Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Saryn Is No Longer "just" Press 4 To Win After Her ...."rework"...what About Ash ?

XAlFias

This should also be implemented on our dearly beloved Ash as well ...... no more shall we be permitted to cover the entire Draco by just standing in the middle of the map and spamming 4 everywhere ..... 

So yeah , rework Ash too then , don't  let it be just "press-4-2-0win" anymore .

Just Dew eat !!!  

Tone down the vindictive salt OP. The Bladestorm rework is coming too... Ash will be hit with the interactivity bat soon enough. 

no salt here , im just a one month old player ... so impersonally attached to no warframe ...... i just want to see it happen , thats all :) cause i  think blade storm is better than the old miasma .... glad to see it will be done  ^_^ 

... how are they goin to rework bladestorm?  id like to know cause i main ash prime...

They talked about it some on a devstream but it was really vague. They said they were testing multiple routes they were considering going with it, and they few descriptions they gave were very short on any real detail. I'm really not sure what to think to be honest. 

There's a huge difference, the rest of Saryn's kit was butt (sorta still is, still needs more work), so they needed to hurt to focus on the skill everyone fell back on and try to buff the rest. All of Ash's kit is awesome but he isn't OP and never was, especially since he's greatly overshadowed by Loki in a lot of situations (which is funny because Loki is the most deserving of a nerf bat hit).

If his ult becomes some clone jutsu type thing where he doesn't actually do anything (ala Shadows or Rumblers) that would be lame, if it's another "go into melee mode" not very original either. Actual interactivity (context buttons like god of war, etc) is just going to send him back to the days where it took years just to finish the ult and back to marginalized usefulness. Anything faster like Akuma's Raging Demon will just end up being another nuke. From what has been said, it seems like a dance dance revolution style minigame will be used during the ult.

This should also be implemented on our dearly beloved Ash as well ...... no more shall we be permitted to cover the entire Draco by just standing in the middle of the map and spamming 4 everywhere ..... 

So yeah , rework Ash too then , don't  let it be just "press-4-2-0win" anymore .

Just Dew eat !!!  

7YtiTTX.jpg

... how are they goin to rework bladestorm?  id like to know cause i main ash prime...

We don't know yet, maybe we'll learn at the Devstream.

But the best suggestion I've seen (from a player, not DE) is that Ash will no longer do the jumping around himself but instead will send clones to do it, but to use the ability at all Ash will have to mark target but using his other abilities on them. When they're marked the Bladestorm clones can be sent out to deal damage to all enemies around the marked target.

The only REAL press 4 to WIN is Valkyr. Every other 4 falls of eventually, except maybe Peacemaker.

And I honestly do think that Valkyr immortality should be switched to like a -75% to damage instead, if not just half.

Edited by Morec0

Ash is my favorite frame, and I use 3 of his abilities to a great extent, not just one. It makes me sad that if something becomes too cool, people just want it gone. I understand Bering messa. But it almost seems people are becoming less concerned with adding cool stuff and more about ruining ore people's fun just because they don't like it.

I think some people are confused over why Ash is getting a bladestorm rework.

From my understanding, I could be wrong, they're reworking it because they wan't it to be more interactive and fun to use, not because its ''OP".

They want us to actually play the game, and not have our control completely taken from us when using the power

Ash's 4 rework is more similar to Mesa in that his 4 overshadows the rest of his versatile and useful kit. All of this abilities are great for a melee-only player like myself. I spam 1, 2 and 3 on Ash and I find 2 and 3 to be in the same category as those input-heavy skills. They require the player to know exactly where he is and exactly where the enemies are--a perfect tool for the melee-oriented ninja he is. 

And all of a sudden, when I press 4 all control is taken away from me. I always felt that contrast to be a bit jarring for a frame who otherwise has to constantly move or use his abilities to keep close distance with enemies. I'm OK with Bladestorm's finisher and bleeding proc; I just wish it'd lose the cut scene (and at the risk of Ash fanboys ripping at my throat, invincibility during cut scene) and in return gain some ult-worthy CC for enemies that manage to survive the bleed damage. 

Ash is my favorite frame, and I use 3 of his abilities to a great extent, not just one. It makes me sad that if something becomes too cool, people just want it gone. I understand Bering messa. But it almost seems people are becoming less concerned with adding cool stuff and more about ruining ore people's fun just because they don't like it.

Wild generalization. I main Ash as well, he's the best, he's the first Prime Access I BOUGHT, but even I want his Bladestorm changed. Why? Because it IS for the better of the game. It DOES take control away from you, takes you out of the fight, and altogether just isn't as fun as a lot of other more-active features in the game.

It looks cool, yeah, but is that really worth leaving it as it is when it could be SO much better? I think not.

The only REAL press 4 to WIN is Valkyr. Every other 4 falls of eventually, except maybe Peacemaker.

Ummm Blessing, Radial Disarm, Molecular Prime, World on Fire, Exalted Blade. 

Peacemaker..hahahaha it might as well shoot bubbles for the damage it does.