Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.1.4

DE_Adam

What's the point in making a patch note for *one* little patch?

How about stop sucking up to DE. You really think they didn't notice the reward "bug" they claim when they remove the 4 chroma stacking credits buff on top of each other? It's just a disgusting marketing strategy DE employs. And look at the tone of DE in the hotfix, it's just disgusting. If they cant get their S#&$ right, why release the S#&$ in the first place. Do they even play their game? If they do, what takes them so long to realise this and fix it. 

how about at least letting us enjoy it for the weekend? ''DE doesn't work in the weekend' they do if they want to nerf something, shi-

You are supposed to enjoy the weekend, they gave us double credit weekend. You aren't meant to quadruple your credits because of 1 frame.

People are soo greedy and selfish, it's ridiculous.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Edited by kiteohatto

You are supposed to enjoy the weekend, they gave us double credit weekend. You aren't meant to quadruple your credits because of 1 frame.

People are soo greedy and selfish, it's ridiculous.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I have no idea what a horse has to do with any of this but is it really that bad to just let us enjoy it for 2 days? fixes? oh they can wait till after the weekend because nobody in the office, a nerf? oh S#&$ we'll get right on it.

Sure wish DE would focus on the "quality" they promised instead of coming in on a weekend to make a hotfix for something that only lowered the grind. Yeah it was a bug, but it helped to reduce grind dammit. People wouldn't be this upset if the grind weren't all that bad, but sadly, it is.

DE is easily in the top 5 of my favorite game dev's but you guys are really starting to make me doubt you.You shove several things in our face that require a fair amount of grind, and the very second the grind gets easier, you gotta push the line right back. Couldn't have even waited til the end of the weekend to fix it? Come on guys. How about you focus on the bugs that matter instead of a bug that does nothing but reduce grind.

Well Chroma, I showed you the World. I potatoed you, I fed you formas. Then, a glare. They saw you as unfair, now I'll have to lock you in a closet, others best you in your current state. I enjoyed our brief friendship.

To tank maybe?, oh valkyr is invulnerable... To give bonuses? Trinity, augments... To damage? ...

He's all around avearage, very good survivability but no chance on scaling though.

Credit booster + Special weekend + special frame powers = 140k for 1 mission reward. It's nothing on a large scale, it was the beggining of reducing the credits grind.

Not long ago void missions gave a similar amount, and there were non of the absurd credit sinks we have currently. DE seriously should revise this.

Edit: Forgot to mention, credit rewards don't even scale (wave5 = wave 60, *nudge* *nudge*).

Dude what do you smoke?

Probably I don't have enough skill to control them. It is just too fast for me, I always fly out of bounds :P.

Haha, particularly Volt requires a bit more effort with it's lovely FOV changes with Speed as opposed to Zephyr's low gravity and Tailwind distance and/or angle. Or at least I had that down a lot faster. A lot of it is also practice result of a lot of cap/void runs though ^^, to the point of where I can navigate by open map @_@.

I have no idea what a horse has to do with any of this but is it really that bad to just let us enjoy it for 2 days? fixes? oh they can wait till after the weekend because nobody in the office, a nerf? oh S#&$ we'll get right on it.

It wasn't a nerf, it was a bugfix, which people were exploiting.

Yes, there is a difference. You don't seem to understand that.

Hotfix 16.1.4.1

- Fixed total end-of-mission credit reward being doubled if Chroma's Effigy was active at the time of extraction.

Edit: This fix does not affect the extra credits received from enemies that were killed by Effigy during the mission.

'cause who cares to fix Mesa's melee bug after using Peacemaker, right? Like many other bugs. Let's nerf Chroma instead.

But seriously, I thought Chroma x2 credits were intended. Like, you know, DE are talking about 'less grind more fun' and all that stuff, and that was their first step in that direction. Shame I was wrong.

'cause who cares to fix Mesa's melee bug after using Peacemaker, right? Like many other bugs. Let's nerf Chroma instead.

But seriously, I thought Chroma x2 credits were intended. Like, you know, DE are talking about 'less grind more fun' and all that stuff, and that was their first step in that direction. Shame I was wrong.

Your definition of "less grind and more fun" is not the same as DE's. 

Bro do you even grindframe? The amount of creds and cores needed to max a few good mods is insane, and inhumane to achieve normally unless you either sacrifice your life to the grindGod or constantly buy cred boosters and even so you still need a bunchaton cores.

