Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #36

[DE]Rebecca

I'm aware that you're planning to work on parkour, it's a lot of work, but there's one aspect that needs love in my opinion : the "grabbing edges" system.

The auto grabbing kills the dynamics of movement most of the time (like when you try to do a wall run but result on top of it), while sometimes you would like your warframe to grab an edge and it doesn't.

Is it possible to have the option to have to press a key whenever you want to grab an edge ? (same key as for rolling for instance)

Also, could the animation be faster ?

Questions about Archwing:

1. Will there be different Archwings? If yes will they only differ in Design or will ech Warframe have a unique Archwing or will they have different stats too like for example Archwing A: faster but slower at turning, Archwing B: Fast Turning, slower Movement and so on.

2. How will we get an Archwing? Will it be a quest, will it drop as a BP. And again if there are multiple Designs and they are not unique for each Warframe how will we get the other ones? Will it be as random as with the kubrows, will we have to buy skins for plat, will we have to do another Quest and so on.

Alright, here's what I've got to ask:

-Glaxion; can we expect a buff of some kind any time soon?

-Shotguns and LMG's; are they getting a buff, having missed out on the buffing that occurred for Snipers? My Tigris is waiting for a reload speed buff, and don't get me started on the Supra...

-Enemies; how soon are we getting more variety for the Infested, and possibly the other factions? We saw the new ones in progress at Tennolive, just want to get an idea on what to expect in the coming updates.

-Any thoughts on an Infested Assassin after the idea was brought up a couple streams ago? The derelicts aren't frightening enough, yet!

-Sentients; any work on them to finally show? These guys are one of the kinds of races that keep my interest, so I look forward to anything new on them.

-J3/J4-Golem; anything new to show about its progress? I've been looking forward to beating a new Infested Boss up for their lunch money.

It feels like there's more to ask, but I'll go with these. 

Edited by Krion112

Will we ever see an Excal variant that's available to everyone?

No founder items are to be made available.  DE got a cash influx from us Founders that helped make the game possible akin to crowd sourcing, they will always be exclusive to us

could we possibly have mini quests added with tenno reinfocements  these quests would be litte teasers to larger quests. for example taking the cryotic event. we could have had little quests teasing it such as suddent alerts ect giving us lore on it.

Edited by slykidd

Focus system. We haven't heard about it in quite a long time. Are you still working on it or have you abandoned the concept? Can you share any details?

Movement 2.0. Can we get an update on its progress? We've been waiting for it for a long time. Will it be a part of U15 along with new swimming and underwater tileset or will it come on some other occasion?

This is an older one but:

Are there any plans in the works to increase the number of "viable" weapon builds available?  Right now we have basically three options to maximize weapon potential: raw damage, critical damage, and status chance.  It is almost given that all of these builds will include Serration and Split Chamber, or the equivalent mods. 

What I'm getting at is, are there any plans to tweak the existing mod system or add new mods (notionphil had some suggestions on this, somewhere) that will encourage players to use a greater variety of builds in both casual missions and "endgame" content?

Edit:

Also, would it be possible to reintroduce exclusive weapons and warframes to the Codex view, perhaps with a toggle to hide them from completionists and those overly sensitive to "taunting?"

Suggestions here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/295170-a-suggestion-to-re-introduce-excalibur-prime-and-founders-gear-to-the-codex/#entry3367820

Edited by Temperance000

While the Kubrow customization you implemented is nice there is still way too much involvement and reliance on RNG, even when money has been spent. Could a system be implemented where we can use imprints as a consumable to unlock patterns and colors on a specific Kubrow?

Speaking of Kubrows, the Sunika is the least overall useful Kubrow breed due to it's extremely niche ability that is Unleashed (only leaves it with half usability in overall gameplay), could it have a buff/tweak to make it useful in gameplay outside of Capture?

I know the balancing focus might be on some more recent frames right now, but are the earlier frames going to be looked at as well? Namely Excalibur and Frost, who besides that one ability (Radial Blind and Snow Globe respectively), 3 out of 4 of their powers easily fall short in terms of usefulness on their own and when compared to other frames', especially as levels rise.

What about the upcoming enemies, any progress on them? (Like the Corpus females)

And one more thing, anything on weapon skins, like Nikana scabbards?

Edited by RahuStalker

The last event (operation cryotic front) was a lot of fun. The new gamemode was  -after some minor changes- challenging and interesting.

But some little thing still bugs me about this event:

- Why did you choose a Latron Wraith as a reward? There are a lot of Grineer Weapons that could be used instead (Grinlok, Grakata, Karak,....) but you chose a tenno weapon that already has a "special type" (Latron Prime)

- Any news about our good old friend J3? When will he appear and how? You teased some stuff, but maybe you could show us some new concept art or parts of his level?

- What can you tell us about the upcoming new faction? Any news about their behavior, the design, the weapons?

Maybe a little w.i.p. (work in progress) concept art ? :3

- What about decorating our own ship with some gifts from different missions?
(a plant, vor-bubblehead, a Kubrow Pelt, a easter egg statue, yadayadaya)

In 1 mission of the current Prologue / Tutorial quest "Vors Prize"  we have the choice to do a secondary objective. This is a very interesting idea, but it does not have any consequences.(at the moment)
- What can you tell us about those secondary objectives? How will they show up and how will they change upcoming events/ missions?
Edited by Fabpsi

Can we please get an update on the Focus system?

Can T4 keys get added to the drop tables of other mission types. I am getting tired of playing Interception.

Can we get additional loadout slots, perhaps the option to buy them with platinum?

Edited by xRufus7x

Would be nice to have more than one active incubator slot.

There are several Kubrow actions that require an incubator (breeding, making imprints, deleting kubrows, customizing,...), but we can only perform the actions on one Kubrow at a time.

And is the 3 hours waiting time when switching Kubrows really necessary?

Why didn't you show/talk about new enemies on Tennolive?(Sentients,Pirates? That stuff??)

How many enemies can the engine handle untill crashing?From the Operation Cryotic Front i can see around 30-40 enemies on screen at the same time.

Edited by Harazard

I have a few questions:

1. Why can the Kubrow not automatically walk around the ship, why do you have to always do the ESC? It's a tad annoying.

2. Don't you think that its been long enough, that We should be able to have the ship customization We were promised. And Please let us use the pallets we already have with out having to buy more. As well will you explain what customization options will me have if any other than color.

3.Please I'm dying here. When will there be another quest? Please let it be before U15. And can it include the much needed maintenance for Ordis. As well could there please be an option to change the voice. Would so much rather that it had been a female voice.  Side note can the new quest reveal some much needed lore about Ordis and the ship.

4. Could you please clear up an issue. It has been stated that the Frames will not have or be given voices. Yet Valkyr's scream, and Rhino's roar are in fact voices. So why the contradiction  on this issue?

5. Will we ever be able to do red crits. with melee. It would be nice for those of us that like to go solely melee. (ie. no weapons but melee.)

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

I've seen this in the forums a few times and I'm wondering this myself. How will development of Warframe be managed across the PC and now two consoles (i.e. who gets the love and when)? How are the next versions that get pushed out to consoles decided? Was/Is there a goal of PC to console version parity? What about console parity (looks like we have that now).  Would it ever be possible to have either a cross PC/console or even a console vs. console style event? If not, why not? But wouldn't it be cool if we could?    

short question:

WILL ARCHWING BE ITS OWN GAMEMODE? ... or will it be somethign that can happen at the end of a mission randomly (pls not .... that would be awful !!!!!!)

another short question:

WILL IT BE A FREE-ROAM MODE? or just a cutscene like guided path you fly ...which would be mayorly boring