Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are The Core Problems In Warframe ?

Henji

So I've been hearing alot of complains from the community lately about the state of Warframe and got me wondering what could be annoying the community the most at this point (update 16 by the time of this post).

Bear in mind I will give my own opinions and may disagree to most of yours but I'll do my best to keep myself neutral and respect evry concern posted in this topic.

So to begin with what I've been noticing that may be the core problems to Warframe and the reasons to alot of complains from the community are:

-End Game

-Weapon classes lack of buff

-Frames requiring buff

-Farming Hell

I won't go to details on each of those problems mainly due that I'm just one person that is not fully informed on evry problem people may expirience in warframe  hence the reason to create this topic.

So on the matter of the End Game/ and lack of buffs: 

Basicly, from my understanding, the game is not done yet. 

We still in the Beta stage of warframe and alot of the issues of unbalance and end game content is related to this, I for one belive that DE still have alot being made under the radar and for that to be avaible to us in the future as flawless as possible it will require that this Beta stage to be sucessfull and the problems to be adress step by step so evrything could be delivered propely in the end, thats my opinion on why things taking so long anyway, considering that I'm a excalibur fan I've been asking alot (along with other fans) for a rework in both skin and improvement of its powers wich recently have been addressed by DE and I can tell it has been met with great satisfaction for those who prefer to play as excalibur.

On endless boring Farming: I know, it sucks as it is and I can only imagine to those that seek to play the game without spending platinum can be frustrating most of the time but I honestly can't say that if they tried to approach the game in other way the updates we recive so often would be possible, it actualy reinforces my point on the Beta stage of development we still are and that for that to be reshaped to better please the majority of the community it must be made trough alot of work and study of the community desires after the game gets a full release.

On the Frames and guns lack of buff: As it was mentioned in some posts, they are being worked on and it will take time as there is a order to wich address first and basicly I doubt that even the buffs they will recive will still be enough due to what I mentioned in the begining, its a Beta stage of the game wich will lead to a TRUE End Game when the game is fully complete.

I just hope this are good enough explanations, as I said those are my points of view, I know there may be mistakes there and that some may disagree but I urge evryone to please keep the discussion civilized and put here what are the main core problems for you in Warframe.

NOTE: Please avoid putting specific issues when it comes to weapons or the like. I know your Supra or Vectis may need a buff but those are not essentialy core problems  just specific to their categories (rifles and sniper rifles) though I won't deny it, mearly a request. 

Edited by Henji

Moving over to General Feedback :) 

Dam...I always post in General and you guys move my posts, but when i put somewhere else you guys put back in General XD.

Still I appriciate for the move.

Edited by Henji

Lack of lore. It makes the farming and grinding the only reason to play the game, since the fun goes away in about 2 hours of playing, some time less. Which is not very nice

Edited by Zendd

Grind. Poorly developed pvp, poor AI for pve, core mechanic bugs, need a better engine, coop mode only, not open world game.

The others are come from the current modding system and lack of rpg elements. Almost all frame need a balance when a new thing coming but if you'll try to balance anything then you face with a never ending circle because others will be op and others again turn into bad.

My suggestion is a total rework and a bit more racional planning when make updates and content. Two cent.

Edited by Sziklamester

Aside from the bugs and crashes and the evil that is RNG there is Not enough rewarding content for high level players. I'm mastery 18 and there isn't much that keeps me playing besides new weapons and updates or trying new builds or underrated weapons. I think it would be nice to see some updates to the mod system maybe augmentes having their own slots or a way to multi forma or even a way to combine certain mods for more effective builds

Edited by ishad187

eyyy another one of these threads.... let's just add this to the collection, like this one here

Prepare the salt.

First: this topic is not around a conspirancy its a fact, anyone who gives two dimes to this game knows the game suffers in the issues (or some of em) that I pointed out.

Second: I don't have a clue what you meant by salt...i prefer flamming if thats what you meant.

The items that i think need to be addressed the most: (and one cannot be addressed properly without the others)

the existence of "essential mods" / stat ramps to balance difficulty.

AI tactics.

seemingly random mastery rank requirements.

details on these points each make for a long thread:(

As for end game content, im not sure what people are asking for. in an endless MMO game, the "end game" is just the highest level/challenging dungeon and equipment. To address this, i think the Operations, Tactical alerts, Quests, etc should be rotating regularly and repeat after a while. And have them offer a "challenging mode" with higher difficulty, as the Tac alerts kinda do already.This would avoid a lot of downtime where vets end up sitting in region/trade chat out of boredom.

Expanding PvP would be good too, as many people enjoy that(i dont, but thats me). Anyway, i hardly see suggestions for what "end game" should contain, so theres my two-ducats worth.

Most of this is a core problem though I wouldn't count the RNG toward that since it isn't that bad. The RNG in warframe is a semi problem that should be fixed after Stealth, Parkour, Archwings, and Sentients.

