November 7Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

November 7th Community Hot Topics  

2,205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are other frames and weapons that need the love more than Rhino does.  The fact is he's already the most friendly frame for most of the game and has at least 3 useful abilities and is on the community hot topics list, while some of the others are almost completely disregarded (Ember) or stuck with only one ability that people use (Nekros) and cant get a word in edgewise.

This is absurd.

Edited by Malikon

1. Everyone already gives their favorite gear nicknames (I call my Orthos Prime 'Blender of Doom'), but adding this to the game could make things a little messy.  Finding a balance is kinda hard.  If you make the names only client side, there'd be no confusion in gear loadouts in squads but part of the fun of naming something is to show it off.

2. There is only ONE shotgun I will EVER use, and technically I'm not using it.  THE SWEEPER!  Shotguns are almost unnecessary.  Their mechanic makes them at best a mid-range area denial weapon.  The problem is that you can cover the same distance and use a melee weapon and be MORE effective.

3. No.  Just simply NO.

4. I can see this was suggested once people saw how Archwing primaries worked.  But it is a double edged sword.  In one hand you never have to be stuck reloading.  But if you are in a heavy firefight, you can't reload (but I guess that's why you brought that pistol with you.)

5. Now I KNOW I'm gonna catch hell for saying this.  Rhino's Iron Skin and Rhino Stomp need to have their duration effected by mods.  Rhino doesn't get penalized for using Fleeting Expertise like every other frame.  And for those brave souls who don't care about energy efficiency, give them a reason to use Continuity or Constitution.  This would also offer a balance/counter-balance to the abilities.  Max duration: Iron Skin sticks around for a long time, but Rhino Stomp keeps enemies in the air so long you can't reuse it as quickly.  Min duration: Iron Skin takes a few hits, but you do get to stomp spam enemies to death.

6. I think I'll actually rank my favorites and bash the rest.  Hydroid gets a pass, I haven't build him yet.

Loki - He's a God!  No literally, he is.  The only thing I'd change is the screen blur during Invisible.

Rhino - Who doesn't love Rhino.  Iron Skin makes nightmare alerts soloable.

Zephyr - She makes the Odonata sexy and Turbulence lets you cover your squad while moving with them.

Frost - Whether it's defense or extraction, Snow Globe keeps your stuff safe.

Mirage - You're never alone and Disco Ball of Death.

Ember - Some frames just want to watch the world burn ... I'll bring the marshmallows.

Banshee - Silence is truly golden.

Ash - The stun on Smoke Screen will keep Ash in my line-up just because it's so useful against Alad V.

Trinity - Haven't used her since U15.  Only ever used her for Blessing spam (blessing Spam, wonder if that makes it edible).

Nyx - Chaos is handy, but Absorb just doesn't match Snow Globe's usefulness.

Nekros - Desecrate is handy during survival, but Nekros is too squishy to stand on his own (probably why he has Souls of the Dead)

Vauban - Vortex is good (some may even say awesome), but what else do you got Vauban?

Limbo - Fun to play with, but you don't bring a toy to war.

Nova - I'll admit, if I had the mods I have now when I used her, she'd probably rank higher.  I'll give her another shot when prime comes out.

Oberon - I used him before his big update, but I still have no desire to rebuild (unless prime, for mastery points).

Saryn - Loki's Decoy with no range, check.  AoE damage, check.  Boobs, check.  Impressed, no.

Mag - Another frame that might be better with the mods I have now and U15.

Excalibur - The Vanilla Ice of Warframe.

Volt - A walking Amprex (no, that's not a good thing).

Valkyr - Another victim of not having the right mods or U15, but I'm not sure even that would save her.

7. Eris Infested missions are hard enough to navigate, not being able to see would make some maps hell.  But I do enjoy the atmosphere it gave.  Just wish I could have seen Stalker once on Oro (chances are I probably wouldn't have seen him, but still).  Adding a lighter version of the effect might be a nice touch on the Orokin Derelict.

Edited by MithrilDragon

Who are your favorite Warframes? (can choose more than one)

What I want to see are stats on total frame usage per total played time across all players. Maybe in a pretty Kubrow meat pie chart.

Maybe the same could be done for various weapon types/etc. too.

In addition to the Braton Prime/Vandals, Lato variants (Ak, Vandal, Prime) have also been overlooked and have just as much support if not more as the topics that are "hot".   How have these been overlooked this long?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/339665-seriously-de-its-time-to-buff-lato-vandal-aklato-and-lato-prime/

^

SERIOUSLY DE, BUFF THE FRIKKIN BRATONS AND LATOS.

