Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #41 + Aftershow!

[DE]Rebecca

The September 26th Community Hot Topics had players split down the middle about Desecrate; some think that it should at most be buffed to activate 100% of the time, others want it replaced entirely and for loot tables to be compensated. How do you view Desecrate's infamy and assertions that Nekros is a necessity in regards to grinding for rare drops, Survival difficulty, etc?

Did the idea for Augments spawn from the long-awaited Universal Ability mod idea you conspicuously stopped talking about?

Where are we on immortal skins for Trinity and the 4 latest frames? It's hard to give Zephyr a clean, dark palette with all of those immutable grey lines outlining every colorable space...

Edited by Archwizard

1: This question is going to get asked by everyone, so I might as well ask too. What are your ideas for Syndicate daily missions in the future? Hail the Veil.

As is, the missions are just basic missions with the appropriate Syndicate representative appearing at the start. I am sure there is more planned, and I would love to hear about your goals for it. For example, are the missions going to be similar to past Darvo Alerts, where the mission has a story to it? Are they going to have a higher chance for invasions from other Syndicates? Will they have special aspects, like requiring full stealth? I just want to see where you guys are heading with them :p

2: This is also Syndicate related. What are your potential plans for Syndicate Spectres?

Right now, you buy 5 for 2,500 standing, and you throw out a sometimes useful unit that tends to die right away. Is there a chance they will (or have without my realizing it) get the same treatment Syndicate invaders have? In other words, will they get a massive health boost? That would help keep them alive for more than a minute or two. On the topic of Spectres in general, how about making their level use the current scaling but apply to the current enemy level? That would make them useful later in missions. Throw one out at wave one against level 25 enemies to get a level 30 Spectre, or throw one out at wave 50 against level 95 enemies to get a level 100 Spectre.

Also, please change Steel Meridian's unit of choice. Rollers are a nuisance, but they are by no means threatening. They just feel so...out of place, ya know?

Also also, any future possibility of adding groups of Spectres to the pile? In other words, could I buy something that makes me throw out 3 Spectres? I think that would be pretty great (although very powerful). I'd be fine with just being able to buy higher leveled Spectres, though.

3: This is a question I've been meaning to ask for ages. Will we ever see the Parry/Counter system ever get fleshed out more?

Parrying and Counterattacking (frontal finishers) are awesome, but is there any chance they will get some love? They are rarely seen due to the few and sometimes sometimes difficult ways of initializing them, and the animations can admittedly sometimes drag on or just take too long. Also, their full damage isn't always delivered, and that bug drives me nuts. I'd personally love to see these more often in combat, and it's a shame all of those really great animations go to waste through underuse.

long description of what I mean:

As is, there are many really awesome animations for frontal and stealth finishers, but they are often hard to initiate or dependent on powers or stances. For example, the only time I have ever seen another player actually use a frontal finisher is after I or they have used Valkyr's Paralysis.

A lot of work went into making these animations, so why are they so rarely seen? Not many people know how to Parry, and most people don't even know you can. By Parry I mean the effect the mod "Parry" can give or the art of doing it itself. Have your melee weapon out > Block > Channel right as an enemy's melee strike connects. That must be done just to set an enemy into that stunned state, and the finisher prompt doesn't always come up until you move closer. Plus, the window for the timing is very small, so they are hard enough to pull of in the middle of combat.

I honestly don't know what else there could be done to it to make them easier or more consistent to pull off (again, I'm the only person I ever see doing them), and seemingly no one is willing to use the mod likely because they don't even know what it does. If just block + channel would stagger and the mod Parry would just decrease the energy cost, I'd be plenty happy. That might encourage people to give it a shot, too.

Piggybacking off of that, question 3.5 (I totally lied about 3 questions) is this: will finisher animations get tweaked and adjusted to flow more smoothly? At this point, they can be pretty jarring and sudden, and some have a few jerky movements.

Some of the finishers (first in my mind is Venka's frontal finisher) seem to take longer than they need to, and the application of damage at the very end of the animation doesn't quite work. You grab the enemy and throw them, they hit the ground, and they sort of lie there for a moment (with both of you stuck in the animation) before finally taking damage. The damage, if it kills them, can then makes them stand up and do a death animation.

