliers that all players get for attacking targets that can't see them is just icing on the cake.

Its totally spammable, there is no skill on cooldown, like Nyx Chaos, or Rhino Stomp, it totally removes damage, unlike Loki which makes everything melee.

1 button 12 energy, removes combat?

this can't be intended?

This is like having a 100m Bastille that has no target cap, for 25 less energy? +damage bonus in melee.

Edit 26/03/14 since people aren't reading the rest, and simply posting, QQ and crying so I will add:

-There is no range cap on powers any more,

-The ability has a 58m range with all mods on,

-Currently I am not getting shot, or attacked in melee by things in the 18-22 second blind this includes infested (possible bug)

-I have tested this with various weapons that make noise and seen no effect

-I agree trinity blessing 100% up time is Overpowered too, and Rhino stomp to a lesser extent

-They do still lob grenades "sometimes" but its very rare

-I blind mobs outside of there combat range then maintain the blind, which could account for the no shooting at sounds bug

-I have done wave 55 t3 void 2 man with an unranked Zephyr using this tactic on Excal

-I got 1900+ score multiple times in the recent event simply pushing 2 and not killing ANYTHING

-I am rank 15, I have played this game a lot (sadly 847 hours listed on steam), I know what I am talking about, and this is not a Troll post, please leave CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK

examples:

H44I0uN.jpg

xrWlXXC.jpg

and for all the people QQ'ing about range

aIAuTfy.jpg

All I want changed, is "Power already in use" Added to the blind part of the skill, to bring this skill in line with Nekro terrify, Nyx Chaos, Rhino stomp, and other "In use" powers

Edited by Tatersail

Considering its the only thing that makes him viable in end game (level 35+ enemies) without bullet attractor, i feel it should stay as-is.

Slash dash builds have very quick damage falloff at higher levels, and Radial Javalin does too (unless you have a mag to make someone's day REALLY bad).

Its his only utility ability that helps the rest of the cell. I mean, if we where to deprive him of an engame build for blind (full corrupted mods) then we may as well take away Blessing, Chaos, Radial Disarm, Stomp, and any other CC we can use at high levels

You know they still shoot you based on where you shoot them from right?

Honestly, stupid, ill thought suggestions like this are what's going to make metagame obsolete.

Sorry for getting angry, but this damn near sent me off my rocker.

Well that is implying people are willing to forma Excalibur to a complete Blind build. That completely eliminates the fun of playing him in the first place.

Disagree with the nerf, but I don't think he needs a buff either. 

Edited by kaboomonme

you get a nerf and you get a nerf and you get a nerf and you get a nerf and you get a nerf and you get a nerf.

Nerfs for everyone!

Enough Oprah for one day.

Seriously though Excalibur is probably warframes most balanced frame and offers a wide range of gameplay experiences to new players.

Not used Excalibro in uh....crap I can't remember. Either way last I saw it was capped at 50m and completely dependent on line of sight, meaning if you could see it it could see you and therefore was blindable, but crap behind large enough cover or in the next room behind a wall was left alone. So nerfing this would be like taking a sledge hammer to his balls and calling it a day.

Afaik range for abilities is capped at 50 meters.

And no, it's not OP. It's as it should be.

think the range cap us a left over myth from previous patches, there is no range cap, or at least I can cover all of the void defense from the pod, which waypoints tell me is more than 50m

to Nurmetya, this ability has no line of sight requirement.

You know they still shoot you based on where you shoot them from right?

um no they can't

I have been using this for the last few weeks, I have yet to be shot at.

during the "protect the mobile shield event" we just had, I pushed 1, the mobile core took 0 damage, event won.

I can SOLO anything... literally...  wave 1000000000  is meaningless to me, since combat is off.

I fail to see how people think turning combat off is not, game breaking?

I could set a macro to push 2 every 19 seconds, go afk in t3 void for 2 months and come back to see how many waves my sentinel has killed

Edited by Tatersail

Not used Excalibro in uh....crap I can't remember. Either way last I saw it was capped at 50m and completely dependent on line of sight, meaning if you could see it it could see you and therefore was blindable, but crap behind large enough cover or in the next room behind a wall was left alone. So nerfing this would be like taking a sledge hammer to his balls and calling it a day.

Only targeted abilities had 50m cap. At least for the last 8-9 months, Blind hasn't needed line of sight.

This is up there with "nerf Saryn and Nekros" on the list of "terrible ideas that should never have existed".

Also, if Radial Blind is so incredibly broken according to you, why do I never see Excalibur in any matches past Jupiter?

Edited by Vargras

Yes it is super strong and exploitable when maxed, but its only one of many things. Trinity blessing can be re-cast forever on just 2 syphons, Rhino stomp can be recast every 2-3 seconds on 4 syphons etc...  and Im not even going to remind you of Nova... duh

Radial blind doesn't remove combat, it only stops range units from shooting. You still need to kill them and melee units still attack you, making it not very good vs Infested. 

All in all many abilities need to be looked at because some of them become game-breaking exploits with corrupted mods, but Radial blind is far from the worst offenders.

Having used it for the last 8-9 months, I can tell you they will shoot at the locations where they hear sounds from.

I think only MOAs shoot to the sound source or the last place you stood before they got blinded, havent seen others do

Edited by Monolake