Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

What culture? Every car shares certain similarities. You guys can debate what makes a dragon a dragon all you want, the fact is that a much more concrete comparison exists in the anteater. Chroma looks like an anteater. Long thin snout, fat body, thick tail (more beaver like than anteater like). All he's missing is the tongue. 

Yep, anteater frame. They were just teasing us with that dragon frame talk. We are getting an anteater frame.

Just admit it, you want a boring smaug-esque dragon like every other fantasy game. 

And I, for one, actually like the new design. It's unique and fresh.

When you bring up a picture of Ash to someone, and ask them what theme do you think this follows, chances are they aren't gonna guess ninja.

Ash may be very close to a ninja, but we got a seahorse frame not a dragon frame. TBH I was wanting an eastern dragon look, i mean an aztec dragon look would have cool too. Its just that they said "dragon frame" but we got seahorse frame.

Personally I really like its look. I think that the head could probably do with a bit of changes (it does look a tad silly), but overall I like the biological look of the frame. 

It's funny though, people complained about the recent frames "Too many clothes/armor and not enough 'biological armor' stuff!" and now people are complaining "Too much 'biological armor' stuff and not enough clothes/armor!"

You do not fix a dish that is overly salty by making it overly sweet. The earlier frames hit the sweet spot where the flesh and metal fuse together quite seamlessly. Many of the new frames have been garish, vulgar, and over designed.

Since many of you seem unsure about the root of this "Dragon" design, may i present to you the Lindwurm. A German dragon legend and probably the only dragon that isn't consideret a real Dragon.

https://www.google.at/search?client=ms-android-om-lge&hl=de-AT&biw=320&bih=508&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=__76VNOaI4XmywPrmIDYAw&q=lindwurm+deutschland+im+mittelalter&btnG=

Btw, since my other post was straigth censored: is anyone else bothered by the stolen ash arms and zephyr legs?...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

I'll requote myself.

What I have learned from Chroma reaction is that there are a lot more fanboys than i thought there were, let me explain.

If this concept was made by somebody in the concept art subforums then the concept would get boo'd so badly that the moderators would be forced to lock the thread.

However, because it came out straight from DE/Mynki it's suddenly praised with "Wow, very unique", "Amazing design", "This is art!".

Edited by kiteohatto

My question for the time being is what's with that tail? Hell it's clipping through the ground in that reveal.

It could be a syandana. I also wonder what is with the back pack/wings, is it apart of the syandana/tail?

f80cb68152.jpg

Edited by Postal_pat

You really wanted another rhino , didn't you ?

Anything BUT a Rhino.

Limbo is a prime example of what I want, and also what I do not want. Limbo's design around his powers is original, unique, and interesting. His powers have great synergy among each other and help him in solo and team play.

The part I do not like is the aesthetics.

The problem here is that Chroma is not a unique design (powers, not aesthetics). Sure, using the "dragon frame" will be different, but based on everything DE said and has done in the past, he will most likely be powerful enough to be used as a replacement to the other elemental frames, which are fairly neglected sometimes.

Edited by TheStag

Hmm you mention he is strongeat lore wise. Is there some lore I missed? How do you know that?

Not hating. I am genuinely curious

From data miners. It's in a dialogue string in the data files. Not sure if we're allowed to discuss it, since it's still subject to change.

Does it matter if it looks unique if its terribly received? lol

Just because its unique or the idea behind it is good doesnt mean it looks good or appealing, at all.

Im calling next frame, bowl of spaghetti with 1 trillion polygons, and the warframes veins will have veins BUT its gonna be unique guys, trust me.

Are we literaly mad that it is being described as a Dragon? Hey, here's a pro-tip. GROW UP. I don't care about design. As long as it plays fine, it could be a square block for all I care. Glad to see all these people care about is looks.

We are giving feed back on what we have so far. When the frame gets released there WILL be feedback on how he plays, but until then we are just saying that this frame does not really have that "dragon" kinda look to it.