Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Ambulas With A Giant Bursa, Replace Phorid With A Giant Juggernaut?

Tuxie

I mean, just think about it. Both of the player designs were scaled down in order to fit into tile sets, wouldn't it be pretty awesome if we saw a giant version of those to replace the current placeholder bosses? Ambulas is just a black MOA right now, and Phorid is just a large, red charger. It'd be so much more awesome to see those replaced with the new Bursa and Juggernaut as a much better placeholder boss for those two.

Edited by LilithLovett

I mean, just think about it. Both of the player designs were scaled down in order to fit into tile sets, wouldn't it be pretty awesome if we saw a giant version of those to replace the current placeholder bosses? Ambulas is just a black MOA right now, and Phorid is just a large, red charger. It'd be so much more awesome to see those replaced with the new Bursa and Juggernaut.

That'd be pretty neat. +1

And Phorid desperately needs a new model, because, unlike Ambulas, the charger model makes no sense whatsoever for Phorid. To have a charger that size, the original Grineer that got infested would have to be that size. The model works as a temporary placeholder, but is bad enough that... it should have been replaced long ago. The introduction of the juggernaut gives a good, low-effort opportunity for replacing the model. Yes please!

And sure, Ambulas too. Because why not?

I would prefer they got their own models rather than just rescaling other enemies, which is exactly what they did before.

I don't think OP ever meant that to be the full replacement but rather a temporary one that would make more sense than current models.

Could make it so Juggernauts are just Phorid babies. Make Phorid look like a infestation queen. But not just bigger. turn the boss into the room itself. Like a pulsating mess that spawns Juggernauts and any other number of infested. And you're required to lure Juggernauts into slamming specific parts of the room to kill that infestations queen.

Edited by Firetempest

no replaces, "some planet-(system)" needs a new boss =) for opening a possible new one where we can get the catbrows & meet(fight) the sentients ... :P

The idea is not to ACTUALLY have a scaled up regular mob be an official boss, just a fancy updated place holder. And Ambulas and Phorid models will be replaced someday regardless.

Let's replace placeholders with another placeholders.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

Jokes aside, it legitimately is.

turn the boss into the room itself.

And this is already the plan for the new J-3 Golem :P

Edited by rapt0rman

And Phorid desperately needs a new model, because, unlike Ambulas, the charger model makes no sense whatsoever for Phorid. To have a charger that size, the original Grineer that got infested would have to be that size. The model works as a temporary placeholder, but is bad enough that... it should have been replaced long ago. The introduction of the juggernaut gives a good, low-effort opportunity for replacing the model. Yes please!

And sure, Ambulas too. Because why not?

Not to mention that the Juggz was shown to have a spike launch attack, which Phorid also has.

Replacing MOA-Ambulas with Bursa-Ambulas and .... giving him mix of attacks from different Bursa types. 

Same with Phorid, replacing with Juggernaut and buffing spine spike attack. I don't know why but adding poison breath attack would seem nice (would be much of a problem for the devs). That's my dream! :D 

+1 for OP for bringing out the idea.