February 27Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

2,276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The first question should be separated in two: would you like for DE to control prices on the market? Would you want to have an auction house?

Obviously, trading is a good thing for DE economy. I facepalm every time someone is oblivious to where platinum comes from. I bet same people don't have a clue about basic concepts of economy or real life in general. WF has a mature content so I assume I don't play with 10y old kids but I certainly feel like trading chat is filled with immature behavior from overpricing to begging.

Still, would it be reasonable to set price limits for items or limit what can be traded even more? Hell no. I bought fan made skins because I liked the idea, I did not fancy any of the winner designs. I would never sell these because the percent went to the creators.

Imagine if all community rebelled and stopped using plat in trades but went for items for basic mod transactions, only using existing platinum for unlocking slots. How fast would DE had to intervene? What if this is happening now, to some extend? Would you buy your monthly share of plat not for making game content more accessible but for supporting awkwardly clumsy company trying to make a profit without being obnoxiously greedy?

Out of pure curiosity, I'd love to see an auction house. All the Primed Chambers and legendary cores being on display, all the wonder on who even has 10000 plat... :3

Edited by Sannidor

Syndicate Allies:

They can be quite helpfull in the survival or defense syndicate missions.

That being said sometimes I just feel like stealthily completing some of the syndicate capture, exterminate or sabotage missions. Your allies really get in the way at that point, even with red veil or new loka who have silent weapons, they're doing more harm than good.

My suggestion would be that when you are in the mission you can interact with your allies (like press x to give secondary to rescue target).

And that interaction will either tell them to wait where they are or dismiss them entirely. Maybe a toggle for follow/stay put is an option too.

Edited by PAX_NL

Trading

I'm all for an auction house, the current method kinda sucks

Syndicate Allies

I usually only want to turn them off if I want to be stealthy. They will kinda murder any attempt at sneakiness, partially because the AI doesn't seem to differentiate between "That red dude shot me", "That Tenno I have no way of knowing is there, is there!" and "There's a manta in the desert!"

Silly things

If they are in such a way that they won't annoy my more serious friends, than yes.

Volt Abilities

All except Overload seem fine to me. Overload, kinda feels like it should do something more. Don't know what, but something. There seems to be a trend of adding CC effects to ultimates, and Overload stunlocking most of the map would be interesting... Perhaps too similar.

Allied Energy Bars

I'd like as much information as possible on my allies current state.

Volt:

Major problem of Volt for me is low armor. When you get proc'ed by enemies healt goes down too quickly and with high level enemies you cannot count only on shield. Ok Volt have Electric Shield that is good but this force you to stand on a corner or just fixed in a spot for a while. Not a big deal in my opinion.

Talking on skills:

Electric Shield and Shock are good as is.

Speed has good utility and a nice augment, but i would like to give teammates the possibility to toggle it off like Limbo's Banish

Overlord depend too much from range mods imo, and it need some twicking. No idea for good change at the moment, but i think every little change to the skill will be appreciated from all of our brothers Tenno.

In general, to find a well rounded build for Volt as it is now, force players make too much compromises, when other Warframe makes the job easier and better.

Speed -----> Zephyr with Jet Stream is better

Overlord ---> Hydroid Tentacle Swarm is better

Shock is ok like I said (maybe give more base range to it).

Electric Shield shines and worth using Volt in some specific situation.

Edited by -CM-Angus

If there was an option to dismiss Syndicate allies I would for New Loka missions but I would stop dismissing them if I ever heard that they stoppe dusing Sancti Castanas.  I jhave no issue with them being there to help in theory, I issues with their methods.  Red Veil Operatives are fine and from the few missions I've played with for the other Syndicates they seem fine.  The Castanas spam has to stop though...

oJmw2Xj.jpg

It's not funny...

kBaCo83.jpg

Trade prices: Trade prices are generally unfair. But really it's up to the individual to whether or not to fork out. I personally would not pay more than 10p for a mod, or a prime part. 25p for a prime set.

