Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #43

[DE]Rebecca

I posted this for the last live stream, now that Scotts back hopefully this can get some attention, People have been discussing (quite constructively) about Excalibur's current state, many of us were excited that he had gotten some attention earlier on recently but the first pass on him left much to be desired and a a lot of us are worried about how long it will take for him to have another pass granted how long it took the first time.  Some specifics in the thread linked are the current state of slash dash, possible alternate powers for super jump-especially in lite of the recently added aerial melee and Excalibur seeming to fall short of his melee focused name sake. Please look at this and consider mentioning it its got a lot of really good feedback from a lot of creative and passionate players.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/230673-excalibur-20-post-u15-review-and-feedback/

I would very much like to hear a discussion about this as well from the Devs, if this happens it would be very nice if you could go a bit into the details of the Thread, like mentioning specific suggestions and criticism we made. For the most part it´s a very clean Thread with construcive discussions, so that should be easy.^^

Looking forward to the stream!

Question: A week or two ago Rebecca pointed out that there'd been conversations about reverting to the old way continuous-fire weapons dealt damage. I personally would love to see this happen, and from the looks of things I'm not the only one, so my question is: is this issue still on the radar? How likely is it that we'll see a change?

A somewhat simple, somewhat not series of related questions that are really the same one worded differently.

At what point do you think Warframe will be out of beta? Warframe has been in beta for quite a long time now, at what point would the devs consider Warframe "ready for full release"? What is it missing now that it has to have to be considered a full release, in the devs' eyes?

1. Do you plan to make new Planets/Nodes (new mission types) any soon?
2. So the Corpus got Nullifer, Infested got Boilers,MoAs and Brood Mothers.. Do you plan to add new enemies for Grineer and Void as well?
3. Will we be able to trade the unused resources such as Alloy Plate and Nano spores etc. for Credits or exchange for new resources any soon?
4. Do you have any plans on adding some kind of a LoS to all frames, that won't effect enemies that you can't see?
5. We have a lot of weapons to choose from, but those that are worthy I can count on my both hands, do you plan buffing those unused ones or nerfing the 'OP' weapons?
6. Will you add more Weapon skins to the game? I'd like to see Pistol/Primary skins as well.

My usual selection.

Q1. The new Europa (ice planet) tilsets have turned out very good. Great work! Any plans on expanding the solar system by making other Jupiter or Saturn moons sectors too? For example Io and Titan. What about Earth's moon?

Answer was sadly steamrolled. So i ask again.

Q2. Why are the Skana and Lato the only starter choices which aren't Mk-1 variants of more potent weapons? Both are quite prominent in your promotional material (just take the Excalibur statue for example), so shouldn't these two be better than being reduced to quickly forsaken starter gear?

PS: AkLAto has less damage than regular Lato since Update 14.

Q3. Any chance you might bring the old (circular saw) weapon Sawman back? I loved how you could sum up the Grineer approach to warfare with this unit.

Q4. How many people on the team are working on the Warframe and weapon balancing? Is it only Scott or is there a team for that? With the ever increasing number of weapons you add to the game, it seems like a sisyphosian* task for just one man to balance all that, while also being responcible for other parts in development.

*In case the name confuses someone. Sisyphos is a figure in greek mythology, forced to push a stone up a hill only to see it roll down again, having to repeat that action every day.

Q5. What exactly qualifies a weapon as clantech and what qualifies it as freely obtainable via the market (in blueprint form)? Is it something decided yet or will you revisit this later in development?

Q6. Why do you put new backround lore regarding the Orokin into the Warframe descriptions instead of giving it it's own section in the codex? Shouldn't Warframe descriptions be about how to best use a Warframe and what they represent, instead of providing welcome but unrelated lore?

Q7.Has the idea of introducing a manual knockback recovery option, aka. "manual handspring", gone anywhere or have you dropped the concept for now?

I recently got the Handspring mod and it shows that the animation for it is allready in game.

Q8. How exclusive are event weapons which are reskins of regular types, like those under the Wraith and Vandal label? Meaning, will these ever be rewarded again or are they exclusive to those who earned them during past events, similar to the original founder pack items?

If they are rewarded again, what prices would those get who allready have one?

Edited by Othergrunty

Are you planing any buffs to the frame health and shield management as well as some other buffs for warframes overall to keep up with the modern times?

