Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Latest 15.2 Warframe Fixes Are Lazy And Doesn't Make Sense.

--Q--Ascended-Seraphim

[*]Excalibur’s Radial Javelin and Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies.

[*]Trinity’s Energy Vampire now only benefits teammates who can see or can be seen by the targeted victim (victims remember who they have seen for a short duration).

[*]Banish / Rift Walk will no longer stack energy regeneration when used on targets in a Cataclysm bubble.

DE, this nerf for is purely directed at the main frames needed for a Viver run. And it shows extreme short sightedness. Really? just Radial Javelin and Polarize and EV?

People will just go to other frames with abusable powers that goes through walls. Like ember. Frost. Hydroid.

Then what? You're gonna nerf them again.

Then people will rotate to another batch of frames to what we call synergise and what you term as exploitation. Resulting in an ad infitifum nerf cycle.

Why not take a step back and think why are people engaging in such behaviour? That's right. It's your syndicate system which promotes a massive grind.

What you're doing through these series of nerfs dear DE. Is to slam the one door shut in our faces and telling us that you will not hesitate to slam is shut again and again till we get a bloodied nose.

What you should be doing is open more doors. Provide more options for us to get what we need.

Explore your systems like kubrows and archwings. Integrate your syndicate systems to it. Make use of your existing resources. Make sigils worth while. Make cooperation worthwhile.

Everything feels like it's just thrust into the game with no thought and relation to one another.

Tell me this DE. What did this nerf do for your game? Besides leave as sour taste in your players' mouths.

Why not take a step back and think why are people engaging in such behaviour? That's right. It's your syndicate system which promotes a massive grind.

I really want to know why -nobody- when these nerfs were being discussed said "Why are the players doing this?"

DE, this nerf for is purely directed at the main frames needed for a Viver run. And it shows extreme short sightedness. Really? just Radial Javelin and Polarize and EV?

People will just go to other frames with abusable powers that goes through walls. Like ember. Frost. Hydroid.

Then what? You're gonna nerf them again.

Then people will rotate to another batch of frames to what we call synergise and what you term as exploitation. Resulting in an ad infitifum nerf cycle.

What you're doing through these series of nerfs dear DE. Is to slam the one door shut in our faces and telling us that you will not hesitate to slam is shut again and again till we get a bloodied nose.

What you should be doing is open more doors. Provide more options for us to get what we need.

Explore your systems like kubrows and archwings. Integrate your syndicate systems to it. Make use of your existing resources. Make sigils worth while. Make cooperation worthwhile.

Everything feels like it's just thrust into the game with no thought and relation to one another.

Tell me this DE. What did this nerf do for your game? Besides leave as sour taste in your players' mouths.

And when they switch to other frames, they'll be adjusted to not be broken as well. People are complaining about this, but, it's a change that's been needed since before Viver was getting farmed. Now, that's not to say your other point isn't correct. The reputation system needs adjustment, it's too much of a grind. But, players exploiting the system to get around it isn't okay. They are two separate issues.

I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question.

Were these changes to interception and the frames involved necessary or appropriate before the syndicate system was introduced?

I eagerly await a concrete answer from DE.

---

I spoke too soon; an opportunity arises for me to gain some clarity. 

And when they switch to other frames, they'll be adjusted to not be broken as well. People are complaining about this, but, it's a change that's been needed since before Viver was getting farmed.

Please elaborate.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

The nerfs may, or may have not been caused by viver... But one thing is sure.... THEY DO NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!

For example:  Shield polarize

"Mag exudes a polarizing aura of magnetic ENERGY that restores 10% / 15% / 25% / 50% of friendly shields and depletes the same percentage from enemy shields within a 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meter radius."

From what I've known, obstacles or someones line of sight, does not interrupt flow of energy... 

