Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #64 Overview

AM-Bunny

I think, the one thing I'm a little curious about is how Ivara's Quiver will interact with Controllers, due to the nature of the Power Menu as it stands for controller users like myself. Of course, if it ends up acting like Bowgun controls in Monster Hunter, it should work fine.

Otherwise...Oh sweet aurora she's going to be fantastic fun to play.

As for the Tree, Teshin has one rather similar doesn't he?

Although I'm curious what the 5 red emblems/patterns/things are about. They're sort of familiar and yet not at the same time...Could they be the more specific emblems of the Great Tenno clans, beyond the common polarities that we're familiar? I mean...if the polarities are derived from those...things right? Interesting things?!

Personally, I live in spy missions.

I have no problem grinding those for Ivara.

Actually I do too. It's a great way to get XP solo. I've probably done them well over a hundred times, and I've only gotten one Covert Lethality... Plus, imagine once you've gotten Ivara, you'll have her parts mucking up your Spy Vault rewards.

• Will be obtained from Spy Vaults in U18

-INTERNALLY SCREAMING-

I'm actually a little glad she's not a quest frame or Alertium frame. I don't mind the Alertium wall for Wukong too much, since I don't know if I actually want him or not, but Ivara... I neeeeed Ivara, so I'm okay with some serious farming time.

Edited by KaraOgata

Excited for the new update but... the new warframe just looks like a waste. Who wants to pickpocket a enemy when I can just walk up to it and kill it?

Perhaps it will offer higher chances for rare drops? If this was tied to Power Strength it could be interesting. I agree though, she looks mostly like a niche 'for fun' Warframe.

So.... they confirmed Umbra will be skin not a frame? yay :D

They didn't explicitly say this, just that there will be lore behind the Umbras, which is why Umbra Excal got pushed back.

Although I'm curious what the 5 red emblems/patterns/things are about. They're sort of familiar and yet not at the same time...Could they be the more specific emblems of the Great Tenno clans, beyond the common polarities that we're familiar? I mean...if the polarities are derived from those...things right? Interesting things?!

You would think the emblems for the Tenno Clans would be the same as the Polarities that they're named after, no? I confess that was my first thought too, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

We also saw a bit enemy death changes that they mentioned last devstream. In the sortie gameplay Reb shot a osprey that didnt explode but fell down like debree.

Oh I didn't even catch that. Nice eye. I don't think we ever got the Stealth Finishers for MOAs that they mentioned a while back... I'd like to see that too.

You would think the emblems for the Tenno Clans would be the same as the Polarities that they're named after, no? I confess that was my first thought too, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

Quite. At the moment, either it's a direct relation to the clans...or...on a completely unrelated thing, these are actually glimpses of Sentient iconography, perhaps. We know DE love their constructed Alphabets.

Though I'm sure I've seen those symbols elsewhere...Barring possible Assassin Creed 2's Glyph puzzles at points, I'm drawing some blanks sadly.

I love all the content that is upcoming with U18 but there is one thing that I noticed Steve said that bothers me a little bit.

He said those who have lots of hours in Warframe will get better login rewards because they have played for a long time but this to my knowledge is only true if time played effects mastery rank (as he said mastery rank is the true mechanism that effects login rewards) but it doesn't. It just happens that on average people who have played longer have higher mastery rank but if you use only your top three frames and collect only cool weapons then your mastery rank will go up very slowly, regardless of time played. I now many people who have farmed Draco and in a very short period of time have reached a higher mastery rank. I have 457 hours of Warframe just on steam and probably as many off of steam (don't know if there is a legit way of checking as I've been playing since update 6.5ish) and im only rank 10.

Just wanted to point out that mastery rank is an OK rule of thumb method for checking how long someone has played but there are many out lying cases in which either newer players spend a week or two grind draco and find themselves at a pretty high rank while an more veteran player might have a relatively low rank for their time played because they did not feel the need to level their mastery as they already have tons of weapons/warframes.

Could that tree be Yggdrasil? Fits with the new archer frame 

Despite Ivara being originated from Norse history, I don't believe it really has any significance to the Warframe. The name was created and voted on by The Design Council, so the devs had very little influence on her name. It could have just as likely been Artemis, Willow, or Loxley. They just settled on Ivara around 8 minutes before the stream started.

He said those who have lots of hours in Warframe will get better login rewards because they have played for a long time but this to my knowledge is only true if time played effects mastery rank (as he said mastery rank is the true mechanism that effects login rewards) but it doesn't. It just happens that on average people who have played longer have higher mastery rank but if you use only your top three frames and collect only cool weapons then your mastery rank will go up very slowly, regardless of time played. I now many people who have farmed Draco and in a very short period of time have reached a higher mastery rank. I have 457 hours of Warframe just on steam and probably as many off of steam (don't know if there is a legit way of checking as I've been playing since update 6.5ish) and im only rank 10.

Just wanted to point out that mastery rank is an OK rule of thumb method for checking how long someone has played but there are many out lying cases in which either newer players spend a week or two grind draco and find themselves at a pretty high rank while an more veteran player might have a relatively low rank for their time played because they did not feel the need to level their mastery as they already have tons of weapons/warframes.

Yeah, I've always kept my MR low on purpose... so I'm a little bummed at this news. However, I suppose it's nice to make MR worth something finally.

They said that many of the unique rewards that are given at the large milestones will be fixed and unaffected by MR, so it really shouldn't be a big deal except you might get slightly better resources/potatoes/whatever.

exclusive weapons and primed mods from login rewards? wow thats unexpectedly nice--wait are they removing potatoes from the reward table? Somethings got to give...

I believe they're removing all the XP rewards from login rewards. The potatoes are staying.

Despite Ivara being originated from Norse history, I don't believe it really has any significance to the Warframe. The name was created and voted on by The Design Council, so the devs had very little influence on her name. It could have just as likely been Artemis, Willow, or Loxley. They just settled on Ivara around 8 minutes before the stream started.

Makes sense just figured it was another reference to mythology especially with The New Strange having a quote from the Popol Vuh 

Interesting.  do we know if her parts can drop from any spy mission?  or do we have to do the really high difficulty spy missions?

Also I thought the other chinese frame was coming with U18.  Was worried on how her 1st would interact with controllers.  but tapping to switch instead of holding to switch seems much better.

banshee deluxe skin delayed is sad.  they didn't bring up trinity's though.  or loki's.  wonder why.

EDIT: also.  does pick pocketing enemies take the loot away entirely?  or do they still drop loot when they die?  Basically wondering if her power lets her double dip.  Because I don't see much advantage in stealing from living enemies.  unless you some how get a better drop rate from doing so.

Edited by (XB1)Knight Raime

Interesting.  do we know if her parts can drop from any spy mission?  or do we have to do the really high difficulty spy missions?

Also I thought the other chinese frame was coming with U18.  Was worried on how her 1st would interact with controllers.  but tapping to switch instead of holding to switch seems much better.

banshee deluxe skin delayed is sad.  they didn't bring up trinity's though.  or loki's.  wonder why.

maybe because banshees is the coolest.

Not specified on Ivara's drops... I'd like it if they were exclusive to a single Spy Mission, that way once you obtain her, you don't have to worry about her parts diluting the Spy Vaults later, if you like running them for fun.

They mentioned that Umbra Excalibur has been pushed back, but as far as I know, they still want to get Nezha out in 2015... so possibly in the next week or two following U18?

I don't think work has been done on Loki's deluxe skin. Trinity's should be the next up, with Banshee to follow.