Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen Steam Workshop: Round One.

[DE]Rebecca

..... How, exactly?

Circuitry and Carbon Fiber are modern materials and don't really fit into the Warframe universe...at all.

From their guide, Some Reasons for Rejection:

Art style:  We will reject items that break the immersion of the Warframe universe.  We are the first to admit that we have made Candy Cane scarfs and had Grineer walking around with Easter Bunny Ears, but those items come in and out of the game quickly.  We do not want those narrative breaking elements in the game permanently.

Some examples:

• Too modern day (a 1:1 copy of a AK47.  Instead interpret that as the Soma)
  • Wrong art style (too cartoony, too many noisey photo overlays, etc)
  • Avoid contemporary references, pop culture, and 'meta'.

I was wondering; why does Volt have two skins but Mag and Excal only have one?

Lack of viable entries this time around, or something else?

See, that's my thing. I want to know what wasn't viable about all other Excal skins.

And thanks for looking at this, DERebecca.

You're aware that circuit patterns show up on warframes every time you use an ability, yes?

On every frame? I've only seen something vaguely resembling circuits appear up on Rhino. Regardless, if I were DE, I'd also check into that Mag skin to make sure its circuit pattern isn't also copied from the internet, just to make sure.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

You're aware that circuit patterns show up on warframes every time you use an ability, yes?

I've noticed the patterns that light up on my 'frame when Bullet Jumping but can't make out specific details.  Do you have a screen shot of them?  I'd love to see what it actually is. 

It does on some, and they have a distinct form-fitting design. Not the the generic mirrored one used on the Neon skin. Had they been manially painted and actually meshed into the skin, my opinion would be entirely different.

I've noticed the patterns that light up on my 'frame when Bullet Jumping but can't make out specific details.  Do you have a screen shot of them?  I'd love to see what it actually is. 

The patterns that light up when bullet jumping and channeling are different than those that light up while using an ability. When channeling/bullet jumping, certain parts of the Warframe glow brightly. When using an ability, circuitry patterns appear across the entire Warframe more or less randomly.

EDIT: Here's a picture showing the difference. The one on the right is channeling, and the one on the left is using an ability.

22PULSl.png

Edited by Brachion

The patterns that light up when bullet jumping and channeling are different than those that light up while using an ability. When channeling/bullet jumping, certain parts of the Warframe glow brightly. When using an ability, circuitry patterns appear across the entire Warframe more or less randomly.

Huh.

Do you have any screenies?  I wont be in game for awhile and will probably forget to look. 

EDIT: Here's a picture showing the difference. The one on the right is channeling, and the one on the left is using an ability.

22PULSl.png

What primary/secondary/attatchments do you have? Your Oberon looks like mine, but he's plant-like.

The other mantis skin looks nice, but it needs a little extra something to blow people away. Not to mention the mantis is fricking hard to get, so you'll probably get significantly less buyers. The Knaita on the other hand looks like a Mag Prime Prime.

Edited by MaaYuu

The other mantis skin looks nice, but it needs a little extra something to blow people away. Not to mention the mantis is fricking hard to get, so you'll probably get significantly less buyers. The Knaita on the other hand looks like a Mag Prime Prime.

Well to be fair the "warrior's companion" skin was more popular (far more) than the "grineer's assault" to begin with and it didn't seems to inflience the final choice :/ (same for knaita being more popular than neon)

Now this contest was supposed to pick at least one of each kind of skin and as much as i would like to see the knaita in game, we already have a mag skin and still no mantis nor amprex ;/