The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lacera Or Mios, This Is The Question

TheGoodDarius

Question

I have both these weapons, without a Orokin Catalyst on, but I have no interest in keeping them both. So I'm deciding which one should I sell and I think both of them have their qualities. Lacera is a full status weapon and with the many hits of Defiled Snapdragon and a Primed Reach it can happily spread its love to the enemy in the form of procs. However, it is slower than Mios and unlike it, it doesn't have the stats for a crit build. Mios on the other hand is faster, it doesn't need Fury and with a 15% of critical chance it is available for Berserk and has a nice status too, which means whirlwind of death. As for the looking of the weapons, I say I like them both, with a preference for Lacera because Mios is a little too disproportionate for my liking but it's still ok.

So what do you say, Lacera or Mios? 

21 answers to this question

Mios is superior to Lacera in pretty much every way.

One might insist that Lacera has pure Shock damage base and much higher status, but on the other hand, it's much slower than Mios and cannot benefit at all from Berserker, making Mios output much more status effects per second and keeping demanded status per second on pretty much the same level.

Edited by Mofixil

I'd go mios, it can be build on crit or status depending on need, has a health dose of slash and I like the look more.

The most important thing being the look, of course, Fashionframe ftw.

Edit, the weapons are both good enough that it comes down to whatever you like the look of most.

Edited by Keltik0ne

Mios is better imo. I have both with catalyst on them. To me it comes down to the fact that Mios attacks MUCH faster since its Crit viable. The other is a slow status weapon and to me status weapons need to attack fast to spread the procs around.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

Lol, oldschool. 

What's wrong with the good old things in life? lol. Orthos Prime, Dragon Nikana, Dakra Prime Galatine, Dual Ichor, Jat Kittag, Scindo Prime, etc. That's were the true kings lay. All these War, Broken-War, Mios, Lacera, etc. They're fun, but nothing is like the good ol' melees.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

I have both these weapons, without a Orokin Catalyst on, but I have no interest in keeping them both. So I'm deciding which one should I sell and I think both of them have their qualities. Lacera is a full status weapon and with the many hits of Defiled Snapdragon and a Primed Reach it can happily spread its love to the enemy in the form of procs. However, it is slower than Mios and unlike it, it doesn't have the stats for a crit build. Mios on the other hand is faster, it doesn't need Fury and with a 15% of critical chance it is available for Berserk and has a nice status too, which means whirlwind of death. As for the looking of the weapons, I say I like them both, with a preference for Lacera because Mios is a little too disproportionate for my liking but it's still ok.

So what do you say, Lacera or Mios?

Mios:

MUCH better attack speed

Multiple damage types vs Sentients

Naramon Crit Boost Stack

As above, Crit + Status

I prefer lacera. Especially when fighting armored units the status doesn't falloff as fast as crits. Sure it's not as fast but I still see plenty of high damage critical with the lacera and with

99% status and one of the best ranged melee it is a debuff monster. Viral and radiation all day

unfortunately viral doesn't stack multiple times and any proc after the first only refreshes how long that viral proc stays. Now also consider the new event mods on PC which are, Body Count, Weeping Wounds, and Blood Rush and Mios has now become very viable for straight up status everywhere (55% status with 2 event status mods, which boosts up to 85% at the 1.5x combo multiplier and 115% at the 2x combo multiplier if i did my math right), or for critting everything/critting everything with a 55% status chance (rank 9/10 blood rush at the 2x combo multiplier makes Mios's crit chance placed at 60% if i did my math right assuming True Steel isn't on the build). Yes, Lacera could pull off the status build better, but Mios will hit faster so if you placed both using the same status build incorporating weeping wounds, Mios really isn't very far behind it.

For me, I vote the Mios....unless you really like that Lacera Acolyte Skin....

I would say lacera just because a 15% base crit is just ok imo. I have a lot of fun with both, but definitely prefer the lacera over the Mios because you're almost guaranteed a status proc. I have mine upgraded for blast and corrosive damage and it can take out lot's of enemies. Sure, it's a little slower, but it's powerful.

I would say lacera just because a 15% base crit is just ok imo. I have a lot of fun with both, but definitely prefer the lacera over the Mios because you're almost guaranteed a status proc. I have mine upgraded for blast and corrosive damage and it can take out lot's of enemies. Sure, it's a little slower, but it's powerful.

Lacera has whopping 2.5% crit chance. And is slow as heck by default.

I'd say Lacera as it's magically doing great job even against acolytes or even misery itsefl !

I put 3 elemental mods, blood rush + body count AND the maiming strike, and for the added fun I put berserker to it and it serves me heaven <3
like everytime I slide attack it would be a 50% red crit chance at 1,5x and it procs my naramon real good! 

haven't tried Mios but it is definitely my next list of weapons to boost!

20k-40k red crits damage to Misery, oh good times xD

I'd say Lacera as it's magically doing great job even against acolytes or even misery itsefl !

I put 3 elemental mods, blood rush + body count AND the maiming strike, and for the added fun I put berserker to it and it serves me heaven <3

like everytime I slide attack it would be a 50% red crit chance at 1,5x and it procs my naramon real good! 

haven't tried Mios but it is definitely my next list of weapons to boost!

20k-40k red crits damage to Misery, oh good times xD

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

The blood rush is of use only in the slide attack... with Lacera's crappy Crit Chance...

For the rest of the attacks... you would only be counting on the body count for the combo multiplier...

Is Blood Rush really worth the slot? Or do you just keep spinning?