As it stands the only reason why im struggleing with current enemies is cause warframes are not being improved as far as functionality goes (health regen, improved dodgeing (rolling is NOT the best in some cases nor is it fast enough), will add more as i remember...)

two questions any chance we can make trinity a truly support frame? because as it stands everyone builds trinitank i think this should also see a end to the trinity nerfs and re-balancing. my suggestion is make the 1 skill only target players and give a +30% health buff and 5% health recovery per tick with a heal equal to the health buff this should be line of sight and work on caster as well the 2 skill swap out to be like limbo's banish with the extra energy recovery and add a energy steal effect the 3 skill switch link to work on players instead of enemies and apply the damage reduction buff and shared damage as well as a life steal effect for guns then keep 4 as it is now maybe add a +30% shield buff and reduce shield recharge time as well as remove procs

for the other question can we make daggers better as in make it so we have 2.5 attack speed to counter how bad the dagger stats are  with a higher chance to stagger also more puncture similar to fang

Will you ever take a look at ability spam?

You guys keep on trying to deal with symptoms, not the cause. Nerfs and introduction of new(frequently broken) ways to stop players from abusing ain't helping. You gave us hard time on Viver, we moved to Cerberus, you slapped our hands there, we moved to whatever-the-place-to-farm-now and will spam there.

Your policy isn't working. Stop curing symptoms!

In theme with the retrospective look in 2014, I have a question regarding the developments this year:

In the popular mmo world of warcraft, one of the lead developers is quoted as saying in regards to player decisions: "I would not have predicted that players would become so focused on efficiency. Not fun, or improving themselves. Efficiency." We've seen the same things happen this year - the Syndicate system has brought this to a head, where players will stand still for 30 minutes and hit one button over and over for rep gains to be awarded items that don't really increase their power(and then proceed to get angry when this is taken away). How do you feel you will address this problem of players caring more about rewards, rather than the journey to getting them, when developing new content?

Edited by Sadinar

Is there a chance that Volt might have his ultimate reviewed? I greatly enjoy playing Volt but find his #4 ability to be underwhelming in most situations and frequently hear others discussing this - saying other frames are better choices because of this "weakness".

I'm interested in PvP but I'm concerned with the current state of Dark Sectors. All of the drama and some shady actions by a few have made it seem unwelcoming. Is there a plan to take another look at balancing the gameplay and creating an atmosphere where fairness and respect are promoted?

A lot of Tenno I've chatted with have been eager to see what kind of functionality the "player hubs" will have. We are excited to potentially have something to do there at a "Hub" when not running missions. Is there going to be some way to recruit other players to both current party and or clan and will there be some interaction or entertainment there?

Edited by SHOCKED

Question #1:  Will we be getting enhanced matchmaking with the Hubs in the future?

Question #2:  The Synoid Gammacor has the highest sustained damage out of all secondary weapons when fully modded*, whereas the Rakta Ballistica is ranked #53 out of 58.  The Synoid Gammacor does 542% more sustained dps than the Rakta Ballistica (in fact, it does 31% more than Brakk).  Are there any plans to rectify this?  If not, will you consider letting players have a one-time Syndicate switch?  Members of the Red Veil had no idea that they were going to suck this hard when we signed up.

*(The build I'm referring to consists of max:  Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Gunslinger, Convulsion, Heated Charge, Ice Storm, and Pathogen Rounds.  For quick reference, go here, leave only "pistols" selected, and click "sustained dps" on the right drop-down menu).

Also, do you have anything to say about Focus?

Thanks!

Edited by fadeinlight

Question.

With the introduction of the new physical damage mods that give 120% too ether slash,puncture and later down the line impact.

Would DE be willing to change the current basic physical damage mods too add % damage like current elemental mods (so we can add lets say slash damage too synapse as an example) and keep the newer stronger ones as they currently work where they cant add, only increase.

This may need some of the mods to be re balanced, as seen when the puncture/rate of fire shotgun mod (accelerated blast) was bugged and made some shotguns stupidly powerful

So maybe stats of between 30-60% bonus physical damage added rather than increased

This would help increase customization of elemental only weapons rather than just stacking elements and on a few weapons crit

Another Devstream, another attempt at getting this idea seen.

After Rebecca specifically asking for me to ask this question in dev stream 39, i was hoping it would be asked. 

The Codex....in it's current state is near uselss, so few people use it...so let's give it some functionality.

