Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "rip Saryn" Comments Have Already Begun

Vargras

Some key parts you left out there:

The first time she did it, you hear her say "I think this is bugged because he should be dead right now" which is very important, don't you think? The second time the insane DoT took him out that no one was paying attention to. After that she just started waffling around for a bit and after all of that you hear Steve (I think it was Steve) say "that's why it's still a work in progress". If you looked at when Miasma was actually cast it did barely any damage at all, which is weird for a fully modded ability that would almost kill a lvl 40 bombard anyway. It's easy to cherry pick a few things to paint a picture of doom and gloom, but it doesn't really help with anything, does it?

The nikana took the bombard out not the saryn's miasma, and yes we all heard the work in progess thing but since the rework is deploying next week how much can they actually change before releasing it? I mean its sunday here. Unless they delay the skin and rework. That's what we will get, a saryn that has to cast 4 abilities to deal damage, unfair as no other frame available has to do that. Its an horrible rework and has no excuses to be so since all the reworks they have done right now have been amazing.

The nikana took the bombard out not the saryn's miasma, and yes we all heard the work in progess thing but since the rework is deploying next week how much can they actually change before releasing it? I mean its sunday here. Unless they delay the skin and rework. That's what we will get, a saryn that has to cast 4 abilities to deal damage, unfair as no other frame available has to do that. Its an horrible rework and has no excuses to be so since all the reworks they have done right now have been amazing.

They could, you know, fix whatever stopped the Bombard from dying. Because it's bugged. And even if we do get it like that, you think they'll just leave it like that when they said they're still working on it? That's doomthread logic.

And all 4 abilities to do damage? That's what this is all about? No. It's all 4 abilities to do your HIGHEST damage. They're not nerfing Miasma to three quarters of it's strength. Saying that you NEED to do it for damage is blatant misrepresentation at best, and outright lying at worst.

They could, you know, fix whatever stopped the Bombard from dying. Because it's bugged. And even if we do get it like that, you think they'll just leave it like that when they said they're still working on it? That's doomthread logic.

And all 4 abilities to do damage? That's what this is all about? No. It's all 4 abilities to do your HIGHEST damage. They're not nerfing Miasma to three quarters of it's strength. Saying that you NEED to do it for damage is blatant misrepresentation at best, and outright lying at worst.

When rebecca casted only miasma on those level 40 ancients it only scratched them, she had to cast it twice to kill them, something the current saryn doesn't have to do, the rework is awful and there's no need for you to defend it, its a straight up nerf, making saryn a damage dealer that doesn't deal damage, guess she'll join mag now.

When rebecca casted only miasma on those level 40 ancients it only scratched them, she had to cast it twice to kill them, something the current saryn doesn't have to do, the rework is awful and there's no need for you to defend it, its a straight up nerf, making saryn a damage dealer that doesn't deal damage, guess she'll join mag now.

So, the bugged Miasma, by the devs' own words, doesn't kill as well as the not broken Miasma, so the entire rework that buffed Saryn's other 3 abilities sucks. Right.

So, the bugged Miasma, by the devs' own words, doesn't kill as well as the not broken Miasma, so the entire rework that buffed Saryn's other 3 abilities sucks. Right.

Buffing exactly what? Venom and its bubbles pretty much work the same, shoot a bubble to pop it and it will spread, molt..well is still molt but now you can cast venom on it..what a buff.. Contagion may deal more damage but that ability's existence is totally questionable, and miasma now is unrelayable, what a freaking amazing buff. DE should delay the rework and spend more time with her, the rework might not be working properly but thats pretty much what we may get, a rushed rework.

Those 3 abilities doesn't change in anything in terms of their mechanic

the only ability that received a rework is miasma

as long as venom doesn't auto pop when the host is dead and contagion doesn't promote melee play for a caster frame

they hardly can be called buffs/rework

edit: to be more accurate, those "buffs" aren't game-changing like the miasma rework ends up a nerf in terms of energy effiency

Edited by akira_him

With the new Saryn rework they actually have to think and use all abilities! You truly expect them do to that? Press4ToWin I am gud players will have to use more than one brain cell at a time, and thus, they are against the rework.