Syndicate Allies: Although PS4 hasn't got syndicate allies yet, I really look forward to it, and I would not disable it, it sets the mood.

Silly Additions: I think silly additions are okay, but most of them should be timed like the mo's.

Volt: I think Volt is pretty fine where he is right now. no major tweaks needed, maybe some minor ones, but I'll let those who use volt more often decide. I used him for a while but thought he was well balanced personally.

Energy Bars: Yes, just yes. We really need these, it's useful for knowing what kind of assistance the team requires without communication.

PLAYER TRADE PRICES

They generally sort themselves out. I don't trade often.

SILLY THINGS

I want a grate prime codex entry. Or maybe have Tyl Regor be an amateur comedian, that tells the tenno jokes as he's fighting them. Or just gives them sick burns.

VOLT

Volt is in a pretty good place right now. The only things I would change is giving overload more electrical sources besides light, a lower casting time, and electric shield being able to be picked up a la shield lancer.

Other than that he's good. Shock is a good emergency CC, and speed is always good, except maybe for the FOV boost.

Like the idea of Tyl regor doing dynamic insults. Although really it would be good if all bosses did.

Volt:

Ive been sayign this forever but nobody seems to notice

Volt isnt that great because he is the only frame in the game who has to optimize every Aspect

his low power means he needs power and efficiency

Speed, Shock and Overload need/use powerstrength so negative powerstrength is bad for him

Speed Overload and Shield use Duration

all of this hampers his usage of the Corrupted mods

Ive been saying for a while volt needs some sort of look at, is he meant to be a melee Hybrid like Loki, or a Caster like Nova

cos he cant be both

Market

I don't see the unregulated market as a bad thing. It simply means that it becomes the buyer's responsibility to know what they are buying, instead of relying on a bank or a government to police the system on their behalf. The extent of DE's involvement in market prices, if they get involved at all, should be to report rather than proscribe. It doesn't even really fit the theme of the game to do more, since the only authority the Tenno recognize is Lotus and she is very hands-off.

A persistent auction house would destroy prices by making the process of market saturation exponentially faster. You would end up with a situation where every primed weapon and warframe could be bought for peanuts, trivializing both player's individual growth and your own market. Games with active and successful auction houses typically have dynamically generated gear with class or level restrctions, meaning that there is a dizzying number of possibilities for who wants what, and when...and also a much smaller chance that loot you get is relevant to you. They also tend to have super-rare items or items which are both hard to get and consumable so supply is constantly being used up. In Warframe, there are no restrictions on equipment and no rare consumables, meaning the supply of goods to sell is absolutely massive and people only need to buy once.

Syndicate allies

Useful most of the time.  If we had a feature where we could "interact" on them to toggle between follow/no follow, then it would be great.

Silly things

I don't like silly things, but I don't begrudge other people having them so long as it doesn't interfere with my own gameplay experience.

Volt

IMO Volt is a mostly excellent frame. Shock, Speed, and Shield all have significant benefits and let this frame do a lot of things. However: Overload needs help. The reliance on destroying environment objects to work properly makes the result of using Overload wildly variable, and strictly one-use-per-tile.

Ally energy bars

Yes please. Extremely useful for Trinity, and moderately useful to get a better sense of what other people are doing. ("They have 2hp...how big a battery do they have for quick thinking and should I be worried about them?"   "This player isn't doing the thing that seems obvious to do in our situation, are they out of energy?")

Syndicate Allies
Arbiters' are obnoxious. Would love some interaction with them as in "press X to stop/follow".

Also they killsteal, QQ

Silly things
No. Warframe is srs bsns.

Volt
That's the guy you'd want to base your balancing decisions off of. He's, like, one of the most balanced ones in the game, followed by, perhaps, Oberon.

One thing I'd say is that Overload needs more oomph. More utility and/or more sources it could use to scale its damage.

Ally energy bars
Obviously a must for Trinity players. Limbo would be pleased, too.

Do you think players generally set fair trade prices?

