Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #41 + Aftershow!

[DE]Rebecca

Questions:

1. Will neural sensors be added to more nodes? Or will you increase the drop rate? Salad V is really &!$$ed at me for killing him so many times.

2. It would be really nice to be able to name the different configs you setup for your warframes or weapons. After a while, when I return to using a specific warframe, I am not longer sure which config is meant for which playstyle. If I can name them to something sensible (which is understandable to me), I won't have to spend time understanding the setup I already had. What I am asking is not the same as Loadouts.

3. Grenade indicators - Will we ever get them?

4. Syndicate Points Rollover - Once we reach max points for a certain level, before we sacrifice, can we have points roll over. Something similar to mastery points.

5. Building multiple items in foundry - Why can't I build multiple formas at once? It would be nice to have this ability. The resources need are already a constraint anyways.  

6. Sliders for mods

Edited by democrator

Hey DE!!!!  :-)

Questions:

-1.  I feel that Archwing missions achieved the goal of making you feel very small.  However, I literally cannot see my team mates at all unless we are just completely stopped and adjusting closer to each other.  I am just wondering if you all have noticed the same thing or if anyone agrees with me.  This isn't really a problem for the enemies for me.   I would really love to be able to better see my teammates however.  

TL:DR:  I feel that teammates feel too small in archwing as well as some enemies. Would it be possible to make them more visible/bigger without ruining the "make the area feel HUGE" effect that makes archwing so epic?

-2.  Several streams ago I believe it was mentioned that we may be able to create something in the Foundry to rush Kubrow Stasis, is this still something that you all are considering?

-3.  I absolutely love the design of the Drahk Masters and the Drahk's - I want to be a Drahk Master!  It would be very cool to see these be obtainable as a companion somehow, either as just a type of Kubrow that can be bread for pure "looks"  or as a whole new Kubrow with different abilities.  Is this something you all would consider/have considered?

and most importantly:

-4.  Would you all mind going into detail a bit about what is coming Controller wise for PS4, XBox One, and even PC Controller users as far as QoL improvements / Archwing controls/ possibly an entire separate binding for archwing missions and whether or not the option to bind our context action with our reload button will be added as it is now on PC for the keyboard?  

Sidenote:  For toggle crouch players like myself, would separating the "Roll" and "Crouch/Slide" binds get rid of the small delay that is there when using a Dualshock 4 on PS4?  as Tapping the button = roll, but Holding the button = Crouch or Slide. When Crouch Roll and Slide are all on the same button I think this causes a small delay to register, "did the user tap or hold the button?".

After playing some with a keyboard and mouse on the PC I badly want that snappy reaction time that the Keyboards and mouses have when toggling crouch and sliding etc...  

Thank you in advance should any of these be asked during the stream!!!  :-)

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
typos

With the recent change to Warframe abilities and how they're handled, are we still going to get universal abilities that can be equipped on any Warframe (e.g. Radial Blast)? If so, can you tell us approximately when that will happen? Since abilities aren't mod drops anymore, how would those abilities be obtained? Would they be crafted, or obtained through a quest, or dropped in purple orb form from a certain enemy (maybe Eximus units)?

I have a few questions.

1) Daggers: Will they get a better look? The most recent "change" was just for the Pointed Wind stance. Daggers (and even dual daggers) are very lacking in terms of overall stats, mainly attack speed.

2) Different variations for stances? For Nikana, each stance changes the way the sword is wielded. Could that also apply to future stances and possibly some older ones as well?

3) Improved mobility and stealth. I know you said stealth is a gradual thing being worked on, but another way to help it is adding more hidden areas to move across (ledges, tunnels, sewers, etc.), and maybe more ways of getting to said areas? Wall-to-wall jumping (not just wallrunning up and backflipping multiple times), using wall/environment cover leaning, using railing or grates on the ceiling to climb on (for drop attacks).

My selection of questions for this time, some new some old. I hope i didn't forgot those which got answreed.

Q1. Why are the Skana and Lato the only starter choices which aren't Mk-1 variants of more potent weapons? Both are quite prominent in your promotional material (just take the Excalibur statue for example), so shouldn't these two be better than being reduced to quickly forsaken starter gear?

PS: AkLAto has less damage than regular Lato since Update 14.

Q2. Any chance you might bring the old (circular saw) weapon Sawman back? I loved how you could sum up the Grineer approach to warfare with this unit. Also the Ancients during the Halloween missions gave me a bit of nostalgia.

Q3. How many people on the team are working on the Warframe and weapon balancing? Is it only Scott or is there a team for that? With the ever increasing number of weapons you add to the game, it seems like a sisyphosian* task for just one man to balance all that, while also being responcible for other parts in development.