Where's the "No, fog should not be used at all" option?

Roar is a good idea, however it could work so abilities (idk if melee is also affected) gain a buff in damage. It could also give a % health back (25%?) when cast and slight attack speed increase, (it will increase gun fire rate and melee attack speed). However it would have increased cooldown and reduced duration.

Melee attack speed?

HEALING??

REDUCED DURATION??!

Are ye mad, boy?!

Edited by _Kireek_

Custom Weapon Nicknames:

I dont really see a point to this and dont really think I would use it if it was added.  That said I think this could be achieved much better by simply letting us name weapon loadouts. 

Specific weapon loadouts impact a weapon a lot more than the base weapon would, thus naming the weapon would be heavily determined by its design anyway, effectivly naming the loadout anyway. 

The plus to loadout naming however is you can name it in conjunction with a certain build if you want to name your weapon, or you can just give it a loose description if you dont care to name your weapons. 

All players get some use out of the change this way and at the end of the day the name of a weapon is a personal thing.  You dont call your modified sniper rifle Vera because you want others to call it that but becuse it has a personal attachment in that form.

Shotguns:

I feel they are a bit on the low damage side mostly becuse they are the only weapons with drop off (when the issue was more about lacking adequate spread) thus limiting their versatility compared to other weapons without the drop off.

I would personally like to see all weapons have some kind of drop off mechanic, or shotguns not have it and spread be more the concern. As lets face it the issue with Hek that caused drop off to be added wasnt so much the range itself but how clustered the pellets were at the longer ranges.

Yes I'd like to see more of them.

Energy weapon ammo pools:

This could work but also has the negative of it can leave you in major trouble for extended battles (particularly in endless missions or 'bullet soaker' enemies), especially the rapid fire ones like supra and tetra, while for slower missions ammo just isnt even remotly an issue.

Realistically outside of endless and bullet soaker enemies ammo is never an issue.

This also breaks the notion that a lot of energy weapons have charge packs/cells/battery.  Basically clips that give you a certain number of shots before being depleted and then needing to be replaced (most of the current clip animations on energy weapons). 

A energy restoration is more a factor if the weapons themselves have some kind of ability to self recharge (like archwing have their own "engine" to recharge weapons with).

Overall if this is part of a look at how ammo behaves in warframe it could work out, but not all energy weapons should be a blanket regenerating ammunition, heat or energy cells. As how each weapon (individually) makes use of its ammunition mechanic can make them more interesting compared to its peers.

Rhino

I firmly believe Rhino is a good allround frame in its current state and needs no further changes.

Tthe number of players that use the fame should more than show that (I would be supprised if Rhino is not the most used frame overall).

Fog:

I wouldnt like to see this become typical because it would invalidate a lot of gameplay that the infested can provide (tenno are afterall masters of guns and melee).

However as an additional hazard (like fire and cold) that effects enemies and players alike it could be a nice added feature.  Above all though it must effect ranged enemies as it does for players (promoting the use of stealth play for this hazard).  The Buzzsaw was fine for the anchients in that respect, but if they have the harpoon you wount know its coming before it even hits you, likewise ranged enemies would be painfully overpowered as you would have little idea. (it is bad enough the cold doesnt effect enemy shields)

When getting maps with the fog hazard and infested, with corpus/grineer this could also give the infested a little more advantage if the corpus/grineer cant see them coming as well.

Edited by Loswaith

Rhino Charge can and should be replaced with an entirely new power. Its terrible all-around.

Iron Skin can be fixed many different ways. One way is to update the warframe armor system then have armor values affect iron skin. Make the ability recastable. Another option is to return Iron Skin to a duration based ability and have that ability reduce rhino's movement speed. Yet another option is to give iron skin, snow globe mechanics. Alternatively the skin could give an armor or stat bonus based on how quickly it was depleted. 

Roar is the ability I build around and I've noticed that duration has no positive affect on rhinos other abilities. I really think his kit should have abilities with greater synergy.