4: This one really pains me. I noticed with U15, as have many others, that Sahasa and Sunika Kubrows got a rather severe nerf to their grapple finishers that I feel was quite unnecessary. What are your feelings on the matter, and what brought about this nerf?

For clarity of the "nerf":

Enemies now have a chance to throw off a Sahasa or Sunika Kubrow that goes to grapple them. However, there are some very major problems with this. The grapple animation does absolutely 0 damage and takes a very long time to finish. This ties your Kubrow (and the enemy) up for several seconds with absolutely nothing getting accomplished. The enemy is also completely immune to damage during this excruciatingly long animation, so you can't even speed it up at all. All you can do is watch for 5-6 seconds as they dance. To make matters worse, the animations for Kubrow and enemy often de-sync, causing them to be misplaced or awkwardly far apart.

Those problems wouldn't be quite so bad if it weren't for this last one. The chance for this grapple-cancel to happen is just way too high. 90% of my Kubrow's attempts to grapple an enemy since U15 have met with failure. This has resulted in him dealing significantly less damage, being far less reliable especially at higher levels, and just slowing things down. It really pains me to see that, as I love the guy and bring him on every single mission without fail. Such a rough nerf just feels...pretty messed up, honestly.

I've watched my level 30 Sahasa with every single mod maxed on him grapple a level 5 Lancer for several seconds while accomplishing nothing. After said animation, the Kubrow proceeded to just bop him with his noes and cut the guy in half. With how little difficulty he has killing anything (I've seen his normal attacks just instantly kill level 40-50 Heavy Gunners), the grapple cancels make even less sense. I'd even be happy if they just became less common with increased Maul (or Ferocity/Savagery). In its current state, though, something is very rotten in the state of Denmark.

Thanks!

Edited by Vyrnaazus

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority ?

- For the Syndicates, why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to them ? How does this maintain the Balance ? Doesn't it only make the Syndicate we pick gain a technological edge over the others ? Does it also not make us lose our own technological edge ? If everyone has access to the same technology we have, how can we maintain the Balance ? How does siding with any Syndicate for that matter maintain Balance ?

The way I see it now, is just me joining them because Lotus told me to do it. My only other option would be to not join any Syndicate because joining means a disruption of the Balance, but that means I won't get to participate in this part of the game, which was -afaik- intended to be played.

Please give me a lore-related reason to join Syndicates, or make the Lotus request us to do so once we gain access to them.

- For the Focus system, are the lenses something we use like the potatoes, and should slap on every single bit of gear we equip so as not to waste the xp, in case we tend to swap between weapons/frames every few missions to keep things fun ? Or will it work more like an Aura/Stance, in that we only obtain one ( or one per type ) and can equip it in multiple weapons/frames ?

1.Any update on community made skins?

2.I am wondering if you guys considered adding lore in a different way to codex entries and quests, through audio/video/text logs that players can find throughout the solar system randomly and semi randomly.

Similar to the way DCUO does it, works extremely well for the small details and for creating a constantly engaging and compelling universe, here is my thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/262718-how-to-leak-more-lore/

3.Have you considered to overhaul the way we receive older frames from bosses? As in add a quest for every single one of them

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/316508-how-to-farm-a-warframe-boss-part-farming-feedback/

4.Update on Focus?

5.Update on more community made content?

6.When will Kubrows receive their much needed general improvements?

Thanks and have a great day! :)

Trading....

1. can we please see inventory when in Dojo? Sneaky solo traders cant see their wares unless they re-board their Lisets.

2. ahh don't worry the above will do for now. 

Archwing....

1. more mission types please :-) doing a capture in a trench run would be suhweeeeeet.

2. dropped mods are hard to find ...how about making them glow/pulse more

3. map orientation...its confusing in space without comparative altitude....how about rendering mini-map and hostiles to a transparent globe? 

