Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

What is the likely-hood of saying Loki looks like a Norse God in this game? Valkyr looking like a valkyrie? Excalibur looking like a ninja? 

I don't know if it is the samew group of people, but frist the community complains about warfarmes looking too similar to non-ninja esque things, and now they complain that something doesn't look to similar to its theme. This knee-jerk reaction that everyone has on the forum is just becoming annoying.

I find chroma cool, the more recent frame were all not abstract enough in my opinion. Limbo a stage magician, mesa a cowgirl. The original warframes were not really themed with jobs/characters, but all had their own, unique organic/tech style. This is one of the most warframe warframes there is.

Really? because you don't like the look of a warframe? Ok bye, plenty of people left for them to make a profit.

Yes, because i don't like where warframe is headed, it's not for me anymore and im voicing my personal opinion. Im not telling anyone else to quit.

You know nothing about me or my relationship with this game. This thread was started around my take on Chroma's design and nothing else, and it was intended to provoke thought and discussion.

You have an opinion, and I have an opinion. Going beyond that is simply counterproductive, unless you are the creators of the subject matter in question (DE) who make the actual decisions.

What does knowing anything about you even matter to what i said ? I simply voiced my personal opinion why it's a bad design and what im going to do regarding my personal relationship with the game. In my opinion i don't see how DE could create something like this just for the sake of uniqueness which some people are trying to defend for the sake of uniqueness. I never stated that im quitting warframe, im just not going to buy anything anymore until i start liking what DE makes again.

Edited by kiteohatto

Again, to those of you who like it, the point is that it is not a dragon design. The community wanted a dragon, and we did not get one. Also, whether dragons are somehow different in the Warframe universe does not matter either. People wanted a dragon, not for DE to invent something and then define it to be a dragon.

a dragon frame had apotential to be animalistic, tough, manly, strong, cool, badass, agile, fat, skinny, fast, slow, weak, but this is like a anteater breathing fire xD

The word you were looking for is "simian" instead of normal.

While I appreciate the effort, it isn't even "ape-like"

It's humanoid.  A rounded skull in a homo sapien likeness.  Ape skulls can vary wildly from species to species.

Edit:

Or like they want to call us now: Homo Sapien Sapien.....wtf....they're grasping at straws here.

Edited by Thaumatos

I've seen sea dragon as the "excuse" eastern dragon, and so on for this for lack of better wording, Thing!

Look, its simple, if I went out and told everyone I know that I became good friends with......Joe Montana for example, through no fault on anyone's own, if they recognize the name as a famous football player, THATS the assumption people go to, the easiest, most widely known and accepted correlation.

The problem comes when I would have to tell folks, either A, I meant on Facebook, or B, A guy who happens to share the same name, but is NOT the famous football player, and I would be a complete jack hole to not correct or at LEAST say SOMETHING about the real nature of my new friendship before assumptions start getting made, and peoples hopes at meeting a football legend get dashed to pieces.

DE let people go on imagining a draconian monster frame with a style that matches the widely known and VERY powerful range of imagery the name DRAGON recalls, for a long period of time, you, can't, do, that! and not expect people to get a little pissy, the name Dragon invokes Strength, Power, Wisdom & raw fury made manifest, a beast of untamable fury, cosmic in design, a force of unbrideld Reptilian fury.

Now, this thing does NOT invoke those traits, not in the slightest, I could accept a wirey serpentine frame with power & speed as its focus, a Valkyr mixed with Volt, or A Rhino & Oberon, Resilience & Power.

I see Chroma, and I see a mess taking a name its undeserving of, and preventing EVER seeing a frame with the more accepted DRAGON monicker, every other frame manages, in some small capacity to FEEL like it represents its namesake, minus Ash, as that one is kinda the oddball in the lineup of frames and names.

I really hope it gets fixed, I DO enjoy being surprised and blown away when my assumptions are torn to ribbons, I really do, but this....Eastern fire breathing sea dragon, just.....no man, just no, please DE don't let this travesty be THE Dragon Frame, it kills any chance for seeing something truly remarkable done with all the aspects one imagines when they hear the word Dragon, and picturing an armored cybernetic martial arts wielding futuristic killing machine.

this is just IMO but...ugly as hell... Also isnt it supposed to host a human inside?

this may have been said before, I haven't read all the pages, but no. It has a human consciousness inside, but no human body. Oberon and Nekros are far too thin, and several frames have an odd number of toes/fingers, and how could Myself as a Tenno be both Nova and Rhino?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/348698-theory-post-humanism-and-the-possible-impact-on-tenno-and-their-culture/

have fun reading

While I appreciate the effort, it isn't even "ape-like"

It's humanoid.  A rounded skull in a homo sapien likeness.  Ape skulls can vary wildly from species to species.

Humans are simians, though.

Again, to those of you who like it, the point is that it is not a dragon design. The community wanted a dragon, and we did not get one. Also, whether dragons are somehow different in the Warframe universe does not matter either. People wanted a dragon, not for DE to invent something and then define it to be a dragon.

why not? people make their own versions of dragons all the time.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XsFYl2frFlE/T1-_F825LDI/AAAAAAAAA8w/svq8RFqQEFE/s1600/bronze-dragon.jpg http://www.e-forwards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/year-of-the-dragon-2012-poem.jpeg http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120321051147/cartoonsandfiction/images/4/47/Earth_Dragon.jpg

just a few that are differnt and the last is more out there for a dragon

Aesthetics are part of the package with each Warframe, sorry. Otherwise, they could just design blank cubes with different stats. If you're okay with that, fine. However, I think most people were expecting something that looked good, or at least like a dragon.