Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

Unfortunately this falls under the assumption that those of us who like this frames design MUST like everything else DE pushes out of the woodwork, but that is simply not true at all.

I myself do not like design of Zephyr, Hydroid, and Mirage. But since I accept and appreciate the design of Chroma I have to be some fanboy that loves everything DE puts out there? Cmon man.

You like it as a design in general or do you like it as a design for "dragon" ? These are 2 different things. To me it looks like an infested fire breather(from circus)

In1L66a.jpg

Edited by kiteohatto

Correction: Thank you DE for making something to completely replace elemental frames.

No more Frost

No more Ember

No more Volt

No more Hydroid (maybe)

Etc.

gg

What?

I don't recall Chroma having bubble, world on fire, volt shield or tentacle swarm.

Correction: Thank you DE for making something to completely replace elemental frames.

No more Frost

No more Ember

No more Volt

No more Hydroid (maybe)

Etc.

gg

Oh, so you know all of his abilities and how they work? Please do tell :)

This is the REAL thing where it came from the ever glorious Agnaktor!

Smooth and not much scaly? CHECK!

Long snout that is awkward? CHECK!

Has a long tail? CHECK!

Not a dragon look alike? CHECK!

Bulky and sort of fat? CHECK!

640px-MHHC-Agnaktor_Art.jpg

Vo8TLt8.png

Well this part was pretty @(*()$ cool DirtySnappyHake.gif

Although I don't like the design and do think it looks like an anteater, I'll say this: At least it looks like a badass, freakish anteater bred for war and carnage. Compare it to Limbo who looks straight up like a droid magician who entertains guests for Jabba the Hut. Still wouldn't be able to tell it's dragon themed if I didn't know already.

Edited by tisdfogg

You, too, fail to see that the community pressed for a dragon frame and that is what we wanted - a dragon frame. Not something that neither looks nor feels like a dragon.

Edited by Sunfax

Wait... is this a dragon? Really? A DRAGON?!

I think that DE and the rest of the world have pretty much different "opinions" of what is a dragon and what is an infested anteater that shoots fire from his "mouth" -_-

You, too, fail to understand that the community pressed for a dragon frame and that is what we wanted - a dragon frame. Not something that neither looks nor feels like a dragon.

On the contrary, I'm perfectly aware of what the community wanted. And I'm glad that the art team followed their own artistic view while creating their own content in their own game. It's how the industry works- you don't always get what you want.

Edit: Since you edited your post, so will I. Chroma -has- a dragon feel to it. If as a collective, someone said 'dragon', everyone would picture a Western-style reptile. Say 'asian dragon' and everyone thinks Dragon Ball's Shenron. 

Warframe has a very unique art direction to it. It's not following stereotypes as most game would and it's what makes it stand out among other games.

In time, people will get used to it, just as they got used to Limbo and other Warframes that didn't quite turned out what people were expecting.

Edited by IEpicWolfI

And how is Chroma not a unique design? What isn't unique about it?

i'm assuming people refer to borrowed parts, legs of vauban, overall exterior husk similar to zephyr, small shoulder bits from ash.

Let me help you out:

HRVsY6e.png

I guess the reason why people can't easily accept the way he looks is due to the helmet.

From what I can see almost all frames has a helm which can almost fit a human sized/shaped head in it, even Frost's.

Chroma's head is an entirely different thing.

Dear DE,

Thank you for making Chroma not follow the mainstream and overused stereotype for both Western -and- Eastern dragons. Although it's clear Chroma still has that spicy Eastern vibe to him, I really like the organic feel to him that does't slap you across the face and screams "I'M A DRAGON!".

I- among other fans of Warframe's aesthetics, art and design- really like his design and I am already sitting on Platinum to grab him in the bundle he will surely come in. As well as completing his quest to grab a second one.

But the main 'Thank You' goes out to everyone who seems to be displeased about his design- your tears will bring us the underwater tileset <3

This post is just smug and rude. It's cool to be happy with any particular frame but just say that. Don't make an issue with people who don't happen to like it...and don't act like its as simple as liking EVERY visual choice that DE makes or liking none of them.

Edited by Ronyn

This post is just smug and rude. It's cool to be happy with any particular frame but just say that. Don't make an issue with people who don't happen to like it...and don't act like there its as simple as liking EVERY visual or liking none of them.

My main point was to show DE there are people who are enjoying the design. But I guess the larger group who are upset with how Chroma looks like will be heard/seen more. 

Then again, opinions. We all have them. I shared mine and I keep on looking for actual constructive criticism in the community, other than 'looks sh*t, change it'.