Let's use the Codex as a database to spawn in enemies in a Dojo room....set challegnes for friends and give them "Battlepay" if they can complete it.SO MUCH POTENTIAL :D

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/312526-a-more-exciting-use-for-the-codex-scanner-dojo-mob-spawner/

The only language a Nekros player understands is 333, 3333, 33. The metagame rewards of Desecrate relegate him completely to standing in the back of the group, churning out rare loot for his teammates, often not even getting a chance to fight. When are you going to fix this?

Mesa’s firearm proficiency, Mirage’s dodge speed, and Zephyr’s gravity resistance are all examples of Warframes with unique passive traits outside of their base stats. Might we see more passive effects like this implemented for older Warframes, such as elemental resistances, swimming for Hydroid (in the upcoming Underwater tileset), or melee bonuses for Excalibur and Valkyr?

The targeting system for direct-aimed abilities like Soul Punch, Teleport and Banish is rather exacting – you often need to see both a health bar and an arbitrary amount of your target’s body in order to cast, even if the target is in your reticule. It slows players down significantly to cast these abilities, which can make them frustrating to deploy (and not worthwhile, as most are single-target). Will targeting for these types of abilities be revisited?

Can you explain the reasoning behind priming Nova next? The last official word we had on the matter was that the Phase 1 Warframes would all be primed first.

When it comes to melee weapons, your current choices are quick comboing/Berserker weapons, heavier Channeling-efficient weapons or exotic weapons with high range. What about weapon types which don’t fall into either of these categories and (barring aesthetics) lack strong identities, such as daggers, scythes, the sword’n’board, etc?

Several Augments for damage-focused abilities like Fire Blast and Slash Dash have upset the playerbase; these abilities had no scaling features, and now there is a reputation barrier to add some to them. As a result, there is some consensus that Augments are becoming less about adding flare to abilities, and more about forcing players to grind for bandaid fixes to problematic skills. Do you see these complaints as justified?

Edited by Archwizard

Arrrg, I missed the first pages! Anyway,my list as usual :

(bold numbers are very important)

1) What is happening with Focus? Is it for this year or the next one? How does the final version work?

2) Do you have Work In Progress stuff to show?

3) What is going on with Enemies of the Tenno submissions? We saw the Juggernaut. Anyone else being worked on?

4) How will the Swimming mechanics work?!! Are abilities,shooting or melee enabled?How will the animations work? This one is crucial!

5) Next year's first warframe : who will it be?

6) The Sentients : how do they look like?

7) The Grineer Twin queens : how do they look like?

8) Why can't syndicate leaders lead their entire syndicate missions?

9) Spy 2.0 is coming soon. What will you do to improve Stealth? Enhanced light/shadow mechanic(Mirage already got it)? AI (they still collide and get stuck,they still have little to no idle animations that could make them more alive)? Alternate paths? Ledge grab mechanics? Tools to distract enemies?

10) The syndicates death squads seems to be out of place. Will you give them their own models?

11) Will we get other companions apart from the kubrows? Cat/feral? Birds?Reptiles?

12) When will quests be replayable? Quite worrying when those who did a frame quest and sold him/her can't obtain her/him again... :/

13) Will Darvo have his place in the hubs? Or will he return in other special missions?

14) Will charge attacks return? We all were gladly surprised that Redeemer,a new weapon, got it. Will you reintroduce it in stances for other weapons? (the choice of mixing combos & charge attacks)

15) Warframe & Nintendo : yes or no?Why not, why?please

16) Have you thought about other proto armors for frames?

17) When is Nekros getting his 2.0?(rework)

18) Will we ever get a shooting range/spawn room in the dojo?

19) Have you thought about an infested assassin? Like this one for instance :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/183253-warframe-creature-concept/

20) Some frames (Mirage,Zephyr,Mesa) got passive abilities. Will elemental frames ever be more resistant to their onw damage type?(Ember to fire, Saryn to toxin, Frost to ice,Volt to electricity....)

21) The Void got poor enemies variety. Will other mind controlled enemies be added apart from grineer heavies,butchers & ancients?

22) Void assassination keys...How does it sound?

23) Direct question to mr Steve : Are tenno really supposed to be Space ninja? A lot of the community members don't think so. Does it really have a meaning, or is it just "catchy"?! What would you do to induce that feeling better if it really is the case?

We need more reasons to play more Warframe next year, so lots of teasing would make us feel like doing so...

We love you too. '-'

Edited by unknow99