It could also be argued that the maxing of said mods is not necessary. I've been playing almost 2 years, and i have one R10 mod maxed out, which is Vitality. The reasons I wanted to finally max it after having it R8 for the majority of my time playing were 1) health-tanking with Saryn; 2) the Grineer and their stupid slash procs; and 3) I had the extra 1-2 points (depending on if it was in a polarity slot or not) on all my frames that were using it.

I've never felt the need to take my Serration and Hornet Strike higher than R8. Mods like Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude aren't necessary to max out, as we all know power damage falls off hard at a certain point, no matter how much of it you stack (with a few exceptions). The rest of the Rare 10 mods are completely down to preference, and how you want to min-max your gear. There is absolutely no necessity to maxing them out, therefore the grind to do so is by choice.

Disclaimer: This is obviously just my opinion, and based on my experience and time/resources invested into this game. In the end, to each his/her own.

Do you even use Chroma? He's useful for everything.

Terrible damage. Can't kill anything for that credit drop to be even remotely useful, at least I personally can't yet/I don't know the playstyle yet.

Good tank up 'till about level 50 Grineer, with maxed armor/almost max strength on it.

That's about it.

He's a better tank than our current tanks Frost, rhino and Valkyr. Valkyr only surpasses him because of straight up invincibility. His hex armour puts all other tanking skills to shame.

He is the most versatile frame to date, being able to be mod for efficiency for effigy or for power and duration for hex and ward. Not to mention coming with 4 different other element

If credits was the only reason to play chroma you have no played him, at all.

People who think Chroma is only useful for credits are likely the same who believe nekros can only use desecrate.

Effigy is garbage due to its damage, though: it can't do ANY damage to anything higher than level 30, really. Range is low; not affected by range mods whatsoever. Stun? Yeah. Only useful on defense missions, same with his breath, which is a moving Effigy. The breath, his first power, is by far a lot stronger than Effigy ( I think they do the same damage? ) due to the fact you KEEP your armor on you and you're mobile.

i can tank level 809999043250203459432905292349053920959043290 heavy gunner with limbo

also survive raid 

I would not really call it win-win situation tho

because you know...there are actually characters like trinity or loki with disarm that help whole team with something much more important that some small buff or ''survival'' itself

I do not say that Chroma is bad

I just say it is not character that I would invite to any game-mode because I have better options

[well i would before this credit fix]

... Being invincible in the rift isn't tanking... You put that level of an enemy in the rift with you, lets see you eat damage. Wait. You can't because Limbo isn't a tank. 

ffs.

Terrible damage. Can't kill anything for that credit drop to be even remotely useful, at least I personally can't yet/I don't know the playstyle yet.

Good tank up 'till about level 50 Grineer, with maxed armor/almost max strength on it.

That's about it.

*cough cough* Crowd Control *cough *cough*

Honestly after a while it gets annoying seeing how much people complain that Chroma deals 'terrible damage'. Pretty much all of the non-overpowered/regular frames deal 'terrible damage' once you get past a certain point. Chroma is no different, sure, but unlike some of the other warframes Chroma has some decent close-range CC and survivability.

Drop down an effigy and it will a) soak up damage b) scream and give all the enemies in the area a headache for a few seconds and c) spreads some lovely status effects, I recommend cold or electricity, maybe fire if you wanna spread panic. The only down downside is that is the worst energy-sink of all time, ever. I mean, 10 energy per second and you lose the ability to gain energy from restores? That's just downright sad.

Bro do you even grindframe? The amount of creds and cores needed to max a few good mods is insane, and inhumane to achieve normally unless you either sacrifice your life to the grindGod or constantly buy cred boosters and even so you still need a bunchaton cores.

These bonuses are little compared to the grindwall every tenno faces daily (But of course still welcome, like rain in a desert)

Also, kudos to the guy who pointed out how fast they fix the grindfest workarounds.

I do grind, but I take it much easier than some of you guys here. When you consider logging into Warframe with a certain dread that you have to grind all the day, perhaps it's a good moment to step away from it a few days and take a break. Since that sounds like you get burned out by it.

Fix on Credit doubling, understood, however:

Chroma is released - with credit boost as his main addition to a party

Immediately after - a double credit weekend

Was this not seen by ... everyone, as done on purpose?

