Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are So Many Mastery 10+ Players So Arrogant?

Duyet

Playing with newer players (with mics) is actually fun. Most will ask questions and want to learn some stuff. I've pkayed with a few high ranking @sshats, once you jump on the mix and actually talk with them, as with a lot of games, they chill out. There are always smug elitist that you just flat out want to avoid, as with every game.

Mastery meant something awhile ago. Now however with rep farming, it means nothing.

Its opposite on my part, I find single digits players more toxic than double ones.

like there was a guy(mr 7) who kept on and on and on about his *Ash* kill during the interception alert

saying he was better than everyone just because he had the biggest kill and said everyone was useless.

IMO the reason why I like playing with players with high mr is because I know what their doing.

(Not that I have ever isolated lowbies before, truth be told I enjoy playing/teaching them)

As they rank up players tend to get more and more uptight and arrogant. The turning point is, from what I've seen, around rank 6-8. This starts to carry on til around MR 13-15. Once they hit that last phase they start becoming more humble. The highest ranks are the nicest from what I've seen.

As they rank up players tend to get more and more uptight and arrogant. The turning point is, from what I've seen, around rank 6-8. This starts to carry on til around MR 13-15. Once they hit that last phase they start becoming more humble. The highest ranks are the nicest from what I've seen.

Some. Not all. People are going to be people. I am not the best player out there, but I am not the worst either. I know this. Some high level players are like me. Others define the word 'jerk'.

Frankly? I treat people as they treat me. Support the team, work with me and I will work with you. Be a jerk or a door hero and you get nothing from me.

Edited by Kalenath

People like to assume, based on the facts that they currently know. Which is a bad thing, since they don't know the whole truth/fact. But it's how people have grown to put 2 and 2 together, which is to assume based on the fact.

Is it always a good thing? No. Is it accurate? No. Why do we do it anyway? Who really knows....

You said you were joking when you said in the recruiting channel that you were looking for a team, and no "noobs".

You were joking, but jokes/sarcasm don't always translate correctly when reading textually. Also the fact that the term "noob" is always used derogatorily...

It was probably part of the joke, but yeah.... they don't always come across as a joke, and sometimes it just goes over their heads.

Try not to take things too personally. That's the only advice. It's hard to do. Sometimes I can't help but take things personally, but at least try to enjoy the game or company of the good people that you do meet.

Time is wasted on the people that put you down.

My frined was pretty cool about helping me start Warframe, dragged me through the grind and stuff,but recently he hit MR17 and turned into a real @sshole for some reason. He didn't really get any better (I beat him in the dojo all the time) but he keeps thinking he's so pro because he's high and I'm only at 8. I suppose fools will be fools.

taunt
tônt/
noun
noun: taunt; plural noun: taunts
  1. 1.
    a remark made in order to anger, wound, or provoke someone.
    synonyms: jeer, jibe, sneer, insult, barb, catcall; More
    informaldig, put-down;
    teasing, provocation, goading, derision, mockery
    "the taunts of his classmates"
verb
verb: taunt; 3rd person present: taunts; past tense: taunted; past participle: taunted; gerund or present participle: taunting
provoke or challenge (someone) with insulting remarks.
"students began taunting her about her weight"
synonyms: jeer at, sneer at, scoff at, poke fun at, make fun of, get at, insult, tease, chaff, torment, goad, ridicule, deride, mock, heckle, ride; More

I know what a taunt is... and what you wrote sounds more like a statement followed by "lol" ....which is commonly thrown out whether or not the user is actually laughing so it can basically be ignored.

Next time a random says something that sounds remotely passive aggressive, use your iron skin and get on with your day. A sentence like that shouldn't irk you IMO.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Based off the information provided, you're jumping to conclusions and overreacting.

Call me arrogant if you want but that's how I see it. I think it's less the MR making people arrogant and more your perception of their behavior.

In the first situation, I wouldn't have called the guy out for not rezzing me, the capture target gets away and the entire team loses a mission bonus.

Void runs are a sticky one. The guy saying you were a liability was silly, especially if he didn't inspect you before hand or asked you what your set up was.

The Syndicate mission, I would have tried talking to the guy. He may have had coffee spill on his keyboard or someone asked him a question and was semi AFK. Since you're not in the room with him, you don't know what's going on.

The last one, a few others have touched on this already. People can't tell when you're joking unless you flat out say "I'm joking." I don't blame the guy for calling you out, but blocking you right afterward was odd.

Mastery Rank doesn't mean much to me. Would I prefer someone on my team that knows what they are doing? Of course. But never will I exclude.

I see a Mastery Rank 4 or below, I watch out for them. Because I know thy might not know entirely what they are doing and need the support.

Im MR 17 and I take care of lower lvls and always help them out, I actually met a few low lvl strangers (like MR 0) and I used to mentor them about the game for a couple weeks, reason why I dont mentor them anymore is because they blossomed into pros

I've found more the mastery 7/8 players are more arrogant imo. That's just my experience however.

^^ so true 

I don't think all of us 10+ playing are jerks. I'm rank 13 and I try to be courteous to other players, i'd think that having that kind of experience is just bad luck honestly. Being a higher rank doesn't make me less susceptible to failure, I make mistakes all the time and I know it, I've just had lots of time to acquire and max random weapons. On the other hand I have met people who are jerks, and rant and rave whenever I go down, or don't do what they want me to do because they're so gloriously awesome that I must understand their master plan. Even high MR players aren't immune to jerks, I guess it's just that jerks with high MR feel more entitled to being such.

I can actually agree with the OP... I'm MR 17 and I'm still being talked to like I don't know the game by MR10+. It's extremely annoying when I know what to do when to do it.

PS. I don't hallway hero and always stick next to the group like a teddy bear stuck to the right arm of a toddler :I

Edited by prideofshadows

Arrogant MR0 players logs in WF for the first time, arrogant MR0 plays and level up. One month later, arrogant MR0 player becomes an arrogant MR10 player.

That's all. You don't become a jerk once you reach a high Mastery Rank. Keep in mind that the world is full of tools.

Some noobs stay noobs and don't understand that MR =/= skill.

I'm MR 8 atm but was 6 for a very long time because I decided to forma all my useful weapons and frames up to 4 times.

If I haven't done this I would be MR 10 or so but still using weak weapons.

What do players prefer? a 4 forma torid and a 2 forma vauban wielded by a MR6 player or a 0 forma rhino and a 0 forma amprex by a MR 12?

Sadly it's the last one because you can't see how well these things are modded.

MR based on playtime or number of difficult missions accomplished will be better but will probably make some people rage...