EDIT: My friend mains Saryn since forever and he loves the new rework. People who actually understand how the new Saryn works see her power.

Edited by S3EK3R

And when she whispered some stuff to someone next to her "she's your favourite frame...how do you feel?.....eh i know.."

And When scott was trying to blame rebecca's playstyle for saryn's underwhelming performance...that was the part where they all literally looked like "what the hell did we do to saryn.."

Yeah scott trying to blame Rebecca was low it really feels half assed this rework 

People who actually understand how the new Saryn works see her power.

Then why did Rebecca show and say differently, and why can you only defend your opinion with logical fallacies instead of solid reasoning?

Yeah scott trying to blame Rebecca was low

I felt the same way.  It really felt like they were tossing her under the bus.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

With the new Saryn rework they actually have to think and use all abilities! You truly expect them do to that? Press4ToWin I am gud players will have to use more than one brain cell at a time, and thus, they are against the rework.

I love how people like you conclude that EVERY Saryn player only ever press 4 and don't use any braincells or even play the game. Same thing applied to Mesa players. It is so healthy for the debate to base your judgement on your superior complex that only "your" way of playing the game is correct. It is not like this is a PVE game after all and your perceived way of Saryn is the only one that exists.

In addition you pull the friend card and say "People who actually understand how the new Saryn works see her power." saying all the people how disagree don't understand anything. I think you should be careful about all this talk about braincells and lack of understanding when you yourself seem to come under that category.

Then why did Rebecca show and say differently, and why can you only defend your opinion with logical fallacies instead of solid reasoning?

I felt the same way.  It really felt like they were tossing her under the bus.

Yep they really did toss her under the bus hell in the stream they seemed more interested in chat then saryn's rework like for real wtf why even do a rework if it's half assed 

Yep they really did toss her under the bus hell in the stream they seemed more interested in chat then saryn's rework like for real wtf why even do a rework if it's half assed 

I got the feeling that they were just trying to distract from the Saryn showcase. It seems like they are dead set on releasing it regardless of anything, especially since they tossed her under the bus and refused to address any of the MAJOR flaws with the rework (e.g. caster frame forced into melee range, not enough base energy to cycle through the skill combo they are pushing even once).

I got the feeling that they were just trying to distract from the Saryn showcase. It seems like they are dead set on releasing it regardless of anything, especially since they tossed her under the bus and refused to address any of the MAJOR flaws with the rework (e.g. caster frame forced into melee range, not enough base energy to cycle through the skill combo they are pushing even once).

Pretty much it's sad and extremely disappointing i really wish They'd actually tried with saryn's rework :/

Buffing exactly what? Venom and its bubbles pretty much work the same, shoot a bubble to pop it and it will spread, molt..well is still molt but now you can cast venom on it..what a buff.. Contagion may deal more damage but that ability's existence is totally questionable, and miasma now is unrelayable, what a freaking amazing buff. DE should delay the rework and spend more time with her, the rework might not be working properly but thats pretty much what we may get, a rushed rework.

Exactly.  Also what they showed on stream  - Miasma no longer stuns enemies, so it's not only doing less damage but also loses little CC it had.

Edited by Monolake

Threads like this are the perfect fan boy detector. 

A turd remains a turd even if you sugar coat it and put a cherry on top.

And yes "negative" feedback is way better than baseless white knighting and rampant fanboyism since it shows which concepts are rejected by the player base. It is better to have some forum fallout than to have people leave the game in droves for good because some people were afraid to be honest.

Edited by Numbsky1

EDIT: My friend mains Saryn since forever and he loves the new rework. People who actually understand how the new Saryn works see her power.

ohh this again..... you clearly have not read  a single thing in this thread or you would understand why your strawman argument is totaly invalid.

We know what we have to do to max out the new miasmas damage.

