The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akjagara, Could Have Been Awesome, But Misses The Mark.

ClockworkSpectre

I will start with what I like about the Akjagara.  They have a great fire rate and appropriate accuracy for a pistol, and I like the damage distribution on them(heavy on the slashing).  It also has a decent clip size, and reasonable ammo economy. 

But, this weapon just has some glaringly bad problems with it.  Primarily the recoil, its just way to high.  Considering the fire rate and damage of the weapon the massive recoil just does not make sense at all.  If you are not only a few meters away you won't hit your follow up shots if you don't slow your fire rate to half of what the Akjagara are capable of.  If it is supposed to be a brawler type of pistol(fits the idea of it having blades) then it should have higher damage to match its recoil.  If not, then the recoil should be reduced to make firing at mid to longer ranges viable when firing at, or nearly at the guns fire rate.  Another big issue, well it may not be a bid deal for everyone, it wasn't really a problem for me, but I could see it being a huge deal is its build costs.  Honestly it should have just required two boltos and not an akbolto,  but the biggest issue is that the performance of the gun does not match the resources that go into it.  

As far as the sound and look of the gun, I am kind of indifferent.  To me at least, they don't look bad, but don't look good either.  But they would have looked much better if the blades where in the same spot on both guns. 

And as a side note, it fires two bullets with one trigger pull.  Not sure yet how status % ties in with this, or whether the stated damage is for each bullet, or for the two together. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

i really wish their damage was higher and maybe had a couple more pellets. make it some sort of a Hek pistol. but jeez, the recoil is indeed out of wack, if they want us to put steady hands to not fire it at such a slow rate then more damage. it will also keep the weapons personality of these big &#! mean pistols.

I'm neutral on the recoil, Steady Hands definitely remedies the issue but that doesn't mean I would say no to toning it down a tiny bit. I also agree that the Akboltos requirement is a pain if you don't already happen to have a pair on hand. Not terrible weapons, but the time/crafting wall could easily be a turn-off for most people.

I've actually stacked 3 forma into it already and honestly it's pretty nice.

I really like the kick, and it's pretty manageable for me at least when I'm blasting away (feels somewhat like the single magnus and i loved that)

But yea if you go balls to the wall macro clicking (or just use a free spinning scroll wheel) that kick is hilarious.

All in all though, really like it, would stack my forth forma once it's out of the oven :l

The AkJagara should have had a pistol whip secondary fire. As it stands I really don't understand why the things need skana parts attached, its not like strapping a blade to a gun makes the bullets it shoot sharper. I also wish it had a bit more bass to its firing sound. It suffers from magnus syndrome.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Every gun just has to have high everything and no drawbacks don't they? The gun is meant to deal serious amounts of damage at close range the recoil is supposed to make shooting at mid-long range enemies harder. Steady hands help this a little bit but those ranges are still nonoptimal on purpose. If you want a gun good at all ranges try akvasto. There's no reason to complain about an intentional balance factor.

Also this gun is crazy powerful, the build costs really aren't that horrible, it's just more time to wait. This is a means to upgrade weaker weapons that new player might not want anymore into something better. I say don't worry too much about the build times just play the game while you wait.

I'd also like to see the recoil turned down a good bit. Sure you can score partial hits at long range, but the cone of spray already limits the weapon's peak performance to medium-short range even without the recoil.

And these things really do deserve to have some kind of melee related feature attached to them.  Would be awesome if right click got you fine aim if nobody is front of you, but if an enemy is within a meter or two then right clicking would slash the heck out of them with the blades and push them away.  (or maybe right click = slash and bash, but right-click-and-hold = fine aim)

Edited by Momaw

I stuck 4 forma on mine, it's not a bad gun. Steady hands is not a required mod, but it does make it usable past a shotgun's range. 

The problem I have with it is where it would fit in the progression. Its crafting cost is rather step while it is not that much better than an Akbolto. The only way its cost fits is if it is bought with platinum and not crafted. 

Edited by LazyKnight

The recoil can at least be fixed with Steady Hands, it makes the weapon for more manageable. What i find a far bigger problem is the large spread of your shots.

Even at a fairly close range you cannot reliable get headshots or hit with both bullets. Often one bullet will miss the mark entirely, there is no point trying to aim with this weapon. Just blaze it in the general direction of a group of enemies. And this cannot be fixed with mods.

not for mid to long range as it fires 2 rounds per click and always miss the center mark. pretty fun close range though. 

is it just me? how i wish this gun had a diff or new mechanic on secondary firing as melee attack or atleast have a new custom quick melee using the  blades on the pistols. 

-_-  Low accuracy and high recoil with innate multi-shot and high status?  Doesn't that sound kinda like a shotgun?

The akjagara shouldn't be compared to the akbolto, akmagnus, or akvasto, simply because the akjagara aren't pistols to be used with some amount of long range accuracy.  The akjagara really are closer to the Brakk and other shotgun secondaries, but by some wonderful compromise, do not suffer damage fall-off.

And...I, for one, am definitely with the players asking for some amount of pistol whipping.  Quick melee with a different weapon is one thing, but bladed weapons in the primary and secondary slots need some melee action.

-_-  Low accuracy and high recoil with innate multi-shot and high status?  Doesn't that sound kinda like a shotgun?

The akjagara shouldn't be compared to the akbolto, akmagnus, or akvasto, simply because the akjagara aren't pistols to be used with some amount of long range accuracy.  The akjagara really are closer to the Brakk and other shotgun secondaries, but by some wonderful compromise, do not suffer damage fall-off.

And...I, for one, am definitely with the players asking for some amount of pistol whipping.  Quick melee with a different weapon is one thing, but bladed weapons in the primary and secondary slots need some melee action.

Brakk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AkJagara. I think it is nicer to compare it to the AkMagnus or AkVasto.

But, this weapon just has some glaringly bad problems with it.  Primarily the recoil, its just way to high.  Considering the fire rate and damage of the weapon the massive recoil just does not make sense at all.  If you are not only a few meters away you won't hit your follow up shots if you don't slow your fire rate to half of what the Akjagara are capable of.  If it is supposed to be a brawler type of pistol(fits the idea of it having blades) then it should have higher damage to match its recoil.  If not, then the recoil should be reduced to make firing at mid to longer ranges viable when firing at, or nearly at the guns fire rate.  Another big issue, well it may not be a bid deal for everyone, it wasn't really a problem for me, but I could see it being a huge deal is its build costs.  Honestly it should have just required two boltos and not an akbolto,  but the biggest issue is that the performance of the gun does not match the resources that go into it.  

Having only used them to level 6 so far, I don't have any of the problems you're stating, so I'll completely disagree

PS, what's with the white highlighting?

I use Steady Hands on Secura D.Cestra and Pyrana

Stop lying, no one uses Dual Cestras but me and the mailman :p

Edited by DarkTails