Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy 2.0 Preview

[DE]Whirrrrr

why does it feel like you guys just took rescue 2.0 and changed its name to spy 2.0.....

I was going to ask, what makes this different than Rescue 2.0 (x3, minus get 'em to extraction) with a dash of Hive? I'm still PUGing through the starmap (taking my time, enjoying the sights) and those are probably my two least favorite mission types.

One of the things I love is seeing new tilesets - great screenshots can't wait to see the levels in action!

Really looking forward to this!  Spy has always been my least favorite mission type.  Mainly because it's just: run around, who cares who sees you, hack consoles, and then run back.  It's more like a grocery store shopping spree, without the satisfaction of having a cart full of free groceries.

Sounds interesting...

Just a few QoL questions/requests from me...

Can the Mission Summary be changed for this mission with a grade for met objectives as opposed to kill count and individual awards given based on performance?

One of the things I noticed with the rescue revamp was that many players would choose to brute force their way through the mission and would   wind up teamed with players interested in stealth and finesse.

Using time to complete and an objectives met grade to comprise a score that determines the quality of the individual awards in missions of this type would go some distance toward resolving issues like those experienced in the rescue mission re-vamp. 

Will DE consider rebalancing Shade's Ghost ability to support missions of this type?

Every frame doesn't have the benefit of stealth tech. Which will leave players using a mix of enemy radar mods, and stealth based sentinels or companions.  Shade's Ghost ability has an abnormally long cooldown for the level of function it actually offers.

Will DE consider adjusting SFX assets for ranged weapons are equipped with silencing mods?

Simply put, this will let me know what team members intents are without me having to ask them....And it would sound cool.

If you dare create it in a way that allows people to run around and shoot everyone, causing mayhem, instead of going stealthily and tactically, I'mma treat it like I have treated capture missions.
Also, speaking of stealth... How come we don't have air takedowns and better collaboration with the environment (Such as killing a grineer by bashing their scull into a wall/bashing two grineer sculls together/ double takedowns that let us take two corpus/grineer/infested soldiers out together)?

Edited by Vogav

Erm, not to be the stick in the mud, but can Devs please post in normal text so those who use the Dark background are able to read it?

While the bullet points are white as normal, the rest of the text is black on a dark grey background.

... and before the usual "forumite" responses, no, I will not switch to the new scheme it is simply awful.

Edited by Egg_Chen

The corpus room design looks great! Love the aesthetic that the colors create with red being present.

It sounds somewhat like the present rescue mission mechanic wise. Feels like the mission may need something more unique.. Perhaps side objectives to disable the alarms, or hack doors leading to the datamass room?

Over all, very, very nice.

*dont hype. dont hype. dont hype... oh who am i trying to fool?!*

YES! i love you Whirrrrr!

stealth is one of my favorite game types. i hope to find more players that are inclined towards this game mode as well. but im afraid that we will be finding a lot of rushers spoiling the climax of these type of missions. i´d suggest considering some kind individual reward for each player according to their performance on the stealth side of the mission, contrary to punishing the whole squad if one player decides to rush and set up every single alarm. i dont know, dont want to make early conjectures.

finaly mods like hush, enemy sense and enemy radar will become more appealing. another suggestion that i would like to make, is to introduce new dual stat mods, and what a better oportunity than a quest. this dual mods could be: +x% damage/100% noice reduction for primary and secondary. and for melee... hmmm,  +25% stealth kill damage/+60% stealth kill speed ?? something in those lines?? idk im very excited.

the addition of new tile sets for this game mode is very relevant. i beleive that, as they are added, will enhance the experience greatly. i cant wait to see how this goes.

in short, thank you very much DE. i cant wait.

If you dare create it in a way that allows people to run around and shoot everyone, causing mayhem, instead of going stealthily and tactically, I'mma treat it like I have treated capture missions.

Also, speaking of stealth... How come we don't have air takedowns and better collaboration with the environment (Such as killing a grineer by bashing their scull into a wall/bashing two grineer sculls together/ double takedowns that let us take two corpus/grineer/infested soldiers out together)?

hold that thought my friend... i can see it coming already. hanging from a high wall an landing a killing blow over a cuple of enemies passing by. sam fisher FTW.