Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tutoring

BoneBreakerx

If you introduce a cape or mantle (some kind of visual marker) for the "teacher" then I'm in ^^ Would be nice for ppl to know that you can teach them just by looking at you in the HUB.

Just a thought. 

A master and apprentice cloak would be awesome. Aswell as a specially unique icon/title across the players names in all menus. So these Tutors are easily identifiable.

A master and apprentice cloak would be awesome. Aswell as a specially unique icon/title across the players names in all menus. So these Tutors are easily identifiable.

Something like "Oh, this guy has a [T] before his nick, I'll whisper him with my question, he should be able to help me!"?

Maybe additional info and option in matchmaking? "15 Senseis on that node" and "join a session with sensei"

"Master, I fear I'll have to farm for everything in the game."

"Fear not, My young Padawan.   Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to the Stalker."

Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Murder, Murder leads to Stalker, Stalker leads to...

Goddamn 999999th Dread BP
Edited by Angius

this is going to be really interesting with all the boltor prime wielding rhino prime 'Masters' teaching all the newer players, the average skill level will drop dramatically lol

while the best people most suitable to tutor wont even know about the program 

Edited by HAYABU5A

so i was wondering if maybe we could get some kind of tutoring system

where when we activate it we would be grouped with new players and help them along

thoughts?

+1 Here. because I was once in your shoes. Since then I've incorporated a type of mentoring program In my clan. We actually have an FTO/Mentoring Program implemented as part of Our Ranking System. Long story short, When a member reaches one of the our Senior/Mentor Ranks, they are able to recruit/adopt/mentor a recently/new member. They will share, reward, and shape these new players accordingly w/ advice, tests, and challenges, to transform them into an Elite/Veteran Members of the clan--where they will pass the tradition down to the next new member of their own.

I believe the HUB that DE is currently working on now, should provide such an environment of helpful veterans to offer their help to newer players etc to flourish in for the public.

Edited by Eddric

this is going to be really interesting with all the boltor prime wielding rhino prime 'Masters' teaching all the newer players, the average skill level will drop dramatically lol

while the best people most suitable to tutor wont even know about the program 

Then we need someone supervising that, so we won't get tutors being like "Ok, I'll taxi you to Sechura, just camp somewhere and I'll powerlevel for you. After that I'll give you some Boltor Prime parts and we're going to farm Rhino."

What is this HUB people speak of?

It is very rewarding helping newer players find their feet at the beginning of their game experience, and would give players such as the OP (and myself, to a lesser extent) something to do when they have all the mods, resources, credits, platinum, weapons, etc. etc. that they need/want.

What is this HUB people speak of?

It is very rewarding helping newer players find their feet at the beginning of their game experience, and would give players such as the OP (and myself, to a lesser extent) something to do when they have all the mods, resources, credits, platinum, weapons, etc. etc. that they need/want.

HUB - feature incoming in U15. Basically a space station, huge Dojo-like location accessible by everyone, able to host tons of people at once. Equivalent of a town from MMO, with NPCs, player stands, clans recruiting new people, stuff like that.

You know, this sounds interesting.

+1

Must admit, even with the new tutorial, many still confused with how game works. And what's better than an actual player as tutor?

Unfortunately, from what I've experienced, Region chat is not the perfect place to teach them. Many questions asked over and over, to the extend that veteran just go 'whatever' on their question or point them flat out to wiki, even though the question is legit one.

it's also a good way to bridge the gap between high MR and lower MR.

There are need some basis on how someone can eligible of become 'tutor' though, because......well, some already mentioned up there. Perhaps on time played, perhaps on MR, perhaps on how many weapons and frames they've used?

Edited by Lorche

In the meantime, as a veteran player it never hurts new player's impressions of us to offer to jump them to an alert or answer questions when you see one in chat!

Edit: It would also be interesting if "specialized tutors" were an offshoot of this, with users that are experienced with a specific warframe offering lessons on how to use the aforementioned warframe to its best potential. Interest rate = 100%

Edited by Vorsches

I very, very lightly alluded to the upcoming HUBs having role in a pseudo-tutor program in the last Devstream. We'll have more information when it's available but there will be an opportunity for helpful veteran players to offer tutelage in an official way as HUBs come to light, so stay tuned! 

You really need to come up with Orokin/Tenno language for the Jedi/Padawan Sensei/Seito relationship. Custom titles like that will make the whole thing seem much more "real"

You really need to come up with Orokin/Tenno language for the Jedi/Padawan Sensei/Seito relationship. Custom titles like that will make the whole thing seem much more "real"

This.

It can also be used to reveal more on lore regarding ranking system in Tenno society IMO.

Helping new players and learning a bit of lore? Nice.

Edited by Lorche

I'd like to be able to do something like this. I usually try to answer questions that I see in region chat but it's a little harder to help people in missions. Mainly because the matchmaking will likely put people in your group that want to finish as quickly as possible (not that the matchmaking or rushers are a problem to me, but it's not very conducive to teaching people about stuff).

I think the tutorial helped a lot in telling new players the mechanics of the game especially slides and wall-runs. So I think a system like this could further help players looking for a little bit of help.

If they were to come up with tutor names they should just be the mastery rank names I dunno whatever they are but you know what I'm talking about eagle, silver eagle, gold eagle or tiger, silver tiger, gold tiger etc. that way it could tie more into mastery making that system more useful, and once used enough people will just be known by their rank... Like "Oh, there goes a silver eagle! Let's ask him questions". Or super high lvl players will be like "oh there's a novice I can help him because he's a low lvl badger" or whatever... You know what I mean? Would really help explain my point if I actually knew the mastery rank names lol.

so im currently stuck looking at the UI trying to figure out what to do...

got everything in the game except hate and a few mods

and im done formaing every weapon and frame i like

so i was wondering if maybe we could get some kind of tutoring system

where when we activate it we would be grouped with new players and help them along

maybe even having some kind of bonus xp (for ppl still lvling stuff ex. temp affinity booster for the duration of the game?)

thoughts?

LOVE IT

I have been guiding new players for ages now.

I specifically look for new players in region or recruit chat and guide them through, usually untill they reach mastery rank 2 or 3. Then they cut themselves free and go thier own way. I have probably tutored loads of new players this way.

I like doing it, as at mastery 10 I dont have much else to do inbetween large events.

I have quite a few players out there who see me as thier mentor :-)

"Master, I fear I'll have to farm for everything in the game."

"Fear not, My young Padawan.   Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to the Stalker."

Wrong, Hate comes FROM the Stalker :-)

Edited by Veemaxt

• 3 weeks later...

+1 Here. because I was once in your shoes. Since then I've incorporated a type of mentoring program In my clan. We actually have an FTO/Mentoring Program implemented as part of Our Ranking System. Long story short, When a member reaches one of the our Senior/Mentor Ranks, they are able to recruit/adopt/mentor a recently/new member. They will share, reward, and shape these new players accordingly w/ advice, tests, and challenges, to transform them into an Elite/Veteran Members of the clan--where they will pass the tradition down to the next new member of their own.

I believe the HUB that DE is currently working on now, should provide such an environment of helpful veterans to offer their help to newer players etc to flourish in for the public.

Whenever DE implements this please sign me up for the mentor program!