Why would DE make something that breaks the very laws of magnetism, and yes I'm very welll aware that many things do not follow the laws of physic etc. etc. But.... Yeah.... Why mag?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauss%27s_law_for_magnetism

EDIT: Wikipedia link added explaining basic law for magnetism 

Edited by okinolas

I don't believe the frame nerfs had anything to do with Viver.

Bad timing made this conspiracy theory possible.

The timing and the frames that were included are HORRIBLY bad, then.

Sooo suspicious.

Edited by Yazeth

Really? Those specific three abilities? Also, simultaneous with all the changes to Interception in general? There's no way you can believe that. 

I will respectfully disagree until the issue is addressed by one of the DE staff members in a way that makes more sense than what information we currently have.

A.) Excalibur, Mag and Trinity were frames taken on most Viver runs since the community has known about it.

B.) Interception missions were also "nerfed" on the same hotfix, also presumably tied to all the attention one mission has been getting as of late, Viver.

C.) Why nerf only one ability on Mag? Crush is also non-LoS and easily spammable as none of her actually useful abilities rely on duration (Bullet Attractor lost it's last vestige of usefulness with the Excalibur rework).

D.) Excalibur was only just reworked, why not have reworked Radial Javelin when he got his initial rework?

E.) Trinity was already nerfed, her 4 being only useful for reliable healing, unless you're running a very specialized build to maximize damage reduction.

F.) All other reworked frames have had attention paid to each of their abilities in some shape, even if nothing is done to change them. Again, why was this not done with these three frames, and only a targeted nerf to one ability a piece?

The testing of these abilities would take longer than Viver has been around. Since Excal's R Blind test for proof of concept, I've felt it was incoming.

Then they did a terrible job since apparently Mag can't even use polarize to get her own shields back(LoS doesn't include one's self.)

Do you think Radial Blind being nurfed right after it was used to steamroll an event is a coincidence too?

This wouldn't be the first time DE has nurfed first and asked questions never.

I cant honestly believe that the three most prolific frames in Intercept farming just happened to be in line for a nerf at the same time as Intercept itself having multiple adjustments to address long haul affinity farming.

Polarize might have had it coming, but EV and RJ? No Trinity ive ever heard of dedicated themselves to being a team battery until Viver was worked out to be the best affinity farm. And RJ had been buffed to remove the LoS requirement just over three weeks ago.

And of course, thats not even touching on the one underlying factor that made that combination happen.

Edited by Dualstar

to the syndicate issue: i dont think syndicate standing was ever intended to be grinded like it's the new endgame. let's face it, the rewards are definitly not gamebreaking must-have mods.

the problem here is simply that there is little in the way of endgame. new, harder levels that require actual teamplay? anyone?

nobody would waste their time grinding something that can/should be earned on the fly if they had something better to do. i know that i dont even have the viver node completed. i dont see why i would waste a forma on that next title, unlike certain veterans, i still have better things to do.

The nerfs may, or may have not been caused by viver... But one thing is sure.... THEY DO NOT MAKE ANY SENSE!

For example:  Shield polarize

"Mag exudes a polarizing aura of magnetic ENERGY that restores 10% / 15% / 25% / 50% of friendly shields and depletes the same percentage from enemy shields within a 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meter radius."

From what I've known, obstacles or someones line of sight, does not interrupt flow of energy... 

Why would DE make something that breaks the very laws of magnetism, and yes I'm very welll aware that many things do not follow the laws of physic etc. etc. But.... Yeah.... Why mag?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gauss%27s_law_for_magnetism

EDIT: Wikipedia link added explaining basic law for magnetism 

this game breaks almost every physical law that i can think of. what makes magnetism so special? (lets ignore the fact that electromagnetic waves can be shielded perfectly well and that gauss' law has nothing to do with that in the first place)

that aside, LOS is a terrible mechanic for a game like this, starting with the very levels.

Viver was Interception, and was farmed by Ex, Mag and Trinity.

Was nerfed: Interception, farm process, Ex, Mag and Trinity.

Conspiracy? Don't **** with playerbase, pls.