Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Ordis Lines

VectorWolf

That's a good point, we'll look into it.

Talking about that, err, Spoilers:

Maybe you guys would be interested into making a megathread to improve lines for the Operators themselves. Some of them seem out of place, and some are weird. I'm pretty certain the community can give a good input as to what would you expect of the Operator, and keeping it into a marked Spoilers Megathread would be a good place to keep it all together for your team convenience.

EDIT: Also wanted to say that I'm sorry for hijacking the topic XD But what the OP said is also true, some lines are not needed anymore, I'm thinking right now of "not splitting the dream".

Edited by NightmareT12

Talking about that, err, Spoilers:

Maybe you guys would be interested into making a megathread to improve lines for the Operators themselves. Some of them seem out of place, and some are weird. I'm pretty certain the community can give a good input as to what would you expect of the Operator, and keeping it into a marked Spoilers Megathread would be a good place to keep it all together for your team convenience.

Being able to select some type of personality would be great as well. A degree of customization in the term sof what the Operators say would go a long way. Before, all players were silent, so personality wasn't an issue and a frame's personality would have the player's projected onto it. Now, the player is represented by the Operator who says things the player might not.

Edited by Flamingfighter

Ordis: "Operator, are you enjoying your seat? Ordis has ensured it has been cleaned by a factor of no more than one particle of unintentional debris per nanometer... For maximum comfort".

Operator: "It's fine Ordis".

Ordis: "Just...fine?". (Saddened)

Edited by Danjal777

Ordis: "Operator, are you enjoying your seat? Ordis has ensured it has been cleaned by a factor of no more than one particle of unintentional debris per nanometer... For maximum comfort".

Poor Ordis. q_q

We need a "Reply" button that we can hit to make the Operator talk back to Ordis.

Basicly this. Lines from us should be responces from us, not to us. We dont need advices from ourselves. Also I dont find operator to be destructive in immersion. I just see her as me, the same with warframe Im wearing - they are both me at once. The same is with Sentients, Hunhow is him and enemies we fight at once.

This almost made me fall outta my chair laughing, I'd love to see these lines in game so much.

I think the biggest problem I have with the lines isn't that the Operator is saying things, it's that some of the things he/she is saying doesn't seem to make sense continuity-wise.

For example, my Operator often says things when loading into missions like, "So the Corpus are just a Cult, worshiping money." or, "So the Grineer degrade over time, I wonder if that's why they're so violent?". These kind of lines are nice... but don't make sense. Granted, the Second Dream was supposedly us thinking we WERE the Warframes (or that's what I took from it), but that doesn't mean to me that we would have forgotten everything we learned in that state. This is especially since in the end of the quest the Lotus calls it a "lucid dream". To me, I lose immersion when I think about how my Operator has apparently forgotten basic things about the universe and what roams the solar system for no logical or explained reason after she's "lived" in it for several years through her Warframe(s).

I'd just much prefer the lines to have some more creativity and forethought. Something along the lines even of, "It seems nothing has changed. Grineer are still the same as I remember them; falling apart and violent.", "The Corpus are nothing but a money-worshiping cult. Disgusting." etc. The lines can have some of the same flavor, but at least allude to things we as a player, and vicariously things our operator, have learned "living" in the solar system through this large span of time and fighting through all the battles that we have. As it is the dialogue feels disjointed and out of context and makes my Operator character feel like she's half outside of the world instead of living in it and interacting with it meaningfully like a lot of the NPC characters around her do.

Edited by Jeahanne

Perhaps all of the major players should be able to speak directly to the Operators now, and vice-versa.

Tyl Regor: Ah, so the Tenno LIZARDS have come scurrying back to my Laboratory. What's the problem now? Having yourselves a little trouble with the big bad Star FFFFISH?

Operator: Were you always this insane or did something happen to you in the cloning vats?