*In case the name confuses someone. Sisyphos is a figure in greek mythology, forced to push a stone up a hill only to see it roll down again, having to repeat that action every day.

Q4. What exactly qualifies a weapon as clantech and what qualifies it as freely obtainable via the market (in blueprint form)? Is it something decided yet or will you revisit this later in development?

Q5. Why do you put new backround lore regarding the Orokin into the Warframe descriptions instead of giving it it's own section in the codex? Shouldn't Warframe descriptions be about how to best use a Warframe and what they represent, instead of throwing random trivia bits at the player?

Q6. Has the idea of introducing a manual knockback recovery option, aka. handspring mechanic, gone anywhere or have you dropped the concept for now?

Scott mentioned he talked with the animators about it some livestreams ago. Likewise some Warframes allready seem to have a flip up animation which is displayed after being revived.

Q7. How exclusive are event weapons which are reskins of regular ones, like those under the Wraith and Vandal label? Meaning, will these ever be rewarded again or are they exclusive to those who earned them during past events, similar to the original founder pack items?

If they are rewarded again, what prices would those get who allready have one?

Q8. The new Europa (ice planet) tilsets have turned out very good. Great work! Any plans on expanding the solar system by making other Jupiter or Saturn moons sectors too? For example Io and Titan. What about Earth's moon?

Question:

Will Trinity's augmented first ability : Pool of life be changed to something more fitting to her supportive role ?

Giving a warframe which has ability to restore health and energy in almost unlimited quantities,augmentation to fisrt ability drop some healths orb with a chance to drop energy orb is some kind of joke for me. Her first skill was supposed to be a low energy cost alternative for Blessing but in current state is useless. Maybe change it to some kind of aura with  health regeneration for players inside of it (it could work the same way as EV but instead of energy restore health).

Will Archwing ever be incorporated into normal missions? 

1. Fly around

2. Kill some enemies

3. Lotus: "Enemy frigate approaches; board it and kill the crew."

4. Resume Archwing.

Moving in between ground and Archwing, back and forth during a mission, completing different objectives,  would be AWESOME.

A few questions

1. How is the progress on J3-Golem?

2. How are Tethra's Doom, Breeding Grounds and Cryotic Front mods going to be implemented? Destroy Balor Formorian, get a Tethra's Doom Mod, kill J3-Golem get Breeding Grounds Mod and; Cyrotic Front, how about we show Europa a little more love by adding those mods to the Excavation drop table, only on Europa.

3. So far, everyone pretty much hates Limbo's Cataclysm for not being able to pick up mods within the bubble. Is this going to be changed?

4. With Once Awake here for 14.2 threading the Infested into the Quest Lore, is Corpus going to get the Quest love next?

5. Last Devstream, the concept of a Reputation Multiplier for higher ranking sigils was brought up. Are we going to see that Soon™?

Edited by FMZerek

Question 1:
My friends got me into playing this game and started loving it for its aesthetic/cosmetic variations. That said, when will the Kubrows be getting theirs and I really hope its soon cause aside from the fur pattern, the Kubrows are really just plain long fur-dogs with not much eye candy. I kinda want to see a kubrow have its own awesomeness while standing beside a fully pimped-up warframe.

Question 2:
Is there a possibility that we can have the "Augment Ability" to have a slot of their own? There's just too much penalty or the trade-off isn't sufficient for an "Augment Ability" for it to exist on builds. Its like it breaks the conventional Law of Equivalent Exchange. I dislike the idea of being able to just play under one build. Most of my Warframe(s) utilize (after U15) almost all if not all of the available skills.

Oh Nice but my questions are too bad anyways here's my question

Question 1: Will you add more starter warframe slots and weapons? if you do just add 1 slot for the warframes and maybe 2 weapon slots :3

Question 2: Are gonna expand the map of archwing maybe make it a little bit free roam.

Question 3: Are you gonna add some grenades? The factions have grenades except the Tennos.

(I think I know why the tennos don't have grenades because they're Ninjas.:3)

Question 4: Are you Devs gonna add more prime warframes?

That is all thank you DE. :)☺

Edited by LordHelios438

Two questions: 

1.) Aren't sentinels and sentinel weapons due for a look-over? I've hardly ever used a sentinel because of that "Cannot save this loadout: sentinel weapon and primary weapon share the same mod" thing. IMO we shouldn't have to rank up two Serrations (for one example) and then try to remember which one goes on our primary weapons and which one goes on our sentinel weapons. Maybe it's time for sentinel weapons to get their own mod set, or for another such solution to be reached to make using sentinels less annoying? 