4. out of map errors and lag....how about sparsely laid beacons to mark mission map edges. Failing the mish because we went off map lol. Maaaan. it just looked sooo pretty. >.<

Kubrows...

1.Armor ftw!

2.Renaming....for the grammatically challenged

Your doing an awesome job...it ain't easy... my clan/alliance appreciate all the updates and fixes. Movember charity is a winner!

Cheers!

ps: Will we be able to eventually dock our Liset's to our Dojo's? Or Player Hubs? now for that new pimpin paint job, fluffy dice, fox nipple chrome plated door handles and handbrake turn parking :P ok ok ignore the last paragraph.

Can we consider making the assassins (Stalker, Grustrag 3, Zanuka Hunter, Syndicate Squads) more interesting? As it is now, one of two things happens:

You're running with enough people or powerful enough gear that you wipe your attacker out of existence before the fight starts, or you're by yourself and the reverse happens.

The syndicate squads are a slight exception in that you can run away from them. As long as you have a weapon capable of taking out high level enemies or strong CC, you're good.

It'd be really nice to have the assassins scale their stats and behavior based on the number and strength of the squad they attack. I want to have a lengthy and challenging fight with the stalker! Not a short and unsatisfying/punishing one.

I made a post in the fan concept section about a Syndicate mission idea. Here is the link

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/343014-concept-syndicate-invasions-and-excess-resources/#entry3831054

What future events/missions are planed to take the fight to your opposing factions, instead of waiting for them to attack us?

Will we see a change to the resource system? As in instead of recieving the finished product we recieve pieces to make them ourselves.

Using credits to pay for foundry items seems odd now that we have a ship and a console to interact with. Who are we paying, Ordis? Would it not make more sense to make the crafting cost an energy of some type, that we have to load into the Foundry and have to replenish inorder to craft items?  We have tons of resources and nothing to do with them. Maybe have an NPC in the hub have a shop we can go to. We bring in the resources, money, and they make it for us.

P.S. I agree with TenStorms above. I really enjoy the Archwing missions, but I have to take breaks because running them back to back makes me a bit nauseous

Edited by Jinkaza

Are You ever going to give the enemy the tools to combat the spamming of destructive or control powers. This line of sight thing ain't working and none of the nerfs over the years have done anything at all, not one thing to make the game more challenging. All nerfs do is piss people off and make them use vulgar language. Make things less appealing, this game less fun. You rarely buff the enemy and that actually works. keep doing it. You gave tenno amazing powers, give that to the grineer...all enemies.

BUFF THE ENEMIES TO THE LEVEL OF THE TENNO! NERFS NEVER WORK!

You created this power hungry system, now build an excellent enemy system around it.

So you gave radial javelin sort of a punch through like thing by making swords spawn near the enemy, then defeat the purpose with this line of sight crap. Why did you bother in the first place? And what's next for Javelin and Excalibur? Might as well buff the damage and give it a cool utility that can withstand the test of levels/scaling or let him collect dust. Such a shame, he has a nice expensive proto skin and an awesome augment mod you basically made half useful or near useless.

And what does the future have in store for Limbo?

Multicatalysm?

Disabling Cataclysm?

And shall Kubrows ever get a loot radar like mod and enemy detection?

Rift Surge as a Void passive for all enemies within void regardless of powder used and still affected by power strength?

When are endless missions getting more enemies?

Fast Spawning(The Flow Of Enemies Must Be Intensified In Endless Missions)These Missions Are Currently Boring And You Can Sleep...

Constant Flow Of Enemies Is What Endless Missions Need(Fast Spawning) No More Sleepwalking Or Sleepkilling.

Viver is not an issue, it's a solution to boring endless missions, rather than @nerf@, you buff it along with everything else.

@Sleepkill(Or Sleepwalk) through them@

Melee:

Are ye ever going to address the issues many people have with timed attacks?

it does not fit the game well and can be hard to do in a heated battle, not to mention that people are admitting to not bothering with combs due to the difficulty of doing them and the fact that it's hardly rewarding, not to mention the fact that it also slows you down making it worse than quick melee.

The current system has a nice promise, but it executes poorly and make quick melee for convenient for not dying.

