Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion On Ivara Farming.

Lehxus

haha dude other warframes were way harder, while I dont promote nor condone fitting in grind when there is really no reason to, you havent even tipped the iceberg in farming yet. ivara is showing what it was in ze old days on how hard it was to get a frame.

...is that a joke?

the only 3 frames that be seen as "hard" is ash/oberon considering their parts drop from mobs and vauben since the only way to get him is alerts. ivara is by far the TOP hardest frame to farm.

Hydroid was behind a Key-wall.

Mesa when Rotten Salad Cord didnt drop in ODD.

Equinox

Nova when she was just released. NEVER FORGET!

What was nova grind like?

in terms of grind, its not that bad. It might not be as readily available as alot of frames, but she is certainly easier to farm compare to prime frames, and she isnt stuck between a key wall like mesa, nekros and previously hydriod.

She's also not gated behind a rng timer like vauban is or the nitian alerts.

The only thing i might change is moving the blueprint to the market so it is line with the most of other warframes.

...is that a joke?

the only 3 frames that be seen as "hard" is ash/oberon considering their parts drop from mobs and vauben since the only way to get him is alerts. ivara is by far the TOP hardest frame to farm.

It's not a joke, Hydroid is an example. You had to farm an enemy that basically spawned the least units of, then hope they drop a super rare delta coordinate where after 20 waves of defense you might earn none. Make the key, which takes hours to finish. Kill Vay Hek and hope he drops the part you want, with one part purposely harder to get than the rest.

It's not a joke, Hydroid is an example. You had to farm an enemy that basically spawned the least units of, then hope they drop a super rare delta coordinate where after 20 waves of defense you might earn none. Make the key, which takes hours to finish. Kill Vay Hek and hope he drops the part you want, with one part purposely harder to get than the rest.

thats then, this is now. you can now get hydroid very easily. mesa is the only one in the pool with getting keys to a boss to get the frame which she can even be gotten easily. currently ivara is the hardest frame to farm.

What was nova grind like?

That was back when bosses didn't have a 100% chance to drop a part, and before they implemented them as mission completion rewards. It was an orb the boss dropped that you had to collect (no Carrier either). Nova specifically had a wonderful problem that even if Raptor dropped anything at all, he frequently dropped it in an un-reachable place or it fell straight through the map and was lost.

Edited by DeathwingZero

thats then, this is now. you can now get hydroid very easily. mesa is the only one in the pool with getting keys to a boss to get the frame which she can even be gotten easily. currently ivara is the hardest frame to farm.

Equinox 8 parts?

The pheriac pod acquisition for atlas mission?

ANY prime warframe that doesn't utilize trade chat?

And how is farming for mutualist nav cores in ODD deemed easier than the availability of spy missions?

That was back when bosses didn't have a 100% chance to drop a part, and before they implemented them as mission completion rewards. It was an orb the boss dropped that you had to collect (no Carrier either). Nova specifically had a wonderful problem that even if Raptor dropped anything at all, he frequently dropped it in an un-reachable place or it fell straight through the map and was lost.

Oh i do remember that horror story. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm wondering if I've discovered a glitch cos statistically my luck really doesn't add up. I had a crack at getting Ivara attempting Oceanum, Pluto first. I was careless and tripped a laser on the last vault but still succeeded and straight away, got the Helmet. Not wishing to displease RNGesus I decided to trip the alarm on the final vault next run as well and got the BP. Hardly able to believe it I decided to go to Phobos and try for the Chassis, once more tripping the last vault. First time again, the Chassis drops, 3 from 3...

So I tried the same method on Vesper, Venus for the Systems and after 5 attempts it dropped. So that's 8 runs for all parts and here's where it gets crazy. I decided to test it again and got another Helmet, BP and Systems in the next 5 runs. Crazy theory time: I think the mods that can drop in high tier have a lesser chance of dropping if you don't make a perfect run, therefore if you do this you take them out of the loot pool and gain a higher chance of an Ivara part. Some will say its just RNG but that's seriously astronomical odds, give it a try and hopefully this theory will work for you too. Because the lower tier vaults don't have these rare mod drops the same trick didn't work on the Systems. At least that's what I think may've happened.