Now - to take advantage - we spend platinum on a double credit boost

Chroma - not done yet?  Spend more platinum to rush him so you can use him on the perfect weekend obviously released FOR Chroma.

40p + 50p + 25p + 25p + 25p... some of us are now out 165p so we could farm credits this weekend, and then they take it away.

Great job sucking platinum off everyone intelligent, and then throwing it in our faces by immediately removing the reason to have spent it, after we spent money just to get credits... so yeah, some people are a bit annoyed.  Not everyone, but then again you probably didn't just blow plat you never would have spent to rush something you didn't need until this weekend dangled it in our faces.

Although, just to be clear, I was explaining it not complaining, Chroma is still a great frame, double credit + booster is still worth it, just wish I hadn't rushed Chroma for this weekend and only got a few runs in before it got patched.  Great job DE's, my only advice would be in this sort of situation, I think I would have waited till after the credit weekend bonus to 'fix' this apparently unintended use of a new frame/ability.  Less people complaining that way at least.

...Back to credit grinding.

So you rushed Chroma for the sake of knowing that the credit issue could be a bug and possibly gets fixed, but you went for exploiting it anyway?

I guess that serves you right when they fixed it.

I agree that's a bug/exploit that should be fixed, but when? I think in a couple days after Chroma release, right?

Chroma release: 03/19/2015

One week later: Woohoo! Double Weekend Event!

<And BAM!>

Hotfix 16.1.4.1

- Fixed total end-of-mission credit reward being doubled if Chroma's Effigy was active at the time of extraction.

...but definitely not after a week during Double Crs event.

As i said before, yeah, this should be fixed, but seriously, guys... You choose a bad time to release Effigy fix.

It's not even a hotfix for Archwing, when it suddenly freezes/crashes or when you can't use Primary and Melee or not even a fix for Pigment Research Time (when it was discovered? In the middle of Dec 2014, if i'm not wrong)...

...it's a single fix in the middle of the (Double Crs) weekend for additional x2 Crs boost.

So, [no fun allowed] Effigy had the highest priority? Okay...

It was unintended. So they fixed it. Why is everyone whining

Because it passed a week since Chroma release and his first Credit boost tweak. And if DE didn't say anything, didn't create a PSA about it after new reports -- maybe it was a feature?

Who knows, maybe for the first time some kind of fun was allowed and there was less grind. And now, during Double Credits Weekend they deployed a fix for extra boost. What do you expected, mate? That everyone will say «thanks»? Naaah, no way.

If they released it before DCW (or after), sure, then everyone wouldn't complain about that. What's important is not the fact that Effigy got fixed, but the fact when it was fixed. A situation which made people frustrated.

I hope I clarified it a bit c:

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Sure, mostly there's someone better in any category, but Chroma does have one thing no other frame does. He can pick his melee weapon then use it for frigging ever (Valkyr is basically locked down to 1 melee weeapon), mixed with duration, rage, and life strike he's nearly unkillable, and while Vex armor is up, he can turn 3000 damage PER HIT from a rakta balistica into 21000 or more PER HIT. Non-crit I might add.

Mix in thunder chroma for mad vegeance when they hit you, Chroma because a melee monstrosity that doesn't care what you bring to the table because this dragon's got claws. Hek, if you go poison you can use the breath move to bypass shields entirely to wipe low levels out nearly immediately, and poison procs stack indefinitely making it possible to bleed down entire groups of mid-level enemies if built for that.

I would suggest actually trying to use a frame before saying it has no value now that a 'non-essential function' was practically removed. That was a for fun thing that got out of hand so they scaled it back. Calm your bum bum.

Think I touched some right points but in an offensive way, which made several people only read 'chroma has no value' from what I wrote.

Chroma, to me, is but a different approach on Mirage. While he has somewhat stable survivability he looses on damage, while both being good at it.

I wouldn't however, in his current state, include him in most parties (LF Chroma?). Same reason why Rhino usage dropped so much, other frames have better CC's, better buffing and better damage. He is still a good frame nonetheless, useful for certain scenarios. The credit potential made him have an unique place, if his ability was tweaked to increase the amount further than right now, it might actually be worthwhile.

Wow... so many comments saying chroma's "useless" now... not sure if they really believe that or they have no idea what they're talking about, either way, they should probably want to use that frame before talking bs.