Given I've had people trying to sell me a single Scindo blade or a Nova chassis for +100p, no, I don't think most prices are anything close to fair. But I don't blame that on players, I blame that on you, DE, for never fixing the horrible drop rates for some items.

In your opinion, which Volt abilities need a revision the most?

I don't think Volt's main problem are his abilities, though I agree Shock and Overload could use a revision or two. I've also seen people complain about his speed, but I don't think that should be changed, otherwise, why would he need a speed buffing ability? My big problem with Volt is his stamina - how can I use an ability that buffs speed and melee, if running and hitting enemies consumes all of it in a second? That problem only gets worse if I'm using Arcane Storm helmet. So, I'd say, increase his stamina to be on par with other melee-oriented frames, like Valkyr.

Second problem: armor. When I started playing back in U12, my Volt was a great tank. As long as I kept my shields up, I could soak any amount of damage any faction would throw at me as well as a Rhino, and most of the time it was me keeping my team of Mags, Excals and Lokis alive. Now, recently enemies have received lots of accuracy/damage output buffs (the latter in the form of ever constant slash/toxic procs), to the point Warframe armor in general became obsolete. A 15 value is the same as nothing, so we'd better off not having armor at all in that case. Sure, people complained about not being able to use shields and we got Overshields, but what for? They still don't protect from direct health damage. If anything, I hope Volt Prime at least gets a decent amount of armor.

How often do you wish you could see ally energy bars?

If I'm in a team playing EV Trinity or doing any sort of long mission that requires lots of energy, that'd be very useful, yes.

Edited by kingbaldwin

Do what steam does.

Some items purchased for %VALVE_GAME% either in-game or on the Steam Community Market will not be tradable or marketable for one week after purchase. 

You can make trading lock last long depending on price or just set values manually.

Maxed serration is not tradable for a week, if you sold another one few days ago it will be locked for longer, additional locks for each 10pt you paid.

More serrations you already have more lock time you will get on new one you bought, something like that will decrease speculations with prime parts but wont help with event mods and time limited offers.

My thoughts for Volt:

I have to admit I couldn't answer any questions but Volt's Buff. Before starting, I've never used Volt, so don't rage on me xD Well, anyway, here we go.

Shock could be turned in an excellent CC ability. It just needs to stun multiple enemies in its range.

Speed is okay right now. Some visuals could be added, like electric veins in our Warframes.

No opinion on Electric Shield. I guess is a good ability.

Overload needs better damage levels to face against non-Corpus units. Duration could affect its secondary effects on them. I would also remove the conditions on electronic devices, and just add it as visuals. Don't forget about the damage Buff I said before.

#Frostneedslove

The only way we know what the price of things are is through having a free market of trading. There's not really such thing as a fair price either, if someone tries to sell something higher than what it's worth then not many people will buy it. You don't have to buy anything and people should make informed decisions on wether it's worth what they are paying and not overpriced compared to other people. The in game market is where you get the ridiculous platinum prices anyway, people selling things too high pales in comparison to the prices there. Gold fusion go for about 1 platinum each in trade chat but in the market you can pay 80 platinum for a chance at 2 rare cores.

Do you think players generally set fair trade prices?

Generally, yes. The platinum needed is fair for the rarity most of the time. I do suggest implementing a trade post of sorts in relays wherein we could put our wares and its corresponding price. Going into the trading chat is just annoying for me.

Would you deactivate Syndicate Allies if you had the option?

If the mission requires stealth to complete (i.e. Rescue and Spy), then I would disable them. Tweaking their AI would be another good idea as well.

Do you think Warframe needs more silly additions?

Nothing too drastic IMO. Silly things that do not affect gameplay would be alright for me.

In your opinion, which Volt abilities need a revision the most?

His Overload definitely needs a revision. Despite how powerful it is and the tactics behind it to bring its power, its "one-time use" makes it lackluster nuke compared to other nukes in game. My idea for a revision is similar to Razor's Eye of the Storm from DotA 2 where in lightning bolts pulse out from Volt for a certain duration. All his other abilities are fine though. (His Shock Trooper Augment could use better ways of applying the damage buff to his allies.)

