Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Should We Be Concerned If Launcher Did Not Ask For Password?

[DE]Momaw

That does not really mean much if you are the administrator. It is just one more mouse click or an Enter button. 

It means something when there wasn't a prompt for the past 20 over updates/patches and nothing on my PC changed. See it as you will, just something different on my side.

It means something when there wasn't a prompt for the past 20 over updates/patches and nothing on my PC changed. See it as you will, just something different on my side.

I see it as a very, very minor inconvenience as of right now. 

If they then decide to ask for our passwords to authenticate, then I would probably be a bit more aware of it (and maybe a bit more cautious too). 

I see it as a very, very minor inconvenience as of right now. 

If they then decide to ask for our passwords to authenticate, then I would probably be a bit more aware of it (and maybe a bit more cautious too). 

It's not an inconvenience or anything, as it happened only ONCE during the update for 14.2. Which was unusual, at least for me. However what's more weird was the absence of a password prompt from the launcher despite being explicitly stated in staff post.

My guess is they are refering to the Windows Security pop up.  I don't remember getting one from the warframe launcher before.  If you are using a non admin account it asks for the admin account password.  If you are an admin user you get a yes / no type prompt.

Edited by (PS4)Loki1211

Depends on your user account control Windows setting; if it's been turned down all the way, then chances are you won't be asked for a password or an authorisation and it'll just install.

It's easy to see if it's on : just try to run any setup and if a window pops up asking you if you'd like to run the setup, then it's on; otherwise, it's off. If your account is an administrator account, you'll have a YES/NO prompt; if you are a normal user without installation privileges, you'll get a prompt to enter an administrator account password.

Edited by Wiegraf

It depends on your UAC settings.

The launcher update goes into your Windows firewall settings and updates them to work with Warframe's new ports. If you turned off UAC alerts or are presently the administrator of your computer and run the launcher as an administrator by default, you won't be asked for a password.

Some systems require an administrator password before they allow any changes to the firewall or system settings.

It depends on your UAC settings.

The launcher update goes into your Windows firewall settings and updates them to work with Warframe's new ports. If you turned off UAC alerts or are presently the administrator of your computer and run the launcher as an administrator by default, you won't be asked for a password.

Some systems require an administrator password before they allow any changes to the firewall or system settings.

Thanks, that cleared some things up.