Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exactly Why Don't We Have A Corpus Shotgun Yet?

slappy330

I have a fan concept for one, since I feel the need for a Corpus shotgun as well.

Not going to go tooting my own bugle and posting links and stuff. Just know that someone else is lobbying for one too.

Is a side arm and a hand cannon.

You're confused because DE is confused.

Hand cannons are small weapons that use really big bullets.

Shotguns are weapons that use 1 ammo that splits into a spread of pellets - This can include, but is not limited to fantasy super-charged plasma balls.

Is a side arm and a hand cannon. If it was a shotgun it would use shotgun mods. And the drakgoon was originally supposed to be a corpus shotgun but got changed in development. It would be nice to see a corpus shotgun in the future.

It is functionally a shotgun, which uses the superior pistol mods.

Also, Drakgoon was never going to be Corpus-designed. It was originally advertised as being a "black market"-produced gun.

drakgoon

.........eh?

edit:Corvid, on 06 May 2014 - 7:43 PM, said:

It is functionally a shotgun, which uses the superior pistol mods.

Also, Drakgoon was never going to be Corpus-designed. It was originally advertised as being a "black market"-produced gun.

dangit!
Edited by AdmiralAvalanche

Is a side arm and a hand cannon. If it was a shotgun it would use shotgun mods. And the drakgoon was originally supposed to be a corpus shotgun but got changed in development. It would be nice to see a corpus shotgun in the future.

all tho true it was never concepted to be a corpus shotgun , but changes are made threw development cycle

detron isnt even a real shotgun ... its just like real life shorty (the shotgun sidearm)

its a sidearm ... nothing else might be close range but its not an actual shotgun 

and yes i want a corpus shotgun with maybe magnetic damage ? or wait thats rather counterintuitive ... how about electric laser or radial damage ?

More productive way to approach this, do we actually need another shotgun? The ones we have seem to cover all the bases. Hek is your marksman shotgun with high damage and accuracy.  Sobek is your battle shotgun with good endurance for sustained fighting. Boar Prime is your assault shotgun with horrific short range burst damage. Drakgoon is your tactical shotgun to adapt to different situations as the need requires.  Which of these needs to be replaced? The Tigris is the only shotgun which is outright bad, and I would rather see that get some numerical tweaks before asking for a whole new weapon.

Actually I heard they planned to make the phage into a Corpus shotgun originally, but something happened and it ended up being Infested... somehow... So yeah there was going to be a shotgun primary, but now there is nothing I have heard yet about another in the future.