How often do you wish you could see ally energy bars?

All the time. It improves team play a lot. I would also suggest making ally debuffs appear as well (for those abilities / Augments curing debuffs).

Overload is probably the thing in most dire need of some kind of buff or rework.  While it can do respectable damage occasionally the fact that it's big damage is incredibly situational (the whole, relying on other electronics thing) means it's a bit iffy to use, even more so because the electronics are single use.  The stun is good when it procs, but it doesn't always do that for some reason.  I would say the easiest alteration would be to change the skill from overloading actual electronics/lights to overloading enemies internal electronics (either organic enemies bioelecticity or robotics well...robotics); possibly making it so damage increases with the number of enemies in the radius.  

Basically, Volt uses the power and sends out a pulse, every enemy in the radius is stunned and takes the default 225 damage, then electricity bursts from their bodies jumping to enemies in range and damaging them but also supercharging the radius of the power dealing additional damage to everything the the area based on the number of enemies, possibly dealing 100 damage per enemy at max rank (affected by power strength maybe?).  This makes the power still situational since it requires a larger number of enemies to still do bigger damage but doesn't require as much of a specific situation as needing non-destroyed electronics in the radius.

Also, on the topic of the stun, it needs to have the highest priority, the stun should work no matter what animation the enemy is in.  That's probably one of the biggest things for me, like I said, the stun doesn't always work on every enemy.

Edited by Aumaan

I would love to be able to see ally energy bars; things like Team Restores and Trinity's Energy Vampire would be significantly easier to use appropriately if we could actually see how much energy our teammates have, and how quickly they're using it.

Actually, if it wouldn't be too connection intensive, I'd like to get displays of teammate buffs/debuffs (status procs), and power timers (in that order of priority, of course). The buffs/debuffs would help for support abilities that can cure debuffs, and the buff component may aid coordination of support abilities. Power timers would mostly be nice because of CC abilities, where knowing that a power is about to expire (or was just used, see cases where the CC has a cast time that results in teams with more than one of that frame frequently using the same power in the same spot because it wasn't obvious that one had already done so) might be rather helpful at times.

I'd personally go on and say that Volt's ability kit is fine as it is. It slightly leans toward the "Boring but practical" side of Warframe abilities. All of his abilities stay relevant (probably except for Overload in later-end levels, but that seems more to do with enemy scaling) in the game as Electric damage has the nice stun proc attached to it. (As far as I, know Volt's Shock and Overload have 100% proc chance.) Coming from someone who first picked and stuck with Volt since CBT days (and thus seeing all of the changes done to him over time), I'd say his current ability kit as a whole is in the sweet spot of damage, utility, and viability.

If you make a bidding auction, prices will only spiral skywards as the highest bid wins.

If it will be a market-type auction, where players set lots and a fixed price to them, it will create a downward race of prices, as the lower price, the more chances to cell.

Currently there is a degree of uncertainty, as usually people only state what they cell or by, and the price is bargained via PM.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

My problem with Volt is his speed speeds everyone up, leaving him choking in their dust if they're in range (which is pretty generous). Shock does crowd control, but requires too much accuracy to hit someone. And his Overload doesn't do enough damage.

Regardless of the arguments by your other players, his codex says that he's a high-damage warframe that serves as a potent (very, very powerful) alternative to gunplay (Nova does that job better). But his current skillset and powers do not match this.

So, which is he? Is he support or is he supposed to be a walking powerhouse (pun intended)?

Yeah, yeah, I hear players are saying "he's fine", but I don't see them using Volt on a regular basis if he's so good, so there's something wrong. A walking powerhouse should by no means be "fine" and "slightly boring but useful", they're supposed to be high-intensity (see what I did there?)

Please consider reworking your Volt to match his codex entry, or change his entry altogether.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3