Rhino

I did not expect to be covering Rhino this week, but as I browsed through the Warframe hot topics, I noticed that a lot of hot topics were discussing the big guy and his abilities. I was surprised because Rhino is a pretty popular Warframe, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for some suggestions and improvements. Would you make any changes to Rhino? Do you think any of his abilities need an update? Can you think of any ideas for Augment mods that would be fun for Rhino? The following Augment mod is currently available to beef up his “Rhino Charge”:
Rhino: Charge: Ironclad Charge: Increases Rhino's armor by % for each enemy hit for x seconds.

Answer the Rhino poll to give your opinion on Rhino’s abilities and comment in the thread to voice your ideas/suggestions!

(As a reminder again, these Community Hot Topic threads are not necessarily indicative of upcoming changes to Warframe. Community Hot Topics are primarily about what is being said by the community and don’t always reflect what is currently under development.)

Also-

One thing that I think is really counter intuitive is that Rhino can't block while iron skin is active.

Activating iron skin should not disable another defensive action like that.

Rhino should be using that in concert with iron skin.

1. I think its a cool idea I would definitely rename my dethcube. I don't as much care about the weapons.

2. I don't use shotgun's.

3. Not really.

4. Personally this sounds cool but if it takes to long to recharge it could cause a problem. Though i think using a warframe's personal energy to recharge or add some benefit to the weapon (say overcharge) would be nice.

5. I like what others are saying about the invulnerability period like rhinos frost shield.

6. I like ember(I dont use her but she works well with another warframe i use.) Nyx, Limbo, and Frost.

Excalibur + frost still need looking at there half complete still!

all lato's + braton's need a looking at

some mod cards still need looking at such as the mods that give cold damage which only gives 60 per cent

light melee weapons need a looking at such as heat dagger which has low speed compared to now the buffed melee

I am to tired to tell why I voted on the different answers, but there is one I absolutely must comment on.

The fog for the infested. I voted "for all missions" but now, I kinda regret it. I don't really care how you do it, as long as you do it. :D

Infested are my absolutely favorites, and I wanna feel terrified when I play against them. Remember the old AvP game?

Playing as a Marine, against Aliens were terrifying. I want that feeling.

Also, I am such a big idiot, but I forgot to vote "Ember" as one (of many) favorite frame.

Now I'm going to bed.

Edited by dgpainkiller

phage is only good shotgun

EDIT: Rhino for beginners and for every type missions

Nekros for survival or farming ( You **** Your survival mission without 

nekros )

Vauban for infested defence

Valkyr for every mission ( similiar to rhino , but hysteria makes immortal , but only melee 

attack )

Frost for defence ( with nova , nyx and loki p )

Edited by (PS4)urkonse

1. Do you like the idea of being able to give custom nicknames to your gear?

I vote "Yeah sounds fun", but if it contain a lot of codding work, then i prefer DE to fix recent problem before doing this.

2. In your opinion, how do shotguns compare to other weapon types overall?

It true that shotgun is strong as the data shown, but secondary weapon shotgun is stronger than primary weapon shotgun. That my conclusion after using multiple shotgun. 

3. Would you like to see more shotguns added to the Warframe arsenal?

I don't mind to see more shotgun, even with the current shotgun status. 

4. In your opinion, should energy weapons have unique ammo pools that do not rely on pickups?

In my opinion, energy weapons is different to bullet weapons, a unique ammo pools is a good idea.

5. In your opinion, which Rhino abilities need a revision the most?

In my opinion, Rhino does skills is work fine, but the augment mod is just no very useful to me, i would rather put a max steel fiber for him, better than charge around with rhino charge to gain armor, i would Rhino charge everywhere for other purpose. 

6. Who are your favorite Warframes?

My favorite warframe would be Frost, this warframe bring me to this game. It might not strong as Nova(clearing map), Nyx, Vauban (CC!), Sayrn, Excalibur, Rhino (fight like a warrior, supporting), Ember, Hydriod (interesting Skills), the design of him is plain, some flaw of the skills, but still nice warframe.

7. Should the fog from the Halloween Alert be used in normal infested missions?

It nice, not necessary for every infested mission, it would be nice if adding new mission objective in the related mission too.

As far as suits needing love, Rhino's doing alright... (Aside from Valkyr completely replacing him as the local tank.)

Look no farther than *Ember P*, Frost P, Mag P, Excal P... All other Prime frames have some sort of stat boost over their non-Prime counterparts, Ember doesn't even get a single additional polarity slot [meaning you farm for her parts purely for her cooler look].

Frost should probably get the same speed boost that Rhino got.

Ember should probably get the same energy boost that Loki got (or armor, like Nyx).