For you who have no clue i tell you.

you have to first cast 1 for 6.25 energy at 75% efficency(which you wont have so it will cost more) then you cast 2 for 12.95 energy then you cast 1 again on the molt for 6.25 energy and then you cast 3 which costs 12.95 energy to autopop the spores. In @(*()$ melee range on a caster frame who does not have the energy nor the armor to pull that off.

Then you cast miasma as this is the only way for you to max out its damage.

so instead of casting miasma once for 25 energy at 75% efficiency with a casting animation of 0.5 seconds

you cast 5 abilities for 62 energy(this will be much higher after the rework) which will take you between 5 to 10 seconds.

even if the damage would be amazing it still does not prevent the following HUGE drawbacks.

1 contagion and its melee range on a frame with a paltry 155 armor aka 34.07% damage reduction with the tanks in the game has 53.85% for chroma without mods or abilities used.  60% for atlas without mods and 66.67% for valkyr without mods.

2 Saryn has a energy pool of 150 that means that even with maxed efficiency at 75% you can only do the combo 150/62=2.419 times then you all out of energy. But lets use maxed flow instead of another mod.... that gives us 300 energy so 300/62= 4.8 times you can use the combo.

Now since negative duration was utter crap when it was shown and duration was just a little bit less of a turd. We can clearly see that we wont use

fleeting at all so -60% efficiency what we are left with is if possible streamline at max level so 30% efficiency. 

the costs of saryns abilities then becomes

1 venom costs 17.50 energy

2 molt costs 35 energy

3 contagion costs 35 energy

4 miasma costs 70 power

now you still have to cast 1 once then cast 2 then 1 again on molt then 3 to pop the spores then cast miasma for a total energy cost of:

17.50+35+17.50+35+70=175 ohh wait saryn only have 150 base energy so we cant even cast the whole combo without maxed flow.

ok lets see how many times can we cast the combo with maxed flow?

300/175=1.714 times Fantastic work by DE.

3 the casting animation alone will leave a saryn player exposed for at least 5 seconds more likely 10 instead of 0.5 seconds with the old press4towin version.

Now S3EK3R i don't dislike the rework because i lose out of press4towin i dislike it because it use my brain to see the issues that will arise with what we have been shown from the rework so far.

Sure then might salvage it by making big changes before next week but i sincerely doubt they will pull that off.

I await months of tweaks to fix her from DEs side if and only if they care about the frame at all. If we are unlucky we have to wait as long as Ember players had to wait until she became useable.

Edited by GhostLacuna

Molt dies too quickly and doesnt attract agro, (Am i the only one who feels its unfair and broken that pherliac pods are more effective then molt?)

Goodbye Saryn you were a fun frame. I mained you for so long before your last rework <3 now its.... over.... these changes upon reflection are a disaster.

Frost's rework was much the same. Nothing really changed but the Snowglobe timer being removed, and Frost pretty much plays the exact same way he did before, but better. Why would you expect somethibg different from Saryn? I may get some of the naned wrong here but i can think of a lot of ways that i could use Molt and Contagion together to mass proc enemies. Also, doesnt molt extend Miasma's range or something to that effect? And Miasma, as they said directly after, is bugged. We don't know what was supposed to happen. We also don't know what other buffs are going to happen with her. Do the spores spread farther? Do more damage? Does it stack with Contagion? Will Contagion scale off melee mods? Does Molt have more health? Things you wouldnt know fighting 1 bombard.

Exactly.  Also what they showed on stream  - Miasma no longer stuns enemies, so it's not only doing less damage but also loses little CC it had.

Wait miasma doesn't stun?

I guess i was to busy trying to find a way to fix the miasma killing my healing molt when i use it.

How am i going to use my panic button if it doesn't stun what is the point in miasma without the stun or even the once high damage it had?

De-"We dont want people running on one power alone on Saryn.

That's why we made all channeling abilities super cheap and makes people run on one power alone on other frames."

Sorry, but this "excuse" makes absolutely no sense with the stuff that DE has done with other frames.

Really, i cant believe anyone would actually accept that as an actual reason.

People were stacking negative duration to optimize channeled powers at the cost of most of the other powers. I don't know if you are aware but they did address this by adding duration to channeled powers.