The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do People Have Against Red + Black Colour Set-Ups?

you could be super edgy and throw in a third color! *GASP*

Oh Baby a triple!!11!!

bLK aNd Rd are MLg 0nly clrs, 420 BlaZe iT

tumblr_n4nqqfUuaM1slik4to1_400.gif

But, seriously. It's warframe quivalent of a COD montage by a 12 year old who puts in all those unneeded intros and then the whole clip is filled with bloom effects and dubstep drops, wait...that's every cod montage ever.

Edited by kiteohatto

I've been doing the red and black thing ever since I started playing. This might be because I'm artistically challenged, or maybe because I've painted all my space marines like that, and figured "F*ck it".

It would be nice though, if we were able to color the seperate parts of the frame, rather than just huge chunks all at once.
That'd allow for more creative and unique color schemes.

Mostly, I use red and black because I like the colors. I could give a S#&$ what anyone else thinks about it.

I own two cars. Guess what colors they are? One is red, one is black.

Now, they aren't the only colors I use, but I do like them. Another "cliché" color scheme I use are my old alma mater colors; in this case scarlet and grey (go Bucks!). One of my favorite combinations is my Buckeye Valkyr, although I'd draw the line at a Brutus helmet. Some things are just going a bit too far.   

So people aren't allowed to like a certain color scheme? 

Like racial profiling IRL, people tend to make assumptions based on looks. Black and red is typically associated with 13 year old boys, who are not known for being helpful teammates. 

And just like IRL, it's not a good idea to make assumptions based on looks. People still do it though.

So people aren't allowed to like a certain color scheme? 

Yes that's what everyone said. You're not allowed to like it. 

I hate when people go from "This color scheme is over-done" to "I'm not allowed to like it", as if other people are imposing their tastes upon you forcefully. What, we're not allowed to have opinions about your color scheme?

Yes that's what everyone said. You're not allowed to like it. 

I hate when people go from "This color scheme is over-done" to "I'm not allowed to like it", as if other people are imposing their tastes upon you forcefully. What, we're not allowed to have opinions about your color scheme?

You shall not like black and red anymore, because of reasons.

On more serious note, it is overused and people tend to post their "good looking" frames that are mostly colored in these two colors. You can use what you like, i no one can tell you any different. But i can dislike that color setup and i can say it also, no one can force me to like them.

Its matter of choice for both of us. I can dislike them, no matter what you think about it. And you can wear them, no matter what i am thinking.

I use White, Red and Black combination on all frames and weapons... couldn't care less if someone likes it or not.

People don't ask me as well if I (don't) like their intrusive color schemes like baby-pink/blue, pee-yellow, puke-orange or snot-green. Or a random mix of all of those. And I don't complain about it all the time. ^^

That's the thing about RPG-type games: We have to live with whatever color tastes other people have.

Edited by MeduSalem

I use jet black and red energy for every A scheme, because I LIKE those colours. Actually, I think that those people who use vibrant green, pink and mixed with some other neon S#&$ are way more lame, but nobody hates that because they are "original".

And just for you haters:

tRvXYZA.jpg

Oh Baby a triple!!11!!

bLK aNd Rd are MLg 0nly clrs, 420 BlaZe iT

tumblr_n4nqqfUuaM1slik4to1_400.gif

But, seriously. It's warframe quivalent of a COD montage by a 12 year old who puts in all those unneeded intros and then the whole clip is filled with bloom effects and dubstep drops, wait...that's every cod montage ever.

10/10 would read again

OT: I don't really care what color people's weapons/warframes are because I've actually met some GOOD players with Black+Red color schemes that can play the game a whole lot better than those with other color schemes.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's not always the players wearing Black+Red colors, but others that don't as well playing the game terribly. Can't discriminate based on color schemes.

Edited by Trowicia

I've noticed that people seem to have some kind of problem with red and black frames, mainly because it's "overdone".

On Ps4, I hardly even see black and red frames. You can't blame people for using the setup, it DOES look cool you gotta admit.

you're wrong, my color is Red&Black & I don't care what people think of that,,

Stalker is red& black

I use jet black and red energy for every A scheme, because I LIKE those colours. Actually, I think that those people who use vibrant green, pink and mixed with some other neon S#&$ are way more lame, but nobody hates that because they are "original".

And just for you haters:

tRvXYZA.jpg

The issue is using shiny black as primary color and dark red as secondary color. Your example is exactly the other way around. So it doesn't fall into the same pit trap as what many people don't like. Sure some might still see it as "try hard to be cool". But not nearly as much as the pitch black as main color.

Both because it's associated with the youth trend of finding "black and anti" cool, a trend parodied in the Batman song from The Lego Movie and because they are the colors of the "super secret badass hunter" Stalker. So it's a combination of appearing immature and lacking creativity.

Red as primary color is still widely acceptable. Heck the first thing that came to my mind was Deadpool. Sure he is an anti-hero with dark moments, but "dark and broody" are not his primary character traits.

The issue is using shiny black as primary color and dark red as secondary color. Your example is exactly the other way around. So it doesn't fall into the same pit trap as what many people don't like. Sure some might still see it as "try hard to be cool". But not nearly as much as the pitch black as main color.

Both because it's associated with the youth trend of finding "black and anti" cool, a trend parodied in the Batman song from The Lego Movie and because they are the colors of the "super secret badass hunter" Stalker. So it's a combination of appearing immature and lacking creativity.

Red as primary color is still widely acceptable. Heck the first thing that came to my mind was Deadpool. Sure he is an anti-hero with dark moments, but "dark and broody" are not his primary character traits.

I mainly choose those colors because I wanted a modern corporate feel to the frame. I might try a white / orange scheme later to see how it works.  EDIT: Didn't look good. Eww.

Also, the black / red I use is jet black colors with red energy.

If people want a dark look, try jet black main with purple details and cyan lights. Vanu color scheme from PlanetSide 2.

Edited by S3EK3R