Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes Getting Removed

milanster101

Ah yes, Sheldon. It's one thing to be trollish and un-serious to players who want a game where they can buy whole prime sets for 15 platinum.

It's quite another to be trollish and unserious to another member of your same company.

This is very bad. Please behave professionally on devstream.

WarFrame has been getting an infamous reputation for requiring excessive amounts of grind, up to Korean MMO levels, and people are repeatedly laying the blame at his feet, given that he is the one that's being pointed to by the other devs as the person who is in charge of the drop tables.

Really?  you call drop tables that are at 5% chance to drop near korean mmo levels?

wow......  have you people ever tried drop tables of 0.000160% - 0.000018%? as in highest chance and lowest chance in games like diablo 2.

5% is a freaking godsend compared to that. 

Really?  you call drop tables that are at 5% chance to drop near korean mmo levels?

wow......  have you people ever tried drop tables of 0.000160% - 0.000018%? as in highest chance and lowest chance in games like diablo 2.

Please no.  We don't need a turd to compare our shiny turd to.  They're still turds.

Sure its still annoying to play against the rng. It has always been annoying to do that. 

Warframe is much slower then diablo 2 either way. 30 + 45 sec runs and then quit and reload made me able to do around 120 runs a hour. around 2 -4 hours a day and keep it up for a month and even those drop tables are just a matter of wearing it down. 

Compared to the fastest void runs like capture that might take 2-3 min eatch. so you are looking at 30 runs in an hour. 

I think it is a really smart choice by DE to heat the market and the search for plat, lets be real there is so few diferent things from the Primes than the "normal" ones, that they are like a cosmetic piece of gold(beatifull gold pieces).

I only worrie about the afinity of these frames get lost for new ones...

Guessing you weren't around when similar values were actually datamined from the drop tables, before they were encrypted.

Players called bullS#&$ on the low droprates on certain void drops, and DE denied it.  Then the datamined evidence was presented.  Various DEs had a "oh crap" moment, and *immediately* afterward the drop tables were encrypted.

This was the event that caused the encryption of said data, and the forbidding of posting or talking about datamined stuff on the forums.

Edited by DeMeritus

No Mag prime is not removed at all , is not like on main website there was no information , neither on the right side of mission select area in your ships , and not even in the last post made by de

Don't use to much radial blind , it make people even more smart sometime...

These players don't realize that "grinding" for rare parts will practically guarantee that these parts become even rarer, because now DE has to take into account the sum of attempts made to get these parts and adjust their rarity accordingly.

Guessing you weren't around when similar values were actually datamined from the drop tables, before they were encrypted.

Players called bullS#&$ on the low droprates on certain void drops, and DE denied it.  Then the datamined evidence was presented.  Various DEs had a "oh crap" moment, and *immediately* afterward the drop tables were encrypted.

This was the event that caused the encryption of said data, and the forbidding of posting or talking about datamined stuff on the forums.

The root cause of the problem is: Players see a cool item that DE has created, BUT THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IT.

The rest of the game takes a backseat as they concentrate on getting the next new cool stuff for nothing, as evidence by what missions they choose and spend time on.

Pulling out oldest sets as they add the new ones in is simply a band-aid fix to the issue. It's not the best fix, yes, but it is still a fix nonetheless and is the fastest and easiest fix to make.

Laziness is never an excuse.  I already have a Mag Prime set in my inventory and two Dakra Prime sets, so I can sell at least one of the Dakra sets for exorbitant plat prices a little while after they are taken out of circulation.

Or DE can make a void Hijack, void spy, void deception or *gasp* add T1 T2 T3 Interceptions.

Oh well we will see see how the new Map rolls out.

This will thin the tables just like T4 and Sabotages, right...

DE would actually need to want us to get these items by playing the game, instead of throwing money at them and just getting the prime access.

That isn't really going to happen unless everyone starts buying plat en-masse to acquire prebuilt stuff or cosmetics.

Edited by Mofixil

Honestly, this game really isn't all RNG. A majority of the content can be gotten by just building it.

Syndicates, Simaris, Void trader, Darvo, BPs, dojo iems all don't involve much rng.

You have a some rare items and mods, and people want to call this a Korean grind-fest?