Mag [obviously] warrants a shield boost.

Excal would likely get armor, or a small boost to health and shields. (Before people complain about Excal being unavailable, lets not pull a 'Nerf Snipetron Vandal!!1!1' again...)

Edited by Alkira

- Would love to name every one of my rifles 'Vera'. However, there's no need for other players to view the names given.

- Shotguns, by nature of their design, have inherent range and falloff damage issues. As an avid hunter/shooter, I use shotguns for close range work such as moving targets/birds called within range or flushed by dogs. I wouldn't use a shotgun for long range shooting/hunting, because even if I hit the target, penetration would suffer greatly. I believe this is modelled in the game perfectly, and should not be changed (ignore those that want full damage from a shotgun all the way across a map). What is not modelled well, is close range damage. Shotguns are best for up close and dangerous prey, that is why they're arguably the best weapon for home defense. This glaring defect can be fixed by increasing the crit percentage of shotguns and shotgun crit mods greatly. This would not only make shotguns more viable in endgame maps, but also more appealing to those that enjoy aggressive gameplay. If all shotguns ingame were high-crit based up close, yet not so much at range (as they are in real life), it would make them not only more viable- but also not OP to the point where other weapons would become obsolete.

- Make shotguns more dangerous when up close and personal, and you'd definitely be able to introduce more to the game for a small, yet powerful, shotgun loving player base.

- Energy weapons do need a different ammo type than standard rifle ammo, but rechargeable is sketchy. If my Amprex or Opticore recharged in between bursts like the Archwing gun already does, that would be okay.

- Rhinos are pretty much good as are, except for the Rhino Charge. As shown above in the video showing the Spidey rhino, I'd like to see RC used more for CC than mobility. As far as Iron Skin, I can only say that I agree it should draw way more aggro. Other than that, it's fine as is- It should be less viable at endgame, lest we see more mindless gameplay with skin spammers standing around tanking a T4 Defense pod while Stomping/Shooting floating mobs like they do in low-tier maps. I run my Rhino Prime in T4 towers all the time with no problem, because I know my Iron Skin is no longer viable at that stage, and that I need to play smarter.

- While I enjoy all of the frames I have (I have most), I do enjoy the Saryn and Zephyr frames the most. Each could use a little tweaking to some skills, but that can be said of EVERY frame. Limbo needs the most work, as of now it's a bit difficult to know whether or not you accidentally banished a teammate because he ran in front of your cast, until he's screaming in Squad Chat that he can't kill anything. Then, good luck finding him to un-banish.

- I liked the Hallow-Fog, it was a fresh change from the norm. I can appreciate those that didn't due to FPS hits, though.

My personal favorite Warframe is Excalibutt.... after playing every Warframe and every DD, Caster or whatever... I belevie Excalibutt is the most balanced but still OP Frame in the Game so far... I do also think he just looks perfect... (mmmmhhhh with his avalon helmet :3 )

:D

warframe10001qdc4ka6of.jpg

selfie King *~*

Edited by Defes7

About Rhino:

I think this frame already haves too many advantages.

People complain about his iron skin not having balance, yet he already haves allot of health and shields, and we are talking about a secondary ability, which is cheap and easy to recast over and over.

This frame is very overpower full, and yet his ultimate not only deals damage but also stun-locks the enemy for a long time.

He haves so many advantages you keep seeing this frame in almost all random matchmaking sessions.

Edited by 7grims

The favourite warframe poll was kind of hard to see at a glance and I was interested so I put them in order. Figured I might as well post it in case anyone else wants to see. Expect it to be outdated almost immediately of course, but the general order has probably mostly settled down by now.

1. Loki 620
2. Excalibur 528
3. Nyx 501
4. Valkyr 477
5. Rhino 462
6. Ash 434

=6. Vauban 434
8. Nova 422
9. Volt 416
10. Zephyr 393
11. Frost 369

=11. Mirage 369
12. Nekros 318
13. Oberon 306
14. Saryn 298
15. Trinity 279
16. Limbo 251
17. Mag 243
18. Ember 227
19. Hydroid 191
20. Banshee 190

Banshee looks cool, and some of her abilities are kind of useful. She's not the best but I don't think she deserves to be down there with Hydroid. Hydroid is just terrible in almost every way.

Excal in second place is a bit of a surprise, he is the poster boy and I know he has fans but I didn't think they were such a big group.

Other than that... pretty much what I expected to be honest.