Also I think Mods should be tweaked and damage mods shouldn't be so pure damage. I hope eventually the DE will revamp the system to be less damage orientated in mods, modifications shouldn't be focused on making things better but making things more widespread. Have a gun that is good against the Greneer? Well with this combination of mods it can be good against the infested to, but bad against the corpus. Damage 2.0 improved things with physical elements and status elements that would decrease damage or increase damage based. Though we need a more extreme version of that so that focusing on pure damage isn't strat but focusing on each faction is the new strat.

If gun A has a good fire rate and damage, it has only slash damage though so against the greneer it does 50% less damage, but against infested it does major damage.

If Gun B does huge amount of damage but has very low fire rate it has Blast damage and is good against Greneer and Corpus. Though against the infested and Corrupted it does bad damage.

If Gun C has low damage but high ROF it does puncture damage and is good against corrupted and greneer but against corpus and infested it is bad.

The DE so far has done something like this but not to this extreme where if you have a puncture weapon it still only has a small decrease in damage against the opposing faction. So their isn't any reason to mod toward the faction it sucks against since the damage reduction isn't strong enough to make it worth while.

Edited by Feallike

Too much farming walls, and too little lore. 

Lack of lore. It makes the farming and grinding the only reason to play the game, since the fun goes away in about 2 hours of playing, some time less. Which is not very nice

Yeah thats two things  people tend to complain alot too...

I would advice you guys to try to work around this by delving in the codex and checking the descriptions in the warframes section, DE tends to add/edit em when there is something new comming and truth be told I doubt they will add any significant lore until the Beta stage is over.

Edited by Henji

The RNG is itself a big problem but that directly made to serve the devs. If there is no rng then nobody will buy stuffs from market because we are granted to get fix rewards via token system or just fix rewards. The patient players will always farm but make the game less fun and whom buying stuffs from the market also face with the lack of fun. 

This game is a circle which built around the grind and collecting something and is itself a big problem for anyone who wish to make games like this.

Like the destiny this game also just collecting and farming for materials and improving the arsenal for better arsenal then again.

Any player who sense this cirumstances will left the game after few hours of play but whom likes to hang on in game with friends or just like the community/fanarts or design stuffs those stay here for a short time but without new content this game die easily because cannot grant anything than collecting.

With pets this game went into a semi tamagochi which leech more times from peoples but atleast give more reason to stay and watch your pet grown up. Personally I just play few hours in a week because have other things and games to do and play but always coming back to play a little to levelling my stuff and earning ranks. For me the design and arts which very important and a lore and that's why not left this game at the beginning.

I haven't still so much stuff in game and I like to use my old gears aswell and this means I won't reach high mastery ranks so soon but I don't want to rush the content enough for me to play for fun. 

The biggest problem is lack luster gameplay especially on higher levels of enemies.

Before level 40-50 you kill everything before it can even damage you, however, once the enemies get lots of health and damage all gameplay derails in to ability spam as enemies will kill you in matter of seconds.

There is just no way to avoid damage. There is no cover systems. Strafing and dodging does not matter as most enemies have hit scan weapons and ridiculous aim.

The worst part is that ability spam gameplay seems fine for developer and raid mission consists fully from it.

The game does a lot of things right, but to stay on topic some short answers:

- enemyscaling, as mentioned above either you oneshot them or they oneshot you

- mods, especially for weapons, there shouldn't be that much staple mods and the dmg-scaling is way to high--> we need true choices

Warframe needs work sure and feedback helps but when i see the general feedback and i see feedback in the other categories i see a toxic mess so im gonna have to go with " the biggest core problem with Warframe is its community" now I'm not saying its all bad but majority of it is nonsense people want this change or want this change or abuse this or that and when DE tries to implement some of the changes people cry. everyone knew corpus faction was a joke so they made nullifiers and people came into feedback to complain about it but it was a much needed unit for corpus now you have to take them seriously. people hated excal DE buffed it then added Mechanics then people complained so they completely reworked it now you have people complain about it being too op. its a very disgusting trend to see. you cannot please everyone and people need to understand how far Warframe has truely come from what it was 2 years ago.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

So I've been hearing alot of complains from the community lately about the state of Warframe and got me wondering what could be annoying the community the most at this point (update 16 by the time of this post).

Bear in mind I will give my own opinions and may disagree to most of yours but I'll do my best to keep myself neutral and respect evry concern posted in this topic.

So to begin with what I've been noticing that may be the core problems to Warframe and the reasons to alot of complains from the community are:

-End Game

-Weapon classes lack of buff

-Frames requiring buff

-Farming Hell

I won't go to details on each of those problems mainly due that I'm just one person that is not fully informed on evry problem people may expirience in warframe  hence the reason to create this topic.

So on the matter of the End Game/ and lack of buffs: 

Basicly, from my understanding, the game is not done yet. 

We still in the Beta stage of warframe and alot of the issues of unbalance and end game content is related to this, I for one belive that DE still have alot being made under the radar and for that to be avaible to us in the future as flawless as possible it will require that this Beta stage to be sucessfull and the problems to be adress step by step so evrything could be delivered propely in the end, thats my opinion on why things taking so long anyway, considering that I'm a excalibur fan I've been asking alot (along with other fans) for a rework in both skin and improvement of its powers wich recently have been addressed by DE and I can tell it has been met with great satisfaction for those who prefer to play as excalibur.