No one cares about Mag a few weeks ago, and now that you want to grind a rare part in 2 days- it's DE wanting to increase the grind? Come on.

RNG from Vindictus for 4 years makes this games RNG a breeze. 

Vindictus; Need 5 rares for a weapon; Can only attempt that rare once a day, two if you paid IRL money; Takes over a month to get one. Less if RNG praises the sun for you. 

Warframe; About 1 rare per prime; can get in a week or less. 

Warframe is fine how it is, really. It's F2P. Everyone wants everything handed to them. 

How else is a F2P game gonna make money to keep running anyways. 

All F2P games have low chances, boosters, and pay to get right away stuff. 

Compare to a P2P game; FFXIV for example. Getting new gear from a boss, and the whole team rolling on it. Getting fully geared and endgame was really easy compared to F2P RNG. 

Edited by Vesiga

Laziness is never an excuse.  I already have a Mag Prime set in my inventory and two Dakra Prime sets, so I can sell at least one of the Dakra sets for exorbitant plat prices a little while after they are taken out of circulation.

Not out of laziness but out of time constraints and priorities.

Fixing the drop tables is likely on the lower end of things they need to do. And because of everything else they see as being more important and things they need to get pushed out for updates it just gets left there for quite awhile.

If DESheldon is literally the only person at DE that deals with the drop tables then chances are he's too swamped with things like the new cloth physics and parkour 2.0 to take the time to go over and find a proper solution for them. Or he may have a solution or an idea for one but the new Star Chart might need to be done for it to work

Not out of laziness but out of time constraints and priorities.

Fixing the drop tables is likely on the lower end of things they need to do. And because of everything else they see as being more important and things they need to get pushed out for updates it just gets left there for quite awhile.

If DESheldon is literally the only person at DE that deals with the drop tables then chances are he's too swamped with things like the new cloth physics and parkour 2.0 to take the time to go over and find a proper solution for them. Or he may have a solution or an idea for one but the new Star Chart might need to be done for it to work

I honestly don't see what's wrong with the drop tables. I have 95% of what I've wanted to get in 2 wks or less.

Yes, there are a few things that have been difficult to get, but the MAJORITY of items i wanted was not too hard to get.

I'm sure they have metrics that show them that players are able to acquire stuff at a fair pace.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Laziness.  If it was time constraints then it would have been left alone until it could be fixed properly rather than slapping a bandaid on it.

If they left it alone then the problem gets worse and worse every time they make new Primes. Replacing a few lines in the drop tables to swap out Mag, Dakra, and the Boar in place of Ash, Vectis, and the Carrier is still much faster and easier than going through and revamping every drop table and even more so than going and reworking the system.

If they left it alone then the problem gets worse and worse every time they make new Primes. Replacing a few lines in the drop tables to swap out Mag, Dakra, and the Boar in place of Ash, Vectis, and the Carrier is still much faster and easier than going through and revamping every drop table and even more so than going and reworking the system.

No, their solution makes it worse.

I am not arguing that it is not easier. That is precisely what makes it lazy. It is a solution that is easy, but doesn't actually fix the problem, i.e. LAZY.

Unless Sheldon got an epiphany, i'm pretty sure they gonna add more stuff to the prime vault.

Don't want to hate on Sheldon, but it would be a stretch to say i feel save in the knowledge he's also handeling the new star chart along with Steve.

I get the feeling that for a lot of people, him messing up the starchart wil be the final straw. And i'm inclined to feel the same way, seeing how he has handled the void drop tables over the years.

And no kubrow armor is gonna sweeten the salt i feel when he messes this up.

No, their solution makes it worse.

I am not arguing that it is not easier. That is precisely what makes it lazy. It is a solution that is easy, but doesn't actually fix the problem, i.e. LAZY.

The problem was that, at the time especially, everyone complained about dilluted drop tables. Instead of clearing their schedules and making the time to fix that, and pushing other content back as a result, they decided to go with what they're doing now.

Say that it's lazy all you want but the fact is that they have a lot of people expecting more content and they have deadlines they need to make. It'll get fixed when it gets fixed but it won't happen as long as they have more important things to take care of first.