Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Revive Change Bring Out Revive Trolls?

Ketec

Well people now seem to think ''he got 4 revives every mission he dosent need a revive from me, i better go kill some mobs/rush to the objective'' so yea.. u better try to not die often/at all to evade this problem which is what i do.

Why should I revive you?

I didn't die, you did, you are the one who is incompetent and should suffer for it.

I don't get a reward after reviving 1k people, so what are you going to do for me, that I should stop what I'm doing and go revive you?

And that's not counting the hallway heroes, hold my cephalon and watch this guys, people too far ahead, people too far behind...

Really, I see plenty of revives are apt to occur if you stick with the group and one of them is in invincible mode. Its when you start dithering off on your own or get surrounded that they don't. Much less the strategy of letting you die so I can get through a friendship door because you thought that you had to keep killing all the enemies on a boss tile. Yeah. I had somebody do that. 

But really, there is no incentive, you are just seeing that the people who were on the fence are now going with the rest who can't be bothered. Offer them plat or something next time as an incentive to be revived. Services rendered for services paid.

We are mercenaries after all.

Why should I revive you?

I didn't die, you did, you are the one who is incompetent and should suffer for it.

I don't get a reward after reviving 1k people, so what are you going to do for me, that I should stop what I'm doing and go revive you?

And that's not counting the hallway heroes, hold my cephalon and watch this guys, people too far ahead, people too far behind...

Really, I see plenty of revives are apt to occur if you stick with the group and one of them is in invincible mode. Its when you start dithering off on your own or get surrounded that they don't. Much less the strategy of letting you die so I can get through a friendship door because you thought that you had to keep killing all the enemies on a boss tile. Yeah. I had somebody do that. 

But really, there is no incentive, you are just seeing that the people who were on the fence are now going with the rest who can't be bothered. Offer them plat or something next time as an incentive to be revived. Services rendered for services paid.

Helping is a reward in itself? That how I see it anyways.

Why should I revive you?

This mindset disgusts me.

There should be some reward for reviving. Give people a incentive to do so. It's kinda sad that it might be needed but if it works then hey. Maybe bonus exp or something.

There already is. 100 xp for reviving a fellow Tenno. Just from reading that, however, you should see the problem

Why should I revive you?

this mindset is the reason for this thread; you work as a team, when one member gets downed, you help them, when a rare mod drops, you mark it, that's how a team works, and why it's called teamwork

I would never run off on a revive, that being said pugs are and have been issues for teamwork. If you want to ensure revs maybe ask once you get down in case they don't notice? (idk how they wouldnt but whatever) or try to stick together in a close vicinity so it isn't out of their way to come find and rev you.

Didn't realize this was the new mindset, I am still reviving out of habit because of the old system.

Being honest though, even if this was the system from day one, two years ago I would have revived people or tried my best to because I know that If i was in that position, situation, I'd want a revive. 

Dirty fix for penalizing others for people dying would be a bad call because it would lead to pug groups being more toxic overall. If I get penalized because a rusher or looter dies because they didn't stick with the group, I'll stop wanting to play with folks. Likewise if people are marked and they run a pug mission with unranked gear or die due to lag and glitches, I'll want to go solo. Then you would have to hope you don't join a group with players who are in a trolling mood and who would bring in a unranked unit and die four times in a row just to see how much of a penalty they can put on a player who is actually trying to run the mission. Unless they said they were going to do that to the player, it would be hard to prove they are trolling.

As for the smart reputation system, that would need a lot of work. How would the system dictate who gets a positive rep and negative? There have been games that had similar systems like that but it lead to folks being threatened for rep bombing if they don't comply with others.

Even though there are unwritten rules and etiquette of being part of a team, not like everyone knows them or follows them. There are some that only run in a group because either the mission requires it, it will go faster with others, or certain players are hoping that (if other players are marked) certain assassins show up due to the increase of people in the group.

Why should I revive you?

I am going to respond to this alone: 

Players, even the best ones, can screw up every once in a while, either by accident, or being in a new situation (in which they are currently adapting and could encounter a few transitioning pains). They are still excellent at what they do, but mistakes can happen. 

Why should I revive you?

The kind of player who destroy the purpose of a team. Seriously man, why you choose to play in a COOPERATIVE game?

Why should I revive you?

Please quit Warframe.