On endless boring Farming: I know, it sucks as it is and I can only imagine to those that seek to play the game without spending platinum can be frustrating most of the time but I honestly can't say that if they tried to approach the game in other way the updates we recive so often would be possible, it actualy reinforces my point on the Beta stage of development we still are and that for that to be reshaped to better please the majority of the community it must be made trough alot of work and study of the community desires after the game gets a full release.

On the Frames and guns lack of buff: As it was mentioned in some posts, they are being worked on and it will take time as there is a order to wich address first and basicly I doubt that even the buffs they will recive will still be enough due to what I mentioned in the begining, its a Beta stage of the game wich will lead to a TRUE End Game when the game is fully complete.

I just hope this are good enough explanations, as I said those are my points of view, I know there may be mistakes there and that some may disagree but I urge evryone to please keep the discussion civilized and put here what are the main core problems for you in Warframe.

NOTE: Please avoid putting specific issues when it comes to weapons or the like. I know your Supra or Vectis may need a buff but those are not essentialy core problems  just specific to their categories (rifles and sniper rifles) though I won't deny it, mearly a request. 

On the topic of End Game, I hope it is expanded upon in a way that isn't just our enemies being bullet sponges, and that our End Game actually feels like a culmination of our efforts throughout the game. It ties into the lore of the game finally being fleshed out and us having some actually concrete game play that has weight to it other than "Shoot this thing and kill that thing because I told you so". Fully fleshing out a story is key to ensuring players feel satisfied and immersed in the world.

If DE can work out immersion in a way that isn't intrusive to the player, but more so intrinsic to them, the grind itself wouldn't be so oppressive in feel. On that accord, DE needs to flesh out the entirety of the game universe as well, from when players enter the atmosphere to the final steps of End Game. That means fully working out the progression system to be fluid and rewarding to the players, but also leaving them wanting more.

Tied into progression is your point on Weapons and WarFrame buffs. DE has stated that they want all Frames to be End Game viable and equal, and I hope they make good on that with WarFrame buffs. When it comes to Weapons, I guess it depends on how DE wants to tier the weapons. DE has stated that they are going to Tier the weapon systems, but in order to do that and receive the least amount of backlash, they'll have to clearly state to the community what Tiers there will be, and which weapons belong in what tiers. Also, to ensure that the community is satisfied and progression of the game is inclusive to all weapon users, integrating a variety of each weapon type into each weapon tier is key.

With that secured, we can see a massive variety of weapon usage in End Tier and throughout the game. Calls for nerfs and annoyances with certain weapons (as some do have with the Boltor and Soma Prime) wouldn't be as often, and we can attain weapon balance with the Tier system as the foundation.

The Grind itself is intrinsically boring, which shouldn't be the case. Other games with Grind, such as Diablo and Borderlands, at the very least reward you with items that you can find useful and implement outright once you receive them. Yet, in WarFrame, this isn't the case, as we get components, rather than parts or gear. Although the mods were to be our "oh shiny new gear to use!", with how WarFrame content and enemies scale solely through EHP, the effectiveness of gear revolves around a select few mods, and thus once you get these mods, there really isn't a need or felt happiness by getting the rest.

The system itself requires a larger overhaul, one that will take many changes and bumps in the road, but I hope DE does implement such changes.

We need something to grind for. A goal of some sort, an ideal to aspire to. Syndicates can have a hand in this, I believe.

So long as that Grind is intrinsically enjoyable and rewarding on the way, so as to ensure that it's also about the journey, not just the destination, is key, I feel.

Warframe's core design problem is that it has too strong of an RPG methodology ham fisted into a shooter.  Borderlands made it work, but it had an end.  Warframe has no intended end beyond "collect everything," yet it also is being built like it utilizes a horizontal progression model.  Even if just for kicks, how many people here actually regularly visit Phobos, Earth, Europa, or Jupiter?  How about when just focused on progressing?  Worse, new weapons are constantly graded against the flavor of the month weaponry.  If they fall short, "mastery fodder."  If they actually get players another 5 minutes into a TIV survival, it's the new go to weapon.

The modding system is awesome, but the RPG system forces players to increase damage output through thoughtless mods like Serration and Split Chamber.  Staple mods that no weapon is worse off for having.  If all enemy encounters were designed around the idea of the Karak having 27 damage per shot, the Braton 18, etc, damage increasing mods could be done away with or at least severely culled down to far smaller numbers, like +20% extra damage tops on a max Serration.  +20% on a Karak is 32.4 damage.  If the typical Lancer has 150 effective health, that shaves off a round of life.  From 6 to 5 rounds.  At best, after a bunch of mods, a player might knock that number down to 3 rounds, but then they also have to contend with enemies that were intended to take 20+ Karak rounds as well.  Now, when you consider damage penalties and bonuses based on elements,   DE would have more actual control over enemy durability.  When enemies reliably take a range of rounds to kill, other mods like speed trigger and fast hands start looking more and more beneficial to just flat out trying to reduce all enemies to one-shot-kills via absurd damage gains.  I can guarantee that extra 90% firing rate will far outperform +20% more damage, but it'll cost the player.