Melee Combos Take Too Much Concentration And Aren't Even Worth Doing.

Not Sure If I'm The Only One Who Feels This Way Regarding Melee Combos

Combo String System(Using The Reload Button) - A Better Combo System

How about holding down "use" "Switch" and "Reload" keys to execute different combos maybe even for quick shot ala Devil May Cry("Switch" key)? Holding down melee for either charge attack or another combos. You already got holding down "block" and "back" down, even holding down "Sprint" Speeds up the flow, but ultimately fails at making you as fast as quick melee.

Or you can tap those buttons to switch to another combo(can even include a sorta sub-stance where they stand differently based on what you switched to)

What would make the current system more bearable would be showing a cobo string branching off into different combos strings and as you push a button, the buttons on the string would highlight basically telling you where you are in the combo.

And when are you going to improve quickening?

It makes no sense that you take away Fury's speed and give it to a mod that ruins your energy pool. 80% loss in efficiency just to get back the speed you lost with Fury's nerf. Fury should have NEVER been nerf and Quickening should NEVER make you lose 80% efficiency. You have Corrupt Charge" that you can use instead for better results with way less efficiency loss. If fury is going to be 30%, then quickening should not have efficiency loss at all, having to channel is god enough. I can reach more speed with using Volt/Valkyr, why even use Quickening. it's so useless. Energy drained in a few hits of a mob. Energy Restore can barely keep up and even using that is too much. 

In the end, timed attacks don't have to go, but hold attacks should be implemented as an alternative. it would be similar to hotkey, but would have that Devil May Cry 5 feel.

Even magically switch between each melee weapon with each button press by materializing them using nanotechnites(Or Nano tech)...

You have Sword, Scythe, galive equipped, hold or press each button i mentioned earlier to materialize them r simply have different combos for the same weapon.

And you should speed up the animation of each combos, there is no reason for them to be so slow and get you killed.

Melee Quick Shot

Melee Stance Mod Stat Rework (Multi-Hit/multi-Shot In Place Of Additional Mod...

Dagger Stance Attackspeed Bug?

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?

Impact, Puncture And Slash Are Meaningless - What are ye guys going to do about this?

sn8UaKa.gif

You even going to fix this?

Even the Glaive slide attack is strong than it's thow damage. Are you going to reverse this?

Also Mirage Hall of Mirror clones cannot toss the Glaive with it equipped. I do however see them toss it when it's not equipped, but only when hosting, much lke the dread issue especially with thunderbolt. You going to fix this?

Extras:

You guys ever going to start adding new tiles to old tiles again with each update or at least major update? The old tiles are getting boring and repetitive especially the age old ones.

You ever going to add custom player created tilesets like you said you guys would do?

You ever going to give kubrows an auto loot system like a trained pet and even sniff out enemies?

Would you be able to transfer to each planetary lobby w/o going back to Liset and have Ordis fly the Liset to your location. It would make the Liset similar to a "My Room" feature.

Would you be able to access the star chart and begin missions from the lobby without going into liset?

Would there ever be an HQ lobby?

Ever thought of disabling energy drain trap doors until U15 for the sake of sword alone?

Every going to make alerts adapt any infested tilesets and other missions?

Infested missions ever going to go dark?

Invasions ever going to get new music, tilesets, planets, missions(Ext is boring, tired and broken), and more meaningful rewards?

Ever going to allow credits to add up based on time spent in endless missions and alerts?

(In the time spent moving up to wave 10, i could have done upto wave 5 twice over and earn double the credits of going to 10 and triple going to 15 and quadruple for 20 and so forth. Something is seriously wrong here)

Ever going to simplify Void keys and make T1-T4 keys rather than T2(Insert Mission here)?

It's a convoluted mess and there is no definitive way to even get precisely the right key which means you must deal with awful trading and pray you can use the wrong key to get the right one.which hardly happens.

Ever going to put Void key rewards back in normal missions? See no reason why they aren't there in the first place?

Every going to make T1 keys appear after 5 waves/5 minutes, etc. happen more often and T2 for 10 and T3/T4 for 15?