Edited by Zilchy

There's something amazing in all this.

The fact that DE still hasn't learned their lesson with locking new warframes behind boring RNG-grind walls, and that a lot of people in this community still make a big ruckus over it, as if it were something new and unexpected.

This is DE we're talking about, folks. They will never stop messing with us when it comes to getting new stuff.

haha dude other warframes were way harder, while I dont promote nor condone fitting in grind when there is really no reason to, you havent even tipped the iceberg in farming yet. ivara is showing what it was in ze old days on how hard it was to get a frame.

Running merrow a hundred times to get saryn especially with those balls of death from kela de thayme.

OT: remember rollers in the pipe?

*shudders

There's something amazing in all this.

The fact that DE still hasn't learned their lesson with locking new warframes behind boring RNG-grind walls, and that a lot of people in this community still make a big ruckus over it, as if it were something new and unexpected.

This is DE we're talking about, folks. They will never stop messing with us when it comes to getting new stuff.

I'm not sure are you try to be bitter about it or just noticing it indifferently and with understanding?

Ofc that is what they do and I totally support them, they after all, live with money they earn like the rest of us. And forums are in general full with whining spoiled children that want they new toys for free and as soon as possible: grow up kids, this is free to play, meaning that either you have patience and time to farm, or you have credit card. 

I my ivara is cooking already and wukong is 1 nitain short, so system works (with occasional collateral victim of rng gods, nothing you can do there)

Edited by ThorienKELL

Hmm Ivara is grindy but there are some other things:

Old banshee, things dropped in defenses and other places ( low drop and were spread out everywhere)

Purple orbs and no 100% chance

Old nova farming

Mesa before ODD dropped the orbs

Zephyr when oxium dropped in 1-2 each

I'm not sure are you try to be bitter about it or just noticing it indifferently and with understanding?

Ofc that is what they do and I totally support them, they after all, live with money they earn like the rest of us. And forums are in general full with whining spoiled children that want they new toys for free and as soon as possible: grow up kids, this is free to play, meaning that either you have patience and time to farm, or you have credit card. 

I my ivara is cooking already and wukong is 1 nitain short, so system works (with occasional collateral victim of rng gods, nothing you can do there)

If I had a dollar for every DE apologist defending this system, I would be a very rich individual indeed. You can continue to support and defend them all you want, but it won't change the fact that for years now, DE has always been talking about "reducing the grind", yet all they've done is the opposite. If you payed attention to their devstreams, you would've noticed that.

Yes, they need money to sustain themselves, just like everyone else, but what does that have to do with anything? They can still reduce the grind and earn money, if a customer is satisfied with the game, he/she will invest in it for further content. I know I have. What they're doing is just milking the cash cow, releasing new gear and then hiding it behind grindwalls the size of Mt. Everest so as to motivate players to turn to the market and purchase with platinum.

In the endrun, what do you get? Players that are frustrated with the game, and that might or will leave the game, and potential new players that will be demotivated after learning about obtaining gear in Warframe: either you waste yourself trying to get that one part you need to craft the item, or you waste dosh in the Market. Pay 4 Convenience gone wrong.

Also, fix that english.

Edited by RazorTip

Equinox 8 parts?

The pheriac pod acquisition for atlas mission?

ANY prime warframe that doesn't utilize trade chat?

And how is farming for mutualist nav cores in ODD deemed easier than the availability of spy missions?

equo drops from a boss you can literally kill in less than 5 mins. i (like most) got all the parts from her in a less than a day.

again very easy to get jug to appear and kill.

primes are cake walk to farm. granted some parts are a tad rare but still you can get more of them then a single part for ivara.

coords drop quite often and really you only need them for for very specific things which after you get that thing they are useless.

normally i would say rng is rng but to have her parts, INCLUDING the BP (like really DE?!) scattered across numerous spy missions and then on top of that make her % of drop massively low is quite re$&*^ and lets not forget that she also requires nitian to make. tbh if they cant put a new frame in tenno lab or boss then just make it a quest plan and simple. we have enough crap thats filled with rng to the brim.