Tyl Regor: Hmph. Typical lowbrow insults. Trying to mask your jealousy with humor.... Maybe I'll just excise that "humor" right out of your PRETTY LITTLE HEAD...once I find you....

or

Nef Anyo: Ahhhh, Tenno. Behold, my faithful followers, these horrid pariahs have come skulking into my cathedral in search of Sanctuary, now that the Void has exiled them from the Holy Land. You'll find no salvation here, Heretics, only your destruction by the hands of the devout!

Operator: Talk about your Messiah Complex. I think you let the money go to your head, "Prophet."

Nef Anyo: I expected nothing less than vile and hateful heresy to pour from the mouth of such a sinner, how nice that you don't disappoint. Let's see if you can maintain that blasphemous attitude when my Paladins tear you asunder in a zealous frenzy, and purify you in the Holy Flames of Profit...

or even

Stalker: You may try to resist me, but you cannot fight your nature...murderer....

Operator: And what's wrong with protecting the system from those bent on ruling it?

Stalker: Who will protect it from you?....

A lot of fun can be had with this whole "being able to speak" thing.

Edited by Meta_Nexus

Perhaps all of the major players should be able to speak directly to the Operators now, and vice-versa.

Tyl Regor: Ah, so the Tenno LIZARDS have come scurrying back to my Laboratory. What's the problem now? Having yourselves a little trouble with the big bad Star FFFFISH?

Operator: Were you always this insane or did something happen to you in the cloning vats?

Tyl Regor: Hmph. Typical lowbrow insults. Trying to mask your jealousy with humor.... Maybe I'll just excise that "humor" right out of your PRETTY LITTLE HEAD...once I find you....

or

Nef Anyo: Ahhhh, Tenno. Behold, my faithful followers, these horrid pariahs have some skulking into my cathedral in search of Sanctuary, now that the Void has expelled them from the Holy Land. You'll find no salvation here, Heretics, only your destruction by the hands of the devout!

Operator: Talk about your Messiah Complex. I think you let the money go to your head, "Prophet."

Nef Anyo: I expected nothing less than vile and hateful heresy to pour from the mouth of such a sinner, how nice that you don't disappoint. Let's see if you can maintain that blasphemous attitude when my Paladins tear you asunder in a zealous frenzy, and purify you in the Holy Flames of Profit...

or even

Stalker: You may try to resist me, but you cannot fight your nature...murderer....

Operator: And what's wrong with protecting the system from those bent on ruling it?

Stalker: Who will protect it from you?....

A lot of fun can be had with this whole "being able to speak" thing.

I like your style dude, you are onto some good stuff here.

Operator: "Ordis, I am hungry, what kind of foods can you produce?"

Ordis: (gleeful) "Oh operator, I thought you would never ask! I have spent centuries pouring over many culinary databases in anticipation for this moment!!! I can create a fine nutrient rich paste from nano spores with a light plastid seasoning. Operator, it has ALL of your daily nutritional needs in one convenient meal!!!"

Operator: "Uh...anything else?"

Ordis: "Perhaps a Kubrow egg omelette?"

Kubrow (if on ship): *whimper

Operator: "NO ORDIS!!!"

Ordis: "Operator, I have finished counting stars, all accounted for.

Operator: "Even the void stars? That's impressive"!

Ordis: "Void...stars...? If you will excuse me operator...*sigh, it seems I have much to do.."

Operator: "Ordis?"

Ordis: "*sigh...one, two, three...*sigh"

Operator: "Ordis, how do you remember Lotus?"

Ordis: "Oh operator, she is so lovely! 65% of the finest oxygen, 18.5% of the most perfect carbon, 9.5% of rarest hydrogen, 3.2% of the richest nitrogen, 1.5% of the brightest-".

Operator: "Nevermind, Ordis".

Ordis: "As you wish Operator".

I could do this all day!

Will you just look into it, or actually do something ?...

The syndicate leaders still don't speak during syndicate missions in place of the Lotus, for example, and it's been requested for months. :/

This might be a bug with U18. Every syndicate mission I have done in U18, has had the leader say something. Yet, my operator hasn't said one thing since the launch.