You guys ever going to streamline the escape menu more?

Rather than click on "Equipment" then click Arsenal, you hover over "Equipment" then hover over "Arsenal" and click it.

Edited by Jinryusai

When do you plan to revisit old mods (most notably North Wind and Shocking Touch) and buffed them up to par? North Wind and Shocking Touch are both pure elemental melee mods that add 60% damage for 11 points while we already have better and cheaper dual-stat mods.

Pure physical mods are also not very viable in most builds. Why not make them increase base physical damage instead of just adding damage?

Edited by KaskaMatej

What about putting in simple quests for all of the currently available frames?

Nothing complicated like Mirage’s or Limbo’s, just a quick series of missions leading up to a final boss fight.

For example, after you complete your first mission on Mars, the Lotus tells you that she has discovered that the Mag Warframe Blueprints can be found here and asks if you would like to begin a quest to obtain them. Then have a series of missions where you obtain the chassis and helmet. At that point, the Lotus would tell you that Nerf has the systems blueprint and the only way you can obtain it is to kill him.

A bit more detailed…

The lotus says the Mag helmet is on a ship and in order to get it you must defend its location until reinforcements arrive (then receive the Helmet Blueprint. Then you are told that a ship with the chassis is about to leave Mars and that you must do whatever you do in Deception Missions. Then you are told that you must exterminate all life on the ship in order to obtain the Chassis (receive Chassis upon Completion). Then you are told that the only way to get the Systems BP is to beat up Nerf (and after completing you get the systems).

No Lore, just quick missions. As you find time you could start reworking each quest so that it has more Lore and stuff.

I am not asking for any lore (yet), just put in the system in order that there is a logical way for players to obtain new Warframes. You so often talk about the new player experience, this would be a relatively easy way to make the way of obtaining frames more logical for new players and continue to give them a goal to strive for after beating Vor.

Oh, and with these quest DON’T require each piece to be constructed before continuing the quest.

TL;DR: What about throwing in simple quests for all Warframes quickly.

Those fingernails lie. Rebecca's rolling 20s with those Titans.

Also, question: now that ability mods are rolled into the frames themselves, can the core weapon mods (serration, etc.) be rolled into the weapons themselves to give them a sense of progression and the other mods a bit more prominence?

This this this this this-bob-square pants.

It'd fit with your trend of making mods weaker, as well as making people actually be clever with what they equip.

Hi xP

1. how long were you writing Evolution Engine? (to moment when you decided that it's ready to use)

2. how many developers was working on it?
3. on which programming language is it based?
4. has it own script language (like Unreal engines - Unreal Script) or it's the same as engine?
5. are you using visual studio? if yes -which ver.?

6. can you tell something about servers? (how many is working for warframe/ specification)
7. how often do you guys spend additional hours in month to make game better (fixing bugs / replying tickets)?

8. is it true that developer has better writing code abilities after drinking something stronger(%)? xP

cheers x)

@DE_Steve In a previous Devstream you mentioned that Rhino Prime would be getting a new Codex Entry and that you had decided on a definite answer for "what lies under the mask" (read: What the Tenno are). Any news on when these and other lore entries will be added into the game?

Edited by Flamingfighter

1. Are you planning on fixing/changing the syndicate system?

2. When can we expect a fix for broken archwing missions(Caelus-Uranus) that are nearly unplayable due to the enemies one-shoting the player?

3. Any other "bright" ideas of end-game being an outrageous grind with worthless rewards?

4. Are you planning on hurting the playerbase further with nerfs like the 50 mods on a map limit?

5. Can we expect mods that REALLY change a weapons properties (for example: a mod for shotguns that makes them shoot heavy slugs instead of pellets) instead of the current mods offered by syndicates?

6. Will we ever see an infested syndicate?

Edited by Djenai

Will be there to watch! Here are my questions.

1) What is the current status of the mastery rank rewards/login bonus' evaluation? Has the team got any new news to share with us on how this will be altered and improved upon?

2) Does Steve have any plans to develop the codex further? Rewards and benefits for scanning?