Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Music Preview: Derelict & Void

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno,

Please enjoy a preview of WIP new music coming for the Orokin Derelict and Orokin Void, along with words from DE_George: Sound Designer!

DE_George:

Orokin Void Ambient Music:

These tilesets have sound design elements that are ethereal, bell-like and breathy.  So we wanted the music to complement that tone.  With the music we are aiming to make it religious, majestic, sacred, and holy.  The music should evoke the glory of what the Orokin are fabled to be.  We also wanted it to sound different from all the other music that is currently in the game:

Orokin Derelicts Ambient Music:

When we created the sound design for these tilesets our aim was to make them the opposite of what you would hear in the normal Void levels.  There are a lot of angular and “creepy” sounds in these levels.  The music should also reflect the off-kilter nature of the Derelicts with a lot of dissonance and so we are aiming for the opposite effect of the Void music:

Keep in mind that both of these music cues are still WIP and need final mix and mastering done to them. They will also play back dynamically like all the other music currently in the game (stem approach).  There will also be two different combat pieces that will complement each of these ambient pieces.

Thanks, Tenno!

FYI, if you're getting an error saying that the video is private, check NoScript and mess with permissions.

EDIT: On-topic, the Void one sounds like something I could fall asleep to. So peaceful.

Edited by Vargras

Void is mysterious place from the old days. This is actually really nice lore-wise as well.

I don't really like the fact that there is happy tune in there, i feel like it needs more of sad tone.

(well unless tenno are that hyped about orokin empire in ruins)

Something like this.

beautiful. But Orokin Void sounds like a sacred (positive) ceremonial partly in monastery and a town; Orokin Derelict sound like catacombs of mentioned town/monastery with something lurking in there.

DE are you sure you don't want to create a fantasy movie ?! you will get high rankings for music itself :)

Edited by Cracken

I think both are pretty dang awesome. Love the mysterious feel! Totally looking forward to hearing the compliment battle music and the finished product.

That void one, starts out all 'safe' and gets very 'don't forget where you are, something bad is going to happen'. Love it.

Keep in mind that this is only the out-of-battle Void music. As long as you are not in a fight...you are in nothing less than ancient temples of an overlord race that controlled space (and time) until being overthrown by their own creations.

Expect the battle music to be quite different from that.

Edited by Shehriazad

Outright incredible music. The Derelict sounds like some impending doom is coming as you further explore it. The Void one is great for those quiet breaks in action inside the Void. Both, just wow. I haven't been this excited for set piece ambience in a long time. The choir tones really help drive the music more.

Love it DE. Just Love it