2.) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/340079-question-for-devs-ragdoll-physics-and-pre-made-enemy-death-animations/?view=findpost&p=3804901

It's been famous since the release, Syndicate rep. It's a very hard thing to get and takes quite some time to rank up. Is there going to be ways to gain rep faster or any notable changes to the system? And will we see any expansions upon the rewards and opportunities within the syndicates?

Edited by TerraNovaX

Question 1:

Are we going to see a limited time sale for some of the old prime accesories in the in game market in the future?

Question 2:

Regarding to the issue of having low frame rates or performance in game. I know that window xp is getting optimized (or probably already finished). But will other systems like windows 7, windows 8 etc. get optimized also?

Edited by Last_0rder

When will Primed Chamber be released?

Any information on Soma Prime?

How is the focus system coming along?

Have new progress to show in regards to the player hubs?

Can we have a player shop in the liset that is tied to a global market? The trade chat is one hell of a cluster &$%* and yes, I censored myself.

Last question, where is Scott? Does not feel the same without him on the dev-stream.  

1. What is DE's rationale on Prime weapons being superior to their original counterpart? 

If DE insists that Prime should be vastly superior, then I propose a way to "upgrade" the original. For example, you can farm for a "Prime Upgrade Kit" that transforms your original gun into a prime version. So we can keep the original version because sometimes the original gun has a lot of sentimental value (I feel very attached to my Soma and would hate to throw it away once the superior Soma Prime comes out). 

2. Eventually the weapons that can be primed would run out. Why not just introduce all original weapons/frames/gears as Void drops? 

Only one question this time, about Syndicate Alerts:

Why not change the Grineer/Corpus enemys on Syndicate Alert to Syndicate soldiers? 

Ex.: Arbiters of Hexis have an active Alert of Exterminate. The enemies we will find during the mission would be Red Veil's grunts. That way we can have more units and more drop variantions.

I love the archwing missions, but there are only a few of them. My question is can a navigation segment could be made just with archwing missions? For example the Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter, or the Kuiper Belt just after Neptune, could be the navigation segment, and if no, then will there be any more archiwing missions?

Will Archwing ever be incorporated into normal missions? 

1. Fly around

2. Kill some enemies

3. Lotus: "Enemy frigate approaches; board it and kill the crew."

4. Resume Archwing.

Example of said Frigate I've been 3d Modeling:

d2srAyj.jpg

tTCIuWY.jpg

Enjoy the zoom ;)

That seems much more like an extension of archwing than a use for archwings in normal missions.

Interesting fingernails--what's the significance, if any?  Are they referring to a date?

I wanted to say I love the new Archwing mode, as well as the Syndicates, Sigils, pretty much everything about Update 15 besides a few small things that DE has already said that they're working on.

I have a some questions:

1.  Will we ever be able to use any warframe abilities in archwing missions?  I know that at one point you guys were looking at making all of them work, but I'd be satisfied with maybe one (or two) from each warframe.  If not, will you be making it so that there are other benefits to choosing warframes besides the ones with the highest health/shield/armor/stamina/sprint speed? 

2.  When will Elytron's abilities be fixed? **fixed with latest update**

3.  The loss of two mod slots has eliminated a lot of the customization options for players such as myself, who really enjoyed focusing on one or two skills in certain warframes and maxing them out--even if that meant putting 5 forma on them.  While I appreciate the granting of all four abilities, I was kind of hoping that the new ability augments would make up for the loss...and they haven't, for certain warframes (IMO).  Furthermore, we lost two slots but retained 30 points of mod capacity, plus the aura bonus.  In many cases that means that there is no reason to forma your warframe more than once or twice if you throw a Reactor on it.  Will we ever see a reason to invest 4-6 forma into warframes again?

4.  Would it be possible to get an extra mod slot solely for the Syndicate ability augments on warframes?  Maybe it could be something we earned from the Syndicates themselves--with a capacity that is increased by gaining status with the Syndicates themselves?

5.  Trinity's augment "Pool of Life" is kind of disappointing.  It would be nice if, instead of making it drop health orbs, it instead turned the affected mob into a sort of healing "slave":  everything stays the same (higher HP, healing pulses), except that it follows Trinity around like a kubrow that doesn't attack.  This would make it so that she always has something to Link to nearby and the healing pulses stay localized to her, while taking away one of her damaging Links.  It also goes well with the healing/vampire theme.

6.  What do we have on the (not too far) horizon for Archwing?  Again, I have to give you guys kudos on it--it's a lot of fun, and I loved the challenge of Uranus.

