Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Warframe Passive's To The The Abilities Page Of The Ui

NovusNova

I've found many people that are unaware of both, which frames have passives and where to find what those passives are so I thought it would be good to add what passive's Warframes have to the abilities section of the UI to make it easier to find and to have the passive's displayed in game.

Below are a couple of quick mock up's I made showing what it could look like, would need some re-arranging to fit in properly. The information about the Rhino Passive was found on the wiki, Link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Passives

Example of a Warframe with a Passive:

LhZXV1M.jpg

Example of a Warframe that doesn't have a passive yet:

GF5twBe.jpg

I've been made a thread on this hoping for it to be a thing without looking online for it. But many replies replied with "passives are meant to be hidden" or something on the lines of that.

I think they are too hidden at the moment, its at the point where most don't know Passive's for frames are a thing and both posting threads and posting in region chat with "Why is my Rhino doing a shock-wave when I fall?" and so on.

I think they are too hidden at the moment, its at the point where most don't know Passive's for frames are a thing and post threads with "Why is my Rhino doing a shock-wave when I fall?" and so on.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe when the next batch of passives roll out, it will get included. Unless DE doing one frame at a time with the reworks/tweaks of frames when they deluxe skin roll out. That reminds me. Did Loki get a passive when his deluxe skin came out or no?

• 2 months later...

So every Frame is going to get passive at some point, new frames have one from the get go and reworked frames get one added to them. Some of them are simple like Mirage has faster movement speed during certain Parkor movements, other are more complicated with layers to them case in point Inaros (YAY NEW FRAME TIE IN YAY) with his life gain on finishers and the whole sarcophagus thing when he bleeds out. Frames like Frost has a passive you may never notice "small chance to freeze enemy's when hit", and Mesa has three parts to her passive requiring you to have dual wield side arms, one handed side arms, or not have a melee, how are you supposed to know about all of this. The answer is to check the Wiki, but I am lazy so can we get a passive tab below the abilities tab that sends you to a nice little text box that says in nice big letters PASSIVE NAME followed by what that passive is, and finally have a little button at the bottom called view stats with/without mods maybe throw an exit button next to it or something (or a party time button your choice). 

I know not ever frame has a passive right now, and their page would simple be sorry nothing to see here, but it starting to get kind of nuts with these newer frames requiring players to utilize other resources to figure out whats going on with some of these frames. 

Edited by RustKnight5

• 1 month later...

I just noticed that the old thread has been archived. Bugger.

Anyway, with all frames getting their passive now, I feel that this really needs to be in the game. We have the codex and all that - and yet the wiki is the best and most reliable source for information. A third-party site tells you more about the game than the game itself. It's a shame. Compare this to Overwatch, for example. Their own site and the game offers full information on all abilities of a hero, including passives.

On 3.1.2016 at 1:07 AM, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

But many replies replied with "passives is a hidden feature" or something on the lines of that.

That's a load of bullcrap, if you ask me. Locker rooms in elevators, Kuria, stuff like that - yeah. But passives are an essential part of the frames and deeply affect how they feel. Just because the UI designers were too lazy to put that information in so far doesn't mean they're "hidden". Or you could argue that certain Kubrow abilities are "hidden features" as well since we don't know at all how they change when leveling up.

4 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

That's a load of bullcrap, if you ask me. Locker rooms in elevators, Kuria, stuff like that - yeah. But passives are an essential part of the frames and deeply affect how they feel. Just because the UI designers were too lazy to put that information in so far doesn't mean they're "hidden". Or you could argue that certain Kubrow abilities are "hidden features" as well since we don't know at all how they change when leveling up.

I completely agree. Passives shouldnt be figured out by other sources other than the game. Especially since all warframes passives are coming, Im never gonna remember them. lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/05/2016 at 0:54 AM, [DE]Pablo said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone,

In U19 the abilities screen will have the passive and energy costs of abilities (finally).

Hide contents

fCbuLI1.jpg

Cheers,

Pablo

Excellent.

It's nice to finally have some proper information in the game instead of everyone having to rely on datamined wiki info.