Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Not A Valid Excuse For Anything, Ever.

chuckdm

You can block the connections of toxic players, or players who are just detrimental to your Warframe experience, so you don't have to deal with them ever again.  But I'm not sure if that's really allowed.  

I was told putting such players on ignore would act like a black list stopping them from connecting to a game you're in but after some testing I found that simply isn't true.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Ugh...I should've known this would all get off track.  Here's the point I was trying to make: "It's just a game" is not an excuse, ever, period.

What he did is not why I bothered to start a thread.  The fact that he just couldn't admit he was wrong/stupid/sorry is why I started the thread.

I don't know anybody who apologizes for something that isn't their fault to begin with. He was playing how he enjoys to play the game. More power to him. If I saw someone getting riled up at me and riffing at me then I'd probably just say "It's just a game" too.

Seems to me there was a little bit of bias at work here. I won't go into it much but human nature and all that.

I've learn a lot more from playing mission with randoms than I would ever get from a steady team farming safely with OP gear.

Yes, sometimes we stumble on players who don't understand or just don't care what's happening in a mission or how important was the item dropped.

Sure, whoever said "it's just a game" was very wrong at the moment but you should be more focused on blaming DE for föcking the host migration rewards.

Just block him and move on. Apparently matchmaking then ignores them, so that's one more idiot you never have to deal with.

As for what he said, you should care about that even less.

Seriously.

It's the internet.

EDIT:

Before you reply

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/398761-this-is-not-a-valid-excuse-for-anything-ever/?p=4399641

Edited by Shifted

At this point, I'm waiting for him to admit he's either stupid, a new player, or something, ANYTHING to justify what he has done.  Instead, I see this: "It's only a game."

This isn't an excuse.  This is NEVER an excuse.  I am not expecting everyone to be a super-A+ pro gamer from hell.  But when you completely, totally, and royally FUBAR something, dear god, have the humility to admit you're stupid and say you're sorry, rather than pretending that it doesn't matter.

Blame yourself for treating a game so seriously. He had a holy right to leave and it wasn't his fault that you didn't get the part, but developers' who didn't polish migration system yet. You can always try to contact support.

1. you should message support about the DC after farming for the reciever

Also, i absolutely feel your pain about "its just a game"

I had the same argument with another person that said to me in the void, except he said "Its just a game. Have fun."

to which i replied

"What makes a game fun?

Progress and achievements.

How do you get progress and achievements?

Farming.

How do you farm effectively?

You get behind my damn Vortex and stop messing up the spawns with your Ash bladestorm play around the room"

His responce? "Leave then."

now now, you are probably just getting blood up there after seeing the guy that screwed you over your brakk and still being kinda casual about it.

but did the guy got bolted by the g3? since if you are bolted then after a certain time you will get auto kicked. maybe thats what happened. maybe.

it really is though, just a game. although that guy is using that phrase for the wrong reasons, if you #*($%%@ up, you done #*($%%@ it up and just playing innocent is going to be annoying for everyone. probably just one of those people that wont admit to anything

ive had crappy things happened to me in warframe too although mostly are technical issues such as bugs, crash, random server dc, random modem dc,etc. ive rarely had any failed missions caused by a player, but it still happens.

at the end of the day, you really just gotta think its just a game. since getting hot-headed and pissed will not help. its not like WF is going to affect your real life or anything. just chill and have fun.

1. you should message support about the DC after farming for the reciever

Also, i absolutely feel your pain about "its just a game"

I had the same argument with another person that said to me in the void, except he said "Its just a game. Have fun."

to which i replied

"What makes a game fun?

Progress and achievements.

How do you get progress and achievements?

Farming.

How do you farm effectively?

You get behind my damn Vortex and stop messing up the spawns with your Ash bladestorm play around the room"

His responce? "Leave then."

Your reply isn't any better, in fact it's the exact same garbage.

He's telling you how to have fun and you're telling him how to have fun, subjectivity doesn't work that way.

Ugh...I should've known this would all get off track.  Here's the point I was trying to make: "It's just a game" is not an excuse, ever, period.