7.  Will we ever see the Corrupted in Archwing missions?

8.  Have you ever considered adding some sort of platinum-buyable augment to the foundry that would reduce build times permanently?  Maybe like a 500 plat upgrade that would permanently halve build times? 

9.  Will we ever be able to collect resources in Archwing Missions?

10.  Can you make it so that Kubrows try to get behind you, rather than between you and whatever you're shooting at?

11.  The Sentients:  tell us moar!

I'll have my moustache on for the event :)

Edited by fadeinlight

Question/statement:

We all know "endgame" is a huge issue for the community. I believe the current problem is that Warframe is focused on endless mission types with ever-larger swarms of bullet sponge enemies. Instead, bosses would be a better focus for endgame content. I often look at Vindictus as an example of a game where everything is about the boss fights, and the boss fights are everything fun about the game. The key point that makes boss fights in Vindictus fun is the constant challenge and learning curve to them. You make a mistake, you get stunlocked and die. You should always clearly know that it was your fault you died. You should always feel like you could do this thing better, or faster, or with fewer actions, or by taking less damage.

I believe Vay Hek is an example of Warframe trying to have this kind of challenge, but failing. He randomly throws out a giant energy drain attack that's impossible to dodge 90% of the time. Frustration mechanics are to be avoided and the player should never feel like they had no control over what happened.

I'm learning that players feel this game is theirs, and it's an interesting development coming from other MMOs.  At the same time, there are some substantial issues I've got to raise.

1) When will we be able to change the camera location?  I ask because more than once I did something, and the camera locked right behind my warframe's head.  Facing a mission, and only seeing about 45% of the regular vision field, is impossible.

2) When will stealth matter?  You've got stealth weapons, silent kills, but absolutely no reason to use it unless you've lost the lottery and have to get 10 stealth kills for your extra affinity.

3) When can we expect an overhaul of the archwing mechanics?  It's a fun diversion, but after discovering that a group of 2 enemies can absolutely decimate me I was done.  It's awesome to use the sword, but I was under the impression that an archwing is space combat, not a bum rush into sword range, and a prayer that the enemy doesn't have better shields than you.

4) When is the Kubrow AI going to be improved?  I thought the huge investment and time spent levelling a Kubrow would be worth it.  Instead my Kubrow seems to rush ahead, get slaughtered, and then have an attitude when I couldn't revive it amidst a huge mob.  Between that, and the lackluster opening of lockers I'm not seeing a reason why Kubrows are worth more than a good sentinel.

5) When are you going to slow down on content, and start some optimization?  I'm running a 3930k and 7970 card, but there are still point where my system suddenly locks up and drops down to 1/2 to 1 FPS.  It's annoying when I'm in a clear room, but deadly in the midst of a mob.

6) Making a complex question short; are daggers ever going to be worth the time?  There are an extremely limited selection, their base damage is miserable, and they are out classed in every way by something else.  If they could have a huge chance of causing procs. I'd see the value, but right now they're a functionally useless niche in the Affinity collection system.  I'd like to have a reason to keep one, rather than selling them immediately upon reaching level 30.

I'm not in the mood to thank you for this game, given that there's still a good reason it's a beta.  What I do want to thenk DE for is their continued effort, making F2P a reasonable proposition, and listening to their community.  I cannot think of a grind heavy game I've ever played that's kept my attention this long, and still remained fun.  I can't give higher praise than that, because calling a game fun means it has done is job well.

Your removed our ability-mods and slots (2 or 4, whatever, we don't have ability-mods anymore), and then you added Augment Mods which are completely equal to old ones -- changing the mod name/type does nothing. According your earlier

statement that's really weird and the situation totally is «cut off your nose to spite your face»:

«The current Ability Mod system means players sometimes sacrifice an Ability (or more) in favour of a different mod, leaving a Warframe’s power set incomplete. The next phase of Warframe Abilities aims to maintain a complete Ability set for every Warframe that is based on progression, while offering more choice for modding. Fundamentally, this new system improves versatility without having to sacrifice any Abilities»

And here we go.

Nothing has been changed. Because if you re-modded your frames after Ability re-work you have to un-equip some of yours mods, so you could put the new ones (and there will be more and more of them).

And the question is will those Aug-mods be moved from Frame mod-slots, or, at least, will they be consumable without wasting our mod-slots?

There's a new «Abilities» tab in our Arsenal -- is it possible to move Aug-mods to this section, so it would be really worthwhile to grind earn «ludicrous» amount of RPs?

Edited by Spectre-Agent