The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would A Separate Augment Slot Break The Game?

viperveteran

If it is done in the same manner as the Exilus slot was? Yes, yes it would.

Sure you could always have 'a' augment equipped but then you'll limit player choice to use multiple augments. Plus they're different from Exilus mods; they're not just some utility, the alter and change out abilities dramatically.

Well, if there was an augment slot, then every Tenno and their grandmother would polarize it to the ability polarity (because all augment mods have that polarity).

Realistically: there's no point. Augment mods aren't a necessity and very few of them have builds revolving around them.

Imho this could be a thing only in an imagimary future where augments are all balanced to make skills have a slightly different function for a different playstyle and not a direct buff.

Considering the state augments are in at the moment i wouldn't really support it, it would basically be an un-needed buff to some frames further amping up the divide between "best" and "just decent" frames

We don't need a separate slot.

Come back when bandaid augments don't exist and every augment is a viable OPTIONAL choice with all bandaids being turned into innate buffs onto their respective underpowered abilities. Then we can talk about a separate slot.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

At the moment there just aren't enough Augment mods to warrant this sort of thing. In the future when we have 2-3 augment mods per Warframe ability I could totally see this being a thing, working like the Exilus mod slot, but in the meantime we just don't have enough variation to really support the idea.

I could see something like this as being good for the non meta frames, for example ember and her Wof trip mod. In order to access the slot u need to buy perhaps a green? Potato which let's u use it like the exilus slot but this would lead to abuse on meta frames and those who practically require them to be in the meta.

Edited by PainXGain

The problem is that there are augment mods that shouldn't even exist, and giving them a slot would make them more broken (Yes, I'm talking about Irradiating Disarm, which replaces an entire warframe, hell.. it even merges 2 top tier warframes into one... but there are more like it). And then you have those crapy augments that only serve as bandaids for poorly designed or outdated abilities.

It would only make already powerful augments better, until all warframes are properly reworked and somehow balanced, which is far from happening.

Unless DE intends to rework every single frame (which would no doubt take quite a while), an augment slot would be pretty nice.

If DE added Mirage's Sleight of Hand augment as a passive, that would get really annoying... consuming your client side loot to create booby traps.

It would be nice if I didn't have to choose between survivability/damage potential and a gimmick that simply makes a single skill more interesting and/or useful.

A few of the current augments were either part of their respective skill originally, or should be part of their skill innately.

Those that say no to the augment slot, did you say no to the exilus slot?

Personally I was very disappointed that it could not hold augments, but oh well.

Edited by Aoden

No. Adding a separate slot for everything that slightly different from the core mods is not how the mod system works. For every mod, even for ones like Intensity and Continuity and Stretch, you have to give up mod energy and mod slots. Mod Energy is countered by forma'ing the slot, so mod slots are the relevant limiter:

Do you get that extra 30% Power Strength from Intensify, or do you go for that +440% Health from VItality?

DE already stretches what this system really means to players with the separate Exilus slot. I'm resigned to accept it, and even use it, but it is a stretch of what the mod card system is: a system of trade-offs for benefits. Separate slot for special mods (for Exilus or augments) means that you have a benefit for no drawback.

Edited by ShardsSuperior

Realistically: there's no point. Augment mods aren't a necessity and very few of them have builds revolving around them.

Tell that to a Desecrate-optimized Nekros, as far as a necessity.  How about an Irradiating Disarm Loki?  The mod for Nyx's Chaos is a delight.  Muzzle Flash with Mesa <3.  I could go on, but you know.

It probably wouldnt break the game any more than it is with infinite scaling ceiling and all that. The slot would have mod drain though which then makes the player decide between the exilus and the augment (then the utility mods are forgotten again). I'd like it if augment slots were implemented but i can see why they wouldn't.

As far as the irradiating disarm > nyx thing goes, if DE would make pacifying bolts a guarantee instead of a chance to disarm for a duration (like irradiating) they would balance back out.