What he did is not why I bothered to start a thread.  The fact that he just couldn't admit he was wrong/stupid/sorry is why I started the thread.

Right, but posting it in the forums isn't going to change human nature. You are essentially just venting, and there isn't much else to do but get off topic, or say, yah you are right, people on the internet can be jerks sometimes.

His profile said he had just over 3700 kills.  I'm presuming that by nearly 4k kills you have some vague idea what you're doing.  I suppose you COULD play that much and still be clueless.

Dude IF he had a total of 3700 kills he was a new guy probably barely MR 2. 3700 kills are NOTHING I played a couple of missions today and got 3900 kills. The hardcore dudes get 5 digit kills per day. I assume that he was pretty new and probably did not even know about Brakk drops or G3. 

And as frustrating as it sounds he was right, it is just a game after all, it is not like your life depended on it. I do feel sympathetic though, I would have fumed, *@##$ed and yelled as well but it does not change the fact that it is still just a game so it is better to get over it.

I have loadout with excalibur(no coloring,no attachments),lato,braton and skana called deceiver.

It's fun watching people get confused when a rank 18 player joins with this loadout and still does the job.

As for losing the Brakk part, it happens i lost couple of detron parts this way, usually takes few hours to simmer down.

I had a guy do this when i was on sechura tryna power level some stuff. im a mr16 player so i thought it was hilarious. there was a kid in the party and he was just furious. im so happy there's a mute function. 

Doesn't ignore them, had players that were in ignore appear in pubs.

Interesting.

In that case, either both you and them were matchmade to a third player, or this post is false:

You can ignore these players. It will prevent you from seeing them talk in chat, receiving and sending PM's, matchmaking to them if they are the host, and them matchmaking to you.

You can block the connections of toxic players, or players who are just detrimental to your Warframe experience, so you don't have to deal with them ever again.  But I'm not sure if that's really allowed.  

I was told putting such players on ignore would act like a black list stopping them from connecting to a game you're in but after some testing I found that simply isn't true.

Yeah, all that /ignore does is make it so you can't see what they say in chat.

Just block him and move on. Apparently matchmaking then ignores them, so that's one more idiot you never have to deal with.

As for what he said, you should care about that even less.

Seriously.

It's the internet.

Blocking only works on chat. Does not work on matchmaking.

Gonna be the Devil's Advocate here, so a thought for you people: He was trying to help you. 

Lets assume that this guy has a grasp of the game. He checks the forums (assuming it's a he) and reads up on the changes. He sees that now there's this "AFK penalty" thing going on. Meaning of you're out of revives and your team decides to take longer then 2 minutes to finish the mission, he gets damn near nothing for it. He's dead weight in the mission and even if he sticks around till the end, he won't get anything for it. 

Also lets assume that he doesn't know 100% that he's the host. Maybe he wasn't looking at the screen when the mission started so he didn't see himself being the first guy to drop down from the ceiling. There isn't a little mark next to your name showing that you are the host (at least none that i've notices). And maybe it was his 5/5 mission. The last mission he was gonna do that day. There are any numeber of reasons why he would use a frame with no revives, from it being his only frame, to him running with a "theme". As in he COULD use the rhino. but he won't because reasons. 

If I was him in this case, believing that I'm not the host (or even if I knew but was having a bit of a bad day), knowing full well that I'm not going to get anything out of this mission. I'd quit. What, I'm just supposed to sit there for a few minutes like an idiot, and then get the insult of receiving 500 credits at the end of it? Would you stand for that? Would you, honestly? 

And now imagine yourself in his position. Next mission ends, and this dipstick runs off about some RNG doohickey calling you an idiot and expecting you to apologize for something you had NO control over.

The hell, man!? I can think of more then a few not very nice things to say to you for that and the only better thing he could of done is simply ignore you and say nothing. But believeing in pride something has to be said so "This is just a game" is a completely valid statement because it is a FACT. Not just an excuse. It. Is. A fact. This is just a game. 

I get your frustration. I understand it because I know it. I've too farmed for something RNG for so long I just give up. But when you start to think about the bigger picture it might just be that you're the jerk here. Just saying.